Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JessaBeans' Sims 3

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Love those gingerbread houses! And decorating them with lights in August fits the Build and Share challenge this month. I will love seeing your finished homes.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited August 2017
    Thank you Rosemow. :)

That's a good point Ciane, I will see if any of the larger ones fall within the budget, it's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath this month that's way larger than I can fit in the minis. I've been peeking in on Build and Share but I'm no good with budgets or deadlines.

Post edited by Jessabeans on
    edited March 2018
    The Center for Performing Arts 20x30 Private Venue
    Showtime private venue doubles as movie theater, with dressing/restrooms and snack lobby downstairs. Upstairs is a ballet and dance studio with karaoke room to practice and locker rooms. No 3rd Party CC.
    Store Note: The lot uses items from Le Cinema Plumbob, The ballet bar and dance mat from Stiff As A Board, Light As A Feather Dance Collection and the popcorn machine from the world of Wonder Carousel Collection.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9125143

tumblr_inline_oufjbqxCCl1suehnd_500.jpg

Ground Floor
    Theater
    tumblr_ouf8dwiPgZ1t81gyjo1_1280.jpg
    During Act
    tumblr_ouf8dwiPgZ1t81gyjo5_r1_1280.jpg
    During Film
    tumblr_ouf8dwiPgZ1t81gyjo2_1280.jpg
    Lobby (Soda machines are behind the wall)
    tumblr_ouf8dwiPgZ1t81gyjo4_1280.jpg
    Lobby dining area detail
    tumblr_inline_ouf89tMzzQ1suehnd_500.jpg
    Stage adjacent dressing/restrooms
    tumblr_inline_ouf8c5ITVx1suehnd_500.jpg

Upstairs
    Main Ballet Studio
    tumblr_inline_ouf80sbAyG1suehnd_500.jpg
    tumblr_inline_ouf862Vx5W1suehnd_500.jpg
    Children's Ballet Studio
    tumblr_inline_ouf8pqdFcj1suehnd_500.jpg
    Dance Studio
    tumblr_inline_ouf87br09a1suehnd_500.jpg
    Karaoke Room
    tumblr_inline_ouf8y5W0Or1suehnd_500.jpg
    Locker Rooms
    tumblr_inline_ouf8d2xVGE1suehnd_500.jpg

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    The Center for Performing Arts is a great venue for sims to enjoy visiting! :) It is great that as well as being used as a private venue, it also has a movie theatre area, a dance studio, karaoke machine room, and main and kids ballet studios. The photos on the walls through the build add a great look to the room areas! Nice lobby area for sims to enjoy getting popcorn or fairy floss to eat when watching the movies.
    The design of the build is great! :)
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Very nice! I love everything you have included in it. Those ballet pictures are fabulous!
    edited March 2018
    Thank you Rosemow and Romagi, I appreciate it.

WIP-wise I am still trying to figure how many of the gingerbread minis I should make so I am putting them on hold until I get the area they are going in fleshed out better. I am finishing up a bowling alley I should have it up in the next few days.
    tumblr_ouhfj1pGgq1wwkgzco1_1280.jpg

This isn't the normal lighting, I was trying out the lighting for cosmic bowling.

*Edit* I took a break from Sims for a few months again. I hope to eventually get back to my Elizabeth Isles inspired buildings, I really enjoyed doing them. I just haven't felt up to it for a while. I lost a loved one and it's been hard getting back to normalcy.
    edited March 2018
    This is the first house I've finished in months, it is a vacation home for a single sim or couple in Shang Simla. Greencats posted beautiful vista information on her sims blog and looking at the views had me inspired to try to build a home to suit the views. I haven't spent a lot of time in Shang Simla and it really is a beautiful place. I'm working on a Siheyuan style home for one of the larger 40x40 lots but I ran into an issue with it so it'll be a while before it's finished. It's great to feel inspired to build again, I've missed it.

Anyway, here is Qingsong

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9199463
    20x30 1 Bedroom 1.5 bath retreat with sauna and gym in the basement. Built at 10 South Ancestor Hills, Shang Simla

Note: There is a koi spawner in the pond in the front, so it could duplicate if you rotate the lot. I set the front of the lot so it should automatically place forward without needing to rotate it, but check for duplicated spawners if you place it in another area.

tumblr_p5gj75oeEZ1x95scjo8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p5gj75oeEZ1x95scjo10_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p5gj75oeEZ1x95scjo7_r1_1280.jpg

The best view is from the second floor tearoom/study and upstairs bathroom. You get a view of the dragon from the tub, and a sweeping view of the walled city as well as the dragon from the tea room.
    tumblr_p5gj75oeEZ1x95scjo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p5gj75oeEZ1x95scjo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p5gj75oeEZ1x95scjo9_r1_1280.jpg
    The rear of the lot doesn't have the best view so I put a tiny garden outside the sauna window.

If you noticed replaced items, I used items from the store Year of the Tiger set that don't show up in the studio.

Qingsong is such a very nice vacation home for Shang Simla! :) Very nice exterior design of the home that suits the world so well! The pagoda roofing is very nice. The layout of the build looks very great! The way you done the levels of stairs leading up to entrance , and used the plants, flowers and trees looks so very special and nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Sims will have very nice views of the outdoors through the windows, and will enjoy the sunshine coming in. Very nice corner tea table nook! The windows bath nook is very nice for sims to enjoy bathing in the sunlight.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

Well done @Jessabeans. I absolutely love the interior of Qingsong. The rooms feel so peaceful with those gorgeous views and the décor so nice and clean. What a pretty pattern you used for the tea set. Perfect! Rec'd :smiley:
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    What a gorgeous Shang Simla home! You are right, those views are absolutely gorgeous!

I love all the wood tones and the natural feel to it. I've always just stayed at the base camp in Shang Simla (although a greatly revamped base camp I found at the Exchange), but this home would be an awesome vacation home. :)
    edited March 2018
    I like doing EA lot makeovers, sometimes the area just doesn't look right if you replace them with a new lot. As lovely as some of them are they are usually limited to only base game and one expansion pack items so they can be pretty lacking at times. I redid the Hot Springs lot at 30 Heavenly Valley, Shang Simla. I wanted to keep the hot springs theme and make it a little more resort-like. I thought it would be nice to do a side by side comparison, I usually do those myself when doing makeovers but I haven't really posted one before.

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9199728

Pool Area Makeover
    tumblr_p5i80v4JFA1x95scjo8_1280.jpg
    Original Pool Area
    tumblr_p5i8euLBtI1x95scjo7_1280.jpg
    Sauna Area Makeover
    tumblr_p5i80v4JFA1x95scjo7_1280.jpg
    Sauna Area before was a lounge tumblr_p5i8euLBtI1x95scjo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p5i8euLBtI1x95scjo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p5i80v4JFA1x95scjo4_1280.jpg
    Massage Area Makeover, there is one outdoor table and two indoor rooms.
    tumblr_p5i80v4JFA1x95scjo6_1280.jpg
    The area was originally a restroom, I enlarged the floor plan a bit to allow extra routing for the tables.
    tumblr_p5i8euLBtI1x95scjo5_1280.jpg
    Before
    tumblr_p5i8euLBtI1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    After
    tumblr_p5i80v4JFA1x95scjo5_1280.jpg

I added one additional pavilion to replace the restrooms.
    (After)
    tumblr_p5i80v4JFA1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    Beforetumblr_p5i8euLBtI1x95scjo6_1280.jpg

Tearoom Makeover I used a mod to set up the Island Paradise resort buffet in the room, it should be set to serve dim sum if it exports correctly. It charges I think §15 per plate.
    tumblr_p5i80v4JFA1x95scjo9_1280.jpg
    Tearoom before was a sort of lounge
    tumblr_p5i8euLBtI1x95scjo4_1280.jpg
    I left the big boulder and divewell alone, as well as all the tomb objects. I will be play testing it as a tomb to make sure I didn't muck anything while editing the lot before I upload it. I should have time to play test it tonight.

Before
    tumblr_p5i8euLBtI1x95scjo8_1280.jpg
    After- Just added a spare dinging table, the view to the pool is blocked until you've done the lot at least once and broken the boulder down.
    tumblr_p5i80v4JFA1x95scjo10_1280.jpg

Last thing, if you do decide to replace your hot springs with this makeover you'll need to type Testingcheatsenabled true from the world edit view, and then enablelotlocking on to click the little lock they put on tomb lots. It should place automatically in the correct orientation (it did for me during testing at least) if you need to rotate the lot I left the fish spawners that were originally there so be sure to delete duplicates if any show up from rotating the lot.

edited March 2018
    Thank you Rosemow, Mia and SocoolSim. I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by and comment.

Oh and while my sims was in Shang Simla I did a minor update to the lots I posted a while back, I just added the teaset to the Dim Sum House. And replaced the university teabar with tables in the bath house. I may re-upload the dim sum house, but I don't really like the bathing house layout anymore so I may start over on that one.

tumblr_p5idagjLOb1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    Are you using the tea tables from Brunch at the Old Mill? Or just the deco tea tray from the steampunk set?

It's too bad you can't mod the tea tables to be used on the ground sitting on pillows, the way they do in Japan and China. :)
    edited March 2018
    @MiaSkywalker I originally used the deco tea tray on the lot in '13 before the venue was released, I updated it in my own game with the tea table from Brunch at the Old Mill. I was thinking of re-uploading it, but it's such a minor change.

It would be great to have a low teatable instead, I am sure I have seen a cc version of one around. I know there is a mod that removes the table from the old mill teatable. It's hard to keep builds cc-free with all the talented modders out there.
    Yeah, it's probably not a big enough reason to re-upload it, unless you hit studio limits and need to remove it at some point anyway. Those of us who have the table can always replace it in the game. :) It's a good idea to even have the deco there, and the changes you've made make the lots far more usable, still keeping that Asian feel.

I'm always happy to see re-dos of EA lots that include lots of EP, SP, and store stuff, making them more interesting. Your Sim Shangla lots will certainly improve that vacation world! :)
    edited March 2018
    Build n Share #200 - The Age of Aquarius
    Morningstar Farms
    40x40 lot 3 Bedroom, 1 shared bath (Sleeps 6) §100,226
    tumblr_p5ndg20eBr1x95scjo4_1280.jpg
    Secluded location
    Built for 9 Sunstone Ct, Hidden Springs
    tumblr_p5ndg20eBr1x95scjo5_1280.jpg

Eco-Friendly and Sustainable
    tumblr_p5lj62T7Zz1x95scjo3_1280.jpg
    Line-dried laundry, stocked fishpond, firewood heating, composter, rain barrel, upgraded solar panels (10), bicycle parking
    Fish, chickens, bees, and a vegetable and herb gardens, grounds lined with mature fruit trees.
    The charm of Communal Living
    tumblr_p5nr76FmrA1x95scjo3_r1_1280.jpg
    Bath and Shower
    tumblr_p5nr76FmrA1x95scjo4_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p5nr76FmrA1x95scjo5_r1_1280.jpg

Kitchen and Dining
    tumblr_p5ndg20eBr1x95scjo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p5ndg20eBr1x95scjo3_1280.jpg
    Barn Loft Creative Work space
    Overhead layout view
    tumblr_p5nr76FmrA1x95scjo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p5lj62T7Zz1x95scjo5_1280.jpg
    Desk and laptop for Lavender's writing, Easel for Raven's Painting (if she would rather socialize than paint in her room), space for Sparrow's collection and extra jam storage.
    tumblr_p5nr76FmrA1x95scjo1_1280.jpg

Bedrooms
    Floorplan overview
    tumblr_p5nprcAt2g1x95scjo2_r2_1280.jpg
    Girl's Cabin
    tumblr_p5lj62T7Zz1x95scjo2_1280.jpg
    Sparrow's side
    tumblr_p5nprcAt2g1x95scjo3_r1_1280.jpg
    Lavender's side
    tumblr_p5lkg60FN41x95scjo3_r1_1280.jpg
    Boy's Cabin
    Storm's side
    tumblr_p5nprcAt2g1x95scjo5_r1_1280.jpg
    Sky's Side
    tumblr_p5nprcAt2g1x95scjo4_r2_1280.jpg
    I decided Raven and Essence were a couple and put them in a cabin together.
    tumblr_p5lkg60FN41x95scjo6_r1_1280.jpg

Winter-ready, each bungalow is equipped with (fireproof) wood burning stove, outdoor firepit to warm on cold winter's day or relax around on cool evenings.
    tumblr_p5nprcAt2g1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    Greenhouse allows for a year round harvest of the essentials or a head start on the next season.
    tumblr_p5ndg20eBr1x95scjo10_r1_1280.jpg

Heatlamp for the chickens
    tumblr_p5ndg20eBr1x95scjo9_r1_1280.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, Happy Simming!
    The hippie commune looks great! :) You have captured the theme very well in both the outdoors areas, and in the design of the interior rooms and the types of furnishings used. The bridge is very nice! It was great reading the background details/your thoughts on each of the room and areas. I hope that your finishing work on it goes well :)
    Thank you Rosemow, I appreciate the feedback and encouragement. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    I love what you have done! I did the Sims part of it, but hadn't gotten around to the building part. Personally I love the kitchen with the canning station. Have to have some way to save the produce for those long winters. Wouldn't want it to go to waste, would they? hehe Having everything they would need to survive, and the tools (skill stuff) to be able to thrive even. Amazing work so far! <3
    edited March 2018
    I think I finally have it ready, I was able to expand the bathroom but still keep everything in the kitchen it's just erm cozier now.
    In testing my sim wouldn't swim in the pond, I hadn't played a while but I thought ponds were swimmable when oceans became swimmable with island paradise. Anyway, I made a small swimmable section to make sure the pond was functional for what the clients wanted.
    tumblr_p5ndg20eBr1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p5ndg20eBr1x95scjo7_r1_1280.jpg It changed the lake shape a little but hopefully it still looks natural.
    I filled in the lot a bit,
    tumblr_p5ndg20eBr1x95scjo8_r1_1280.jpg Fireplaces are all upgraded to fireproof because apparently firewood is flammable. *sigh*

I put two more chairs in the barn kitchen, and added a second outdoor table so they could seat up to 8.

*edit* I was able to get it changed and uploaded, I have changed my WIP post to a final post with the changes. Link to the download is in the post above if anyone is interested.

*PS* it's not worth reuploading the lot over, but I forgot to recolor the outside of the barn windows and it bugs me when I look at it, and I wish I had stuck with the stone floor in the men's cabin.
    edited March 2018
    @Morakai Yes that's what I was thinking too. There is a nice mod that lets you craft rations with the canning station (and more jam varieties) I think I was so used to playing with it that I assumed it was part of the object originally. I am looking forward to seeing what people come up with for this challenge, I didn't try making the sims themselves yet. I'm rubbish at making sims. Thanks for the lovely things you said about it. I had a lot of fun building it.
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Absolutely adore your Hippie Commune @Jessabeans :) , the pretty winter picture gave me the final push to download. Left you a big rec of course.
    Morningstar Farms will make an ideal place for Star + Free Dom my Hippie couple to start their family/commune <3 x

EZLoejY.jpg?1
    @Hidehi Your hippie family looks so cute, I hope they will be happy there. :D
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @Jessabeans! Morningstar Farms is just Fabulous! Left you a rec! My favs are the kitchen and the barn!

I'll have to go get that mod as the canning station is really lacking.