Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you have Cats & Dogs, are you getting My First Pet Stuff?

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    No, not buying it at this point. I wish I could be excited for it, but it just feels wrong to me. That's okay, though. I still have a lot of jungle left to explore! :)
    #Team Occult
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Nope. They went about this pack all wrong, and it’s blatantly obvious from the reaction from most Simmers across the web. $10 sounds cheap, but it previously got me more than one gameplay object, and a bunch of recolored content and leftover content from the cats and Dogs expansion.
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    I am a completionist, I buy everything that is put out for The Sims, but I am really leaning the other way on this one.

By buying this, I am telling EA that this is okay. And it's not okay. It is not okay to sell me a lot of recycled recolors and stuff we should have gotten with C&D for more money. They aren't even trying to hide it. It seems really insulting, to be honest.

I will probably buy it way down the line as part of a bundle or when it goes on sale for $4.99. It's debatable if it's even worth that.
  • GitaGita Posts: 108 Member
    Yes, I will be buying it. I am conflicted over the issues with this SP. I don't know if it was a money grab. I tend to think more on business terms. The SP, GP, and EP teams have deadlines. They don't just issue a pack whenever they feel like it. I don't know if perhaps resources got diverted, key staff were on leave, or if they just phoned this one in, but I think something more happened. Of course, we will never be told what might have caused it.

That being said, I am looking forward to the pack as I have wanted minor pets. I was hoping for more pets and more interactive, but animation does seem to be the Archilles heel of TS4.

deadlines? The tumblr community made a pet stuff pack within a week. It can't be that hard for professionals to make something better in the same time, can it?
  • TashiTashi Posts: 46 Member
    Absolutely buying it and any other packs they come out with. It adds to my enjoyment of the game. Imo, companies are out to make money, that is common sense.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited March 2018
    Not today. I will wait for the sale.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Nah. Everything in it is ugly and not well thought out.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Nope. Not supporting EA's greedy sales tactics. I hope others aren't buying this either. We have enough pet costumes in the game, the CAS is just a bunch of cheap recolors, and the hamsters aren't worth the money. NOPE
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited March 2018
    Gita wrote: »
    Yes, I will be buying it. I am conflicted over the issues with this SP. I don't know if it was a money grab. I tend to think more on business terms. The SP, GP, and EP teams have deadlines. They don't just issue a pack whenever they feel like it. I don't know if perhaps resources got diverted, key staff were on leave, or if they just phoned this one in, but I think something more happened. Of course, we will never be told what might have caused it.

That being said, I am looking forward to the pack as I have wanted minor pets. I was hoping for more pets and more interactive, but animation does seem to be the Archilles heel of TS4.

deadlines? The tumblr community made a pet stuff pack within a week. It can't be that hard for professionals to make something better in the same time, can it?

Yes, it can. When you consider they have to get approval for every item, certain work is outsourced to other companies so there's lead time involved, translators have to vet all descriptions to make sure it's compatible in all languages, and everything is usually storyboarded in advance. The professional arena is a lot different than modders making whatever they want, whenever they want without any approval for brand standards and project scope.

Yes, they missed their mark on this pack. That much is clear. But running a business is considerably different than modding in one's spare time.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    I'll probably buy it on sale, but not soon because the pack feels meh and the methods they used are fishy. But then again I don't want to have an incomplete game, I want all the packs ( ;u;)
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Nohoo. I'd rather give that money to a stranger. Given the death and small "pet" I might consider it if there's a sale on origin + access discount (if I still have access then), but I wonder if I'll feel better about spending those 3 bucks then than I do about spending 8/10 now. Cause frankly, I'm not too keen on the "concept" of this Recolor Pack, I don't want to see this happening again in the future (but am afraid we will), and I just don't feel like supporting it at all. I'm sorry for the gurus that did put work into this, but ... yeh.. it's just an altogether indefensible pack (to me).
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    This pack will be a no no for me sadly. I do like the hamster, but I would have threw money all over them in a true standalone pet game pack, not a recolor pet stuff pack with a single recolored pet...shame really :disappointed: .

Though I bet some of the items will be CC-like all over Tumblr sooo... :lol: . I'll just be hoping the next pack is a bit better. I've turned down two packs so far, JA was more of a personal preference..but this one just feels wrong on so many levels.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    I bought it a couple of hours ago and haven't opened it up yet. I'm not as excited about it as I usually am with packs. I usually start it up right after it installs. I guess I'll get to it eventually.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    No. And I would never buy this one. I prefer playing TS3 now.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I own Cats and Dogs EP, but I never play with a cat or dog in game. I am just not into pet management. I like them in the world, though, as they add to environmental immersion. I bought the Pets stuff pack because the rabid rodent fever is awesome, and I also miss having small caged pets which I personally find more enjoyable than larger, more high maintenance, simulated pets like cats or dogs.

Looking through the items I am doubly glad I decided to pick it up, as some of the new assets are less obnoxious in color and design than the ones that came with C&D. Ex: There is a pet bowl shaped like a hollowed out tree stump. Super cute and more my style.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Not a chance. 0 interest in the small pets for kids. Or the decor.
  • ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    No, there's not enough I am interested in to justify it. If it goes on sale I might buy it, as I got Spooky Stuff for £2.99 which I think is even less value for money.
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm planning on getting both. I hope I'm able to :)
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    I'll wait for it to go on sale
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    got it and enjoying it!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    Thanks for all the feedback! After reading, I have decided to actually purchase this pack.

Instead of looking at it as 'content I like' I'm aiming for full-filling my game and adding onto it to have more gameplay and features. It's always nice to see something different in my game, no matter pretty or ugly. It's how the real world is!
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    It's coming out tomorrow. Don't know if I should be super quick to buy it. I honestly wasn't a big person of playing with pet's, I was just so caught up with my Sim's stories I never really had time to actually fully go in depth and visit the world of pet's. I've had dogs here and there, but nothing very interesting. Never played with a cat, so I'm thinking this stuff pack will ignite me to play more, which I know isn't an issue for most players, probably just me (I'm a horrible simmer) but I would like to hear your opinions if that's cool w ya'll :)

No, i am not buying it! And if EA will understand that people buy it anyway (all things separate), they will keep doing that, and when season will come all will be the same: snow pack, rain pack, cloud pack. They need money. In fact all these pets must be in one EP, and this pack is NOTHING!
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Next "money maker" will be "birds" etc?? No way! if they make this hamster things, then why no birds? People don't "eat" this from EA, this is Bull sh...t
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    hell to the NO!
    i paid FULL price, for what i thought was a FULL EP.
    well, joke's on me...

-Yarden.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I'll be buying it once I have a job (grad student looking for part time). I have an interview tomorrow so fingers crossed! I think the pack looks cute and fun for what it is. $10 is the same amount I'd pay to get food somewhere anyway.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990