Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IF you bought My First Pet Stuff...

If you bought My First Pet Stuff, how are you liking it? DO you like it?

I'll be getting it...eventually (whenever I have any time to play), but I was just curious.

:)

Comments

• poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I love it! I've been on discord with friends who play and we're all enjoying it. My cats and fox love to watch the void critter and they have been on the fish tank table. I am very happy with the game!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    I like it. The animal decor looks tacky, yet adorably cute at the same time. Lots of the items look great, although I am disappointed the hamsters look more like hampigs than actual hamsters.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I always have a lot of kids, so the fun furniture and small pets fit well into my play style.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    tobumon wrote: »
    I like it. The animal decor looks tacky, yet adorably cute at the same time. Lots of the items look great, although I am disappointed the hamsters look more like hampigs than actual hamsters.

I definitely thought that they were guinea pigs in the teaser trailer.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    If you bought My First Pet Stuff, how are you liking it? DO you like it?

I'll be getting it...eventually (whenever I have any time to play), but I was just curious.

:)

Love it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    I like it. It's a cute pack. But then again I've enjoyed all the stuff packs. :)
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I really like it. The one thing I noticed right away is the cat is obsessed with the babulus. He spends a lot of time sitting on it, and his social needs aren't decaying as much. The aquarium coffee table actually goes with the furniture that came with Jungle Adventures. I also like the new, large kitty condo. It's similar to the large one that came with Cats & Dogs, but the platforms are round rather than square.

The female hairstyles that came with the pack are nice, too. As for the pet costumes, I'll likely use two of them on a regular basis. They're cute.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes.. The family I'm playing now won't make much use of the pack.. because most of it very cutesy and it doesn't fit with them. I do have a rat and I'm really enjoying the interactions. I've just got a young adult male sim and a cat in the household otherwise. It's given my play a sweet little boost. I'm enjoying the interactions between all of them. I haven't gone into the disease/death aspect yet though. I'm playing .. nice.. and enjoying it. I want to see the poor guy get ahead. He might have to call forth evil rat death powers though if he get's cornered though.

I did look through CAS and build buy and yes I will use it for the right families. I love the female hairstyle... I had to make a sim for it. I haven't played her yet... she's got a sweet elven face. I'm not usually big on the two tone hairs but really liking how it looks that way. The male hairstyle I can see working but didn't float my boat with many male face shapes yet.. looks great on girls though. I can see using a bunch of the "stuff" with the right families.. honorable mentions to the kids activity table and bookcase.. much cuter than base game. The pet beds for variety, who doesn't want an egg or lemon bed seriously? The new rug .. I love that and can see it in bathrooms and kids rooms ect. The hamster habitat wall decals and the chow down litter box.

It's been a fun glowing game play day. I know these blow over a bit after the newness wears off but hey, I woulda spent more going to the movies. Besides I haven't even played with it all the ways I'm imagining I can.
    egTcBMc.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    I have a hedgehog, Spike, and tomorrow I plan on redecorating the vet clinic with some of the themed furniture since my current sim doesn't have any kids yet. I also might make a kid's room in the library.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited March 2018
    I love the small pets - they’re cute and well-done. I also love the new coffee table and children’s furniture (which were pulled from matches the stuff from C&D). The rest of build/buy is OK, nothing else really stands out to me. I don’t dress my pets so the outfits aren’t a big draw for me (although they will be cute for costume parties) but the Sim CAS items are VERY disappointing and consist of meshes from previous packs or free updates given new swatches, and I don’t appreciate paying for something twice. It’s very cute that toddlers and children (and even dogs!) can have matching onesies now, though.

In the end, it was worth £10 for me because of the mileage I’ll get out of it in the long term.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    tobumon wrote: »

I definitely thought that they were guinea pigs in the teaser trailer.

Me too. I totally thought they were guinea pigs. I really like the pack. I've dressed my kitty in a cute outfit and am loving my little hamster (my kitty loves him too, she watches him a lot). My sim got bitten and contracted rabid rodent fever, but I cured her right away as she's my legacy heir and I can't let her die! I do plan on letting someone die of it though, I really want to see the illness and death! My legacy heir is a vet, and I plan on redecorating the vet clinic with some of the new furniture. There are some things that I'm not happy with (no sad moodlet when small pet dies, unable to feed or interact with fish in coffee table, many cas and build/buy objects being recolors of previous stuff :/ ) but it was worth the 10 bucks (to me).
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Love the new shades for windows. B)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I’m really enjoying it so far. The family
    I’m playing has 2 parents,
    4 kids, a dog, a cat and now a hamster. Never played a house this full before but it’s so fun.

One of the girls (recent teen) wants to be a vet someday. The hammy cage is in her room, and she loves him!

It works great because she has two twin sisters (recently aged to child) and one is a brainiac so she likes studying the hamster, you know for science. The other little girl wants to be just like her big sister right now so she’s always trying to play with it and take care of it too.

The cat loves sitting on the tank which is pretty cute.

My poor teen’s room is now the central hub of activity in the house, but she doesn’t mind.

I haven’t got to experience the hamster disease yet but I’m playing “good” with this family. I’ll probably get a little deviant later though. Maybe the brainiac sister will have to cure her family someday.

The build buy stuff is pretty cute for a kids room and I think a vets office someday. I love the fish tank table!

CAS was the only letdown here but I think they put the focus on pets outfits instead of sims so that makes sense.
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2018
    The kid chair is cute. I kinda don’t like that the adults can socialize with the hamster. I think they should’ve limited it just children/teens. Cause now I have parents with a hamster in their relationships section and it looks a little odd to me when I’m scrolling through looking for someone to call. I already have to deal with that teddy bear and now I have a hamster too lol. I do like that it’s another option for kids as far as homework instead of that blue or orange notebook.

(I think someone should create a mod branching off this but so kids can do homework on the computer.)

I think all the hairs look weird up close. The female hairs look like a mullet. The male hair looks unfinished, like he needs a haircut. I also think they could’ve added more than just a t-shirt for them as well.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Love the new shades for windows. B)

Oh I forgot about those, I really like those, too.
  • giveit2megiveit2me Posts: 37 Member
    I bought this pack and i quite like it.
    If you like other (stuff) packs and like pets and this style, you will like it.

If compare this with other stuff packs:
    pack have same amount of items in build/buy mode (luxury, fitness, bowling,cool kitchen, perfect patio have even less), same amount interactive items as other packs.
    This time there are more colour option than usual, in my opinion.
    All items in build/buy mode are cute and match each other well.
    First time i like all of stickers what we get, but maybe better they give us more paintings.
    Shades are good for other styles too, chairs cute.
    Love all of items for cats!! Lamps are super cute, mirror is cute...
    Guess this pack can be called cute and will go well together with toddlers+kids stuff packs and parenthood.
    This match C&D too and cats items look even better than items in C&D.

I am cat person and i love items for cats a lot.
    Only i wish to have more, but again, many other stuff packs do not have more too.
    MOOOOORE, please please EA!! i will buy

I am not sure about CAS, it but it depend.
    Hairs are not bad, we do not have so similar, imo.
    Clothes for cats are cuuute, i love it even more than clothes in C&D. *i repeat cats many time, i am sorry*
    There is only samurai outfit i was loved in C&D, now there are more cute options:
    сat vampire, super-cat, cat bee, hamster pj, cute dress omg xD.
    I dress my cat in real life sometime, yes i am crazy, i am sorry about this.
    I wish more kind of bows and collars and cute clothes like those pj or dress for cats.
    For dogs maybe there are not so many new things, but i do not play dogs a lot, so i am not sure how to judge it.

I do not play small pets yet, but i will when have time.

Overall, i like it.
    But i recommend it only if person is not against stuff packs concept(have some other, so understand how stuff packs look like), like pets and like this style in game.
    Other way person might feel that there not enough of things, even there are plenty for this kind of packs.
    If person like to compare non-stop sims4 to other sims, better do not get it.
    Because yes, content in sims4 still not those huge, but game are not end and i hope game will not end in close future.
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I went ahead and got the game and carved out a few minutes to check it out. I haven't gotten too in depth, but so far I'm liking it. Hey_Thumbs_Up.jpg
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I purchased it since I had the extra funds to do so. The items match the Cats & Dogs perfectly and they look nice in game. I have already updated a few households and the guinea pig/hamster critter is very cute as is the rat. I like the interactions with the cats, dogs and the sims. One of my dogs just sat there and stared at Hammy for a good hour...just watching. I like it.
    Instead of being extremely annoyed (which I still kind of am) regarding this feeling that the stuff should have been in C&D in the first place, I will look at it as me purchasing the "Deluxe Edition" of C&D for the extra items-this one time. That's my "two cents".
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    I just really wonder if you, who bought this latestest stuff pack, are truly content with it and think it’s worth $10. If you don’t mind, please tell me some reasons why.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Yup. Cute pets, secret lives, and a new illness that kills vampires and leaves them in hamster suits as ghosts! I'd buy it for that last one alone! :D It's gonna make me play a vampire for the first (and probably only) time, lol!
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    New illness, the lil squeaky furballs and the aqua coffee table. I know im in a minority but im enjoying the pack and dont feel ripped off or taken advantage of at all *shrugs*
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I like it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Yup. Cute pets, secret lives, and a new illness that kills vampires and leaves them in hamster suits as ghosts! I'd buy it for that last one alone! :D It's gonna make me play a vampire for the first (and probably only) time, lol!

Are vampires the only way to get the rabid hamster ghost?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2018
    no any sim can be that ghost if they get sick @Jessa_Dakkar
    more for sim kids and more drama please