Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Oddzball wrote: »
    I just can't believe they went ahead with releasing the SP at all. I thought for sure they would stop the marketing, readjust, and release a more thought-out pack. But no. They didn't take any sort of constructive criticism whatsoever. It's borderline insulting. People on this forum had wonderful ideas to rectify the situation that would've worked for both producer and consumer.

A global multibillion dollar company isnt going to change their marketing over a small vocal group. You do realize that Sims has millions of fans, and we basically have a couple dozen folks who are just being vocal about it.A(Seriously, look on reddit or here, its essentially the same small group of people) Its peanuts. My wife? She saw a new SP came out today, instabuy. She doesnt read the forums, she doesnt care about the drama. She doesnt even talk to other people about the sims, she just plays the game. $10 to her (Well its my money but) means nothing. its like going to the store for some snacks.

Small group? Did you see how many people criticized this on Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Facebook, Reddit etc.? The statement by @LiELF that @NickSims tweeted got over 350 retweets and over 900 likes.

Sure when the internet forms a mob, it forms a mob, but in the big scheme of things? Couple thousand dislikes over millions of players?(Even 10s of thousands really) Most of which btw, no nothing of this drama or even frequent any of those social media or communities? Sims Reddit has a whole 80k. a post gets retweeted by ~1000 people. So in the terms of the playerbase versus the mob yeah its kind of a small group. And part of that mob mind you, is the EA hate train that just jumps along for the ride anytime they get a chance to hat eon EA, regardless of what its about. They didnt like EA to begin with.

also a lot of bots are on twitter and online so who knows how many of those people are real
    its hard to tell these days and that goes for things that get praised as well

Why would bots target this?

there are lots fake bot people on the internet fake following and fake friending people we've had bot trouble on these forums before
    so bad they had to close the forum for awhile so why wouldn't there be bots else where
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • OddzballOddzball Posts: 141 Member
    Here, a nice screenshot for you.

ZlFwdNK.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member

ZlFwdNK.png

Which little critter do you have? Whatever it is it's probably traumatized by the two cats. :D

ZlFwdNK.png

Which little critter do you have? Whatever it is it's probably traumatized by the two cats. :D

The cute little rat. Its funny, the cats seem to love it. I cant keep the little buggers away from him.
    They keep messing with him in his cage. its funny. On a sad note, i cant "Teach them not to mess with the rodent" like you can with counters etc, so Im going to make that suggestion to Graham.
    J6RCGVd.png
    edited March 2018
    I just can't believe they went ahead with releasing the SP at all. I thought for sure they would stop the marketing, readjust, and release a more thought-out pack. But no. They didn't take any sort of constructive criticism whatsoever. It's borderline insulting. People on this forum had wonderful ideas to rectify the situation that would've worked for both producer and consumer.

A global multibillion dollar company isnt going to change their marketing over a small vocal group. You do realize that Sims has millions of fans, and we basically have a couple dozen folks who are just being vocal about it.A(Seriously, look on reddit or here, its essentially the same small group of people) Its peanuts. My wife? She saw a new SP came out today, instabuy. She doesnt read the forums, she doesnt care about the drama. She doesnt even talk to other people about the sims, she just plays the game. $10 to her (Well its my money but) means nothing. its like going to the store for some snacks.

Small group? Did you see how many people criticized this on Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Facebook, Reddit etc.? The statement by @LiELF that @NickSims tweeted got over 350 retweets and over 900 likes.

Sure when the internet forms a mob, it forms a mob, but in the big scheme of things? Couple thousand dislikes over millions of players?(Even 10s of thousands really) Most of which btw, no nothing of this drama or even frequent any of those social media or communities? Sims Reddit has a whole 80k. a post gets retweeted by ~1000 people. So in the terms of the playerbase versus the mob yeah its kind of a small group. And part of that mob mind you, is the EA hate train that just jumps along for the ride anytime they get a chance to hat eon EA, regardless of what its about. They didnt like EA to begin with.

also a lot of bots are on twitter and online so who knows how many of those people are real

there are lots fake bot people on the internet fake following and fake friending people we've had bot trouble on these forums before
    so bad they had to close the forum for awhile so why wouldn't there be bots else where

I’m not denying that bots exist. But I’ll ask you again: why would they target this? It’s a stuff pack, not an election.

Im not terribly paranoid, but spam and FUD campaigns against EA using bots is nothing new. Thats actually happened before. 4Chan has done it, other groups have done it. Like i said, Im sure there ARE people upset about this pack, just like Im sure that there are a lot of people who could care less, but are just jumping on the bandwagon because they didnt like EA in the first place, and this just gives them another soapbox. I had a user on reddit the other day straight up admit, he steals the entire game, but he was still complaining about the SP. That he wasnt even going to pay for. Think about that for a second.
    edited March 2018

I’m not denying that bots exist. But I’ll ask you again: why would they target this? It’s a stuff pack, not an election.

way would they target these forums at all I don't know
    edited March 2018

Im not terribly paranoid, but spam and FUD campaigns against EA using bots is nothing new. Thats actually happened before. 4Chan has done it, other groups have done it. Like i said, Im sure there ARE people upset about this pack, just like Im sure that there are a lot of people who could care less, but are just jumping on the bandwagon because they didnt like EA in the first place, and this just gives them another soapbox. I had a user on reddit the other day straight up admit, he steals the entire game, but he was still complaining about the SP. That he wasnt even going to pay for. Think about that for a second.

Hm, I can’t imagine that trolls or haters would come up with those kinds of arguments and insights that I’ve seen all over social media and this forum. It would take a lot of research to understand the special relationship Simmers have with this game.

Can I ask you, though (not intended as hate at all): why are you so set on proving that it’s not that many people who are criticizing the pack? Why does it matter? All it does is downplay the very valid points in this thread and other people’s opinions.

I mean likes/dislikes etc. Not specific posts etc. I kn ow for a fact things like downvote bots exist and are used all the time by folks.

Its not that I dont understand this pack isnt liked very much by a lot of people. I was simply responding to someone saying they couldnt believe EA didnt take their criticism, and released the pack anyway. Because as much people as we have here that might be upset about the pack, everyone knows its going to sell well anyway. Peoples opinions are peoples opinions. I dont have a problem with that, so long as they dont try to spread stuff without proof. (IE I get really annoyed when people make the claim that Maxis would intentionally strip stuff out of a EP to sell later in a SP. I thinkni thats a pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing to accuse the Sim Gurus of frankly. Especially when thats basically just an unfounded assumption, and it could be just as likely they simply made a matching piece that goes with something from a previous set, which they have done before, which btw I gave drake an example above, but he chooses to ignore it.)
  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member

Hm, I can’t imagine that trolls or haters would come up with those kinds of arguments and insights that I’ve seen all over social media and this forum. It would take a lot of research to understand the special relationship Simmers have with this game.

Can I ask you, though (not intended as hate at all): why are you so set on proving that it’s not that many people who are criticizing the pack? Why does it matter? All it does is downplay the very valid points in this thread and other people’s opinions.

I mean likes/dislikes etc. Not specific posts etc. I kn ow for a fact things like downvote bots exist and are used all the time by folks.

Its not that I dont understand this pack isnt liked very much by a lot of people. I was simply responding to someone saying they couldnt believe EA didnt take their criticism, and released the pack anyway. Because as much people as we have here that might be upset about the pack, everyone knows its going to sell well anyway. Peoples opinions are peoples opinions. I dont have a problem with that, so long as they dont try to spread stuff without proof. (IE I get really annoyed when people make the claim that Maxis would intentionally strip stuff out of a EP to sell later in a SP. I thinkni thats a pretty plum thing to accuse the Sim Gurus of frankly. Especially when thats basically just an unfounded assumption, and it could be just as likely they simply made a matching piece that goes with something from a previous set, which they have done before, which btw I gave drake an example above, but he chooses to ignore it.)

Thank you for explaining.

If it were just the matching items, I think people wouldn’t criticize the pack that severely. There’s a lot that just adds up.

But as long as we can agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion, I’m happy. I respect yours.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
    edited March 2018
    well nice talking to you guys I enjoyed hearing what people have to say
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I don't think that EA hating bots are jumping on the bandwagon. We're too niche. See the coverage over the Battlefront outrage and see the coverage of this - if it's not a sims specific site, this does not even get covered (general gaming sites don't cover sims at all).
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member

Do you have any data to back up the claim that millions of people actually like this pack? And/or that the # of people who dislike this pack are a “small group”?

You’re on a roll with making these statements that you can’t, and probably will refuse to prove.

Well, I can tell you in terms of "Likes" on twitter? Pets Stuff rates average. It actually comes out ahead of some of the other SPs when i bothered to scroll back far enough to look. But again, how many Sims fan's even engage in social media. I can tell you in terms of this pack being a companion to C&D which was the most popular selling EP for Sims 4 ever, i can guess most people will probably pick it up. Just out of common sense.

But I tell you what. I cant obviously give you sales numbers, because we dont know, just like you dont know all the claims you make, like "They stripped things off C&D to sell in a SP" But Im guessing it will do just fine. Also, where did I say "millions like the pack" I said millions dont care about the drama.

And I do mean that, just by statistics, we know that there are about 5 million Sims 4 players. This is fact. Even if 3/4 of them dont buy this pack, they still sell over a million copies. And I would be wiling to bet, considering other hated SPs we do know about sold fairly well, even one that isnt liked by a lot of fans will still sell in the millions.

C&D sold because it was basically Pets EP, one of the two most requested expansions. People desperately wanted cats and dogs in the game, so they sucked it up and bought the pack anyway. Besides, they were promised to be better pets since the pack concentrated only on them, I don't think they, or the stuff they have, is amazing enough to warrant that, but anyway.

This stuff pack isn't even that good, maybe it'll hook hamster/mice lovers, but that's about the only people who will feel backed into a corner and need to buy it.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member

ZlFwdNK.png

Cute, I didn't know two cats could sit on it :)
  • Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member

Do you have any data to back up the claim that millions of people actually like this pack? And/or that the # of people who dislike this pack are a “small group”?

You’re on a roll with making these statements that you can’t, and probably will refuse to prove.

Well, I can tell you in terms of "Likes" on twitter? Pets Stuff rates average. It actually comes out ahead of some of the other SPs when i bothered to scroll back far enough to look. But again, how many Sims fan's even engage in social media. I can tell you in terms of this pack being a companion to C&D which was the most popular selling EP for Sims 4 ever, i can guess most people will probably pick it up. Just out of common sense.

But I tell you what. I cant obviously give you sales numbers, because we dont know, just like you dont know all the claims you make, like "They stripped things off C&D to sell in a SP" But Im guessing it will do just fine. Also, where did I say "millions like the pack" I said millions dont care about the drama.

And I do mean that, just by statistics, we know that there are about 5 million Sims 4 players. This is fact. Even if 3/4 of them dont buy this pack, they still sell over a million copies. And I would be wiling to bet, considering other hated SPs we do know about sold fairly well, even one that isnt liked by a lot of fans will still sell in the millions.

C&D sold because it was basically Pets EP, one of the two most requested expansions. People desperately wanted cats and dogs in the game, so they plum it up and bought the pack anyway. Besides, they were promised to be better pets since the pack concentrated only on them, I don't think they, or the stuff they have, is amazing enough to warrant that, but anyway.

This stuff pack isn't even that good, maybe it'll hook hamster/mice lovers, but that's about the only people who will feel backed into a corner and need to buy it.

Never particularly thought of myself as a hamster/mouse lover, don't feel backed into a corner, (what does that even mean?), and didn't need to buy it. But I did.
  • PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    Simulator4 wrote: »

C&D sold because it was basically Pets EP, one of the two most requested expansions. People desperately wanted cats and dogs in the game, so they plum it up and bought the pack anyway. Besides, they were promised to be better pets since the pack concentrated only on them, I don't think they, or the stuff they have, is amazing enough to warrant that, but anyway.

Never particularly thought of myself as a hamster/mouse lover, don't feel backed into a corner, (what does that even mean?), and didn't need to buy it. But I did.

I think (though I can't speak for Dream) that when people desperately want something in their game, they'll suck it up and buy it. So you're not exactly who she is referring to, as you don't seem to be someone obsessed with rodents.
    If you REALLY want cats and dogs, but you've heard the EP isn't great, you're still likely to buy it just because you've wanted pets in the game for so long.
    It's the same for people who like little rodents. They really want them for gameplay, so knowing it's a DLC for a DLC might bug them (and heck, some might not even have C&D), but they'll buy it for the sake of just having the critters. That's where the backed into a corner part comes in. $10.00 for a new coffee table and hamster enclosure is steep, but if you really want a hamster, you'll still buy it.
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Well it's finally here, LGR's review for My First Pet Stuff Pack: https://youtube.com/watch?v=z6kYZJKnmVU
  • PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    LiesSim wrote: »
    Well it's finally here, LGR's review for My First Pet Stuff Pack: https://youtube.com/watch?v=z6kYZJKnmVU

*gets popcorn ready*
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg