Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Return To Sims 3 !! Who else is playing?

Comments

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    pattyheart wrote: »
    I absolutely love The Sims 3, however, after the change was made to make EP & SP's selectable playing became frustrating as the game itself would unselect choices between play sessions. Not only that, but, many of my owned packs would simply disappear from the selection area in the launcher. So, a while back I did a new reinstall hoping this might help. It had been perhaps a year since I had given up on a game that I very much enjoy. So, earlier this week I decided to actually play. I found that after downloading and reinstalling all of my owned worlds it was needful to re-select my choices. I am opening the launcher via Origin and before each session check to be certain that all remain active. Also, I've ignored the caution to "select only a couple" ( too limiting!) and have all but one of my EP &SP's activated. My game is running on Windows 10 with the highest graphic settings and continues to run smoothly after several LONG play sessions. Who else is yet playing or has returned to Sims 3 ?

I'm having more fun playing sims 3 now that I have a desktop instead of fighting my laptop. Lol. I can't go online with my desktop yet- I need an Ethernet cord to do that- but I'm having more fun playing 3. An unforeseen circumstance is how I got my desktop. :'( My grandma passed away in February and I asked my aunt and my mom if I could keep her computer. They both said it was fine.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @HillyBeth Sorry about your grandma. Hope that you are doing okay.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    I still play TS3 as I've never left it for TS4 as I have no interest in that game. I still have a lot to do in TS3 before even thinking about trying out another Sims game. But of course my thinking is that TS3 is where I will draw the line on investing in other Sims games anyhow as I am quite satisfied with it... :)
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I purchased Sims 3 when Sims 4 came out. Then I bought a new computer to play it. ;)
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Ugh! I wish I had the time to play. I've been crazy busy with work for the past year almost and I've had no time to play... So many good memories with this game though. Can't wait till I have a few hours to sit down and play it. :D
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Ugh! I wish I had the time to play. I've been crazy busy with work for the past year almost and I've had no time to play... So many good memories with this game though. Can't wait till I have a few hours to sit down and play it. :D

You're letting real life get in the way of sims ?? ASTRO HOW COULD YOU ?!
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Pary wrote: »

I know. Shame on me, right? :D
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I still play TS3, and it's my all-time favourite game, but I'm taking a break at the moment while waiting for inspiration. I avoided the 1.69 patch, so I'm on 1.67. I have lots of CC that expand the game and makes it more fun, and of course a bunch of NRaas mods. Making and using poses is fun. :smiley:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Pary wrote: »

Sims, real life, what's the difference anyway :p

I've been playing Sims 3 non stop ever since I discovered the game at the end of 2009. I also play TS4 currently, but TS3 still is - and will be until something better or equal comes along - my main game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I've made it to one sim-year of one save! Now both my sims in first-generation are going to be elders in less than two weeks and their eldest son will be a young adult in 13 days while their younger son will be a teen in 4 days!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • DangerousBeauty9DangerousBeauty9 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @pattyheart said:
    > I absolutely love The Sims 3, however, after the change was made to make EP & SP's selectable playing became frustrating as the game itself would unselect choices between play sessions. Not only that, but, many of my owned packs would simply disappear from the selection area in the launcher. So, a while back I did a new reinstall hoping this might help. It had been perhaps a year since I had given up on a game that I very much enjoy. So, earlier this week I decided to actually play. I found that after downloading and reinstalling all of my owned worlds it was needful to re-select my choices. I am opening the launcher via Origin and before each session check to be certain that all remain active. Also, I've ignored the caution to "select only a couple" ( too limiting!) and have all but one of my EP &SP's activated. My game is running on Windows 10 with the highest graphic settings and continues to run smoothly after several LONG play sessions. Who else is yet playing or has returned to Sims 3 ?

could you please teach me how to make my mods work, i have the packages but i dont think i did i correcly, I have sims 3.. also how do i find out what kind of windows i have? plz help
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    @DangerousBeauty9 - How TS3 mods work:
    http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

It's the same for all versions of Windows (and Mac).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited March 2018
    @DangerousBeauty9

@igazor's above link will take you to a zip file that will allow you to drag and drop a framework into your

C:\Users\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder.

Me, I just personally do up a new folder and name it Mods folder with 2 subfolders: 1)Packages and 2) Overrides

Then I drop in the resource.cfg file and there it is.

Your Mods folder framework when you put the folder in should look like this

resourcecfg%2BMods%2Bfolder%2Bsetup.jpg

One important note of warning: ONLY PUT PACKAGE FILES in the Packages folder. If you try to put Sims3Packs in, you'll crash your game.

Your Sims3Packs (that you download from TSR) go in here: (The ones that you install from the Sims3Store will automatically go into the Downloads folder.

Downloadsfolder.jpg

Just make sure that if you have to make ANY modifications to the resource.cfg file (shouldn't have to in any case) make sure that you have a backup original saved somewhere on your hard-drive - like in a Sims 3 Structural Backup folder.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • pattyheartpattyheart Posts: 284 Member
    I am very much enjoying the interesting. entertaining and helpful posts & replies in this thread. Because we can send elders to University I decided to play the Grandpas household in Riverview. Oh, and the Altos of Sunset Valley (because I had in all these years not focused on them)...they do now actually own every venue in SV! I suppose because I am an elder (in my 70's) it is especially fun encouraging my elder Sims to keep on enjoying life right alongside the younger generations. I do have the latest Sims game and while it is pretty and has some lovely features I keep finding that even with its latest EP and SP's it does not hold my interest the way 2 and 3 yet do. Perhaps because 2 and 3 offer more creative, sand box play type opportunities?
    My Origin ID is PattyHeart <3 Find me at Twitter as animatedword <3
  • Silver-Sakura-16Silver-Sakura-16 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am also still playing happily the Sims3 and even somtimes the Sims2. I loved the Sims and the creativity that came with the game.

I loved to play Sims2. It was so amazing to build your own house and to have your first Sim move in. I will never forget how difficult it was to build houses without the tool to remove walls or the Pizza Delivery, I always got hungry when my Sims were eating pizza in the Sims2.

And than came Sims3. I can not count the hours or the money I spend in Sims3. It was and still is so amzing! Going to the city without loading screens, placing objects diagonally, building your own city with the sims3 world tool and so much more! Even the occassional bugs were alright, they were just...simish.

And then they announced the Sims 4. Everyone was hyped and i was looking foward to the new Sims generation, but I was disappointed.
    There are some good points about Sims 4 like the easier housbuilding tool or the multitasking, but I just felt like we were going back to Sims 2, but a Sims 2 with less contend that is expensiver than any Sims expansionpack in the Sims History (in my opinion).. I mean come on if you compare "Supernational" from Sims3 with "Vampires" from Sims4...do you see a difference in content, gameplay and price? I do.

Normaly I am happy to spend money for Sims. I already spend much for Sims2 and 3, but I do feel like Sims4 is over the top.
    If there would have been gameplay objects like seasons or pets already included in the Sims4 i would have understanded the price for the base game, but it cost much more than the Sims3 basegame and at first toddlers and pools where missing and there still is no tool to change and move the ground, so that you can make hills and even that was included in Sim2.
    And that is also a point why I can not really enjoy the Sims4. I feel like making money is more important to EA than being fair to their Fans who supported them since Sims1.

Well overall I still love the Sims, especially the Sims3. I hope they still will support the Sims3 for a long time, because for me Sims3 will always be the best of all Sims Generations. I grew up with the Sims and they will always be a part of my childhood. :)

And of course I will not stop playing the Sims3! Dragon Valley, Zombies, Werwolves, Fairies, diving, Houseboats, horses...how could I give them up? xD There is just no way. ^^
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've made it into mid fall in my 100 baby challenge and my sims are having to get indoors by 9PM as they can't stay out safely after that hour unless they want to get attacked by a bear or cougar prowling around town overnight looking for food to prepare for a hard winter.The residents are also aware of the warning signs of the coming winter being especially hard.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Sims 3 will always be my favorite, it allows for so much creativity with the least limitations IMO. I just installed the Sims complete collection, (all of)TS2, TS3, & TS4, the sims medieval, & castaway stories all on my gaming computer, yet more often than not TS3 wins my free time. Now that I see it written that way, I think I might have a bit of a Sims "problem" lol :p
  • lar0jalar0ja Posts: 49 Member
    So lately I've been reeeeaaaally missing the rich gameplay from TS3 that never really carried over to TS4-- especially World Adventures in comparison to this latest GP! I uninstalled the game when I started committing to TS4 (I'm stingy about keeping unused memory and programs on my computer), but think I still have some of the EP and SP licenses on Origin. My main game and some of the EPs came from disc. Does anybody have any advice about reinstalling TS3? Is there anything I should avoid?

While I loved Island Adventure, I think I'm going to skip that one-- it got so buggy with routing.
    *Island Paradise. Not Island Adventure. Oops.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    lar0ja wrote: »
    While I loved Island Adventure, I think I'm going to skip that one-- it got so buggy with routing.
    The player provided and described fixes for the broken Isla Paradiso world are here. The EP itself is fine for most players and its content can also be used elsewhere.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1

If Origin digital is going to be involved in the install of the base game or any one or more of its EP/SPs, you will land on Patch 1.69 and the required Origin tie-in regardless. You may as well register all of your disc-only packs (if you can and you are the original owner) and do the install all through Origin in that case.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    The player provided and described fixes for the broken Isla Paradiso world are here. The EP itself is fine for most players and its content can also be used elsewhere.

If Origin digital is going to be involved in the install of the base game or any one or more of its EP/SPs, you will land on Patch 1.69 and the required Origin tie-in regardless. You may as well register all of your disc-only packs (if you can and you are the original owner) and do the install all through Origin in that case.

Good to know. I might give IP a try after all, then.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Welcome back :) I am still using my disks to play. I do have Origin on the laptop but there is no automated updating permitted by me.

Enjoy your game :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    igazor wrote: »

Also ...
    If you care to use dive lots in various worlds ... Here is a decent tutorial.

They do not transfer well from world to world.
    Some worlds also don't have compatible ocean depths to make them very appealing.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • ToniMat1122ToniMat1122 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @pattyheart said:
    > I absolutely love The Sims 3, however, after the change was made to make EP & SP's selectable playing became frustrating as the game itself would unselect choices between play sessions. Not only that, but, many of my owned packs would simply disappear from the selection area in the launcher. So, a while back I did a new reinstall hoping this might help. It had been perhaps a year since I had given up on a game that I very much enjoy. So, earlier this week I decided to actually play. I found that after downloading and reinstalling all of my owned worlds it was needful to re-select my choices. I am opening the launcher via Origin and before each session check to be certain that all remain active. Also, I've ignored the caution to "select only a couple" ( too limiting!) and have all but one of my EP &SP's activated. My game is running on Windows 10 with the highest graphic settings and continues to run smoothly after several LONG play sessions. Who else is yet playing or has returned to Sims 3 ?

I also play Sims 3,id like to have friends who play game... You can find me ToniMat1122
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2018
    Sims 3 is so amazing. And the best is that now TS4 is here I can even more enjoying TS3.
    Lu4ERme.gif