Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited March 2018
    I may also add, I hate how they are removing content that deem too much, like a dang hamster dying...geez, when did the sims because this always happy place?? I swear I loved the old games ... I mean, they won't add burglars cuz it scares people..I admit the TS1 music of a burglar etc. scared me but I also liked stuff like that/..also how they fixed vampires from never breaking in anymore (SERIOUSLY?!)....why are people so sensitive nowadays??? Geez, it's ruining the original spark and quirkiness of the sims...sorry not sorry.

but they didnt cry for small pets in any sims game though I would like it if they did
    when my sims fish died in sims 3 they just complained of the smell

But other Sims games didn't have a Sad emotional state.

ETA: not saying the others couldn't be sad (I hate when people say TS1-3 didn't have emotions) but my point is that there is an obvious mechanic here which has been used for all other deaths but was consciously declined in this case due to "negativity".
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I may also add, I hate how they are removing content that deem too much, like a dang hamster dying...geez, when did the sims because this always happy place?? I swear I loved the old games ... I mean, they won't add burglars cuz it scares people..I admit the TS1 music of a burglar etc. scared me but I also liked stuff like that/..also how they fixed vampires from never breaking in anymore (SERIOUSLY?!)....why are people so sensitive nowadays??? Geez, it's ruining the original spark and quirkiness of the sims...sorry not sorry.

but they didnt cry for small pets in any sims game though I would like it if they did

I don't know about fishes, but I'm pretty sure there was interaction on a terrarium to mourn in TS3. Can't remember if they did it automously.
  • Options
    OddzballOddzball Posts: 141 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    Terra wrote: »
    Can't WAIT for LGR to chime in on this one... I stand by what I said before - I'm disappointed in @SimGuruGraham for the decision to omit a sad moodlet for pet deaths. It's downright irresponsible.

100% agree with you. I almost cant even believe they would leave such a thing out... But, here we are.

YES I cannot wait to see what he says he's gonna have a field day!....But I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to not buy it...

Hey may not tbh. He hasnt really been a fan of ANY of the SPs for a long time as far as I have seen.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2018

I disagree. They reacted. Sims 4 sims are not going to react period. Little Hammy is gone and they don’t care one bit.

I have sims 3 and no they dont it would be cool if they did cry over small pets but they dont
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member

This is the Sims 4, they're supposed to build upon the things they did in the past not just do the same thing over again. One of the major marketing aspects of this game was emotional sims so getting sad over fish or hamsters dying should be a no-brainer but they didn't include it. Why?
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I disagree. They reacted. Sims 4 sims are not going to react period. Little Hammy is gone and they don’t care one bit.

I have sims 3 and no they dont

So do I (obviously) not going to argue. But they definitely do. Even sims 2 react. Not giving a toss is a first for the sims series.
  • Options
    Himynameis wrote: »

This is the Sims 4, they're supposed to build upon the things they did in the past not just do the same thing over again. One of the major marketing aspects of this game was emotional sims so getting sad over fish or hamsters dying should be a no-brainer but they didn't include it. Why?

I agree it should be there
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm seriously surprised that EA is apparently just going to ignore the negative feedback from Simmers on this forum, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr etc. A large part of the fanbase is seriously upset and they're not even addressing it.

I've said it before, but: if they don't even acknowledge it, this will destroy a lot of players' trust in the franchise.

Well that can't be said that they are ignoring it -- Because again, even in the walk through of the My first pets... that wasn't an appropriate time for them to do feedback on that, I admitted that a while back in the thread.
    I feel like they should of recognized it then, but I know they couldn't of gone back and forth then, that wasn't the purpose of that livestream.

They may be trying to figure out how to tackle this as we speak.
    Thou a lot of us think it may be very unlikely, but we really don't know.

I really hope they do, because you are right, if they don't, I agree it will do a lot of damage.

Edit to add: All we can really do is allow people to continue to give their feedback in the meantime. I know a lot of people across tumblr have a survey going that they are then sending to EA, for example. It's been interesting to see. It's got about 3k in people or more that have taken it.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member

I remember they did in The Sims 1. There was a unique death theme for fish and when a fish dies they would walk to the aquarium and then cry. I miss it...
  • Options
    Omri147 wrote: »

I remember they did in The Sims 1. There was a unique death theme for fish and when a fish dies they would walk to the aquarium and then cry. I miss it...

maybe someday they will do it again
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yoko2112 wrote: »

So yes, people will still swarm to future Sims packs. Either because they have some weird form of Stockholm syndrome, are very young and don't understand that they're getting exploited or just because the theme of the pack(s) sounds promising.

........So just telling them to go because you seem to like the direction the game goes and are looking forward to potential seasons packs is just friggin rude.
    Oddzball wrote: »
    Annnd.. this is my point. Because Its not just possible that I like the pack, and frankly dont really see an issue with it? Weve had far worse packs, trust me.

But nope, I must have "stolkholm sydrome" or be a child huh? Really? So yeah, when you take the attitude youre taking, where not all of us lose our collective minds over what IMO is a pretty minor SP, over $10, so we must either be mentally dysfunctional or a child.
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    You have to stop taking this so personally.

I like the content too, or well 40-50% of it, but I cannot stand the way it's released. If you don't see it that way, okay, but you must be able to see from how many different places and directions this very same feedback is coming? Even people who get the game for free are very reluctant recommending it. I have never heard them struggle through their reviews like I did today. We understand you like the pack, or I do, and it's your right to buy it and enjoy the hell out of it. No one should make you feel bad for it. But please let people be critical about this without taking it so personal. Because you know what? Companies need to hear our thoughts and if a very strong majority think: what the hell is this? Then yeah, they should hear it. They should hear it and act on it by at the very least never doing it again.

:D

Yup! No reason anyone should take that personally... at all!

:D

Sometimes I can't tell if people miss the point, or ignore it in favor of something else.

I didn't read that comment, nor did I make it. And I'm certainly not responsible for it, hence the repeated use of the word I in my comment, whenever I felt that was appropriate.

ETA: typing on phones is hard :(
  • Options
    I'm seriously surprised that EA is apparently just going to ignore the negative feedback from Simmers on this forum, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr etc. A large part of the fanbase is seriously upset and they're not even addressing it.

I've said it before, but: if they don't even acknowledge it, this will destroy a lot of players' trust in the franchise.

Well that can't be said that they are ignoring it -- Because again, even in the walk through of the My first pets... that wasn't an appropriate time for them to do feedback on that, I admitted that a while back in the thread.
    I feel like they should of recognized it then, but I know they couldn't of gone back and forth then, that wasn't the purpose of that livestream.

I really hope they do, because you are right, if they don't, I agree it will do a lot of damage.

Edit to add: All we can really do is allow people to continue to give their feedback in the meantime. I know a lot of people across tumblr have a survey going that they are then sending to EA, for example. It's been interesting to see. It's got about 3k in people or more that have taken it.

Graham did spend a bit of time on twitter answering questions and responding to feedback actually. You guys must have missed it? He addressed most of the complaints folks had. Folks may not have liked his answers, but he *did* respond.
  • Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member

No, I agree that the stream was not the appropriate time to make a statement on it. They should, however, have acknowledged it and let people know if and when there will be a statement. Because without them doing so it certainly feels like they're ignoring it.

It's definitely understandable that they're gathering information and thinking about how best to approach this. But, again, if they'd released a statement as simple as saying "We hear you. We will address this." (and I don't mean the moderators asking for people's feedback as that's not an official statement to the community), there might be more trust left once this thing is over and dealt with.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options

Graham did spend a bit of time on twitter answering questions and responding to feedback actually. You guys must have missed it? He addressed most of the complaints folks had. Folks may not have liked his answers, but he *did* respond.

Didn't miss it; I went through his replies. He just sort of skated around the issue.

(Also, if an official statement is hidden in someone's Twitter replies, it's not really very effective.)
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    link here

Sims 2 sims definitely mourn their small pets: my hamster just died. Click on the cage and there is an option to mourn for pet. Same as in sims 3 I believe. So let’s not pretend that the sims 4 is following suite, it’s not.
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member

If I'm right about that time, it was after the livestream ended that he really started responding.
    But not everyone watched that livestream so that's not a good way to approach most players. They should put out something official that the majority of angry consumers will see.
    and that may even mean across several social medias.

but I'm sure they will figure it out.

No, I agree that the stream was not the appropriate time to make a statement on it. They should, however, have acknowledged it and let people know if and when there will be a statement. Because without them doing so it certainly feels like they're ignoring it.

It's definitely understandable that they're gathering information and thinking about how best to approach this. But, again, if they'd released a statement as simple as saying "We hear you. We will address this." (and I don't mean the moderators asking for people's feedback as that's not an official statement to the community), there might be more trust left once this thing is over and dealt with.

and I agree with you on that as well. I felt the same.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options

If I'm right about that time, it was after the livestream ended that he really started responding.
    But not everyone watched that livestream so that's not a good way to approach most players. They should put out something official that the majority of angry consumers will see.

Youre correct. He responded in chat at the end of the live stream, but also he spent a bit of time on twitter. Though the answers he gave in chat are mostly the same as the twitter answers.
  • Options

Oh, I see. Thanks for pointing that out! I didn't stick around that long so I must have missed that bit. But like you said, that's not the best way to reach the fanbase.

I'll see if that Q&A bit is still included in the video on Twitch. Would be interesting to see what he said.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited March 2018
    I just got up, so I have not seen any of these early reviews yet.

I am wondering if they did not think the death of a small pet would be that big of a deal. In the other games, if there was any upset about a small pets death it was very very minor. So minor, that I don't even remember the tears. You could not compare it to the death of a cat, dog, or horse. Generally a very small amount of tears, if that, and then they were tossed out with the trash.

minor, not miner. I need coffee.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I just got up, so I have not seen any of these early reviews yet.

I am wondering if they did not think the death of a small pet would be that big of a deal. In the other games, if there was any upset about a small pets death it was very very miner. So miner, that I don't even remember the tears. You could not compare it to the death of a cat, dog, or horse. Generally a very small amount of tears, if that, and then they were tossed out with the trash.

No but they reacted. They were allowed to have a moment to acknowledge it. As proven in my previous post.

In this game it’s not even acknowledged. Not to mention the lack is called my first pet. Children tend to be emotional about their first pet passing. Part of growing up.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I've just found a tweet in another thread about oficial info, that I haven't seen before.

Now it's even weirder that they put work into such detail, but didn't make some little, weak sad moodlet...

Now, now, they just didn't want to focus on that kind of negativity. xD