Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    and in my case with 3, watch ads and get free points. I have 8gb of store content with free points.

Not to get too off topic, but the sims 3 store is still allowing you to do that? For some reason, I don't see the Ads anymore and thus have to actually buy points to get more stuff from the store. Maybe because I use chrome? I noticed I can only download things through Explorer

No sadly, it’s been months since we have had this.
  • Alice062993Alice062993 Posts: 8 New Member
    This is a blatant cash grab. EA is ruining what used to be my favorite game franchise. Making a stuff pack with things that should have been in the expansion is despicable. I really don’t think I will buy it. Not only that, but I will no longer recommend this game or new games from EA to anyone.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited March 2018
    KBsimmer79 wrote: »
    Keep in mind EA does try, like a lot, the way they did toddlers was worth the wait. In the laundry stuff there was a nod to a rather famous and nsfw mod and there is also the fact that this is one of the few titles that is not only stable but is playable sans mods and that experience I haven't had since I started with 3rd party content.

I've had the opposite experience with TS4 - it is so unplayable (with bugs and "features working as intended" that destroy Sim relationships and family trees) that it's the first game I've ever had to mod to get it to work.

Back on topic...

@Moon_Willow - Your posts reinforce my feelings about how poorly thought-through the representation of child responsiblity in dealing with small pets is in this pack. An Inspired moodlet from releasing a small, tame animal into the wild? Are you kidding me? Releasing domestic animals into the wild is certainly more cruel than giving your dog the option of sleeping in a doghouse if it wants to... :unamused: Say what you will about which team is responsible for what, but as the head of the Stuff Pack team, I do hold @SimGuruGraham accountable for irresponsible decisions about modelling small pet care for children in this pack.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    and in my case with 3, watch ads and get free points. I have 8gb of store content with free points.

Not to get too off topic, but the sims 3 store is still allowing you to do that? For some reason, I don't see the Ads anymore and thus have to actually buy points to get more stuff from the store. Maybe because I use chrome? I noticed I can only download things through Explorer

No sadly, it’s been months since we have had this.

Aww man. I thought maybe there was still hope. I wonder why they stopped doing it...
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    HueyJefe wrote: »
    I’ve been toying with the idea for the past week but I think I’m going to buy it today. Can’t say I’m excited about it but I like new things

Not to be rude as that is not my intention, but why purchase if you are not excited? Video games should bring enjoyment.
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    [quote="PninaSimmer;c-16380279"][quote="HueyJefe;c-16379755"]I’ve been toying with the idea for the past week but I think I’m going to buy it today. Can’t say I’m excited about it but I like new things [/quote]

Not to be rude as that is not my intention, but why purchase if you are not excited? Video games should bring enjoyment. [/quote]

When I open the game again I wanted to have something new in it.

I have now opened the game and I’m a little underwhelmed to be honest
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    It's his response on this Tweet. I'm glad he's taking a look at that!:
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member

If you click through to twitter you can see he's talking about sad moodlet for small pet death.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Terra wrote: »

If you click through to twitter you can see he's talking about sad moodlet for small pet death.

So hopefully that they'll add this for the people who have this SP.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I would love to know how the sales are going. If they noticed a lot less sales or not really.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    I would love to know how the sales are going. If they noticed a lot less sales or not really.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sales are absolute plum (or should I say plum-meting?). Especially considering how successful and well-received JA was.
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• Goodfight82Goodfight82 Posts: 2 New Member
    So many expansions and stuff packs in Sims 4. It's turned into such a money grab. I have all the games and almost all the expansions since the original Sims, but I'm over it now. Barely get anything for your money. Before kids were just included, now I have to get a parenthood and toddler pack too. Animals were an expansion that included all the pets your sims could desire...now we gets only cats and dogs...unless we shell out more money. Over it.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I wanted to love this pack. I wanted to say it would be totally worth the money spent (because there are a few things in it I really do want) but it just comes across as terribly lazy and that makes it so I just can't justify buying it. SPs building on EPs is fine to me if I felt that real effort was put into them. This one just seems like a few good ideas propped up with a bunch of lazy recolors so they could release it as fast as possible.
  • OddzballOddzball Posts: 141 Member
    So many expansions and stuff packs in Sims 4. It's turned into such a money grab. I have all the games and almost all the expansions since the original Sims, but I'm over it now. Barely get anything for your money. Before kids were just included, now I have to get a parenthood and toddler pack too. Animals were an expansion that included all the pets your sims could desire...now we gets only cats and dogs...unless we shell out more money. Over it.

As compared to what??? SIms 3 actually had MORE SPs and expansions by this time. AND it had the store.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Oddzball wrote: »
    As compared to what??? SIms 3 actually had MORE SPs and expansions by this time. AND it had the store.

The Sims 3 only had 9 SPs in total. We're on our 14th now on The Sims 4. I would have much preferred if we've gotten 2 expansions a year again (thus doubling the amount that we have now) and half the SPs.
  • geekchic96geekchic96 Posts: 154 Member
    They're seriously selling recolored meshes as new content??

giphy.gif

Can we just go back to the days of Sims 2 when high quality non half-baked content was the rule and not the exception?

• Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    KBsimmer79 wrote: »
    Keep in mind EA does try, like a lot, the way they did toddlers was worth the wait. In the laundry stuff there was a nod to a rather famous and nsfw mod and there is also the fact that this is one of the few titles that is not only stable but is playable sans mods and that experience I haven't had since I started with 3rd party content.

I've had the opposite experience with TS4 - it is so unplayable (with bugs and "features working as intended" that destroy Sim relationships and family trees) that it's the first game I've ever had to mod to get it to work.

Back on topic...

@Moon_Willow - Your posts reinforce my feelings about how poorly thought-through the representation of child responsiblity in dealing with small pets is in this pack. An Inspired moodlet from releasing a small, tame animal into the wild? Are you kidding me? Releasing domestic animals into the wild is certainly more cruel than giving your dog the option of sleeping in a doghouse if it wants to... :unamused: Say what you will about which team is responsible for what, but as the head of the Stuff Pack team, I do hold @SimGuruGraham accountable for irresponsible decisions about modelling small pet care for children in this pack.

Yikes, I didn't realise they got an inspired moodlet, that's even worse. It would be good if they had the option of surrendering the animal to a rescue organisation and that was the only option available to sims who had the responsible trait.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
    mirta000 wrote: »

The Sims 3 only had 9 SPs in total. We're on our 14th now on The Sims 4. I would have much preferred if we've gotten 2 expansions a year again (thus doubling the amount that we have now) and half the SPs.

Which would have been way more expensive and not given players more choices with smaller SP's and GPs, which was kinda the whole point.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited March 2018
    Which would have been way more expensive and not given players more choices with smaller SP's and GPs, which was kinda the whole point.

GP and SP model is actually pricier. A GP is aproximately 1/3rd of an expansion (especially true if you look at holiday destinations), however it costs 18£ versus 34£ for an ep. So by buying 3GPs you're actually paying about 40% more than the same amount of content in one EP.

That being said, I would not mind if all we got was strong GPs 4 times a year or more. EPs for TS4 were majorly dissappointing to me and SPs feel like The Sims 3 store sets if not less. However we're receiving 1 EP and 2 GPs a year making it fall shorter than the old model 2 EPs. Not to mention GPs will not necessarily carry the same theme (even with Eldorada, we're still 1 GP short from collecting 3 vacation destinations) and expansions feel greatly watered down.

However, that's a bit off topic. In reality you're paying more for The Sims 4 than you were for previous installments (not counting buying the whole of The Sims 3 store with real money) and your content is more spread out at best, all over the place with unfinished themes at worst (who wants to bet will we get a full collection of supernaturals when they can only pretty much come in GPs now and there's so many other themes a GP could explore?).
  • PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    I just can't believe they went ahead with releasing the SP at all. I thought for sure they would stop the marketing, readjust, and release a more thought-out pack. But no. They didn't take any sort of constructive criticism whatsoever. It's borderline insulting. People on this forum had wonderful ideas to rectify the situation that would've worked for both producer and consumer.
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• ETgohome16ETgohome16 Posts: 22 Member
    > @mirta000 said:
    > Oddzball wrote: »
    >
    > Which would have been way more expensive and not given players more choices with smaller SP's and GPs, which was kinda the whole point.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > GP and SP model is actually pricier. A GP is aproximately 1/3rd of an expansion (especially true if you look at holiday destinations), however it costs 18£ versus 34£ for an ep. So by buying 3GPs you're actually paying about 40% more than the same amount of content in one EP.
    >
    > That being said, I would not mind if all we got was strong GPs 4 times a year or more. EPs for TS4 were majorly dissappointing to me and SPs feel like The Sims 3 store sets if not less. However we're receiving 1 EP and 2 GPs a year making it fall shorter than the old model 2 EPs. Not to mention GPs will not necessarily carry the same theme (even with Eldorada, we're still 1 GP short from collecting 3 vacation destinations) and expansions feel greatly watered down.
    >
    > However, that's a bit off topic. In reality you're paying more for The Sims 4 than you were for previous installments (not counting buying the whole of The Sims 3 store with real money) and your content is more spread out at best, all over the place with unfinished themes at worst (who wants to bet will we get a full collection of supernaturals when they can only pretty much come in GPs now and there's so many other themes a GP could explore?).

I have to agree with @mirta000 to be honest the game packs so far haven' been bad, but I feel like though it was good, Parenthood was a bit of a rip off – maybe it should've been an SP? (Oops going off-topic)

Not trying to throw any shade here, btw.
    But I guess the price adjustments suck. To be honest, it wasn't fair as some of us (including myself, heck, I was paying 10$ CAD, which is like 7-8$ USD) so I guess now that I look back on it, I feel sort of happy that I didn't pay that much in the end as others because I feel like some things were a bit of a rip-off.

At least Origin has a decent amount of sales.
    edited March 2018
    I just can't believe they went ahead with releasing the SP at all. I thought for sure they would stop the marketing, readjust, and release a more thought-out pack. But no. They didn't take any sort of constructive criticism whatsoever. It's borderline insulting. People on this forum had wonderful ideas to rectify the situation that would've worked for both producer and consumer.

A global multibillion dollar company isnt going to change their marketing over a small vocal group. You do realize that Sims has millions of fans, and we basically have a couple dozen folks who are just being vocal about it.A(Seriously, look on reddit or here, its essentially the same small group of people) Its peanuts. My wife? She saw a new SP came out today, instabuy. She doesnt read the forums, she doesnt care about the drama. She doesnt even talk to other people about the sims, she just plays the game. $10 to her (Well its my money but) means nothing. its like going to the store for some snacks.