Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Wait a cotton picking second, even the pet clothes has recolors of old meshes? :o:o The list of new recolors and old meshes are increasing. Is this the only pack with so many duplicates?
    s2f5aVz.png
    Full article by Sims Vip here if u wanna check it out?

I think so. It certainly looks like it. CAS is usually well praised too with stuff packs and generally I have found it too have a few nice things but this just looks like them re colouring objects and selling it back to us!
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Wait a cotton picking second, even the pet clothes has recolors of old meshes? :o:o The list of new recolors and old meshes are increasing. Is this the only pack with so many duplicates?
    s2f5aVz.png
    Full article by Sims Vip here if u wanna check it out?

"Tragic" - Kim K.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I understand that they will use some recolors from time to time. It's fine that everybody wants to make their job a little easier sometimes. But if you make a pack where most of content are recolors (even using existing patterns), I expect you make it well. Give us more than one shirt for each gender. There are so few swatches for CAS too. I know that somebody spent their time on it anyway, but it's hard for me to believe that recoloring takes the same time that creating meshes. It really shows the lack of cohesion again - the stuff part of this pack is quite weak, it's not content for complete DLC, yet the rodent itself and a new death feel like were made for something bigger, just like @LiELF stated before.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    I wonder whether the t shirts were done at the last minute when they realised were facing a backlash among other things the lack of human CAS items. It's difficult to believe the same team that gave us the beautifully realised clothing in the Laundry Day pack turned round and gave us these in the next pack.

I do like the hairs though especially the short curly one. My sister has very thick wavy hair which she wears short (we may be New Zealanders but a branch of the family comes from Jamaica...) it's being difficult finding hair that look like hers until now. That hair is my sister's hair.

There are build/buy items that I like as well but the pack doesn't feel very cohesive. I feel like we have been given half a kids' set and half a lounge set whereas the earlier SP have given us full room sets - usually more than one for example Fitness stuff gives us lounge, dining and bathroom sets and Bowling stuff has a really nice mid century modern lounge and dining set buried in all the bowling paraphernalia. Again I'm wondering what went wrong with the team.

I'm torn about getting this one.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    The whole pack was probably a last minute thing. There’s a reason we are seeing so much recolored content for this SP. Stuff packs have always came with original items, not recolors, so that tells me this whole pack was thrown together in a few months. There’s no other way to explain how bad this pack is assembled.

I wonder when they started working on the hairs because according to @SimGuruGraham they take the longest development time. Did they grab some hair intended for another pack?
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited March 2018
    The whole pack was probably a last minute thing. There’s a reason we are seeing so much recolored content for this SP. Stuff packs have always came with original items, not recolors, so that tells me this whole pack was thrown together in a few months. There’s no other way to explain how bad this pack is assembled.

I wonder when they started working on the hairs because according to @SimGuruGraham they take the longest development time. Did they grab some hair intended for another pack?
    I'm thinking (it's a theory though) they make some generic hairstyles in advance which they add to packs to increase their 'item count', since some hairstyles don't particularly have a 'theme'. The ones that didn't get into a pack may be included in a free update (such as the long ponytail with bangs we got last year).

It may not be the case but I won't be surprised if it is...
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

Probably. The hamster was probably developed for another pack too, and itemized at the last minute for some quick cash. I find it hard to believe that this SP went through all of the standard procedures and resulted in next to no new, or even original content. The math just doesn’t add up.
  • CTedenCTeden Posts: 3 New Member
    I feel like I'm the only one excited for this pack. Everyone's saying it's a DLC of a DLC so them adding a price tag is suspect. But I would do a lot of degrading things to get hamsters and hedgehogs in the game. I'm more than happy to pay for it because I'm trash. Now just need to convince them to add rabbits and guinea pigs to the sims 4. Though it's the 13th for me right now and I don't see the new pack available. I understand time zones, but usually they're always on time for me
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    I’ve been toying with the idea for the past week but I think I’m going to buy it today. Can’t say I’m excited about it but I like new things
  • lizzee6lizzee6 Posts: 4 New Member
    Does anyone know why the new my first pet sims 4 stuff pack isn't available yet to download and its march 13th?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    lizzee6 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the new my first pet sims 4 stuff pack isn't available yet to download and its march 13th?

It’s not released till 10 am PT
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    lizzee6 wrote: »

It's not 10 am Pacific time yet.

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    For everything I keep reading (now that there are recolors of content) I keep face palming....I can't wait for the reviews!
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    But see, that's what many of us have been saying. Several of us have voiced that there were areas of Cats and Dogs that fell short, and because of this, we felt that some of the things in this stuff pack should have been patched in. Even if the same team was not "in charge" of the content, the lead production people do cross over and I'm sure that they all use the same outsource developers. Plus, all of the money is still going back to the same place. EA.

I personally believe that when it was realized that Cats and Dogs was selling big, EA sent the word down to stretch out for max profit, any pet related content currently in development, and produce whatever they could to put into a small pack. I believe that they saw a huge opportunity to cash in major money on a continuing pets theme. I'm sure they have some EA reps who work regularly with the Maxis team and tell them how they want the product distributed for maximum results. I also think that the reason we didn't get a lot of pet objects in Cats and Dogs was probably because they were approaching the deadline for release and ran out of time to complete everything they wanted to put in. Maybe the people they outsource to didn't get some of their things back in time. It's also possible that a variety of small pets have been in development with the idea of building a larger pack for them, like a Game Pack, but EA stepped in and decided that they would make a lot more money if the entire pets theme was dragged out in smaller increments, by creating a "new" Stuff Pack series that continues to build on what Cats and Dogs was lacking, while adding a new pet type in to entice simmers to purchase it. But however it happened, it doesn't feel right to me, and I have always supported Stuff Packs before. This one just seems different, it feels awkward and rushed. Plus, it was not included in the teaser and I think that's because they weren't even sure what they could put together before the end of the fiscal year, which is the end of this month. On that note, I think that EA intended to squeeze in one last fast-selling pack before they closed the year out, to boost their numbers and make their investors happy. And I suspect that's why it came out so unexpectedly.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like they are going to change anything. They are probably going to go ahead as per normal release day, see what the sales look like, and discuss it afterwards only if there is actually a significant dent in the sales numbers. But if it never gets addressed somehow, I feel that they will be losing a whole lot of customer faith in the series, right down to their own "Game Changers", and that would mean some very rocky times ahead, and that would be unfortunate.

Exactly. :relieved:

This isn't all about the SP team it's about The Sims 4 and EA in general. Some of us are tired of this and this is the space provided for us to give feedback for yet another particular thing we're dissatisfied with.
    EA_Mai wrote: »

Share your thoughts and first impressions :)

The OP says that and this is what some people's thoughts are about this pack. Our frustration is bigger than just this SP. This SP is just another example of what we're talking about. It's even bigger than EPs and GPs. It's this whole game and how it's being handled. That's the bigger picture.

And it's not like everyone working there stays in their own little space and doesn't communicate. If I'm at work doing my job and a lot of angry customers feel some type of way and are directing it at me and my team's work, I'm going to dissect what's being said to narrow down the main problem(s) and in this case I'd be taking straight to whoever is over EPs and then straight to our boss(es) to hash this out. Some of our customers feel like we're ripping them off and something needs to change because this keeps happening and I don't think after all this time it's just some fans not getting our vision. What can we do to address the situation?

That's just what I would do and after I've said my piece it's up to our superiors how it goes from there but part of the reason I think they told us to keep yelling at them is so they have something to take to their bosses to say, 'See, this is what our customers are saying. This is what they think'. No one is stupid, there's no way the devs are just going to sit there and let this fall all on them, not without pushing back at least a little. It goes up the chain and it's just a matter of if anything will be done so they can do something.

However, that doesn't mean the devs are completely innocent either. They make choices and decisions just like people at EA do and they do lie. That's why some of us have a hard time believing everything they say. Ironically enough I believe it was Graham who basically admitted they've lied to us. Of course some people didn't take it that way but really regardless of how I look at it there's lying involved, it's just a matter of how big the lie is. But he also said, in that same post or interview I believe, that he understands if some things are deal breakers and he hopes we'll take another look at the game down the line or something like that.

I know some people say anyone not satisfied should just move on and stop complaining, and like I've stated before they asked for our opinions and some of us have indeed moved onto the next pack or the next game but some of us coming back here is also us giving this game another look. It's not like we want to not like this game. We don't stay on their cases simply for kicks. Just because we've moved on doesn't mean we can't look back from time to time, and if we don't know and acknowledge history chances are it'll repeat. There are many things from this era of The Sims (and some from previous ones) that I never want to see repeat.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    For everything I keep reading (now that there are recolors of content) I keep face palming....I can't wait for the reviews!

Reviews are already in since yesterday (always a day early) and they're not very positive.

I really wonder if we'll ever get an official statement from the company though. But I won't hold my breath.
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Reviews are already in since yesterday (always a day early) and they're not very positive.

I really wonder if we'll ever get an official statement from the company though. But I won't hold my breath.

Oh I know, I meant player reviews and other people who didn't receive it early... I am just wondering if people who were a fan of this pack will be disappointed or not and so on.

I am like you a doubt it seriously that they will even say anything...

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Oh I know, I meant player reviews and other people who didn't receive it early... I am just wondering if people who were a fan of this pack will be disappointed or not and so on.

Oh okay sorry I misunderstood you there. Yes kinda curious too but I feel that some people will kinda like...whatever pack they're making :/ this isn't meant to offend anyone even though I know it will. It's just sad to see how averse this community can be to criticism, especially when criticism is the only thing that can make sure devs get to work on cool projects.

Oh okay sorry I misunderstood you there. Yes kinda curious too but I feel that some people will kinda like...whatever pack they're making :/ this isn't meant to offend anyone even though I know it will. It's just sad to see how averse this community can be to criticism, especially when criticism is the only thing that can make sure devs get to work on cool projects.

Said the words right out of my mouth!
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    I am so annoyed by this pack, I am refusing to buy this.
    However, I am pleased to see big Simmers on YouTube speak against this dirty business maneuverer. It is blindingly obvious that this was a cash grab. I also believe that this was originally going to be included in the Cats & Dogs pack but they realised they could make another £10 by watering it down into Stuff Packs (I am certain this won't be the last time.)

I am dreading Seasons. Each Season sold separately? A separate world for each season?

I dread to think. :|
    2UFyFUV.png

• Tellie86Tellie86 Posts: 36 Member
    As somebody who has owned every single Sims game (except the Katy Perry pack), I'm feeling truly let down. I feel that there are ways to fix this, however I wish the team would have been able to foresee the disappointment this would cause the community. Some steps that could be taken to fix this would be:
    1. Release a free pet store update. Showcase the items in the My First Pet Stuff pack to help justify this pack to the community.
    2. Set animal needs to static when being sold, allowing the pets to not die when being sold.
    3. Take preexisting pets (frogs and bugs and even aliens) and add a few more interactions other than "View" to them
    4. Combine all 4 cages into one so or add more recolors for the small pets in the pack.
    5. If you bought My First Pets, offer the next pack at a discounted rate.

As far as seeing a lot of recolors of preexisting stuff, I think this is a smart idea by the team, however don't make the community pay for it if there's very little other content in the pack. If you want to make a quick pack of recolors, theme it as a "StarterHome" type pack with distressed versions of preexisting furniture. It would be fun for those members of the community who love having the thrift type look. Also, if you watch HGTV, you would see that flipping houses is getting quite popular. Let the community create stories. Perhaps bring back the interior designer career with lots of distressed build and buy objects. You wouldn't even need to add a lot of new content as the team could add a distressed swatch to preexisting content.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    and in my case with 3, watch ads and get free points. I have 8gb of store content with free points.

Not to get too off topic, but the sims 3 store is still allowing you to do that? For some reason, I don't see the Ads anymore and thus have to actually buy points to get more stuff from the store. Maybe because I use chrome? I noticed I can only download things through Explorer

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Tellie86Tellie86 Posts: 36 Member
    Also, I'd like to elaborate on why I feel so irritated with 4 separate cage objects.

1. Since the cages are identical, they could have been one single object with an object to purchase....>hamster or hedgehog or rat or Bubalus.
    2. After reading the voidcritter description of the Bubalus, I feel having separate cages could have worked if they were different. In the description of the Bubalus, "These gentle giants are often found floating in the middle of lakes, feasting on underwater or shoreline plants. If threatened, Bubalus will charge their offender with surprising speed." It is a creature that floats in lakes. So, it's habitat could have been made to resemble that of the described creature. If the cages are separate objects, design them to reflect the habitat of the intended creature.

It just feels like this pack had so much potential that it really didn't meet.