Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for Way to Identify and Navigate through Animations and Poses

So, I got Pose Player for my game recently. I'm really loving everything you can do with it. There are certain poses in the game that I would like my sims to be able to do without having to perform a certain action. When I downloaded Pose Player, there was a link to a list of In Game Animations and Poses. The main problem I had was that this was just a list of the codes to put in when you clicked "Pose by Name." There was no description or image of any of the poses, and the list was thousands of poses long, so I can't figure out which ones I would want to use without scrolling through the list for hours. Is there any pre made list that can help me with navigating through them to find the one I want?

Comments

• PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Nope, not that I know of. However there is somewhat of an easier way to locate the animation you want. For example if there is a facial expression or animation you want, you can find it notepad and then extract it in sims 4 Studio. For example: I wanted to create a pose pack Zoe is telling Shinya she is pregnant and his reactions wasn't what she was wanting. So I looked up "Sharebignews" and extracted him to the animation I wanted to cut for the female. For Shinya I wanted him to facepalm and look at her through the corners of his eye through his fingers. I did have to tinker around with him a little bit to get the look I wanted to for the poses. But I did use the find option in note for animation I wanted to use to create the pose I was wanting. I have since learned how to create poses from scratch so I don't cut animations anymore to create poses, unless I just want to be lazy...lol

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • jamiehoodjamiehood Posts: 126 Member
    @GoddessSims Ok, that's a little disappointing. I can work on a list of what they do and post them on social media myself, I guess.
    Yeah I was too at first but then I just got used to having to look. Once you get digging around looking at the list you'll start to learn the codes for different poses. If you are wanting to use the "pose by name" option for two sims to be communicating you'll either have to edit the pose in blender or position the Sim Teleporter to position the Sim so they appear to be communicating.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    @GoddessSims Ok, just copied the list into Pages. There's over 600 pages in the document. It's going to take months to do that. Hopefully I can publish it so everyone has a better way to navigate through them.
    edited March 2018
    Are you wanting to have some sort of demonstration? That will take FOREVER. I'll dig around in my recovery file to see if I can't find the list I did in excel. If not I'll make it again to help you out a little bit and it won't take all that long to do it. I didn't do all of the files because I've found that some of them mimic another. Also by the time I got around to doing it I had already been splitting and cutting the animations and had a better knowledge of the list. I've since learned how to make poses so I really don't split animations up unless I'm editing a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 animation I've downloaded to be less x rated for my game but if you would like some help, I'll help you if you would like. You can DM on twitter because that would be the fastest way to reach me as I would see it sooner.

Psycho Sim

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    Thank you, @GoddessSims ! I was just looking for a bit of help on what they do. For example, just a brief description, doesn't need to be anything fancy.
    edited March 2018
    Oh that's easier than you think because once you start digging around the list and start weeding out the ones the mimc each other, they become a little more self explanatory. I did lose the file I made so I'll get started over the weekend on making a new one.

I just hit me...LOL Helping with the list will also help with the tutorial I'm writing. I'm actually covering this very topic when I reach that point. It's in a "XX for Dummies" fashion so this ties in perfectly.
    Post edited by PsychoSimXX on

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    @PsychoSimXX Oh ok, thanks so much! That advice is really helpful. I started going through the list, and I kind of get what you mean. The only thing is, there are a few common threads that I feel I should know. Like what do a_, t_ and others stand for? That might help me figure out what I'm looking for.
    I don't understand all of the things used for the coding. No clue what T stands for. For about second I thought it meant toddler, but that theory quickly went out the window. I'm I no expert as I'm still learning it all myself but I have it on my to do list because I do want to know. Especially when I get to the point of learning how to make animations.

I am making progress on the list. Last time I did it we didn't have toddler or pets so it is taking a tab bit longer than I thought. I'll get it done in few days. right now I'm trying to find what CAS CC item is causing my game to freeze up. I wish we could more than 6 folders deep with organizing our mod folder, would make this task a heck of lot easier and quicker.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    @PsychoSimXX Don't worry, it'll all be fine. You'll work it out.
    I just wanted to let you know that I am just about done with organizing the list out into sections and I'll be done with it tonight. I'll like the doc here once I am done. (c:

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    @PsychoSimXX Ok, thanks, that's great!
    I wasn't able to get it completely done but here is what I have done so far. I swear there must have been thousands more added to the game the last time I have done this. It's 2 am and my eyes are bugging out. After I take a few to relax and go to bed, I'll finish up after I get some sleep.

Animations

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    @jamiehood I decided to organize it out by life stage rather than action to be more clean as the last file was making me crazy. I was able to figure our what the meanings for the prefix codes and organized them up using that. The only one I haven't been able to figure out was "L".

Animations EXCEL

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    @PsychoSimXX Please take it easy! I don't want you to hurt yourself! You've been so kind to me, just be careful. I hope I'm not being too demanding, I just thought something like this would make it easier for everyone!
    Oh sorting it out by life stage only took a couple of hours to do and heck of lot easier that sorting it all out by action. You might not need to write the description for the codes anymore with how cleaner the second one is.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    Ok, thanks so much for being so generous. I feel much better now, and hopefully it will help everyone!
    Your welcome!!! It was on my to do list anyways, so I figured no point in putting it off any longer...LOL

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • ZenswayaZenswaya Posts: 2 New Member
    Well since you already downloaded Andrew's pose player....Go to where you downloaded Andrews Pose Player (Which is Andrew's studio) Then go to where it says
    "Download a full list of in-game animations HERE."
    A document should pull up called "animations.txt" then press ctrl+f on your keyboard to search what type of animation you want. Batta Bing Batta Boom! Hope I helped :smile:
  • GGSimmerGGGGSimmerGG Posts: 35 Member
    Hello, does anyone know how to extract the list of in game animations for the latest packs? Currently the list you guy mention only goes up to Get Famous and Jungle Adventure. I've searched online for days and I can't find anything outside from the original post. I'd really like to know if someone made an updated version with Island Living and Strangerville. Realm of Magic is going to be released soon too so if no one has made it. I know I'm asking for a lot but if anyone here knows how to find the list or extract it could someone explain or teach me?
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @jamiehood I decided to organize it out by life stage rather than action to be more clean as the last file was making me crazy. I was able to figure our what the meanings for the prefix codes and organized them up using that. The only one I haven't been able to figure out was "L".

Animations EXCEL

Hello there! I know this is a very old post, but I'm loving how you organised the animations to make navigation easier. The thing is, I'd like to build from your work. Did you go by alphabetical order? Or do you have the original animations.txt file you used to organise that list? That will make things easier for me to continue your amazing work.

If you don't that's ok. Thought I'd ask :)