Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grey Meadow, the Industrial Hub

1131415161719...Next

Comments

• vickigohvickigoh Posts: 326 Member
    edited November 2013
    Ok noted..i will check out the bed and breakfast lot..
  • radicalyfferadicalyffe Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi!

First, let me just say this world is FANTASTIC. I love it. The buildings are quality, the landscaping is gorgeous, and the inhabitants charmingly deranged.

I had a few questions though, mostly about story stuff.
    Cemetery Related:
    1. Why is George Burke buried in the Ever Grey Garden? How is he related to the Burke family?
    1.a Is Clyde Burke the family member who the horse Clyde is named after? How is he related to Dale?
    2. Who are the Sheridans? Are they related to anyone in town? ("Randoms I made up, stop obsessing" is a legit answer to that one)
    3. Are Dorothy and Barney McGuinness Doyle's parents? And Dervila a sibling? (That was my guess)
    4. Edgar is Shaw and Dorian's father, and I assume Sophia is their mother, so who are Annabelle and Clayton? Siblings? Grandparents?
    5. Where does Lorraine Quailhogs fit in? Do you have a lot with the Quailhogs family tombstones on it? (They have a graveyard in their back garden, so I thought maybe you have their tombs somewhere?)
    6. Are Ming and Lilias Patrick Grimebells parents?
    5. The Radfords in the graveyard are related to Gary Radford yes? Imma gonna turn him into a fire-death ghost. And his little dog too. :D

Lot related:
    - I saw someone ask if there was a resort, and I had a go at converting the B&B to a resort. Would you mind if I uploaded it to the exchange (with full credit, of course) for people to download if they want it? I need to play test more thoroughly it first, but so far it seems ok.

And I thought you might like to hear about some of your town people's shananigans... I play with NRAAS Story Progression, so I get notifications about all the sordid gossip.
    - Dorian Blightwood got to be Emperor of Evil for a while, but then Shaw ousted him. Dorian was pretty upset.
    - Charlotte Burke and Elden Silva had a child out of wedlock. Charlotte is a *terrible* mother. I actually removed the baby from the home and gave it to Elden. Charlotte was living in that little place next door to the laundromat, and when I got the notification of birth I went to check it out (I like to see what traits and such the baby has for story planning). Anyway, Charlotte was leaving the building and didn't have the child with her, which was weird. I found the baby lying in a puddle on the kitchen floor. o.O
    - Shaw and Lucetta Blightwood have had two daughters, one good and one evil.
    - There was a super cute scene at Stillwater Pond. Fionola was transformed and Doyle was rubbing her belly. Cletus moved out of home pretty quickly, and has bounced from job to job - I think he's actually a fortune teller now. Everyone hates him. Mary-Jane left home, but moved back when Doyle passed away to support her mother. Fionola took it pretty hard.
    - Dale and Diane both passed away before Livingston was a young adult. Making ends meet while he's a teen has been pretty tough on him, and he's almost lost the house a couple of times.
    - Eva Rouge has a daughter now, and for some reason the Jaughook guy has been her primary caregiver, though he's not the father. (Eva never seems to be home when I look in on them)

• QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi!

First, let me just say this world is FANTASTIC. I love it. The buildings are quality, the landscaping is gorgeous, and the inhabitants charmingly deranged.

I had a few questions though, mostly about story stuff.
    Cemetery Related:
    1. Why is George Burke buried in the Ever Grey Garden? How is he related to the Burke family?
    1.a Is Clyde Burke the family member who the horse Clyde is named after? How is he related to Dale?
    2. Who are the Sheridans? Are they related to anyone in town? ("Randoms I made up, stop obsessing" is a legit answer to that one)
    3. Are Dorothy and Barney McGuinness Doyle's parents? And Dervila a sibling? (That was my guess)
    4. Edgar is Shaw and Dorian's father, and I assume Sophia is their mother, so who are Annabelle and Clayton? Siblings? Grandparents?
    5. Where does Lorraine Quailhogs fit in? Do you have a lot with the Quailhogs family tombstones on it? (They have a graveyard in their back garden, so I thought maybe you have their tombs somewhere?)
    6. Are Ming and Lilias Patrick Grimebells parents?
    5. The Radfords in the graveyard are related to Gary Radford yes? Imma gonna turn him into a fire-death ghost. And his little dog too. :D

Lot related:
    - I saw someone ask if there was a resort, and I had a go at converting the B&B to a resort. Would you mind if I uploaded it to the exchange (with full credit, of course) for people to download if they want it? I need to play test more thoroughly it first, but so far it seems ok.

And I thought you might like to hear about some of your town people's shananigans... I play with NRAAS Story Progression, so I get notifications about all the sordid gossip.
    - Dorian Blightwood got to be Emperor of Evil for a while, but then Shaw ousted him. Dorian was pretty upset.
    - Charlotte Burke and Elden Silva had a child out of wedlock. Charlotte is a *terrible* mother. I actually removed the baby from the home and gave it to Elden. Charlotte was living in that little place next door to the laundromat, and when I got the notification of birth I went to check it out (I like to see what traits and such the baby has for story planning). Anyway, Charlotte was leaving the building and didn't have the child with her, which was weird. I found the baby lying in a puddle on the kitchen floor. o.O
    - Shaw and Lucetta Blightwood have had two daughters, one good and one evil.
    - There was a super cute scene at Stillwater Pond. Fionola was transformed and Doyle was rubbing her belly. Cletus moved out of home pretty quickly, and has bounced from job to job - I think he's actually a fortune teller now. Everyone hates him. Mary-Jane left home, but moved back when Doyle passed away to support her mother. Fionola took it pretty hard.
    - Dale and Diane both passed away before Livingston was a young adult. Making ends meet while he's a teen has been pretty tough on him, and he's almost lost the house a couple of times.
    - Eva Rouge has a daughter now, and for some reason the Jaughook guy has been her primary caregiver, though he's not the father. (Eva never seems to be home when I look in on them)
    Thank you for the update. I'm sorry I took a while to respond.

It's kind of annoying, but you have to have a mod (I used the Master Controller) in order to link the family members together from the cemeteries. That's one of the reason why I didn't want to make a haunted cemetery and upload it, but I did anyway. If you are willing to mod, then it is an interesting addition. If not, I am in no position to tell you what to do.

1. George Burke was Dale Burke Sr's father. If you see his ghost, he is wearing dirty clothes and his face is covered with soot, implying that he was a poor factory worker.
    1a. Clyde Burke was Dale Burke Sr's brother (and George's son). The fact that the horse has the name Clyde as well is just a coincidence.
    2. The Sheridans were Diane Burke's parents
    3. Dorothy and Barney were Doyle's parents. Dervila as Doyle's grandmother (the one who he lived in a shipping container with).
    4. Annabelle and Clayton were Dorian and Shaw's siblings. Sophia and Edgar are their parents
    5. Lorraine was Herbert's wife and the mother of August and Claudia Quailhogs. She is the only Quailhogs with a ghost. Herbert's older brother is not buried in Grey Meadow.
    6. No, Ming was Alistair Grimebell's wife and Earl's mother. Lilias was Patrick's wife, and of course the mother to all of Patrick's children.
    7. Yes. Sean and Beatrice were Gary's siblings, while Betty and Ernest were his parents. When I first made Gary, I wanted to make him a fire ghost, but then I learned that ghosts corrupt CAW. That is why I included all of the cemeteries with ghosts separately

If you still have questions, you can see page 27 of this thread, where I listed whom each ghost is related to.

Also, you may upload the lot.

Edit: I see that you use NRAAS Story Progression. The Master Controller is on the same website.
  • radicalyfferadicalyffe Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Thankyou for your response! I use MasterController and already know how to connect family members, so thats cool... and what I had in mind for the ghosties. Thanks for the pointer to the thread page - I've read bits of this thread but its a bit long to go through the whole thing.

I also totally understand about the haunted lots being a problem, and ghosts corrupting CAW. I'm just glad you did make the haunted lots! :D I've moved all the tombstones into a sims inventory and saved him so I can add the tombstones manually to various lots at the start of a new save. The lot uploads have different coloured terrain paints and the floating tree problem, so dropping them straight into the world isn't desirable.

Thankyou for the permission, but I'm actually not going to upload the resort. I've discovered that any community lots I edit in Grey Meadow have floating object issues when I place them again (in Grey Meadow, I haven't tried another world). I've no notion whats causing it - I can't say I've played any other world as much as Grey Meadow so I don't know if its just a quirk of the world, or if its a common bug and I've just never noticed it before.

Thankyou for your hard work on this world and the others you have made. (I've looked in on them but haven't played them thoroughly yet. They look great too.) You've brought me many hours of enjoyment.
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited December 2013
    Ahh, I missed your worlds. I'm putting this world and Vargfjell back into my game again. I can't wait to play them tonight ^_^ I can't really remember why I removed them in the first place :\ weird. Oh well, I'm just happy that I remembered them today and see that you've updated my two favorites. Happy holidays!
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hehehe, I am currently playing Sally Stevens and having her rebel a bit by moving her out. I tend to play single sim households starting out in a world. So since you don't normally have single sim households, I just find a young adult or adult I want to play in another household and move them out :D
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hello, Quailhogs.

I haven't seen you around in awhile, but I hope things are alright with you.

I am currently playing around with the latest version of Grey Meadow. It is as wonderful as ever, but it seems that there are a few routing issues. Unfortunately I'm not able to track down the problem areas (not really sure how to do so), but there is one house lot that I did find that has a weird routing issue.

The particular house that I am talking about is this one right here:

Screenshot-11_zps2c194fb5.jpg

I have used this starter home in past versions with zero problems, but for some reason, this one isn't accessible from the front of the lot. My Sim wasn't able to access the lot. She was able to stand in the road in front of the house, but that was as far as she was able to get. The owner of the lot is not able to leave the lot either. I was able to access the lot by going around the side and entering it from the side. My Sim was then able to move around the entire lot freely.

I have no idea what is going on with this lot or even how to fix it. :?

ETA: I just ended up just deleting the lot completely and putting a few trees and rocks in its place. I started to feel kinda sorry for the guy living there. He called my Sim over three days in a row. I guess he was getting kind of lonely and knew that my Sim was the only who was able to get on and off the lot.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • NoirranNoirran Posts: 393 Member
    edited May 2014
    I've been playing your world for a few days now and I love it! Thank you for making it.
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hello Quailhogs! I've decided to restart Grey Meadows with the new IP version, and I'm loving it so far. Thank you very much for updating it.

I do have one question, though. I'm using MC to fix family ties with the ghosts in the two cemeteries using your post a few pages back, and I can't find Anna Burke anywhere. Did she get lost somewhere in the update?

Edit:
    Never mind. Somehow one of my mods must have used the three seconds before pausing the game to delete a bunch of NPCs for whatever reason.
    I opened a new game and there she was...

Son of Edit:
    Edith Jaughook was gone, too. Not sure whether there's a problem with them, but my new game ditched both of them in the first five minutes as well.

FWIW I think the game may not like supernatural or elder NPCs.

Edith and Anna now live in the Asylum together. Seemed fitting. :lol:
    edited May 2014
    Edith and Anna Burke are both social workers, though I doubt that has anything to do with the problem. They are not the same kind of social worker either (Edith brings children in for Sims to adopt and Anna takes them away due to Sims' incompetence as parents).
    edited June 2014
    No, I do think the problem is elders and supernaturals. I haven't tried supernatural NPCs yet, but I know that when I try to play Hidden Springs, all the elders that EA put in as NPCs are immediately replaced. Could be a mod issue, though, as I have a ton of NRaas mods in my games most of the time...

Anyway, Anna and Edith are happily... or maybe not... sharing the Asylum. Anna spends her days talking to herself and feeling 'hunted' and Edith seems to have an obsession with fried foods to the extend where she forgets to drink...

I love the updated McGuiness family. They're my favourite family to play, and the new version is even better. Fiona is pregnant again, because there wasn't enough mayhem yet. LOL!!!!

Also, this version has a bit of lag for me, I'm going to see what happens once I 'unhide' the islands. I think Doyle can use a boat to find them, he'd appreciate a bit of peace and quiet.
  • SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm sorry if this is not the proper place to ask. I looked around and couldn't find one, so here goes...

My sim found the legendary janitorial cache of treasures located at the town's elementary school I think.

I managed to fully explore it, but there's no way of leaving the place without a resetsim.
    There's this room where the two doors lock behind us.
    There are two holes in the walls to investigate, and a chest with relic coins in it.
    I inspected everything in that room, and still cannot unlock any doors.

I'm trapped! And I don't want the janitor to feast on my remains tonight.

---- ... ----

On a different note...
    I think your worlds are the best. Many thanks for your hard work.
    edited June 2014
    SmokeyBearz: This is exactly where you should ask it. You are using a really old version of the world, as I have deleted that tomb in the newer versions. You will just need to use a cheat to get out, as I do not remember how the tomb works.
    edited October 2015
    Hello again, my dear children. I have created a save file of Grey Meadow for you to download, if you so desire. I have never uploaded a save file before, so I have no idea if this is going to work. The save file includes the following:
    -Ghosts
    -Minor rework of existing tombs
    -Three additional families
    -Hick
    -Montgomery
    -Andrea Clark
    -Player-made Sims have now been appointed to service npc roles (since the game naturally ignored the sims that people have donated and generated its own morbidly-obese pudding faces to serve)
    -Rework of the Proletariat Concert Hall
    -New Npc sims to fill various service roles
    -Rework of Gary Radford and his dog
    -The Kramer family and the Sammon family each have a dog now. This was not by my will; they just adopted dogs because I forgot to turn story progression off at the start. I decided to leave them.

I have never uploaded a share file before. Please tell me if it works. Thank you.

The save file should only work with the latest version of Grey Meadow.
    Post edited by Quailhogs on
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    Quailhogs wrote: »

I have never uploaded a share file before. Please tell me if it works. Thank you.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ocaylwjij3y75

The save file should only work with the latest version of Grey Meadow.

It's been a long time since I played Grey Meadow. I took a break from TS3 to try out TS4 and I am now on a new computer. I downloaded and installed the latest version of Grey Meadow. But I have been unable to figure out how to download the linked file. The best I can figure out is that I must sign up for a $4.99/ month monthly service in order to use a bulk downloader. I have already installed a lot of mediafire software on my computer that I would not otherwise install were it not that I wanted to download this file. Do you have any tips on using the free version of mediafire to get these files downloaded?

Origin ID: Barbara917
    edited October 2015
    Sorry, I did not compress the folder. Hopefully this should work. https://www.mediafire.com/?aasnmnaidcx8pgq
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Hiya, @Quailhogs. Since it's been quite awhile since I downloaded Grey Meadow, may I ask which version you made your saved game for? I just want to make sure my version of the world matches your saved game (in case there were developments that I missed!).
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    The save file is for the latest version, updated for Island Paradise
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    OK, I'll check to make sure that's the version I have installed. Thank you!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    And here I was trying to decide which game to load today TS3 or TS4. Looks like it is TS3 and a new Grey Meadow save.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Drat, it won't open.
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    Drat, it won't open.

Thread necrology, I know... But I was looking for this save game because I'm getting back to playing some of my old favorites, and this save supposedly fixed a few things in GM.
    The save doesn't open for me either. Something about 'expansion pack data' - which is silly, because I have every single EP installed. So it may just be a slightly wrong version of the world?

Did anyone ever get it to open?
    edited March 2018
    KarinL wrote: »
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    Drat, it won't open.

Thread necrology, I know... But I was looking for this save game because I'm getting back to playing some of my old favorites, and this save supposedly fixed a few things in GM.
    The save doesn't open for me either. Something about 'expansion pack data' - which is silly, because I have every single EP installed. So it may just be a slightly wrong version of the world?

Did anyone ever get it to open?

Are you talking about the Save Game File that I uploaded three years ago? I was never able to confirm that it actually worked for anyone else. The version of Grey Meadow that I used was Version 6. I cannot assure you that it will actually work since this was the only time I ever uploaded a save file for other people's use. And yes, this thread is so dead that it has links to my unused Photobucket account.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top