Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IF you bought My First Pet Stuff...

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Every Sims iteration has provided something quirky that I absolutely loved. In TS1 it was the ability to turn your Sim's pet into a Sim. In 2, it was the alien abduction. TS3 had the gnomes and the private detective's stake-out. I think with TS4 it's going to be the strange things your pet rodents can do. This pack got off to a bad start, but I think the hamsters have staying power.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes. I tend to incorporate packs slowly into my game and this time it's not different. My current household I'm using a rat, and some cat items including a pet bed. Since there is only a young adult and his pets I've used nothing else in game play. I've pulled all the stuff out on an empty lot though and already know where I'm using much more of the "stuff" when I swing back around to other households, and I made a new sim girl in CAS for the hair. It might take awhile to get around to using most of it though I'm in a sweet spot with current family and just really enjoying playing them. Part of the reason I love these packs is for inspiration ... and it delivered for me.
    I am really enjoying the rat and although many probably would hate to hear it, I wouldn't feel ripped off if it was just that.. the animations between the sims, cats and dogs and the rodent and of course the disease/death/ghost process.
    egTcBMc.png
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I feel it's worth it. I'd pay for the small critter alone! Everything else is just bonus content but I do like it too especially the coffee table. A friend was posting in our group about all the adventures her hamster is having and it's awesome! None of us has explored the new death yet, but new deaths are always welcome in my game!

As a side note I have no problem with DLC for DLC. I would love it if we could get something to add on to GTW! Even expand on other packs! *Talk about being in the minority!* I would never spend $5 or $10 on a cup of coffee, but my sims bring me a lot of fun and for me it's completely worth it!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Yes.. The family I'm playing now won't make much use of the pack.. because most of it very cutesy and it doesn't fit with them. I do have a rat and I'm really enjoying the interactions. I've just got a young adult male sim and a cat in the household otherwise. It's given my play a sweet little boost. I'm enjoying the interactions between all of them. I haven't gone into the disease/death aspect yet though. I'm playing .. nice.. and enjoying it. I want to see the poor guy get ahead. He might have to call forth evil rat death powers though if he get's cornered though.

I did look through CAS and build buy and yes I will use it for the right families. I love the female hairstyle... I had to make a sim for it. I haven't played her yet... she's got a sweet elven face. I'm not usually big on the two tone hairs but really liking how it looks that way. The male hairstyle I can see working but didn't float my boat with many male face shapes yet.. looks great on girls though. I can see using a bunch of the "stuff" with the right families.. honorable mentions to the kids activity table and bookcase.. much cuter than base game. The pet beds for variety, who doesn't want an egg or lemon bed seriously? The new rug .. I love that and can see it in bathrooms and kids rooms ect. The hamster habitat wall decals and the chow down litter box.

It's been a fun glowing game play day. I know these blow over a bit after the newness wears off but hey, I woulda spent more going to the movies. Besides I haven't even played with it all the ways I'm imagining I can.
    I don’t know what movies you go to, but I love spending my money on that. Spending money on a good movie is as valuable as spending money on a good game. And spending money on a bad movie is a shame, a waste of money, like spending money on a bad game is.

(regardless how people judge this pack, this comparison makes absolutely no sense to an enthousiastic moviegoer like me; I also like spending money on books and many of them I’ve carried with me for decades)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Yes.. The family I'm playing now won't make much use of the pack.. because most of it very cutesy and it doesn't fit with them. I do have a rat and I'm really enjoying the interactions. I've just got a young adult male sim and a cat in the household otherwise. It's given my play a sweet little boost. I'm enjoying the interactions between all of them. I haven't gone into the disease/death aspect yet though. I'm playing .. nice.. and enjoying it. I want to see the poor guy get ahead. He might have to call forth evil rat death powers though if he get's cornered though.

I did look through CAS and build buy and yes I will use it for the right families. I love the female hairstyle... I had to make a sim for it. I haven't played her yet... she's got a sweet elven face. I'm not usually big on the two tone hairs but really liking how it looks that way. The male hairstyle I can see working but didn't float my boat with many male face shapes yet.. looks great on girls though. I can see using a bunch of the "stuff" with the right families.. honorable mentions to the kids activity table and bookcase.. much cuter than base game. The pet beds for variety, who doesn't want an egg or lemon bed seriously? The new rug .. I love that and can see it in bathrooms and kids rooms ect. The hamster habitat wall decals and the chow down litter box.

It's been a fun glowing game play day. I know these blow over a bit after the newness wears off but hey, I woulda spent more going to the movies. Besides I haven't even played with it all the ways I'm imagining I can.
    I don’t know what movies you go to, but I love spending my money on that. Spending money on a good movie is as valuable as spending money on a good game. And spending money on a bad movie is a shame, a waste of money, like spending money on a bad game is.

(regardless how people judge this pack, this comparison makes absolutely no sense to an enthousiastic moviegoer like me; I also like spending money on books and many of them I’ve carried with me for decades)

I can understand her comparison. I rarely go to the movies. I prefer to wait a couple months and get it on blue ray or purchase from Netflix. I also no longer buy books. Reserve at the library. I'm just now reading Origin by Dan Brown and that was published last year. So people differ on what they're willing to spend their money on.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    HueyJefe wrote: »
    The kid chair is cute. I kinda don’t like that the adults can socialize with the hamster. I think they should’ve limited it just children/teens. Cause now I have parents with a hamster in their relationships section and it looks a little odd to me when I’m scrolling through looking for someone to call. I already have to deal with that teddy bear and now I have a hamster too lol. I do like that it’s another option for kids as far as homework instead of that blue or orange notebook.

(I think someone should create a mod branching off this but so kids can do homework on the computer.)

I think all the hairs look weird up close. The female hairs look like a mullet. The male hair looks unfinished, like he needs a haircut. I also think they could’ve added more than just a t-shirt for them as well.

Hey, what's wrong with an adult talking to a pet? I used to talk to my dogs all of the time. Now, that my dogs are deceased, I have nobody to talk to much of the day. :o:/:'(
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2018

I understand the comparison. Personally, the last movie I viewed in a theater was "Old Fashioned." A majority of the movies that come out are either not to my taste or ones I am willing to wait until Hulu or Netflix is able to show to see if it is worth my money to purchase the bluray. I actually hate the theater experience and see that as a complete waste of money. Some people, like myself, do extensive research before purchasing anything and everything. As for the expensive coffee reference, those are a treat if I get one. {EA_Lanna: Removed religious reference. Please be mindful of the rules}

My extensive research thus far has told me this is a worthless money grab. That was my initial impression from the trailer and the livestream done by the gurus. After watching some reviews, my initial impressions were confirmed.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • LUVtaliaLUVtalia Posts: 25 Member
    I like it…but I don’t think I’ll buy it.
  • cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    I like the stuff pack. I have two families in town with children so I got each of them a small pet, (a hamster and a hedgehog, respectively). They're very cute. I like watching them run around the cage. And it's cute when the family cat jumps up on the cage to see what's going on.

I like the decor pieces, too. Several went well in the kids' rooms. Haven't used the fish tank table yet because it's too big for the house my family lives in, but I like it.

I haven't played too much with the costumes, yet, but one of the things I'd wished C&D had was more outfits for the dogs. In real life I don't dress my pets, but in the game I do and I wanted a bigger selection to choose from, especially for the bigger dogs. My Sims' greyhound, for example, always looks cold, so he needed at least a sweater, which I got from the C&D pack, but now he'll have more options.

Another one of my Sims got a cute little Bichon, which of course my Sim decided needed a little dress and bow. So I'm looking forward to trying some of the new stuff pack outfits on little Snuggles. :smiley:

Although I haven't used everything in the pack yet, I'm enjoying it. I play with pets in my games a lot, so for me, it was content I knew I would use.
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    I have not bought it yet don't know if I will, would like the ability to catch critters in wild snakes squirrels still waiting for a game pack that adds to my occult side witches fairy ware wolves you can keep zombies so sick of zombies too much movies shows lol
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    I have not bought it yet.
    But I'm very tempted because I liked the light, sofa and some objects for animals.
    Has sofa that I'm in love with in this pack, but I would like to see some recolor from it without animal details (but I still have not found any!), but I would like to see some recolor from it without animal details (but I still have not found any!)
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    The CAS stuff is just AWFUL. Especially the weird 3-layer haircut. On the plus side, the hamsters etc are great! I just bought an IQ Reducer from the Vets, as that stops the hammy building a rocket and leaving...

You're preaching to the choir with being enthusiastic about those things. I also buy hardbacks and enjoy almost all day sessions of reading.. and sometimes the next day that can happen with a really good book. Those can cost in the 20's when new. I am talking about enjoyment.. and buying something you get entertainment out of ... because I have gotten at least 12 hours of hands on, in game enjoyment out of this pack alone up to this point in time. Oh and that's not including the amusement I get from coming to the forums and reading all the angst about it chucked in there for added amusement. I would think 10 dollars covers all that. Besides I'll continue to tally up the hours every time one of my sim has a rodent.. uses anything from the pack ect... I do think I'll stop doing it for this pack as it's already integrated into my game. I guess that falls into the replayability value of movies and rereading books.. which I also do if they entertain or speak to me.
    I wasn't really talking about buying something you know you're not going to enjoy at all. I usually go to movies I think I'll enjoy, and buy books from authors I do enjoy (at least the hardback versions). I'm not so adventurous to pick those things randomly or worse yet know I dislike something but try to sit and bear it. I'm actually very rarely disappointed in movies I choose to attend and when it does happen I guess I don't choose to dwell on that. The Sims 4 is also similar to me in that respect.
    egTcBMc.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I do not believe in dressing my pets up in RL, But I do in game and I still will not dress my pets up in game because I am not into it and the pack still is useless to me. If I it can be brought for $3.99 in the future I may reconsider but $10.00 for a few items I would use is an waste.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Yup. Cute pets, secret lives, and a new illness that kills vampires and leaves them in hamster suits as ghosts! I'd buy it for that last one alone! :D It's gonna make me play a vampire for the first (and probably only) time, lol!

Are vampires the only way to get the rabid hamster ghost?

No, no. Any Sim the dies from it gets the hamster ghost. I just enjoy that vampires do, because it adds that last little bit of embarrassment. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I'm personally loving this pack! Then again I'm one of those folks that as soon as I got Cats & Dogs immediately made a whole new town and packed as many pets into it as possible, haha! So I guess an animal-lover like me loving this pack is no surprise. I definitely can see and understand the concerns others have? But... I don't know like I said, I genuinely enjoy and was excited for this pack as soon as I heard about it! I'm loving the pet clothes too. While I agree that IRL it's not the best thing to do (unless it's like...a little winter vest I have for my senior pooch), but in-game it's just so much fun. The pixelated critters don't seem to mind much~

Also, I'm with @poeticnebula -- I'd like to see some more DLC for other packs as well (mainly pet stuff though, let's be honest here). However, I think that stuff like that should only be done if the original EP (or GP) feels complete and is absolutely packed with content to begin with -- then add some more DLC on the side. I remember when C&D first came out I was right on that "it's lacking content" boat with others. To a degree, I do still very much feel that way (they should have called it the "Cats & Dogs Decals" pack imo), but I'm enjoying the pets so much I barely notice anymore.
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018

I can understand her comparison. I rarely go to the movies. I prefer to wait a couple months and get it on blue ray or purchase from Netflix. I also no longer buy books. Reserve at the library. I'm just now reading Origin by Dan Brown and that was published last year. So people differ on what they're willing to spend their money on.
    Sure, but “I woulda spent more going to the movies” as a general argument doesn’t make much sense to me is what I meant. Like, I wouldn’t spend a dime for a football match. Still there are plenty of people who do. So if I say: “Yeah, I bought this ridiculously overpriced scarf but hey, a football match would have cost me more”, that wouldn’t mean much to people who rather see a football match than buy an expensive scarf. “This pack is totally worth it because if I’d spent it on something that’s not worth it for me it wouldn’t be in my pocket anymore either” just doesn’t really make sense does it? Bottom line is you can only spend your money once. If it was worth it, it was. If it wasn’t, it wasn’t. But it’s not worth it just because it means you didn’t spend it on something else.

Guess what I’m saying is..., it strikes me people constantly seem to try and find excuses for buying this pack?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Cute pack. My current household of elderly cared for by 2 adults now has a hamster to care for. Especially since there's no slots for them to have a cat yet. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    I haven't played with it yet, but I bought it on the first day. While I agree that most of it probably should have been in Cats and Dogs, and I worry that they might start watering down expansion packs and adding what -should- have been in expansion packs into stuff packs.....I still like enough of the items enough to warrant a purchase. I love animals and C&D was a great expansion for me, even if it was lacking in the item department. I only hope they continue to add more pet items in future packs, though I'm not sure how they can do that without inducing more rage or frustration. Because if they add say.... pet beds into a future pack, that means anyone without C&D can't use them and therefore aren't getting the "full" pack....I don't know. I only hope this isn't the end of new animal content.
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets

Sure, but “I woulda spent more going to the movies” as a general argument doesn’t make much sense to me is what I meant. Like, I wouldn’t spend a dime for a football match. Still there are plenty of people who do. So if I say: “Yeah, I bought this ridiculously overpriced scarf but hey, a football match would have cost me more”, that wouldn’t mean much to people who rather see a football match than buy an expensive scarf. “This pack is totally worth it because if I’d spent it on something that’s not worth it for me it wouldn’t be in my pocket anymore either” just doesn’t really make sense does it? Bottom line is you can only spend your money once. If it was worth it, it was. If it wasn’t, it wasn’t. But it’s not worth it just because it means you didn’t spend it on something else.

Guess what I’m saying is..., it strikes me people constantly seem to try and find excuses for buying this pack?

Umm maybe we are enjoying it? Couldja, wouldja consider that maybe? I don't have to make excuses for enjoyment.
    People were talking about coffee ect and I piped in... and still believe paying for entertainment that you enjoy is something to expect you have to do... it was just a price comparison to me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member

I don't see these comparisons as excuses at all, more like trying to explain how it's worth it to them. But how can someone justify worth? You can't. It is worth it to that person, or it isn't. No justification or excuse needed.

The pack is growing on me. If you play rotationally, your sim is able to pass the illness along to the other played households. So if you have someone you are tired of, visit that sim, pass the illness along to them (the illness is VERY contagious during the third phase), cure your sim, then switch to the other household - they'll now be sick. >:)
    Pegasys wrote: »

I don't see these comparisons as excuses at all, more like trying to explain how it's worth it to them. But how can someone justify worth? You can't. It is worth it to that person, or it isn't. No justification or excuse needed.

The pack is growing on me. If you play rotationally, your sim is able to pass the illness along to the other played households. So if you have someone you are tired of, visit that sim, pass the illness along to them (the illness is VERY contagious during the third phase), cure your sim, then switch to the other household - they'll now be sick. >:)

Oh I wondered about that.. I haven't switched yet and I was hoping if you got to them while they are still sick it would advance. Cool to know.
    egTcBMc.png
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I redid a neighbourhood within Willow Creek to be more family-friendly and have made myself a brand new family to play with! I am not a huge family player and can only handle a small amount of Sims at a time so right now I have the parents and their toddler + the family kitty! I am excited to decorate the child's room with the new furniture and get him a pet rat when he's older! :)

I have already made use of the new pet clothing with a previous sim and her pets and will be making the kitty and toddler besties with their matching outfits. <3
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »

Oh I wondered about that.. I haven't switched yet and I was hoping if you got to them while they are still sick it would advance. Cool to know.

If you have aging on for other played households, they may cure themselves eventually - they will not die if you're not playing them. But I have it set so when I play rotationally I turn off aging for played households. I rotated to another household and the sim was in the first stage of the disease.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

The movie comparison is made to get across the illustration that a movie is normally..what? An hour and a half? They pay about ten dollars for that one experience. People making their minds to buy this pack may get countless hours depending how much they use the content. So with logic--those multiple hours proved more valuable than if they went to a movie and spent that 10 bucks. Also, people don't need to find excuses to buy the pack at all. Perhaps they wanted it and bought it. I don't understand why anyone should be made to feel guilty for buying something they'll get enjoyment from. At this point, it's just become negative herd mentality against this pack. I wish the forum would move on and hopefully look to the horizon of the game and what is down the road. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents! :)