Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• PeanutButterSims2002PeanutButterSims2002 Posts: 104 Member
    edited March 2018
    Oddzball wrote: »
    I just can't believe they went ahead with releasing the SP at all. I thought for sure they would stop the marketing, readjust, and release a more thought-out pack. But no. They didn't take any sort of constructive criticism whatsoever. It's borderline insulting. People on this forum had wonderful ideas to rectify the situation that would've worked for both producer and consumer.

A global multibillion dollar company isnt going to change their marketing over a small vocal group. You do realize that Sims has millions of fans, and we basically have a couple dozen folks who are just being vocal about it.A(Seriously, look on reddit or here, its essentially the same small group of people) Its peanuts. My wife? She saw a new SP came out today, instabuy. She doesnt read the forums, she doesnt care about the drama. She doesnt even talk to other people about the sims, she just plays the game. $10 to her (Well its my money but) means nothing. its like going to the store for some snacks.

and yet they still say "we listen to your opinion" :(
  • PeanutButterSims2002PeanutButterSims2002 Posts: 104 Member
    I just can't believe they went ahead with releasing the SP at all. I thought for sure they would stop the marketing, readjust, and release a more thought-out pack. But no. They didn't take any sort of constructive criticism whatsoever. It's borderline insulting. People on this forum had wonderful ideas to rectify the situation that would've worked for both producer and consumer.

A global multibillion dollar company isnt going to change their marketing over a small vocal group. You do realize that Sims has millions of fans, and we basically have a couple dozen folks who are just being vocal about it.A(Seriously, look on reddit or here, its essentially the same small group of people) Its peanuts. My wife? She saw a new SP came out today, instabuy. She doesnt read the forums, she doesnt care about the drama. She doesnt even talk to other people about the sims, she just plays the game. $10 to her (Well its my money but) means nothing. its like going to the store for some snacks.

I wouldn't say this is a small group whatsoever. I've seen hardly any positivity from anyone. Even the people who did buy the pack - some knowing the criticism and some not knowing - aren't happy with it.
    Look at the Youtube video for MFP. (Someone pointed this out earlier). It's got 14k likes and 9k dislikes. All the top, most-liked comments are are negative.
    Compare that with...
    Jungle Adventure - 15k likes, ~280 dislikes.
    Cats and Dogs - 18k likes, 147 dislikes.
    Bowling - 12k likes, 1.1k dislikes.

This pack is more hated than the bowling one.

Even the Game Changers dislike the pack.

Nothing on Twitter is positive. Graham has been doing damage control ever since it was announced.

I hope your wife is happy with the pack (I sincerely do). But to me, it's like going to the store for snacks, buying full price for the bottom of a Twix bar, and then having to buy the caramel and chocolate separately. What's the point? I want a full Twix bar, because that's what I expected when I bought it.

and then when you open the Twix Bar it only contains one bar instead of two. :(
  • PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member

I wouldn't say this is a small group whatsoever. I've seen hardly any positivity from anyone. Even the people who did buy the pack - some knowing the criticism and some not knowing - aren't happy with it.
    Look at the Youtube video for MFP. (Someone pointed this out earlier). It's got 14k likes and 9k dislikes. All the top, most-liked comments are are negative.
    Compare that with...
    Jungle Adventure - 15k likes, ~280 dislikes.
    Cats and Dogs - 18k likes, 147 dislikes.
    Bowling - 12k likes, 1.1k dislikes.

This pack is more hated than the bowling one.

Even the Game Changers dislike the pack.

Nothing on Twitter is positive. Graham has been doing damage control ever since it was announced.

I hope your wife is happy with the pack (I sincerely do). But to me, it's like going to the store for snacks, buying full price for the bottom of a Twix bar, and then having to buy the caramel and chocolate separately. What's the point? I want a full Twix bar, because that's what I expected when I bought it.

and then when you open the Twix Bar it only contains one bar instead of two. :(

Yeah :( just give me what I wanted!
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member

I agree. This is going to hurt the franchise in the long run - not because many people criticize the pack and refuse to buy it but because EA has damaged the trust they spent all of 2017 building by releasing a pack that many see as an insult.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • ETgohome16ETgohome16 Posts: 22 Member
    Does anybody else see this as an insult, kind of?

EA: "Oh we're just gonna cut 10% of the items from the EP, and then put it into an SP!"
    Community: -Criticism-
    EA: *Releases pack*
    Community: *Buys it*

But you have to admit, it's kind of true. I agree with @sundaysimmer in that it will hurt them – it will come to bite them back in the butt. Unfortunately, we're just going to keep buying it because what else is there to buy? Either people just buy it for build mode items (don't deny it, cc takes up a LOT of space) or the EXTREMELY minimal amount of gameplay that's added. It's not like we can just go and by packs from another company, it's a singular company that produces them.

Way to put us between a rock and a hard place, EA.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I am not even the hugest fan over this SP its not worth even 10 dollars and the 2 things I really wanted were the small pets and the coffee table and that isn't worth 10 dollars.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    edited March 2018
    ETgohome16 wrote: »

EA: "Oh we're just gonna cut 10% of the items from the EP, and then put it into an SP!"

But you have to admit, it's kind of true. I agree with @sundaysimmer in that it will hurt them – it will come to bite them back in the butt. Unfortunately, we're just going to keep buying it because what else is there to buy? Either people just buy it for build mode items (don't deny it, cc takes up a LOT of space) or the EXTREMELY minimal amount of gameplay that's added. It's not like we can just go and by packs from another company, it's a singular company that produces them.

From what I've seen on here, there are many who refuse to buy it. I'm not buying it and it looks like I'm not missing much. Until today, I had every single pack, but it's my opinion that to buy this only to complete your collection is worse than those who actually look forward to this.

For years, I've gone back and forth about having CC in my game, but since 2016, I've been using it more and more.

Edited for typos
    ETgohome16 wrote: »

Thank you!

“Insult” might be too strong a word. I don’t mean to infantilize the community as we still have a choice whether or not to buy it. But EA’s assumption that we would, in fact, buy this less than mediocre pack (that at the same time symbolizes what many think is wrong with TS4) is an insult, at least to me.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • OddzballOddzball Posts: 141 Member
    edited March 2018

Small group? Did you see how many people criticized this on Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Facebook, Reddit etc.? The statement by @LiELF that @NickSims tweeted got over 350 retweets and over 900 likes.

Sure when the internet forms a mob, it forms a mob, but in the big scheme of things? Couple thousand(Even 10s of thousands really) dislikes over millions of players? Most of which btw, know nothing of this drama or even frequent any of those social media or communities? Sims Reddit has a whole 80k. a post gets retweeted by ~1000 people. So in the terms of the playerbase versus the mob yeah its kind of a small group. And part of that mob mind you, is the EA hate train that just jumps along for the ride anytime they get a chance to hat eon EA, regardless of what its about. They didnt like EA to begin with.

Small group? Did you see how many people criticized this on Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Facebook, Reddit etc.? The statement by @LiELF that @NickSims tweeted got over 350 retweets and over 900 likes.

Sure when the internet forms a mob, it forms a mob, but in the big scheme of things? Couple thousand dislikes over millions of players?(Even 10s of thousands really) Most of which btw, no nothing of this drama or even frequent any of those social media or communities? Sims Reddit has a whole 80k. a post gets retweeted by ~1000 people. So in the terms of the playerbase versus the mob yeah its kind of a small group. And part of that mob mind you, is the EA hate train that just jumps along for the ride anytime they get a chance to hat eon EA, regardless of what its about. They didnt like EA to begin with.

Sure, those numbers aren’t representative, but I wouldn’t assume that everybody who’s critical of the pack also voices their opinion publicly. The only reliable data would be sales revenue.

But it’s certainly more than a “few dozen people” who are upset. I don’t understand why you’re trying to downplay other people’s opinions.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2018

Sure when the internet forms a mob, it forms a mob, but in the big scheme of things? Couple thousand dislikes over millions of players?(Even 10s of thousands really) Most of which btw, no nothing of this drama or even frequent any of those social media or communities? Sims Reddit has a whole 80k. a post gets retweeted by ~1000 people. So in the terms of the playerbase versus the mob yeah its kind of a small group. And part of that mob mind you, is the EA hate train that just jumps along for the ride anytime they get a chance to hat eon EA, regardless of what its about. They didnt like EA to begin with.

also a lot of bots are on twitter and online so who knows how many of those people are real
    its hard to tell these days and that goes for things that get praised as well
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

also a lot of bots are on twitter and online so who knows how many of those people are real
    its hard to tell these days and that goes for things that get praised as well

You can’t be serious with this at all. No bots are imitating Simmers to spread negative/positive reactions on social media.

Maybe not bots but trolls for sure. There are tons of people that go on and raid forums just to troll the community.
    edited March 2018

Do you have any data to back up the claim that millions of people actually like this pack? And/or that the # of people who dislike this pack are a “small group”?

You’re on a roll with making these statements that you can’t, and probably will refuse to prove.

Well, I can tell you in terms of "Likes" on twitter? Pets Stuff rates average. It actually comes out ahead of some of the other SPs when i bothered to scroll back far enough to look. But again, how many Sims fan's even engage in social media. I can tell you in terms of this pack being a companion to C&D which was the most popular selling EP for Sims 4 ever, i can guess most people will probably pick it up. Just out of common sense.

But I tell you what. I cant obviously give you sales numbers, because we dont know, just like you dont know all the claims you make, like "They stripped things off C&D to sell in a SP" But Im guessing it will do just fine. Also, where did I say "millions like the pack" I said millions dont care about the drama.

And I do mean that, just by statistics, we know that there are about 5 million Sims 4 players. This is fact. Even if 3/4 of them dont buy this pack, they still sell over a million copies. And I would be wiling to bet, considering other hated SPs we do know about sold fairly well, even one that isnt liked by a lot of fans will still sell in the millions.

edited March 2018

Sure, those numbers aren’t representative, but I wouldn’t assume that everybody who’s critical of the pack also voices their opinion publicly. The only reliable data would be sales revenue.

But it’s certainly more than a “few dozen people” who are upset. I don’t understand why you’re trying to downplay other people’s opinions.

I said a few dozen people here and on reddit. Much like drake here, who has spent much of his time complaining about this pack. (While most of us just keep playing the game and getting on with our life) EDIT: BTW there is a top in Laundry d Day that clearly matches and goes with a pair of bottoms in Jungle Adventures! Conspicuous surely! Must have held back content! (Or you know, made items that match items from previous packs? Hrmm)

I said a few dozen people here and on reddit. Much like drake here, who has spent much of his time complaining about this pack. (While most of us just keep playing the game and getting on with our life)

I’ll ask again, do you have any legitimate data to support this or are you making these statistics up again? (Like when you claimed it would be easy to find whatever in Sims 3 then refused to follow through......) You throw out “facts” and then follow them up with guesses that YOU make. Then you gotta name drop, to deflect away from the actual topic at hand.

You aren’t playing the freaking game. You aren’t now, you weren’t the other day, you are here looking to pick fights with people who are providing feedback. If anyone needs to get on with their life it’s you, since you have made it clear you love this pack yet still frequent threads basically setup to house complaints about it.

This. Thank you.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Numbers or not I think it says a lot when the game changers who benefit most from praise express dissapointment.

^^^ this so much! The game changers are EA’s front line promoters, who are to credit with much of the game’s success on social media. If they have expressed similar views (which a lot of them have quite frankly) then it’s fairly obvious what the general consensus is on the pack.
    edited March 2018

I said a few dozen people here and on reddit. Much like drake here, who has spent much of his time complaining about this pack. (While most of us just keep playing the game and getting on with our life)

I’ll ask again, do you have any legitimate data to support this or are you making these statistics up again? (Like when you claimed it would be easy to find whatever in Sims 3 then refused to follow through......) You throw out “facts” and then follow them up with guesses that YOU make. Then you gotta name drop, to deflect away from the actual topic at hand.

You aren’t playing the freaking game. You aren’t now, you weren’t the other day, you are here looking to pick fights with people who are providing feedback. If anyone needs to get on with their life it’s you, since you have made it clear you love this pack yet still frequent threads basically setup to house complaints about it.

Why don't you come up with your evidence for the outrageous claims you keep making? Where is your irrefutable evidence they stripped items from an EP to sell as a SP? I dont need data for sales numbers, simple logic works well, when we know how many Sims 4 players there are (Over 5 million last count we had) and we know that even supposedly unpopular SPs sell well, we can make the educated (See thats the difference there) guess that Pet Stuff will sell over a million copies at least.

For example. Infinite Warfare. The most unpopular COD in the entire franchise. Massive dislikes, massive outrage, massive disappointment. One of the most disliked CoD trailers on youtube. Still sold millions. Hell it sold 1.8 million it's first week. (And was a top selling title in the charts for that week).

Hell Battlefront 2, which had massive controversy, still sold 1.5 million copies it's first month. It sold over 9 million copies since then. And that had massive outrage. So yes, I can make an educated guess that Pet Stuff will still sell well. So when i say a giant corporation isnt going to bat an eye at the outrage of a few thousand fans on social media/forums, thats exactly why I say that. EDIT: Its not like we had global news stories about the "Evil money grabbing Sims SP" or anything.

EDIT: Oh and actually I AM playing the game right now. I know, multitasking. Crazy right?
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I am not a big fan of EA doing the recycle and recolor but this is EA and will continue. It stinks and nothing is going to change. Now I'm off to spend $10 on a new aquarium coffee table and new drapes.