Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hi :)

Love the pictures and the Stories! :mrgreen:

Part of Pleasantview-playing a BaCC again
    FuXxZl5.jpg
    I played the Goths today (started them yesterday). Mortimer built the City hall for the town. It's the same style I built last time because I like it. :)
    psgyWC5.jpg

There are enough families to have a few free lots, one being my Wedding Castle. Mortimer and Bella got married there. I like that I can make them walk down on different sides. :)
    5rAIJrs.jpg

He did become a Plantsims and spored twin girl plantsims. Allie and Allia- they're at the wedding. :)
    gYUhryV.jpg

This is Allie when she was a toddler, she just Had to play with the evil jack in the box.
    MXw5XFH.jpg

After his twins grew up and he got married, he spored 2 more plantsims. This is Monty- with Cool ears. :D
    1JVRDwr.jpg

They were given a Genie lamp so Bella took advantage of it. She wants 20 Loves. :lol:
    LurO2dO.jpg

I built them a castle- not too big nor too small- Bella runs it like a business (9am-9pm)
    crikiQC.jpg

Alexander is a teen and he's smart... he plays with the nice jack-in-the-box.
    bOtnLB6.jpg
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited March 2018
    Still playing the same non Legacy house and the NPC dormies I have in there are quite the handful. I have had 2 couples get together and 1 of them unfortunately break up thanks to the Evil Cow mascot (2 guys who got together after my last Sim left). One couple managed to get back together. I have also had 2 girls brawling for NO reason. I think all of this is the reason I have gone back to Sims 2 over Sims 4 lol

Ooooh that cow mascot can be a real pain! Glad you seem to be enjoying your game though!

@Rflong7 That looks awesome! I love the train. Good luck with your challenge!
    I don't know what to do with the Brokes this time. :(

Last time I just played them and let her raise her kids. Time before that I let Brandi die and Dustin raised Beau. Before that I had Brandi and Darren Dreamer get married and had one big family. One time I had her marry Mortimer but he's already married and he's happy- earning skills. :)

So, any suggestions? Please and Thank you! :cookie:
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I finished (for now) my CC cleaning.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to clear up enough memory for the game to stop crashing on various saves/loads, and we had a lot of weird graphics flickering, so I updated the graphics card.

*crosses fingers*
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
    *crosses fingers for you, too* =]
    I finished (for now) my CC cleaning.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to clear up enough memory for the game to stop crashing on various saves/loads, and we had a lot of weird graphics flickering, so I updated the graphics card.

*crosses fingers*

Update: No crashing at stupidly low graphics, so I'm going to re-run the graphics rules maker and keep testing. Fortunately, since I can't play properly at this resolution, I'm working on my CC cleaning tutorial.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Still playing the same non Legacy house and the NPC dormies I have in there are quite the handful. I have had 2 couples get together and 1 of them unfortunately break up thanks to the Evil Cow mascot (2 guys who got together after my last Sim left). One couple managed to get back together. I have also had 2 girls brawling for NO reason. I think all of this is the reason I have gone back to Sims 2 over Sims 4 lol

Ooooh that cow mascot can be a real pain! Glad you seem to be enjoying your game though!

@Rflong7 That looks awesome! I love the train. Good luck with your challenge!

Oh I am having fun letting these townies duke it out lol It's WWE in there with a three way fight; another Sim was in the dorm and left after fighting with 2 girls (one of whom was another Sim of mine who asked to dance with him and he rejected her. A second student saw this go down and she proceeded to help my student get revenge). And my last Sim caught her bf kissing another female student right before she graduated so I didn't have time to repair that relationship. No idea what's going to happen next when I go back into my game tonight lol
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been rewriting BACC challenge rules and getting ready to start one in Dodge which is empty and waiting for my sims to move in.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I've been rewriting BACC challenge rules and getting ready to start one in Dodge which is empty and waiting for my sims to move in.

Hurrah, fellow BACC Frankensteiner! XD
    @Rflong7 I don't have a clue, sounds like you have already played it everyway possible. :D

@Scribal_Goddess Hope you can get your game working again. Are you also having a memory leak?

@EricasFreePlay LOL! Sounds like fun! The unexpected happening is the fun part!

@TadOlson Good luck with your next challenge!
    edited March 2018
    Need a bit of help. One of the students in my dorm broke the Maxis Game Simulator in the dorm (I didn't see this happen. I just went into my game and noticed it was smashed to pieces in a corner of a room) and I get the option to clean it up but my Sim can't complete the action even though the system is in a very accessible place in the room. Anyway I can clean it up or do I just have to delete it using a cheat code? It's the blue game system Sims can buy games for from a community lot store.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Because i've just finish reading "The Remains Of The Days" lately and also because i've loved that book, i've planed to create Darlington hall. I didn't watch the movie, so i can guess that i'm just going to create a big mansion named Darlington hall :D
    This is going to be hard, really ^^
    edited March 2018
    Need a bit of help. One of the students in my dorm broke the Maxis Game Simulator in the dorm (I didn't see this happen. I just went into my game and noticed it was smashed to pieces in a corner of a room) and I get the option to clean it up but my Sim can't complete the action even though the system is in a very accessible place in the room. Anyway I can clean it up or do I just have to delete it using a cheat code? It's the blue game system Sims can buy games for from a community lot store.

You can use moveobjects on pick it up and delete it if your sims can't clean it.
    Because i've just finish reading "The Remains Of The Days" lately and also because i've loved that book, i've planed to create Darlington hall. I didn't watch the movie, so i can guess that i'm just going to create a big mansion named Darlington hall :D
    This is going to be hard, really ^^

Cool. Never heard of that one, then again I haven't been a avid reader in a while. To busy playing games. :D You must post some pics when you are done though!
    @Scribal_Goddess Hope you can get your game working again. Are you also having a memory leak?

Nope, the last windows update stuffed up my graphics card somehow. I can run everything perfectly for hours at the lowest possible resolution. Advanced graphics rules management is required. I'll be putting together a list of what I did so we can throw the PDF at newbies instead of running to every thread to assist. :)

But there appears to be a problem with available memory sometimes, so I figured I ought to clean out the junk while I was here and couldn't play properly. :)

Nope, the last windows update stuffed up my graphics card somehow. I can run everything perfectly for hours at the lowest possible resolution. Advanced graphics rules management is required. I'll be putting together a list of what I did so we can throw the PDF at newbies instead of running to every thread to assist. :)

But there appears to be a problem with available memory sometimes, so I figured I ought to clean out the junk while I was here and couldn't play properly. :)

Have you tried to manually uninstall your graphic drivers and reinstall them manually? I know someone who did this when they were having issues, and it did help. I wish Windows would leave graphic drivers alone. I disabled it in some section, but I don't remember where, it took some digging and a article somewhere on the internet.

Ya I am real helpful :D
  • earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,025 Member
    Today I played with the oldest son of my current family, Lyle who is now at the University and he got engaged to Melanie McCarthy. He moved out of his dorm into a small house that he now shares with Melanie. He tried to look for some buried stuff and increase his funds, but it turns out there are water pipes everywhere near his house, so he could not dig anything. Thankfully, he had an upcoming exam that he passed with an A+ and got $1200 from the university!!!
    Then this happened...
    Queen of Hotties, Heather Huffington(?) passed by Lyle's house and Lyle has a thing for blondes, soo... he couldn't resist and had an affair with her, not to mention that Heather looks so much better than Melanie! In the meantime, Melanie was upstairs busy writing her term paper and didn't suspect anything.
    Later that night, Lyle and Melanie had their first woohoo.
    The next day, after they returned from class, something really stupid happened!
    They were on the couch, cuddled, made out and all that, then they had dinner and watched TV together. The campus #1 cow, Tracy Lind, butted in. She was annoying Lyle(and me) since day 1, but now she went overboard and tried to flirt with Melanie. She got rejected, but Lyle got very mad with Melanie for cheating, mind you (lol) and became enemies with Tracy the cow. I couldn't even tell what was going on, because it all happened in a second.
    Turns out Lyle is a huge hypocrite, since he accused Melanie of cheating which is something HE did in the first place and now he's mad at her for something that wasn't even her fault.
    NK4koaX.png
  • Handman50Handman50 Posts: 156 Member
    edited March 2018
    The slap dancing never stops.
    srdxwFj.png
  • earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,025 Member

Aaaa, so that's what happened. lol.
    Next time I see the Evil Cow on my lot, I'll get Lyle to kick her butt. Every time actually.
    It should come easy since they're enemies and he has maxed out his body skill. :lol:
    NK4koaX.png
    @earthgirl LOL! :D Ya those cow mascots can certainly reek havoc with your sims relationships. That is quite ironic though! :D

@Handman50 I love the slap dance. It makes me chuckle every time! :joy:

Have you tried to manually uninstall your graphic drivers and reinstall them manually? I know someone who did this when they were having issues, and it did help. I wish Windows would leave graphic drivers alone. I disabled it in some section, but I don't remember where, it took some digging and a article somewhere on the internet.

I fixed it. Graphics Rules maker apparently didn't quite give me the correct file for my card when I re-ran it (though running Graphics Rules solved the crashing, so clearly this is a multi-step process.)

Gotta look into disabling graphics drivers updates... or do this every 6 months, apparently. ;) Good thing I was already thinking of writing a basic tutorial so we can throw it at everyone (it's like 90% Leefish links that we can't make here and some words of explanation...)

Oh yeah, update: Game fixed! New Edenia is a go! I'll be back with a .pdf tutorial on making sure your graphics card isn't fritzing out and much later, one on re-organizing your CC. :)

I fixed it. Graphics Rules maker apparently didn't quite give me the correct file for my card when I re-ran it (though running Graphics Rules solved the crashing, so clearly this is a multi-step process.)

Gotta look into disabling graphics drivers updates... or do this every 6 months, apparently. ;) Good thing I was already thinking of writing a basic tutorial so we can throw it at everyone (it's like 90% Leefish links that we can't make here and some words of explanation...)

Oh yeah, update: Game fixed! New Edenia is a go! I'll be back with a .pdf tutorial on making sure your graphics card isn't fritzing out and much later, one on re-organizing your CC. :)

Yay! That's what I was hoping you would do. It would be so nice to have all the info in one place. :mrgreen:
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Yay! That's what I was hoping you would do. It would be so nice to have all the info in one place. :mrgreen:

I'm as predictable as the cow mascot, it seems! (When I fix my flickering issue I've still got, I'll figure out how to upload the tutorial to simfileshare or something... I'll make it available as .doc and .pdf, and honestly? I don't care if people eat it on toast, so hype, link, reupload, email the file, whatever, I just want more people to play the game in peace.)
    earthgirl wrote: »
    The next day, after they returned from class, something really stupid happened!
    They were on the couch, cuddled, made out and all that, then they had dinner and watched TV together. The campus #1 cow, Tracy Lind, butted in. She was annoying Lyle(and me) since day 1, but now she went overboard and tried to flirt with Melanie. She got rejected, but Lyle got very mad with Melanie for cheating, mind you (lol) and became enemies with Tracy the cow. I couldn't even tell what was going on, because it all happened in a second.
    Turns out Lyle is a huge hypocrite, since he accused Melanie of cheating which is something HE did in the first place and now he's mad at her for something that wasn't even her fault.
    This has happened to 4 or 5 couples in the college dorm I am playing in. No way to stop it unfortunately.

@Scribal_Goddess Awesome you got your town back and running. A tutorial would be great, especially with the amount of people having issues lately.
    earthgirl wrote: »

Aaaa, so that's what happened. lol.
    Next time I see the Evil Cow on my lot, I'll get Lyle to kick her butt. Every time actually.
    It should come easy since they're enemies and he has maxed out his body skill. :lol:

Good luck.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top