January 21: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!
January 15 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all new Simmers joining us over the holiday season! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 198 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I just got up, so I have not seen any of these early reviews yet.

    I am wondering if they did not think the death of a small pet would be that big of a deal. In the other games, if there was any upset about a small pets death it was very very miner. So miner, that I don't even remember the tears. You could not compare it to the death of a cat, dog, or horse. Generally a very small amount of tears, if that, and then they were tossed out with the trash.

    No but they reacted. They were allowed to have a moment to acknowledge it. As proven in my previous post.

    In this game it’s not even acknowledged. Not to mention the lack is called my first pet. Children tend to be emotional about their first pet passing. Part of growing up.

    Very fitting typo! :D
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,712 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I just got up, so I have not seen any of these early reviews yet.

    I am wondering if they did not think the death of a small pet would be that big of a deal. In the other games, if there was any upset about a small pets death it was very very miner. So miner, that I don't even remember the tears. You could not compare it to the death of a cat, dog, or horse. Generally a very small amount of tears, if that, and then they were tossed out with the trash.

    No but they reacted. They were allowed to have a moment to acknowledge it. As proven in my previous post.

    In this game it’s not even acknowledged. Not to mention the lack is called my first pet. Children tend to be emotional about their first pet passing. Part of growing up.

    Very fitting typo! :D

    Lol :p
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    NickSims wrote: »
    Again, I just don't understand any decision that was made for this pack.

    Pretty easy actually. Pets are always a big seller for TheSims. They saw the opportunity to cash in twice on the popularity of these packs, cut some stuff from the already pretty empty expansion and made a new, equally disappointing stuff pack out of it. The EP being so empty isn't new to TS4 but it plays in favor of EA here because that way people are longing for more pet content, even if it's just the tiniest little addition. That's also what I meant by a kind of Stockholm syndrome earlier. People develop a liking for their abusers who are holding them captive with their love for the franchise.

    And comment like this one are why I specifically said to actually think critical of things.

    Yeah okay I do understand all of that. What I meant was, I don't understand all of the decisions about the actual content in this SP. Hamster shoots up into space by itself, so many C&D items, no sad moodlet, etc.
    And I get what you mean with the whole Stockholm syndrom, but it's too harsh to call anyone that here. You don't know anyone here. Nobody is being abused or held captive by EA. Why mention that. Some people just love The Sims franchise a little more than others. It's nothing more than that.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Simmers, do your Sims love their pets? Do said pets add sunshine and rainbows and scratched furniture to your Sims’ lives? Do you want to add to their lives, too? Are you tired of reading all these questions? Of course you are! Let’s cut to the chase: The Sims(TM) 4 My First Pet Stuff* pack is coming soon, and it’s all about – you guessed it – pet stuff.

    ts4-sp14-official-screens-01-002-4k.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

    Your Sims will now be able to dress their cats and dogs in fresh outfits. Yes, it’s happening, people. Pet costumes are in the building. Your furry besties can now strut in style! Now that’s what we call a catwalk.

    But wait, there’s so much more! Keep reading here the full blog and watch the trailer below. Available March 13th!


    Share your thoughts and first impressions :)


    I hope it has stuff for Special Needs pets too... my dog isn't the only one in the world whose Special Needs and wears diapers... some pets have wheel-chairs. I just hope this pack has lots of stuff that actually go with the nowdays of today :)
    285JXDb.jpg
  • KBsimmer79KBsimmer79 Posts: 4 New Member
    I know it's a cash grab but I'd rather have that than the Sims 4 Store, let's be realistic the Sims 2 and 3 *BOTH* had a store and the points were kind of expensive. EA is a company at the end of the day and that means it's going to want a cash grab, at least with this one I can *AFFORD* it, seriously I'm getting the pack on Friday and I don't have to either wait months or not get packs at all. Personally I think this is a good system and yes, it sucks that not all the items are available if someone doesn't have pets but they won't have pets for two reasons A). They can't afford it and are saving up so at some point during an awesome sale they'll get everything or B). They didn't *WANT* pets. If it's the first reason then having stuff that I can see and not use would be a depressing reminder that I don't have the pack I want yet and once I get it then I'll get all the goodies anyway. If it's the second reason why would I *WANT* a dog sweater? Like at all?
    To add to this there's a really good reason to separate small animals into packs - some players want hamsters but can't stand/don't want the larger pets. By putting it into a separate stuff pack it ensures that everyone who wants them can have siamsters(sim hamsters), it's not that they handed us an unfinished pack or that they *JUST* want cash it's that it's more accessible this way. This being said if they pull it with Seasons I'll join the torch and pitchfork crowd but with supernatural creatures, small and different animals, and fun vacation adventures? Yes this is great. Keep in mind EA does try, like a lot, the way they did toddlers was worth the wait. In the laundry stuff there was a nod to a rather famous and nsfw mod and there is also the fact that this is one of the few titles that is not only stable but is playable sans mods and that experience I haven't had since I started with 3rd party content. I think EA needs a break or at least an understanding that companies like money, if you don't want it don't buy it, the sims 2 and 3 had a store that did *EXACTLY* this but with worse content/prices, and this is a pack you can get for 10$ that gives you a small pet and some decorative stuff because not everyone wanted/can afford the big pets.
  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 198 Member
    KBsimmer79 wrote: »
    I know it's a cash grab but I'd rather have that than the Sims 4 Store, let's be realistic the Sims 2 and 3 *BOTH* had a store and the points were kind of expensive. EA is a company at the end of the day and that means it's going to want a cash grab, at least with this one I can *AFFORD* it, seriously I'm getting the pack on Friday and I don't have to either wait months or not get packs at all. Personally I think this is a good system and yes, it plum that not all the items are available if someone doesn't have pets but they won't have pets for two reasons A). They can't afford it and are saving up so at some point during an awesome sale they'll get everything or B). They didn't *WANT* pets. If it's the first reason then having stuff that I can see and not use would be a depressing reminder that I don't have the pack I want yet and once I get it then I'll get all the goodies anyway. If it's the second reason why would I *WANT* a dog sweater? Like at all?
    To add to this there's a really good reason to separate small animals into packs - some players want hamsters but can't stand/don't want the larger pets. By putting it into a separate stuff pack it ensures that everyone who wants them can have siamsters(sim hamsters), it's not that they handed us an unfinished pack or that they *JUST* want cash it's that it's more accessible this way. This being said if they pull it with Seasons I'll join the torch and pitchfork crowd but with supernatural creatures, small and different animals, and fun vacation adventures? Yes this is great. Keep in mind EA does try, like a lot, the way they did toddlers was worth the wait. In the laundry stuff there was a nod to a rather famous and nsfw mod and there is also the fact that this is one of the few titles that is not only stable but is playable sans mods and that experience I haven't had since I started with 3rd party content. I think EA needs a break or at least an understanding that companies like money, if you don't want it don't buy it, the sims 2 and 3 had a store that did *EXACTLY* this but with worse content/prices, and this is a pack you can get for 10$ that gives you a small pet and some decorative stuff because not everyone wanted/can afford the big pets.

    I think everybody here understands that companies exist to make money. That's not the reason people are upset.

    But I agree that if you don't want it, don't buy it, and if you do want it, buy it and enjoy it.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,211 Member
    KBsimmer79 wrote: »
    I know it's a cash grab but I'd rather have that than the Sims 4 Store, let's be realistic the Sims 2 and 3 *BOTH* had a store and the points were kind of expensive. EA is a company at the end of the day and that means it's going to want a cash grab, at least with this one I can *AFFORD* it, seriously I'm getting the pack on Friday and I don't have to either wait months or not get packs at all. Personally I think this is a good system and yes, it plum that not all the items are available if someone doesn't have pets but they won't have pets for two reasons A). They can't afford it and are saving up so at some point during an awesome sale they'll get everything or B). They didn't *WANT* pets. If it's the first reason then having stuff that I can see and not use would be a depressing reminder that I don't have the pack I want yet and once I get it then I'll get all the goodies anyway. If it's the second reason why would I *WANT* a dog sweater? Like at all?
    To add to this there's a really good reason to separate small animals into packs - some players want hamsters but can't stand/don't want the larger pets. By putting it into a separate stuff pack it ensures that everyone who wants them can have siamsters(sim hamsters), it's not that they handed us an unfinished pack or that they *JUST* want cash it's that it's more accessible this way. This being said if they pull it with Seasons I'll join the torch and pitchfork crowd but with supernatural creatures, small and different animals, and fun vacation adventures? Yes this is great. Keep in mind EA does try, like a lot, the way they did toddlers was worth the wait. In the laundry stuff there was a nod to a rather famous and nsfw mod and there is also the fact that this is one of the few titles that is not only stable but is playable sans mods and that experience I haven't had since I started with 3rd party content. I think EA needs a break or at least an understanding that companies like money, if you don't want it don't buy it, the sims 2 and 3 had a store that did *EXACTLY* this but with worse content/prices, and this is a pack you can get for 10$ that gives you a small pet and some decorative stuff because not everyone wanted/can afford the big pets.

    I think everybody here understands that companies exist to make money. That's not the reason people are upset.

    But I agree that if you don't want it, don't buy it, and if you do want it, buy it and enjoy it.

    Exactly. Yes all companies want to make money. It's how they do it that matters, and stripping things to make SPs isn't one of the best ways to do it. There are companies out there making money precisely because they make quality content. EA has the money to do the same.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,712 Member
    edited March 2018
    @KBsimmer79 I get your point. But let’s say you don’t want cats and dogs for whatever reason. That person is still paying for cats and dogs content with this pack. They are paying for stuff they can’t use. That seems a bit wasteful. As a reviewer said he counted 58 objects and I think it’s 22 that are unavailable if you don’t have cats and dogs. He doesn’t recommend you buy it without cats and dogs and nor do EA.

    The attitude if you don’t want it don’t buy it is dismissive and not the answer. The fact that precious iterations had stores is different. They had additional content to an already full game with expansions. You could also pick what you wanted from a set and not get the whole thing and in my case with 3, watch ads and get free points. I have 8gb of store content with free points.

    But the main thing is actually, just because the sims 2 & 3 did it, doesn’t make it okay this iteration. And it’s not the exact same anyhow. You can play the sims 2 and 3 with no store content. I challenge anyone to play the sims 4with only expansions and no stuff and game packs for years as I have with the sims 2&3 before I got store stuff. I doubt they would last long.
    Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I may also add, I hate how they are removing content that deem too much, like a dang hamster dying...geez, when did the sims because this always happy place?? I swear I loved the old games ... I mean, they won't add burglars cuz it scares people..I admit the TS1 music of a burglar etc. scared me but I also liked stuff like that/..also how they fixed vampires from never breaking in anymore (SERIOUSLY?!)....why are people so sensitive nowadays??? Geez, it's ruining the original spark and quirkiness of the sims...sorry not sorry.

    Actually, Vampires should still be breaking in and feeding on Sims. That was clarified by SimGuruNinja. :)

    OH good that they fixed that, but I hated that they removed it for a little while cuz of people whining of it being too scary...so THANK goodness.

    Not sure if someone followed up on this but they never actually removed it. SimGuruNinja misspoke and then followed up with an apology thread.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    I bought a few packs where I did not want some things in them but wanted the rest. Particularly sps that in Sims 4, unlike sims 2 and 3 contain premium objects - yet at half the price of Sims 3 stuff packs. Like I did not want the premium content from Laundry day but I liked rest of the content - so I bought it. One pack I bought just for a hot tub, another the Ice Cream Maker, and another I bought just for the butler. For 10 dollars it served the purpose I wanted the packs for.

    Even the ep Get Together I bought because I like the pack but actually detest it's main feature of CLUBS. They remind me too much of controllers and Hive Mind attitudes - so I never use them - not ever. I paid full price of 40 dollars just for that one, and I am not unhappy with any of my purchases. My game is the way I want it as much as Sims 4 can be anyway.

    It is nothing wrong with people just wanting some features from a pack - look how many spent 20 dollars on the GP Vampires and did not even want the main concept of the pack - The Vampires - they wanted Build/buy items.

    So what is the difference here? Not a thing.

    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 198 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I bought a few packs where I did not want some things in them but wanted the rest. Particularly sps that in Sims 4, unlike sims 2 and 3 contain premium objects - yet at half the price of Sims 3 stuff packs. Like I did not want the premium content from Laundry day but I liked rest of the content - so I bought it. One pack I bought just for a hot tub, another the Ice Cream Maker, and another I bought just for the butler. For 10 dollars it served the purpose I wanted the packs for.

    Even the ep Get Together I bought because I like the pack but actually detest it's main feature of CLUBS. They remind me too much of controllers and Hive Mind attitudes - so I never use them - not ever. I paid full price of 40 dollars just for that one, and I am not unhappy with any of my purchases. My game is the way I want it as much as Sims 4 can be anyway.

    It is nothing wrong with people just wanting some features from a pack - look how many spent 20 dollars on the GP Vampires and did not even want the main concept of the pack - The Vampires - they wanted Build/buy items.

    So what is the difference here? Not a thing.

    Actually, what you're describing is the opposite of what many are upset about. You're talking about buying packs that you would agree are complete but that you personally don't use to their full extent. That's not the issue.

    It's not the fact that not everybody might be able to use the whole pack (although that's problematic), it's the fact that this pack obviously consists of what many thought was lacking in Cats & Dogs.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I can't wrap my mind around the explanation that there is no reaction to a rodent's death because it would be too negative when they added an entirely new Sim death with this pack. It's not even like the rodents don't die- they still do so there is that negative aspect.
  • OddzballOddzball Posts: 141 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    .
    These recolors are definitely patch worthy :D:'( Some of the CAS stuff is just recolors of old meshes. I'm sad. Should have just been patched in

    Someone (A Maxis employee) still put in time and effort to make those textures and designs. So should he not get paid for it? Im sure he did it on the clock, and billed the hours.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,346 Member
    edited March 2018
    I may also add, I hate how they are removing content that deem too much, like a dang hamster dying...geez, when did the sims because this always happy place?? I swear I loved the old games ... I mean, they won't add burglars cuz it scares people..I admit the TS1 music of a burglar etc. scared me but I also liked stuff like that/..also how they fixed vampires from never breaking in anymore (SERIOUSLY?!)....why are people so sensitive nowadays??? Geez, it's ruining the original spark and quirkiness of the sims...sorry not sorry.

    but they didnt cry for small pets in any sims game though I would like it if they did
    when my sims fish died in sims 3 they just complained of the smell

    I disagree. They reacted. Sims 4 sims are not going to react period. Little Hammy is gone and they don’t care one bit.

    I have sims 3 and no they dont it would be cool if they did cry over small pets but they dont

    My sims 3 sims cry over small pets (not fish I don't think) -- but birds and snakes and turtles ...they do.
    It isn't a cry that lasts all day. There is a sound about the pet dying and the sims "mourn". They hold their hands to their faces and sob.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,134 Member
    The ironic thing is all this controversy about the Stuff pack will probably make people more aware of it and might actually promote it more...
  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 198 Member
    Oddzball wrote: »
    Oddzball wrote: »
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    .
    These recolors are definitely patch worthy :D:'( Some of the CAS stuff is just recolors of old meshes. I'm sad. Should have just been patched in

    Someone (A Maxis employee) still put in time and effort to make those textures and designs. So should he not get paid for it? Im sure he did it on the clock, and billed the hours.

    I'm sure that person still gets paid. The sales revenue does not go directly to creators and developers.

    I mean the company getting paid, not specifically the guy. Look, I work for a team. Yes I get paid a salary, no matter sales, but at the end of the day, I have to account for my time. I cant spend a buncha time making free stuff to give to the customer. Thats just a ridiculous assumption. You dont just get to go to work and give out stuff for free. Could EA do it? SURE! They DO in fact! We get little freebies all the time if you look at some of the items in patches etc. We got the whole of toddlers for free even.

    But at the end of the day, I think its pretty plum to downtalk someones work as essentially something that should be given away for free.

    Oh, I didn't mean to downplay the work at all. I'm merely criticizing somebody else's (somebody who is much higher up) decision that this is what that person should work on as part of a separate SP. I'm not demanding anything for free but I feel like I already paid for this SP by purchasing Cats & Dogs full price.

    And in terms of recolors - they do take less work so why should customers be charged the same price for them?

    (I hope we still have our nice moment of agreement going! :) )
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 5,131 Member
    Oddzball wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Oddzball wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I bought a few packs where I did not want some things in them but wanted the rest. Particularly sps that in Sims 4, unlike sims 2 and 3 contain premium objects - yet at half the price of Sims 3 stuff packs. Like I did not want the premium content from Laundry day but I liked rest of the content - so I bought it. One pack I bought just for a hot tub, another the Ice Cream Maker, and another I bought just for the butler. For 10 dollars it served the purpose I wanted the packs for.

    Even the ep Get Together I bought because I like the pack but actually detest it's main feature of CLUBS. They remind me too much of controllers and Hive Mind attitudes - so I never use them - not ever. I paid full price of 40 dollars just for that one, and I am not unhappy with any of my purchases. My game is the way I want it as much as Sims 4 can be anyway.

    It is nothing wrong with people just wanting some features from a pack - look how many spent 20 dollars on the GP Vampires and did not even want the main concept of the pack - The Vampires - they wanted Build/buy items.

    So what is the difference here? Not a thing.

    Actually, what you're describing is the opposite of what many are upset about. You're talking about buying packs that you would agree are complete but that you personally don't use to their full extent. That's not the issue.

    It's not the fact that not everybody might be able to use the whole pack (although that's problematic), it's the fact that this pack obviously consists of what many thought was lacking in Cats & Dogs.

    And all the more reason Graham and his sp team exist. As that is what he does - is make content simmers want that they did not put in eps - like things in all his sps - with occasionally things a lot of simmers have said were missing or they'd like to have. The ep team is not about to give their hard work and credit to the SP team. If you think that - you don't know designers and artists very well. Also keep in mind Graham also mentioned all the teams have access to third party artists etc - so it makes sense style and even coloring would be the same if the same people were contracted for the pet sp that did the pet ep.

    Who is arguing that the SP team shouldn't exist? SPs enable us to customize our games by picking and choosing what we like and what we will use. So far, I've enjoyed almost all SPs a lot. The problem with this SP isn't the content or lack thereof but rather the bigger problem it points to, namely EPs that are lacking in some regard.

    HEY! SOmething we agree on. Frankly the EP team for Sims 4? THey have been doing a terrible job IMO. Ive been dissappointed with pretty much all of the EPs. Every single one of them. If anything the GP and SP teams have been doing great in comparison. How is it that Jungle adventures and Vampire, which were $20 GPs, feel more complete and have more value (IMO) than a $40 EP.

    Hear, hear!

    *Raises 5th glass of wine. Drinks deeply.*

    I really like your avatar btw, do you have more pictures of her in CAS? I was thinking of trying to recreate her. Been meaning to ask since I saw it here on this thread. She looks kinda wild, but in a funny way.

    Hey, thanks! I actually took this screenshot from the original Vampires trailer, and the Sim is on the gallery under the Maxis creator, but I can't remember their exact gallery ID right now. But she's in the "Noble Vampires" group. Her name is something like, Inna Cents, hahaha.
  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 198 Member
    Oddzball wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Oddzball wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I bought a few packs where I did not want some things in them but wanted the rest. Particularly sps that in Sims 4, unlike sims 2 and 3 contain premium objects - yet at half the price of Sims 3 stuff packs. Like I did not want the premium content from Laundry day but I liked rest of the content - so I bought it. One pack I bought just for a hot tub, another the Ice Cream Maker, and another I bought just for the butler. For 10 dollars it served the purpose I wanted the packs for.

    Even the ep Get Together I bought because I like the pack but actually detest it's main feature of CLUBS. They remind me too much of controllers and Hive Mind attitudes - so I never use them - not ever. I paid full price of 40 dollars just for that one, and I am not unhappy with any of my purchases. My game is the way I want it as much as Sims 4 can be anyway.

    It is nothing wrong with people just wanting some features from a pack - look how many spent 20 dollars on the GP Vampires and did not even want the main concept of the pack - The Vampires - they wanted Build/buy items.

    So what is the difference here? Not a thing.

    Actually, what you're describing is the opposite of what many are upset about. You're talking about buying packs that you would agree are complete but that you personally don't use to their full extent. That's not the issue.

    It's not the fact that not everybody might be able to use the whole pack (although that's problematic), it's the fact that this pack obviously consists of what many thought was lacking in Cats & Dogs.

    And all the more reason Graham and his sp team exist. As that is what he does - is make content simmers want that they did not put in eps - like things in all his sps - with occasionally things a lot of simmers have said were missing or they'd like to have. The ep team is not about to give their hard work and credit to the SP team. If you think that - you don't know designers and artists very well. Also keep in mind Graham also mentioned all the teams have access to third party artists etc - so it makes sense style and even coloring would be the same if the same people were contracted for the pet sp that did the pet ep.

    Who is arguing that the SP team shouldn't exist? SPs enable us to customize our games by picking and choosing what we like and what we will use. So far, I've enjoyed almost all SPs a lot. The problem with this SP isn't the content or lack thereof but rather the bigger problem it points to, namely EPs that are lacking in some regard.

    HEY! SOmething we agree on. Frankly the EP team for Sims 4? THey have been doing a terrible job IMO. Ive been dissappointed with pretty much all of the EPs. Every single one of them. If anything the GP and SP teams have been doing great in comparison. How is it that Jungle adventures and Vampire, which were $20 GPs, feel more complete and have more value (IMO) than a $40 EP.

    Hear, hear!

    *Raises 5th glass of wine. Drinks deeply.*

    I really like your avatar btw, do you have more pictures of her in CAS? I was thinking of trying to recreate her. Been meaning to ask since I saw it here on this thread. She looks kinda wild, but in a funny way.

    Agreed. She looks like a fun Sim!
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    .
    These recolors are definitely patch worthy :D:'( Some of the CAS stuff is just recolors of old meshes. I'm sad. Should have just been patched in

    OK well that is an absolute disgrace. The kids desk was clearly a leftover from C&D, and these clothes are cloned meshes from BG and GT. SPs are usually high quality and valuable for money (especially 2016-onwards) so I’m surprised the team even wanted to put their name on it.

    I stand by what I said about welcoming additional cats and dogs content, but I don’t understand why they couldn’t have made an SP specifically for that (perhaps without a gameplay item) or just made a tiny $5 add-on with new pet clothes and pet furniture like the deluxe addition content. And I’d still personally be OK with paying for small creatures because I think they’re well done, but why couldn’t they have created new furniture and CAS items specifically for that pack? Why does it feel like this was a rush job? This only adds to the suspicion and ill-feeling from the community.
  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 198 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    .
    These recolors are definitely patch worthy :D:'( Some of the CAS stuff is just recolors of old meshes. I'm sad. Should have just been patched in

    OK well that is an absolute disgrace. The kids desk was clearly a leftover from C&D, and these clothes are cloned meshes from BG and GT. SPs are usually high quality and valuable for money (especially 2016-onwards) so I’m surprised the team even wanted to put their name on it.

    I stand by what I said about welcoming additional cats and dogs content, but I don’t understand why they couldn’t have made an SP specifically for that (perhaps without a gameplay item) or just made a tiny $5 add-on with new pet clothes and pet furniture like the deluxe addition content. And I’d still personally be OK with paying for small creatures because I think they’re well done, but why couldn’t they have created new furniture and CAS items specifically for that pack? Why does it feel like this was a rush job? This only adds to the suspicion and ill-feeling from the community.

    Good points!
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    NickSims wrote: »
    Again, I just don't understand any decision that was made for this pack.

    Pretty easy actually. Pets are always a big seller for TheSims. They saw the opportunity to cash in twice on the popularity of these packs, cut some stuff from the already pretty empty expansion and made a new, equally disappointing stuff pack out of it. The EP being so empty isn't new to TS4 but it plays in favor of EA here because that way people are longing for more pet content, even if it's just the tiniest little addition. That's also what I meant by a kind of Stockholm syndrome earlier. People develop a liking for their abusers who are holding them captive with their love for the franchise.

    And comment like this one are why I specifically said to actually think critical of things.
    ebuchala wrote: »

    Or, hey, maybe they like the game, think the packs they purchase look great and feel they're worth they're money. Just because you and others don't like the game, don't like the pack or think it's some kind of scam doesn't actually mean that those who do are: suffering from Stockholm syndrome (really??), very young, being exploited, or buy things only because they "sound promising" (the descriptions and liveplays with the gurus are generally thorough enough so people should know what they're getting).

    There are way too many assumptions going on in your comment. Maybe dial it back a bit and focus on your perspective rather than telling others why they might be doing something and getting it completely wrong.

    They cut out stuff from the EP to create this pack, saying otherwise they would've had to leave out elements like the vet career. Not only was the vet career a recycling of the GTW doctor career as well as the retail system and thus a lot more cost efficient and easy to create for them but if they were clearly able to provide players with more content in the past then something is wrong. Cats and Dogs together with MFP is still not as big as Pets for TS3 even if some of the features are different. So yes, it is a scam if they're trying to sell you less for more. I don't have to "think" it is one when I can look at the facts and see it.

    The majority of people playing The Sims, or TS4 at least are teens/young adults. That's who they market towards. If I as a 19 year old look through their twitter and see a bunch of silly hashtags and "crazy" gifs with loud colors like I'm on Disney Channel, I know it's marketed towards people younger than me. Not to mention the title of this SP.

    One thing I'm regretting is not wording the "sounds promising" part better because that's what I meant with people genuinely being excited for packs of this game. Also, don't go around talking about assumptions. I never said I hate the game. I have a lot of negative opinions about it, yes. But at this point it's more of a neutral feeling with a hint of dissapointment. I do also get excited for packs, like Jungle Adventure. Really cool aesthetics, fantastic build mode imo, CAS added some options I have been longing for for quite some time. Then I saw the gameplay and was shocked at how dumbed down and boring it was compared to TS3 WA and even those puzzles weren't all that challenging.

    Btw the whole "it's your flawed perspective, not mine" ordeal seems a bit like projection. I do a lot of self reflection but you dismissing every point I made without any actual reasoning behind it and just saying "no, WRONG" just makes it look like you don't want to challenge your own views. If you have something to challenge mine, I'd be more than willing to read them.

    The points you made that I was addressing are that you seem to believe that anyone who likes this pack has some kind of mental issue (Stockhom syndrome--and, again, I have to ask "really?" you think it's appropriate to equate a videogame preference to something as serious and dangerous as that?), is too young to know better (trust me I haven't been young in quite awhile), is being exploited (which is hard to refute since it doesn't matter whether I don't believe I am or not, you or anyone else who aren't interested in the pack may believe it and nothing I say will change that), or that I make buying choices without all the facts ("just on a promise of the pack being good"). The point I was addressing is that you're assumptions are wrong. Not sure what else you want me to address regarding the part of your comment that I found disturbing.

    Your follow up comment about wanting people to think critically just continues to insult since you're implying that I'm lacking in critical thinking because I didn't address everything in your comment--I removed parts of your comment because I was focusing on the part I addressed.

    You state personal opinions as if they're facts ("So yes, it is a scam if they're trying to sell you less for more. I don't have to "think" it is one when I can look at the facts and see it."). A scam is something dishonest, a fraud or swindle.

    1. EA isn't selling the packs for more that I'm aware of. I seem to recall EPs in TS3 costing $40, as well.
    2. Just because someone sells something for more that doesn't include as much doesn't automatically make it a scam. I just bought an 8.5oz bottle of balsamic vinegar last week for $18. I can buy a 16 oz bottle for under $5, if I want. Do you think they were scamming me? Do you think I know what I was buying? Do you think I made the choice to purchase it? A scam would be the company that makes the $5 bottle of balsamic vinegar packages it like the $18 bottle and charges me for that. The EP we got wasn't called Pets and they had live streams and details about what was being offered. There's no scam involved in that.
    3. You state that they removed stuff from the EP so they could sell it separately. Where did you get your information for this? I believe one of the gurus very specifically stated they didn't and don't do that. So, unless you have some kind of inside information, you cannot know this.
    4. Yet you can look at the "facts" and see that they're scamming us. This is an opinion. It's not based on facts.

    Your explanation about the target age for the game is pointless because there are all ages who play the game and who chat on the forums so focusing on one demographic is inappropriate and inaccurate since you have no way of knowing who you're speaking to or about.

    Finally, I never said anywhere that you hated the game so I'm not sure where that came from but please don't put words in my mouth. I don't really understand your comment about self-reflection but your statements were all opinions and conjecture so I don't really feel like it's on me to refute the comments. I know I'm not suffering from Stockholm syndrom, not young, not exploited and not buying a pack based solely on promises so me saying, "You're wrong" should suffice. You're the person stating those things are true so you're the person that needs to prove them.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • ZakkiyahZZakkiyahZ Posts: 3 New Member
    I saw Vixella make a video about it, it doesn't have a lot of content in it items wise but the clothes and hairs it comes with are super cute. I also like the fact that there is an exotic animal you can get, but I don't see the point of releasing the animal unless you just want it for the moodlet you get. You can't get the animal back and all it does is release it to the wild, so I don't see the point of that. It seems like a kid game pack tbh, with all the kid like stuff you get with the pack
  • SylvanGladiatorSylvanGladiator Posts: 74 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    The ironic thing is all this controversy about the Stuff pack will probably make people more aware of it and might actually promote it more...

    Which could be a good thing or a bad thing. If casual players become more aware of what EA is doing with this pack, it might make the average player more critical of future packs that attempt to do the same thing
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top