March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm officially tired of Sims 4, where to go from here..?

13...Next

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    I'm amazed how many people suggested cities lol, its such a widely played game! Ironically I own every expansion for it and never played it after the first dlc came out...I just kept buying them.

As for suggestions, maybe trying reading a book? I don't know where you live but its really nice now/spring has come where I'm at and Iove walking to the beach with a good book!

I think I'm good on beaches thank you, I work at one lol.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • KristinaKristina Posts: 582 Member
    Sounds like time for a break!

I've just started playing again after a four month break from the game myself. In that time I read over 30 books, platinumed two PS3 games (and played another six to various stages of completion), and wrote a novel. :)
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    About 6 months ago, I was watching this LP for a Youtuber's playthrough of their Simself's life living in a shoddy apartment in the city while striving to make it in social media. I hilariously enjoyed it so much it actually pushed me to buy TS4 digital deluxe at full price and play the base game only. I spent hours and hours playing the game, and while I had my fun with just the base game, I got tired of it faster than what I would've liked. Thus I started spending more on all those packs, little by little, and it thoroughly enhanced a lot more of my play experience, and coupled with joining this forum shortly after, My Simming habit became an obsession. Even my SO commented on my unhealthy Simming obsession! Months went by again and I started getting the feeling again, to which it eventually prompted me to start exploring mods in the next year, and that expanded my gameplay experience much more than I thought it could. Of course though, even this wouldn't last long either. Time goes by, I get a new job, and the game seems to no longer satisfy me as I would when I played it religiously before. These new packs are great here and there, but then it eventually sputters out quickly and I can't seem to want to play farther anymore. I have all these saves, and I've gotten tired of them all. I've relegated myself to just CAS now since I still find enjoyment in making Sims, but I never seem to actually play these Sims and just stay there in my library to look at.

So officially, I can say that I no longer find anything that excites me enough to continue playing Sims 4. Where do I go from here..?

i have been here so I can relate just take a brake of a few month hold on until November and possably sesons then do as i do and play once a week or whatever get anoher game to help brake up th monotany. here are some ideas:

if you like aircraft:

store.steampowered.com/app/389280/Flight_Sim_World/

store.steampowered.com/app/269950/XPlane_11/

or Trains

store.steampowered.com/app/24010/Train_Simulator/

store.steampowered.com/app/530070/Train_Sim_World_CSX_Heavy_Haul/

or trucks

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227300/Euro_Truck_Simulator_2/

store.steampowered.com/app/270880/American_Truck_Simulator/

and if you have ha a hard day or somthing

http://store.steampowered.com/app/379720/DOOM/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/552520/Far_Cry_5/

look at a few of them for some spice in your life it's just getting a bit same old same old it's like if you had spagbol for supper everyday you like spagbol but you want some vriaty thats all.

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    As others have said, take a break, play other games.
    Maybe even go camping and get away from playing any games at all, or go dig a veggie patch, paint a portrait, knit a rug, do something productive with your spare time.

A change is as good as a holiday.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    I can totally totally relate.. sometime ago I got soooo bored of the sims 4 that I ddnt play it for more than 6 months I actually also remember getting bored overtime when I played the game at lunch even...and I still get bored sometimes when I play the game for long hours or a few days. What brings back my interest is the breaks I take, an inspirational scenario I want to recreate in the game, or an inspirational build but mostly is my love for the game

Now the funny thing is I have personally never I mean never remember getting bored with playing sims 3 instead I usually deprive myself basic needs like sleep and sometimes forgetting to eat.

This is not to pop up any sort of discussion its just my personal experience. And this issue is something i personally think is worth the devs looking into going forward. Seriously I think something is wrong somewhere
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited March 2018
    Been there after a few months of playing the sims.

May I suggest you playing GTA series instead??
    Or any other games?

There are plenty of other video games out there.

Then later the time may come when you miss playing the sims.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I'm amazed how many people suggested cities lol, its such a widely played game! Ironically I own every expansion for it and never played it after the first dlc came out...I just kept buying them.

Glad I'm not the only one!!! LOL I keep buying the EP but I haven't really played since after dark.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Glad I'm not the only one!!! LOL I keep buying the EP but I haven't really played since after dark.

You should totally reconsider playing that again too, but can tell you that eventually you'll get involved in modding that as well eventually, especially music packs. I seem to always like going back to it just to listen to the future funk music stations I downloaded for it lol. Once you reach 100k population in a city, it gets harder to find other things to give to the city.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Whenever I get burned out from the Sims 4 I end up playing time management games (Xbox or N64 games too) or pick up a new hobby. I get bored of TS4 easily so I can relate.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    To Skyrim!
    Sometimes you have to leave TS4 for an extended period of time.
    TESV%202016-12-26%2015-55-24-91.png
    It's like an extremely slow motion ping pong match between The Sims 3/4 and Skyrim.
    When I can't even bare to start up a Sims game, I mod Skyrim to the nines and immerse myself.

I have a new computer and have to install Skyrim all over again. I never finished my last play through of Skyrim despite having a total blast with it, so I am feeling the itch to get it back. I am currently into The Sims 4, but I sense a TS4 wall ahead and I will probably reinstall and Mod Skyrim again.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Go play to Cities Skylines.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Amaraen82Amaraen82 Posts: 25 Member
    It's interesting how many people find a ping-pong type effect between a few games that they play. For me the other major game I play is Civilization, which I also binge on like with The Sims.