Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    I feel like I'm the only one excited for this pack...
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I wish we could pre-order these already. I hate waiting. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm excited but can't get it for a few more days. Unfortunately my meds come first - so this paycheck gone. But 2nd and 3rd check each month is always gone before I get it. LOL.

But definitely looking forward to it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    LemDoodle wrote: »
    Call me a sucker but I'll definitely be buying this bad boy. One of the few SPs I'm actually really interested in! I totally get where some folks are coming from, but color me not surprised by this move. Still, I'm excited for it, so I'll be purchasing :) And I'm glad I'm only just now finding out about it -- less time to wait! :0

My son was looking over my shoulder while I was reading and saw your avi and demanded I go to the gallery and download it! He's going to get the kitty for himself when he gets on. You now have two new fans ;) . Now I will have another kitty to play with the fish in the new fish tank table!

True to his word, my son added the kitty and it seems made him a feast! 03-12-18_8-10-10_PM.png?width=731&height=412

At least he's passing his time waiting for the pack well.

Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    ^^What a gorgeous cat! <3
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    pamy1124 wrote: »
    I feel like I'm the only one excited for this pack...

I'm excited as well.
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    happygurl wrote: »
    ^^What a gorgeous cat! <3

It's @LemDoodle 's cat. My son grabbed it off the gallery ;).
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Hey does anyone know if we can make white rats too? I've seen a few let's plays but they haven't used one yet. I have a whole backstory worked up but the rat HAS to be white for it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know if we can make white rats too? I've seen a few let's plays but they haven't used one yet. I have a whole backstory worked up but the rat HAS to be white for it.

No - each pet just has their one color. The rats appear just grey. I too wish they had more colors.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

looks like just one color per type so just grey for the rat. I'm hoping modders can make some magic happen with that so we get a whole variety of colors.
    6riwm5.png
    edited March 2018
    Darn... I wanted black and white rats for a little Willard character.. oh well that blows. Back to the drawing board.
    Ehh I'll wait for mods I also hope they can make them free range with the animations they have.
    egTcBMc.png
  • lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited March 2018
    LemDoodle wrote: »
    lopithecus wrote: »
    @LemDoodle Are hedgehogs hard to take care of? Because I want one when I'm living on my own so bad!
    I wouldn't say that they're hard to take care of per-say? But they fall under the category of "exotic," so lots of research is definitely recommended! And I'd also like to recommend finding a really great local breeder. Lots of folks have trouble with hedgehogs they get from pet stores or shady breeders, and those hogs tend to not live very long. I can't recommend a hedgehog highly enough though! The hardest part for me was hand-taming mine, but it makes it so much better when they trust you enough to give you their sweet spikey snuggles ;u; For me it took roughly a month or two before River was totally comfortable. She's such a sweet little grumpy gal lol

@LemDoodle Oh yeah, I would totally do my research first. I would hate to accidentally hurt one or worse, kill one, due to my own lack of knowledge. I've heard of that happening, the trouble with getting hedgehogs from pet stores! I watched a YouTuber once where this happened to her. And as for hand-taming, when it comes to pets, I'm really patient. I just recently got it so my cat will allow me to touch her belly with my whole hand and rub a little. She would have clawed my hand to pieces a year ago if I tried that. Baby steps though!! I'm also patiently trying to train our dog to not jump up on me. ;)

I just think they are so cute and honestly, if I get a male, I'm going to name him Bruce after Bruce Wayne because Bruce has a p*rickly personality and I think it just fits since they have the spines.

Would you recommend them be paired with another hedgehog or are they okay being alone?
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    They are not legal to own in all states. We live in Maine now - and they are not legal here. So I'm going to get one in game dog gone it! LOL.

@Writin_Reg Really! I didn't know this! *Searches whether or not it's legal in my state* Phew, luckily they are legal!!
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • HeyitsmesierraHeyitsmesierra Posts: 70 Member
    Can anyone tell me what time it comes out?? I know a lot of people complain about it and I get it but at the end of the day the haters are still going to spend the ten dollars in their back pocket
    Can anyone tell me what time it comes out?? I know a lot of people complain about it and I get it but at the end of the day the haters are still going to spend the ten dollars in their back pocket

10am Pacific 1pm Eastern.
    edited March 2018

It really is best not to call people that don't want the stuff or the way it's put out "haters" it riles everyone up. All that name calling stuff goes both ways. Do you want to be called names for liking these packs or the way they are put out? Sorry I really don't want to derail the thread but that always bugs me.
    I do agree though that there will be people that will still spend money on it even if they don't like all that is offered or the way it's put out.

Me.. I'm excited. I'm quite a nerd so I need all this stuff in my game. I want all the pets.
    egTcBMc.png
    Well it's now Midnight on the East Coast so I can now say My First Pet Is Releasing Later Today!!!!!!! Less then 13 hours from now!!!!!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope dragons and birds are next
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Bring Forth the Tiny Ones
    6riwm5.png
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm not sure when my first break at work is, but chances are I'll have to wait until my lunch break to buy it. It's a safe bet I'll try it out after dinner tomorrow night.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
    Can't wait to get that aquarium coffee table.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I hope dragons and birds are next

The dragons are so random but I’m with you all the way with that idea
  • CazualKarmaCazualKarma Posts: 85 Member
    edited March 2018
    I just started a challenge that takes place in the 1800s so I guess I have to make a new save to play around with the new SP a little bit. :D

Any suggestions for a challenge or legacy where I can incorporate this SP? :)
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    When is it out? I want pet rats in my game right now! <3<3<3
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    True to his word, my son added the kitty and it seems made him a feast! 03-12-18_8-10-10_PM.png?width=731&height=412

At least he's passing his time waiting for the pack well.
    Now THIS is the content I come to the forums for. If only I could fall asleep with my head in a pie <3
    lopithecus wrote: »
    @LemDoodle Oh yeah, I would totally do my research first. I would hate to accidentally hurt one or worse, kill one, due to my own lack of knowledge. I've heard of that happening, the trouble with getting hedgehogs from pet stores! I watched a YouTuber once where this happened to her. And as for hand-taming, when it comes to pets, I'm really patient. I just recently got it so my cat will allow me to touch her belly with my whole hand and rub a little. She would have clawed my hand to pieces a year ago if I tried that. Baby steps though!! I'm also patiently trying to train our dog to not jump up on me. ;)

I just think they are so cute and honestly, if I get a male, I'm going to name him Bruce after Bruce Wayne because Bruce has a p*rickly personality and I think it just fits since they have the spines.

Would you recommend them be paired with another hedgehog or are they okay being alone?
    Sounds like you have the patience of a saint!! And a willingness to learn all about your pets -- now that's the kind of dedicated pet owner I can't recommend a hog highly enough for! (That sentence was weird but you know what I mean lol) I remember on day one River bit me, clamped right down on my finger! Twice!! But to be honest I'm kind of glad it happened that way. It made me not scared of getting bitten anymore. Don't get me wrong, it hurts, but if you respond properly (just staying still and not moving your hand/fingers, otherwise it will make them bite down harder) then it only lasts for a second or so. And I know the only reason she bit me is that she was scared. She's only bitten me one more time since then (when she got stuck in my hair and, again, was scared haha), but other than that in the almost three years I've had her she's not done it again. Once you learn to read their body language, which is pretty easy once you've been around them long enough, you should have absolutely no problems.

Fortunately, hedgehogs are pretty hardy critters when it comes to a lot of stuff. Their spikes do an amazing job of defending them from just about everything! But if I could give you just one quick tip that I found out just in the nick of time -- tea tree oil must be avoided! I know that's random, but that's one of the only things I can think of off the top of my head that surprised me to learn, and I'm glad I found it out!

As far as housing hogs together, I personally would recommend keeping them separate! You can keep females together but males are a big no-no as they tend to fight. Here's a thread on a hedgehog forum I can't recommend highly enough: http://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/13-housing-accessories/20-housing-2-hedgehogs-together.html But I've seen a YouTuber who has two males, she just keeps them in separate cages :)

Sorry for rambling on! And good catch by @Writin_Reg. Glad they're legal where you live, @lopithecus!
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited March 2018
    Ooops! double post.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/