Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited March 2018
    Oh my!

@BuildnShare Thank you for the feedback! I do agree yes, now that you mention it, that the back is a little neglected :tongue: And yes the sink yes, I was contemplating that one for a while.. hehe. I will take it on board and hope to remember it for next time! :blush:

But how surprising to win the Sim challenge! I keep trying to get better at Sim creation, so this was particularly special to me :heart:

Thank you kindly @kilra0 @masajo @Lebanna @FidgetyAtom @abelhinha35 @CaramelLibra29 for the congrats! :kissing_heart:

Congrats to @gmcrozier for the Expert win! It was a simply gorgeous cottage! Congrats to @kilra0 @linday and @masajo for placing! I'm sure this must have been a tough round :wink:

@CaramelLibra29 I have to add; thank you for the compliment on my Sims :heart: You know how much I look up to you and your wonderful Sim creations, so your wonderful feedback means a lot more than you might think :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    Thank you so much for the comments and feedback! I really didn't envy the judges this time around...

Congrats also to @gmcrozier, @kilra0 and @masajo, and to @Laebeth for the sim challenge!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR #BNS88 - A FAIRY TALE COTTAGE

@LadyAlexiel

Into the woods is such a gorgeous cottage and I love how you've portrayed this as being in the middle of a forest. The cottage is well placed with trees surrounding it and a stream running through. The rocks and plants, together with the bridge, enhance the stream and make it all the more realistic. Great use of terrain paint for the pathways and earthy tones under the plants and rocks. Good choice of wall textures on the exterior of the build which give a true cottage feel and the roofing is well designed. Going inside is quite magical, very cosy and comfy. I love the country style kitchen and it's good to see you've used debug items to add clutter and make the cottage look 'lived in'.

Suggestions: Firstly, watch the budget, this is the Gallery cost plus the lot cost. Regarding the slideshow, I think it looks better if you take pics with the walls up, the cutaway walls don't show the room/build in all it's full glory. You did wonderfully well with the landscaping, I love the enchanted trees! The only addition I would suggest is perhaps a small herb garden at the back and maybe some seating, it's always good to spend time outdoors.

Sim Challenge: I absolutely love your interpretation of Louise and all the adorably cute hairstyles you have given her. You have paid great attention to detail, those freckles really suit her! The outfits you have chosen are very fitting for her character and it's good you have shown her happy in her beautiful new home.

@leochick123

Fairy Tale Cottage is an absolute delight, a very pretty build enhanced with columns and spandrels. The hedging surrounding the foundation gives a formal appearance and the trees either side provide balance. The windows and exterior wall finishes contrast well with the mid-tone wood and the porch will be a wonderful area to sit and watch the world go by. Going indoors there is such a warm and cosy atmosphere, the country cottage style used is perfect for this build. The open plan layout ensures spaciousness and it's good to see all rooms are easily accessible. I really love the soft blue colour scheme which flows from room to room and works well with the earthy brown tones of the wood.

Suggestions: Firstly, please title pics in your slideshow. Regarding the build I felt it was in need of clutter items, wall hangings, curtains, plants, etc to make it more homely. If the budget is tight there are many free debug items which could be used using the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects.

@xraygrl2004

Sim Challenge: Louise looks absolutely gorgeous and it's good to see her reading her beloved books in her new home. I really like how you've presented her wardrobe while carrying out various activities, she certainly has a lot of energy! I can see much thought and care has been taken in choosing her outfits which match her lovely personality.

@FidgetyAtom

Sim Challenge: Your presentation of Louise is first class and it's been a great pleasure getting to know her better. It's good you have given her the love of the outdoors trait and shown her enjoying various activities in the fresh air. She really is at one with nature! The outfits you have chosen are very appropriate for her shy and pleasant personality and her hairstyles have been well thought out to suit.

The Winner is of this challenge is ....

@LadyAlexiel

The Winner of the Sim challenge is ....

@FidgetyAtom

GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many thanks @CaramelLibra29 @abelhinha35 @Laebeth @linday for your kind congrats :)
    Congratulations @LadyAlexiel @FidgetyAtom fantastic creations :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    edited March 2018
    Congrats on Winning the Build and Sim Fairytale Challenge in the Starting Out Category @LadyAlexiel and @FidgetyAtom
    Post edited by CJSimmie on
  • LadyAlexielLadyAlexiel Posts: 123 Member
    thank you @masajo and @Ainsleyf and thank you @BuildnShare for the feedback, I'll be more careful next time. Congrats to the other winner :smiley:
    To see more of my creations click here.Or you can visit my sims 4 gallery
    HBmnvTh.jpg
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    edited March 2018
    aww yay!

Thank you for your grats. :)

And congrats to @LadyAlexiel for the win in the build!
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • leochick123leochick123 Posts: 78 Member
    Congrats to @gmcrozier, @linday, @masajo, @kilra0, @Laebeth, @LadyAlexiel and @FidgetyAtom! You all did great!

And @BuildnShare thanks for the review and breakdown. I will remember to title the pics from now on and I've started dabbling in the bb.hiddenobjects debug items so hopefully that'll help me in the future :)
    SLpPUp.png
    edited March 2018
    ESTABLISHED Results FOR #BNS88 - A Fairy Tale Cottage

@Kementari
    Wow – this little cottage is packed with charm! I love the gingerbread wood work and the rooflines. The landscaping is gorgeous. Love the combination of stone, wood, and stucco. The interior is exquisitely decorated with tons of detail and whimsy. I love how much you were able to stretch the tiny budget. Great job on blending in color which is so difficult to do in Sims 4. And great job on showcasing your lot – your interior pics are especially nicely done.

Suggestions: I truly can’t think of anything to add. Your Fairy Tale Cottage is just perfect for Louise.

@Mysticangel13
    What a clever idea to make this cottage into a treehouse! Great use of ponds, pools and rock elements to make your water feature. The walls you’ve chosen for the exterior really add to the cottage feel. I love that the tree is visible inside the cottage as well. Louise’s bedroom with hanging leaves and branches is sure to be a part of the cottage that she loves spending time in.

Suggestions: Save some $ for decorative touches inside. The interiors were a bit plain compared to the exterior.

@xraygrl2004
    Your Country Cottage has tons of curb appeal! I love the roofline and the ivy on the walls. Great choice of exterior wall materials and ample landscaping details. I like that you’ve included a little garden in the back corner of the yard. The wallcoverings and drapes you’ve chosen add to the country feel of the cottage. Louise looks right at home reading in her new home..

Suggestions: I would have liked to have seen a little more whimsy to address the “fairy tale” aspect of the client’s wishes. Also, try to include more clutter items to add even more personality to your builds.

@FidgetyAtom
    Brownie Cubbie is a dream! The landscaped front path is perfect, and I love the other landscaping details you’ve included in the front yard. This little 2-story home has an amazing roofline. It truly does look like a fairy tale cottage – most impressive! Inside, the charm continues. I like your color choices, and your creative use of the small space.

Suggestions: Not sure about a refrigerator in the bedroom, and I would have liked to have seen a bit more of the detail that you showed outside carried over on the inside.

@liel88
    The Woodland Fairy has such a charming look from the outside! I love your use of white trees to enhance your fairy theme. The turret on top of a tree stump is another nice touch, and I love the ivy on the front of the cottage. The fairy sculpture by the pond is just perfect! Your interiors are lovely. I love Louise’s reading nook. The floral wallpaper in the bedroom is divine, and I love the flowers and natural elements in the room.

Suggestions: The main roofline is a little plain in comparison to the rest of the build. Be sure to include shots of all your rooms. I couldn’t see the kitchen area in your slideshow.

@netxpre2. ☆
    I love the white and purple trees and the fairy sculpture – very charming landscaping! Inside is where this little home really sings. You have packed a lot of detail into this tiny space! Love the green kitchen, and the yellow reading area. The flower pots tucked in every corner really add to the fairy-tale feel, and I love that you’ve pulled your interior colors from them.

Suggestions: The stone fence is lovely, but using less of it would have freed up budget money for more living area details. Some more details on the outer walls would enhance the cottage style.

@linzlulubell
    What an adorable cottage! The pink and white flower beds are perfect, and I love the added touch of the flower boxes at many of the windows. The stepping stone path is a nice touch. Good use of different roof shapes, and I like the combination of sidings you’ve chosen. The back porch with all of its flower pots looks like a lovely retreat for Louise. I adore the secret reading nook! Nice color scheme, and I can see how this would fit Louise perfectly.

Suggestions: If you had built just a bit smaller, the amount of decorative clutter would be perfect. As it is, they rooms look a tad empty.

@maryjane2joe
    This little cottage is so cute with its happy yellow fencing and many trees, flowers and shrubs in the front yard. It almost had a bohemian feel to it. I can easily see a fairy tale character living here which is sure to make Louise happy. Love the ivy on the exterior walls. Good use of space and layout inside. Not an inch is wasted which let you add more decorative touches than might typically be done on this small budget.

Suggestions: You were considerably over budget on this build. Remember - the budget is gallery cost PLUS lot cost. Also, go into Live mode for most pictures to get rid of grid lines and make sure to provide pictures of the interior rooms from all angles.

SIM ENTRIES
    @leochick123 I like Louise's hair and her everyday look. I can see how your clothing and other choices convey your idea of Louise as shy and softspoken. I can totally see her curling up in her chair or on the bed in this outfit and reading a page-turning novel. Nice choice of her eyeglasses as well.

@CaramelLibra29 You describe Louise as a nerd, but this is definitely a modern nerd rather than the nerds of my childhood! Your Louise knows who she is and embraces her quirky side. I love the shot of her cosplaying with her friends! All of your clothing choices have an interesting twist to them that conveys Louise's unique personality.

@liel88 I love your shot of Louise in her home. She fits perfectly in this space. Your clothing choices for her reflect her humble nature, but the accessories also give her a bit of personality and flair. She is truly lovely in her close-up shot.

The Winners of the Building Challenge are...

3rd Place - TIE @liel88 & @Mysticangel13

2nd Place - @FidgetyAtom

Which means that @Kementari is our FIRST PLACE Winner!

@Kementari - you should consider entering as an expert in future challenges :)

The Winner of the Sim challenge is ....

@CaramelLibra29

Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks for being a part of #BuildnShare <3

GArBA5W.jpg
    OOoo Look who just got bumped! :D Contrats @Kementari You definitely deserve it, I love your builds!

Congrats to all mentioned! @liel88 and @Mysticangel13 I bet the judges had a really hard time placing people this time around. Every build was amazing!

Grats to @CaramelLibra29 For the sim win! What a gorgeous lady :):)

Thank you @BuildnShare for your help and comments regarding any build, they are highly appreciated <3
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    Yay! Congrats @Kementari , @FidgetyAtom , @Mysticangel13 and @CaramelLibra29 !
    Thanks for the congrats FidgetyAtom :)
    Thank you @BuildnShare for the feedback on my build, i will definately learn from this. I am not very creative with roofs, never really know how to make it pretty or give it a little extra. I will look for tutorials on building roofs and hopefully i'll make a prettier roof next time. ;)
    gZJwNIt.jpg
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR #BNS89 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - VIII

@leochick123

Simple But Spacious is a wonderful family home in true traditional style. The cool blue exterior provides a calm aesthetic feel to the house and the white trims are great contrasts. The porch is a perfect area to sit and watch the world go by or to rest after tending the vegetable patch, which you have designed so well using terrain paint. The interiors are wonderfully spacious and you have achieved many rooms on the limited budget. I love the kitchen design and how you have used different floor tiles to show division from the dining area. The family room in the basement is a big favourite, what a fabulous place to get together and have fun with the various activities here.

Suggestions: The hedging at the front borders the porch very nicely and adds attractiveness to the façade. However, this could be further enhanced with planted window boxes or a chimney on the roof for example. Regarding the interiors there seems to be a lot of wooden flooring in the dining area. I would have broken this up by placing a rug under the table or using different floor tiles to create your own design at a cheaper cost.

@leochick123

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2018
    Congrats @Leochick123!! and Congrats to @Kementari , @liel88 @FidgetyAtom , @Mysticangel13 and @CaramelLibra29 for the fairy cottage challenge! Sorry, guess I forgot to congratulate you earlier!
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    Congrats to @leochick123, @CaramelLibra29 and @Kementari for winning the challenge and the bump up! Woohoo! :smiley:
    and great to be mentioned @liel88 @FidgetyAtom @Mysticangel13 you all did an amazing job <3
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    !!YAY!! Congrats @leochick123 and everyone on the earlier challenges too!! This is so much fun!!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    Congrats to @Kementari - you really needed that bump - and @FidgetyAtom, @Mysticangel13, @liel88, @CaramelLibra29 and @leochick123!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats @leochick123!!! Such a lovely home you created for the Project!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS89 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - VIII

@Ainsleyf

Overall, your Affordable Family Home has lovely curb appeal. The combination of exterior wall textures combined with super interesting roofing make for a charming looking home. The judicious use of terrain paints and strategic trees, flowers and plants—not to mention the wonderful fishing pond!—make the perfect yard for a growing family. I like all the outdoor activities you’ve included, too. Inside, you’ve gone for the eclectic approach, and again, it works well for this family. Every member has a room to call her or his own, and there are enough clutter details to make the house seem like a home. Lovely work! :smiley:

Suggestions: Unfortunately terrain paint isn’t enough to qualify as a vegetable garden. If you’re not going to purchase the vegetable planters, than you need to buy vegetables and plant them in the plot you’ve created. And, although you’ve kept all the windows white (which is good) there are way too many window styles going on. If you could have kept the number of styles to two (or three at the most) the house would look more harmonious.

@gmcrozier

302 Lambert Lane is well situated in the countryside of Windenburg. The elegant simplicity of the architecture fits the country setting perfectly as does the landscaping. The small backyard activity area is cozy and inviting! Inside, you’ve made wise decorating choices—especially the white floors which make the darker wall colors pop. And the open layout of the main living areas will work well for the family. It’s great that each family member has a bedroom tailored to her or his needs. My favorite is the one for Chloe—it’s absolutely magical! Wonderful work! :smiley:

Suggestions: The black towels in the main bathroom just seem so somber. Maybe giving each person a different colored towel would have been more in keeping with the family. Also, be careful in taking your images if you’re not in cameraman mode. The stove hood disappeared in one of your images of the kitchen.

@linday

From the outside, Riverrest looks like a comfortable family home. The contrasting colors and siding add interest to the overall appearance. The landscaping is effective, especially the fenced-in backyard with the lovely vegetable plants and fruit trees (kudos for having actual plants growing!). On the inside, I very much like how you’ve used contrasting wall colors in all the spaces; it adds a lot of interest. There are lots of nice details inside, especially in the kitchen (wonderful use of MOO for the stacked kitchen cabinets). And the layout of the interior seems effective and convenient. Great job! :smiley:

Suggestions: The curb appearance of the house is very plain looking. It has a nice asymmetrical balance, so the symmetrical cypress trees don’t seem appropriate. I might have placed a larger tree on the left side, and perhaps a single window under the peak of the roof to add interest to the façade.

@mannanna

Windenburg Tudor fits beautifully in the old section of Windenburg. The architecture is interesting, but the landscaping makes the house absolutely charming! The open plan of the ground floor makes navigating through the interior a breeze. You’ve gone for mostly muted colors, but they work and each room seems well coordinated. I like how you’ve used the small spaces, especially the bedrooms, to their best advantage, and my favorite space is the family activity area at the top of the stairs. Cute little home! :smiley:

Suggestions: You said it yourself: you repurposed an old build for the challenge, and as a consequence, a lot more of your budget went to the architecture and landscaping than it might have if you had started from scratch. The interiors look a little sparse because of that. Still, you got an amazing amount inside. I might have changed the roof color to black or dark brown. If you look at all the buildings in the background, the ones with the brown half-timbered walls all have dark roofs. And the modern exterior doors don’t quite match the Tudor style.

@gmcrozier
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    Congrats @gmcrozier !! And everyone else too... I loved them each one and all being so unique :)
    285JXDb.jpg
    Congrats to @gmcrozier!!!
    edited March 2018
    ESTABLISHED Results FOR #BNS89 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT VIII

@ChaosSimmer86
    I love the setting of this home! And the landscaping you’ve chosen makes it fit right into its surroundings. The family will enjoy the many picture windows that allow them to take in the nature around them. Good use of terrain paint. I like the “stepping stones” you created around the yard. Nice use of color inside. Tile backsplash walls in the kitchen give a very luxe look! Even though, as you said, the furnishings are budget, they still look thoughtfully chosen and give a good overall impression. Love the kids’ rooms!

Suggestions: I always like to see a bit more in the way of decorative items around. Buydebug is a good place to find free or cheap items you can use to add visual interest when building on a budget.

@maryjane2joe
    What a grand Victorian-inspired home! And you’ve chosen the perfect, park-like setting for it. I love the pink accents on the exterior and the flower boxes with bright, cheery flowers. The gingerbread accents give the home even more Victorian flair. The interior is spacious and nicely furnished. There’s a clear color scheme in each room that provides visual interest without being overwhelming.

Suggestions: Strive to make a build like this as realistic as possible. How would the family keep rain, snow and critters out of the house with a stairway to the roof that is open to the outside? Also, you're over budget again. If your gallery cost is 44, 962 & your lot cost is 3000, then your total cost is 47,962. (gallery cost + lot cost = total cost)

@xraygrl2004
    This little brick home has plenty of curb appeal and charm. I like the roofline you’ve chose which lends visual interest to the front of the home. The landscaping is very nicely done, and I love the flower boxes on the front windows. Simple but functional back yard with the required vegetable garden which will help the family supplement meals. The children’s bedrooms are nicely laid out, and I like that you’ve given a bit of separation between them and the master suite. Nice choice of furnishings and floor coverings.

Suggestions: I would pull the roof down on the edges to give a bit of an overhang. Most IRL roofs have this, and it makes it look a bit more realistic IMO.

The Winner of the Building Challenge is...

@ChaosSimmer86 !

Congratulations to all the entrants, and thanks for being a part of #BuildnShare <3
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    CONGRATS to All of the winners of the BNS89-Hawthorne Challenge !!!! AMAZING HOMES @leochick123 @gmcrozier @ChaosSimmer86
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners and placers in the Hawthorne Challenge. <3:)
    Congrats to the winners! I didn't get a chance to look at everyones build, but I am sure they were amazing. Good job all!
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top