Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    LiesSim wrote: »
    Well it's finally here, LGR's review for My First Pet Stuff Pack: https://youtube.com/watch?v=z6kYZJKnmVU

This is it guys and girls!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    LiesSim wrote: »
    Well it's finally here, LGR's review for My First Pet Stuff Pack: https://youtube.com/watch?v=z6kYZJKnmVU

*gets popcorn ready*

You won't need it. Pretty much what was expected. And if popcorn is needed the thread will be closed just like the last few LGR reviews.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited March 2018
    [/quote]
    Never particularly thought of myself as a hamster/mouse lover, don't feel backed into a corner, (what does that even mean?), and didn't need to buy it. But I did.

I think (though I can't speak for Dream) that when people desperately want something in their game, they'll suck it up and buy it. So you're not exactly who she is referring to, as you don't seem to be someone obsessed with rodents.
    If you REALLY want cats and dogs, but you've heard the EP isn't great, you're still likely to buy it just because you've wanted pets in the game for so long.
    It's the same for people who like little rodents. They really want them for gameplay, so knowing it's a DLC for a DLC might bug them (and heck, some might not even have C&D), but they'll buy it for the sake of just having the critters. That's where the backed into a corner part comes in. $10.00 for a new coffee table and hamster enclosure is steep, but if you really want a hamster, you'll still buy it.
    [/quote]

Yikes. I'm not sure what that says about me, since I bought it for the new buy/build items. I won't even bother with the new death, I'm unlikely to use the pet costumes, and will probably only add rodents on occasion. I will use the CAS items for sims, but I don't really care for them that much so they had no effect on my desision to purchase. Personally I feel like this pack had about as much content (that I'll use) as the backyard one did. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just wanted to toss in another one I guess. :p
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    edited March 2018
    bot s really ?I really doubt the most critism comes frim bots.Nobody is saying you dont have to buy it.You could buy, and enjoy it.Just don't pretend most people arn't upset either

{EA_Lanna: Removed political reference as per rules}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    Never particularly thought of myself as a hamster/mouse lover, don't feel backed into a corner, (what does that even mean?), and didn't need to buy it. But I did.
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    Yikes. I'm not sure what that says about me, since I bought it for the new buy/build items. I won't even bother with the new death, I'm unlikely to use the pet costumes, and will probably only add rodents on occasion. I will use the CAS items for sims, but I don't really care for them that much so they had no effect on my desision to purchase. Personally I feel like this pack had about as much content (that I'll use) as the backyard one did. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just wanted to toss in another one I guess. :p
    I think (though I can't speak for Dream) that when people desperately want something in their game, they'll suck it up and buy it. So you're not exactly who she is referring to, as you don't seem to be someone obsessed with rodents.
    If you REALLY want cats and dogs, but you've heard the EP isn't great, you're still likely to buy it just because you've wanted pets in the game for so long.
    It's the same for people who like little rodents. They really want them for gameplay, so knowing it's a DLC for a DLC might bug them (and heck, some might not even have C&D), but they'll buy it for the sake of just having the critters. That's where the backed into a corner part comes in. $10.00 for a new coffee table and hamster enclosure is steep, but if you really want a hamster, you'll still buy it.

Simcess got it right.

What I meant was: even though lots of people were unhappy with C&D, they bought and put up with it anyway, because otherwise they'd have to forego cats and dogs.

Whereas in this pack, if someone doesn't like it they just won't get it. Because there isn't anything in it that's going to back someone into a corner, unless maybe you're a rodent lover and need that hamster.

• Options

Simcess got it right.

What I meant was: even though lots of people were unhappy with C&D, they bought and put up with it anyway, because otherwise they'd have to forego cats and dogs.

Whereas in this pack, if someone doesn't like it they just won't get it. Because there isn't anything in it that's going to back someone into a corner, unless maybe you're a rodent lover and need that hamster.

Thanks for clarifying.
    I really shouldn't read these forums before my morning coffee :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018

Simcess got it right.

I have done it 4 times now - the hottub, the butler, the nanny, and the ice cream maker. So yes - I can see it as those are things I had in previous sims games and had to have in this one and stuff packs were our only source from which to get these things as the bigger pack teams had decided we didn't need them.

I don't like others deciding for me what my game needs or not - so yes - I buy whole stuff packs sometimes for a single item.

It gnaws on my last nerve for those things to exist in the long haul of this game over the last 18 + years and suddenly this rendition in order to follow the same tradition in the game - I get forced by my own inner demons to having to buy them.

I suppose I can't blame EA - they are not forcing me to buy these things - they are just providing them and can't be blamed because I am a dire complete-ist. Things like that - as silly as it even sounds to me - will actually keep me awake at night. LOL.

ETA - I am not alone obviously - look at how not getting Seasons, University, and Witches (or other supernaturals people expect) are grating at each of "your" nerves. Also it is not the point of this pack containing the rodent, etc - but the point the small animals were missing for the first time - . Don't even get me started on cars, pool tables, swings, lounge chairs, and proper diving boards.....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Oddzball wrote: »
    Which would have been way more expensive and not given players more choices with smaller SP's and GPs, which was kinda the whole point.

GP and SP model is actually pricier. A GP is aproximately 1/3rd of an expansion (especially true if you look at holiday destinations), however it costs 18£ versus 34£ for an ep. So by buying 3GPs you're actually paying about 40% more than the same amount of content in one EP.

That being said, I would not mind if all we got was strong GPs 4 times a year or more. EPs for TS4 were majorly dissappointing to me and SPs feel like The Sims 3 store sets if not less. However we're receiving 1 EP and 2 GPs a year making it fall shorter than the old model 2 EPs. Not to mention GPs will not necessarily carry the same theme (even with Eldorada, we're still 1 GP short from collecting 3 vacation destinations) and expansions feel greatly watered down.

However, that's a bit off topic. In reality you're paying more for The Sims 4 than you were for previous installments (not counting buying the whole of The Sims 3 store with real money) and your content is more spread out at best, all over the place with unfinished themes at worst (who wants to bet will we get a full collection of supernaturals when they can only pretty much come in GPs now and there's so many other themes a GP could explore?).

My problem in the beginning when they first said they'd be doing GPs was that I felt they would be used as some reason or excuse to give EPs less in depth content instead of adding quality content to both. GPs just seem to me like a specific feature that most likely would've been in an EP in the previous games but they decided to explore them more in depth. Honestly there have been more misses than hits with me on GPs. The only two I liked were Parenthood and Vampires but even still with me liking those two and even loving some aspects I still fall closer to neutral in my feelings about them.

To me, EPs now feel like GPs just more expensive and both feel like we're getting parts to a whole pack when we use to have EPs that felt whole. Why wasn't more depth just added in the first place to EPs? Why not take time and give us a great base game and great in depth expansion packs? It feels like a one year wait to get a new neighborhood and a game pack. We've been asking for more depth for a while and the answer I guess was GPs but now it's like EPs have far less depth than they used to and that's exactly what I was afraid might happen. Now to top it off the SPs are also giving us what's typically been EP content too.

I get this is The Sims 4 and they're trying something new and changing things up, but many of these changes don't feel like good, positive changes to me as a player.

I forgot to post the above part yesterday, got a bit distracted with TS3, lol. But I don't think I've agreed this much with LGR since the Two Years of Meh one. The review and what he said in the comments are almost exactly how I feel.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Which would have been way more expensive and not given players more choices with smaller SP's and GPs, which was kinda the whole point.

GP and SP model is actually pricier. A GP is aproximately 1/3rd of an expansion (especially true if you look at holiday destinations), however it costs 18£ versus 34£ for an ep. So by buying 3GPs you're actually paying about 40% more than the same amount of content in one EP.

That being said, I would not mind if all we got was strong GPs 4 times a year or more. EPs for TS4 were majorly dissappointing to me and SPs feel like The Sims 3 store sets if not less. However we're receiving 1 EP and 2 GPs a year making it fall shorter than the old model 2 EPs. Not to mention GPs will not necessarily carry the same theme (even with Eldorada, we're still 1 GP short from collecting 3 vacation destinations) and expansions feel greatly watered down.

However, that's a bit off topic. In reality you're paying more for The Sims 4 than you were for previous installments (not counting buying the whole of The Sims 3 store with real money) and your content is more spread out at best, all over the place with unfinished themes at worst (who wants to bet will we get a full collection of supernaturals when they can only pretty much come in GPs now and there's so many other themes a GP could explore?).

My problem in the beginning when they first said they'd be doing GPs was that I felt they would be used as some reason or excuse to give EPs less in depth content instead of adding quality content to both. GPs just seem to me like a specific feature that most likely would've been in an EP in the previous games but they decided to explore them more in depth. Honestly there have been more misses than hits with me on GPs. The only two I liked were Parenthood and Vampires but even still with me liking those two and even loving some aspects I still fall closer to neutral in my feelings about them.

To me, EPs now feel like GPs just more expensive and both feel like we're getting parts to a whole pack when we use to have EPs that felt whole. Why wasn't more depth just added in the first place to EPs? Why not take time and give us a great base game and great in depth expansion packs? It feels like a one year wait to get a new neighborhood and a game pack. We've been asking for more depth for a while and the answer I guess was GPs but now it's like EPs have far less depth than they used to and that's exactly what I was afraid might happen. Now to top it off the SPs are also giving us what's typically been EP content too.

I get this is The Sims 4 and they're trying something new and changing things up, but many of these changes don't feel like good, positive changes to me as a player.

I forgot to post the above part yesterday, got a bit distracted with TS3, lol. But I don't think I've agreed this much with LGR since the Two Years of Meh one. The review and what he said in the comments are almost exactly how I feel.

I really agree with this.
    I bought Sims 4 less than a year ago, and I really don't see much difference between GP's and EP's. Also after having to install all my Sims games 1 through 4 on a new PC, the content included in S4 SP's seems laughable. Then again here I am buying them anyway, old habits I guess :D
  • Options
    lar0jalar0ja Posts: 49 Member
    I feel so conflicted about this SP. On the one hand, it's EA *really* being EA-- slimy and greedy. On the other hand, I'm happy because there is LITERALLY nothing in it that I can't live without. In a sick and twisted way, I'm just tickled that they came out with a money grab that is 0% enticing to me. *cackles evilly*
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Happy to be strong for not buying this rubbish.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    Normally I would buy this,(mainly because I want all the packs etc -(fomo, I know!!) but for the first time in Sims 4, I am in two minds whether to get this or not. I bought Cats and Dogs, but very very rarely play them (same for Vampires -actually play with Vampires less than I do with Cats and Dogs! )
    Ho hum...what to do..what to do.....
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    OK OK, what is this ??? I leave for a month or two and when i come back there is a DLC cashing on another DLC within the same game series, WHAT THE ACTUAL [CENSORED] IS HAPPENING ?? You know what, this sounds like that kids game neopets , when your pet can have a pet, and it's pet's pet can have it's own pet that is a parasite. Except with EA its a DLC's DLC! Soon it will come a day when they will give you a Pets DlC, with a petbowl dlc and then a petfood dlc so you have to pay to not actually starve the dog from the first dlc !!

NO!! YOU CAN'T CONTROLL ME!!! THIS LIFE IS MINE !! WHAHAHAHSAWHDWAUDU

url-12.gif

send help
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I prefer the gps and the individual attention they get over the eps anyday.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I prefer the gps and the individual attention they get over the eps anyday.

I <3 GP:s!
  • Options
    giveit2megiveit2me Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2018
    {EA_Lanna: Removed bait and corresponding quotes}
    Post edited by giveit2me on
  • Options
    ETgohome16ETgohome16 Posts: 22 Member
    > @giveit2me said:
    > I bought this pack and i quite like it.
    > If you like other (stuff) packs and like pets and this style, you might like it.
    > This is so cute pack, in my opinion.
    > Items for cats even better than items for cats in C&D, in my taste.
    > For dogs maybe there are not so much options.
    > With small pets i have no time to play yet.
    >
    > I am cat person, i wish to have more of items for cats in future, but thanks to community, i am not allowed to have more of them.
    > Else now, after all those comments, farms can never happen in sims4, thanks again, selfish "community".

I guess that the pack itself isn't bad, it's just that the lack of options and the obvious recolours is disappointing.
    Small pets aren't bad; but I guess a lot of us just don't want to pay 13$ for it.

As for the farms thing, it IS possible that EA just decided not to continue it because it wasn't popular. They're a big company, they need to make money, etc.

However if this pack makes you happy and you WANT it, don't feel pressured NOT to get it.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Tbh at this point I just want to pretend that this pack never happened and move on. But I won't forget, and will be very mindful of future content that is released for sims 4. If they do the same thing with another expansion that they did with cats & dogs, it's not gonna get pretty in here.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    giveit2megiveit2me Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2018
    whatever
    Post edited by giveit2me on
  • Options
    OddzballOddzball Posts: 141 Member
    Two things. First, Drake, go back and read my comments. I gave you several examples, you just choose to ignore them. Its not my job to keep repeating myself, nor is it my job to have to waste my time installing and going through thousands of items. You can choose to ignore my pointing out the Sims store, or the recolors we got in CAS, or the multiple themes spread across packs (Some packs have part of a "western theme, others have part of it, some of its in the store etc etc.) Frankly I dont care anymore because engaging with you any further is a waste of time, your mind is clearly already made up.

Second thing. I keep seeing people say this SP had less than other SPs, which is actually completely wrong. It had 62 items. The average items count in a SP is around ~50-60ish. It had FAR more animation and programming than a lot of previous SPs. Even if you dont have C&D it still features over 40(44 I think?) items, which is slightly below average yes, but not even that low considering we had other SPs with around the same amount of items (40-50).
  • Options
    OddzballOddzball Posts: 141 Member
    I just can't believe they went ahead with releasing the SP at all. I thought for sure they would stop the marketing, readjust, and release a more thought-out pack. But no. They didn't take any sort of constructive criticism whatsoever. It's borderline insulting. People on this forum had wonderful ideas to rectify the situation that would've worked for both producer and consumer.

A global multibillion dollar company isnt going to change their marketing over a small vocal group. You do realize that Sims has millions of fans, and we basically have a couple dozen folks who are just being vocal about it.A(Seriously, look on reddit or here, its essentially the same small group of people) Its peanuts. My wife? She saw a new SP came out today, instabuy. She doesnt read the forums, she doesnt care about the drama. She doesnt even talk to other people about the sims, she just plays the game. $10 to her (Well its my money but) means nothing. its like going to the store for some snacks.

Small group? Did you see how many people criticized this on Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Facebook, Reddit etc.? The statement by @LiELF that @NickSims tweeted got over 350 retweets and over 900 likes.

Sure when the internet forms a mob, it forms a mob, but in the big scheme of things? Couple thousand dislikes over millions of players?(Even 10s of thousands really) Most of which btw, no nothing of this drama or even frequent any of those social media or communities? Sims Reddit has a whole 80k. a post gets retweeted by ~1000 people. So in the terms of the playerbase versus the mob yeah its kind of a small group. And part of that mob mind you, is the EA hate train that just jumps along for the ride anytime they get a chance to hat eon EA, regardless of what its about. They didnt like EA to begin with.

also a lot of bots are on twitter and online so who knows how many of those people are real
    its hard to tell these days and that goes for things that get praised as well

Why would bots target this?

there are lots fake bot people on the internet fake following and fake friending people we've had bot trouble on these forums before
    so bad they had to close the forum for awhile so why wouldn't there be bots else where

I’m not denying that bots exist. But I’ll ask you again: why would they target this? It’s a stuff pack, not an election.

Im not terribly paranoid, but spam and FUD campaigns against EA using bots is nothing new. Thats actually happened before. 4Chan has done it, other groups have done it. Like i said, Im sure there ARE people upset about this pack, just like Im sure that there are a lot of people who could care less, but are just jumping on the bandwagon because they didnt like EA in the first place, and this just gives them another soapbox. I had a user on reddit the other day straight up admit, he steals the entire game, but he was still complaining about the SP. That he wasnt even going to pay for. Think about that for a second.

Hm, I can’t imagine that trolls or haters would come up with those kinds of arguments and insights that I’ve seen all over social media and this forum. It would take a lot of research to understand the special relationship Simmers have with this game.

Can I ask you, though (not intended as hate at all): why are you so set on proving that it’s not that many people who are criticizing the pack? Why does it matter? All it does is downplay the very valid points in this thread and other people’s opinions.

I mean likes/dislikes etc. Not specific posts etc. I kn ow for a fact things like downvote bots exist and are used all the time by folks.

Its not that I dont understand this pack isnt liked very much by a lot of people. I was simply responding to someone saying they couldnt believe EA didnt take their criticism, and released the pack anyway. Because as much people as we have here that might be upset about the pack, everyone knows its going to sell well anyway. Peoples opinions are peoples opinions. I dont have a problem with that, so long as they dont try to spread stuff without proof. (IE I get really annoyed when people make the claim that Maxis would intentionally strip stuff out of a EP to sell later in a SP. I thinkni thats a pretty plum thing to accuse the Sim Gurus of frankly. Especially when thats basically just an unfounded assumption, and it could be just as likely they simply made a matching piece that goes with something from a previous set, which they have done before, which btw I gave drake an example above, but he chooses to ignore it.)

Thank you for explaining.

If it were just the matching items, I think people wouldn’t criticize the pack that severely. There’s a lot that just adds up.

But as long as we can agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion, I’m happy. I respect yours.

Like i said, i dont mind people having opinions, I just dont like people spreading false narrative. Like if I hear one more person say you cant use this pack without C&D I swear Im going to flip a table. :)
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    But you can't fully use this pack and almost half its items, without having Cats and Dogs.
    That's been confirmed.

Buying it without Cats and Dogs leaves those items unavailable, or useless.
    That's what a lot of people are saying.

and what's left, a lot of people do not think is worth the 10 dollars.
    and to use them you have to go buy Cats and Dogs.

I don't understand why people are digging so hard to make this pack "worthy or unworthy."

My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink