Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims game is the best?

Comments

• ktorres08ktorres08 Posts: 14 New Member
    I've only ever played The Sims 3, but after researching the other games I definitely don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. It seems to me like the Sims 3 is probably the best game in the series. It has the most expansion packs, stuff packs and store content of any Sims game, and I've always loved games that have an open world. Being able to get out there and explore is so fun for me. The ability to create any style out of anything is AMAZING. And need I say that this is the only version that has horses and UNICORNS? You can even play the game as a unicorn if you wanted to... or a cat or an alien or a fairy :)

I've heard that the Sims 2 has the best relational interaction and the most heart, and that version did have wolves which TS3 doesn't have. I like the look of the TS4, but I've heard that it's really limited compared to TS3 (no open world, not being able to control pets, limited style options, etc.). Maybe I'll play the other versions sometime and find things that I like about all of them. But I'm pretty sure that TS3 will always be my favorite.
  • CatloCatlo Posts: 88 Member
    Sims 1 and Sims 3, I know Sims 3 it's full bugged, but using the correct mods etc it's working fine. The worst it's Sims 4.
    <3 My Wishlist : https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Catlo

My top 5 : http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16200302/#Comment_16200302

English isn't my first language, please don't judge me if you see spelling mistakes.
  • AlakeyAlakey Posts: 9 New Member
    Surely - TS3
  • kjkjkj123kjkjkj123 Posts: 51 Member
    I used to prefer TS3 over TS4 when TS4 just came out, because they didn't have any toddlers and hardly any expansion packs yet. But after all the things they have done so far, I personally am going to have to say that TS4 is my most favorite out of all of them. I feel like in TS4, it really feels "modern" because there are more electronic devices like smartphones that sims can use and take selfies with, and not to mention kids and toddlers using iPads, which is common to see nowadays. Speaking of toddlers, you can do a lot more with them than you could in TS3. They seem more realistic and more fun to play with than toddlers in TS3. However, TS3 gets a point for having an open world, as that is probably the best feature of that game.
    tumblr_mp33xbxIYg1rg0s30o1_250.gifBenzi chibna looble bazebni gweb
  • simgumdropsimgumdrop Posts: 77 Member
    Well, Sims 1 got it all started for me. I outgrew that and was happy to play Sims 2. OFB and Seasons were so much fun. Then when Sims 3 came out, I waited a bit to buy it, but had to have it. I still play it and love playing it. I just got Sims 4, so it's too early to tell which is my favorite game. I think I can't pick just one. They all have their pros and cons and they are all fun.
  • Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    sims 3 <3
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • Dima28934Dima28934 Posts: 3 New Member
    Ok Sims 2 is less laggy. Its good

Sims 3 has MUCH more things to do cuz of world adventures, into the future, and island paradise.

Sims 4 has the best graphics but it gets boring after a month.

Best is Sims 3 ;)
  • Macaire13Macaire13 Posts: 39 Member
    My vote is on Sims 3 followed by 2.
  • simfreakssimfreaks Posts: 38 Member
    From a creators perspective..

The Sims 1 was definitely more difficult to play game wise, the game allowed for so much freedom in custom content, as you didn't have to deal with polygon counts of the objects created, only the characters. The interactions were rather basic, but I loved creating for Sims 1, despite the difficulty with z-buffers. This game wasn't originally designed to have interesting characters, that came later when, and forgive me for not remembering whom to credit, two of the new female members of the team recognized the potential of what was supposed to be primarily an architecture and design program and they saw Barbie's Dream House. Thank you to them for that because their input definitely took it to a fun game level. The difficulties that came along with the game play, the funny little annoyances, made the game fun. "Oops, Bob Newbie peed his pants again."

The Sims 2 game play was lacking, I found it to be more of an annoyance than anything. Aspirations were the worst...hated them. And someone should've thrown water on the Wicked Witch who came up with that idea. Creating custom content with the details was difficult as 3D is limiting on that. I actually didn't play the game as much because I didn't like the way it played. Still the expansion packs were well done and inventive But still created for it and found more enjoyment in that.

The Sims 3, I felt they almost hit the mark with the custom content, however I found limitations as well due to the plug-in textures and the usage of vector art, which to me was a bit too cartoon-like and plastic. I did create a few things for myself, but didn't share them as by that point, I was not impressed with the art, but the game play was much better than it's predecessors. I am still not a fan of aspirations, as I do not aspire to eat a sandwich or look in a mirror to gain charisma and ...

By the time I got to Sims 4, I learned to ignore the aspirations feature as would rather decide what my sims should do, rather than be told what they want, because it's the whole part of the storytelling aspect that made the first game fun. I was disappointed with the lack of content in the initial release and the limited color options, as it really isn't that difficult to provide more color swatches, I felt like Maxis cheaped out a little in that department. While the animators did a fantastic job with creating some realistic movement in the game, the clock is still way off. I understand there are things we do in our day that are skipped over and perhaps they are trying to fill our time by extending things like eating etc. I liked that my sims could eat and do other things, however, I do not spend my whole day eating, and neither should my sims. Sometimes less is more and I find myself waiting on these long animation sequences just to get something done, or wait for an action to cancel.

I have played with making custom content for Sims 4 and made a few things, though at that time, I found the tools provided to be inadequate for what I needed to do, as I can't bring myself to release things I consider to be sub par. I may revisit them again to see what improvements have been made, as I have made a few things here and there, that I would like to improve. The only thing I ever released was a wheelchair through a forum request.

With the expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs, I still feel like each one falls short a little bit. However, I do also recognize the work that goes into creating a brand new object with new interactions, but would it be so hard to throw in a few more paintings with each one, as I found that area to be lacking, playing a vanilla game. Even the floor textures, stone, brick, tile... really!?? one color items with no other options? They did a much better job with Vampires, so I hope this won't be a continued lazy tradition.

Some of the furniture seems so eclectic and as usually the mood boosters for objects just drive me to use the same objects for each house. THIS FEATURE NEEDS TO LEAVE the game, and has needed to since day one. In the days where millennials are re-purposing items, restoring old furniture and making streamlined houses, shabby chic is in... Why should one bed be more comfortable than another because of the design of the frame, all you need is a new mattress. If "Moods" are here to stay, than perhaps we could have some upgrade options for furniture to upgrade the comfort, room score, etc etc

The Sims 5... Now that the wicked witch is gone, I hope The Sims 5 will stretch beyond. I don't want my sims looking too real, it's still Barbie's Dream House. I want to be able to make custom content without the headaches of having to wait for some 3rd party to make tools that work, because Sims 1 proved that the custom content didn't slow down EA sales, if anything, it boosted it. Kept people playing while Maxis was creating interesting expansion packs. I liked the idea of letting people plug-in textures for recoloring, but we need good bump maps and shaders this time. And lets get rid of tile maps, good collision models should alleviate the need for those, unless I'm missing something.

Well, I didn't have much to say LOL I've been pretty quiet for the last few years, but I'm still here.
  • OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    Seriously, I've been getting into the older games, The Sims 1 and The Sims 2, and I must say, I love them more than The Sims 4. I feel like The Sims 3 is its own league with the open world and taking evererything to a new level, but the gameplay in The Sims 1 is lovingly difficult, and The Sims 2 is containing some of my great memories. I have to play with CC only, in all of those games, but despite the graphics, The Sims 4 feels to be falling behind, as if it was the true ancestor to all those games, and The Sims 3 the true evolved champion. I'm starting to care less and less about the whole future of this franchise, unless it comes with something even greater than what they created in the past.
  • Catlady3Catlady3 Posts: 1 New Member
    The Sims has always been my go to entertainment source and I can’t really pick a favorite game but I find The Sims 3 being the most realistic game of the sims series and it had the most customization of all of them too. I love the open worlds of The Sims 3 too. Sure it’s laggy but other than that I think it’s great. The Sims 4 is cartoonish and unrealistic but I love it. I mean, no one would drop down and do push-ups but it’s funny. I love the emotions and create a sim in The Sims 4. People keep saying it is terrible and it doesn’t have a lot of packs but The Sims 4 isn’t finished yet and EA is still working on it. The Sims 1 is classic and it is great for nostalgia and I remember when my mom bought the Sims series for my brother and I loved it and had great memories. The Sims 2 had the best sims in my opinion. It seemed like The Sims 2 sims were real. I loved the cutscenes in The Sims 2 too. Again I don’t have a favorite Sims game but this is what makes the four games different.
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    edited March 2018
    2... Hoping for a 5 that will be a combination of them all... but it must be the sims in 2.. :smile:
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • simfreakssimfreaks Posts: 38 Member
    I would like to see them bring back the more old-timey feel of the original game. And I would love to be able to specify the time period that my neighbors would dress it. Seems pointless to dress up a Victorian family, when their neighbors show up in sweat pants,
  • SoFreeSoFree Posts: 1 New Member
    TS4 :D
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    TS2 will always be my favorite of the series. I have played it on 4-5 laptops since it was released. Especially University, my favorite EP ever.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    The Sims 3 is my absolute favorite! When I first played the base game, I was absolutely amazed by the open world and the map was HUGE! I'm thinking: "Oh my GOSH! You mean, my sims can go anywhere on this huge map?!?? WITH NO LOADING SCREENS?!??" I love having my sims just jog around while I sit back and watch the beautiful scenery go by - seriously breathtaking! You can't do that in any of the other Sims iterations. Also love that you set the worlds at different historical settings such as the colonial (Barnacle Bay) or medieval times or even fantasy.

The rabbit holes took getting used to - but I realized they were the physical version of when sims go to work in Sims 1 and 2. Also I felt that they were really useful for when you have more than one sim in your household. For the time that they are working, you don't have to manage them and can focus on other members of your household. But with Zerbu's AMAZING Ultimate Careers mod, I can send my sims to work and actually control what they do at work! And we also have the Ambitions EP which added professions and self-employment. I didn't like that the restaurants were rabbit holes, but with premium content from the Sims 3 store, as well as mods, I was able to create restaurants that you see and control your sims in.

I also absolutely love most of the EPs! My favorite is the Island Paradise EP because it added beach and water activities I never thought were possible like scuba diving! It is my absolute favorite thing to do in The Sims 3! I learned to create diving lots (thanks to SimsVIP) so I've created them in almost all the worlds I've played. (Pro-Tip: If the water is too shallow, just use the terrain tools to deepen the lot to accommodate the taller objects such as large seaweed.) I also love the other water activities, snorkeling, wind-surfing, boating around, and water-skiing. A lot of people complained about the lag, but all it needs is to make some adjustments to the world, save the changes and just play a copy of the saved game. When I start a game of this world, I only load up Ambitions and Late Night along with this Island Paradise (and maybe one more EP for variety) and only store items/CC that I need for it - this way, it plays so smoothly with very little lag. I also love running and designing my own resort as well as discovering new islands! I love this world SO MUCH! I find this EP for me to be essential because I like having water activities in my other worlds (and the ability to run a hotel/BnB/resort in those worlds too!).

I love that I can customize the worlds any way I want. For example, when I first installed Riverview, I hated it! I thought it was so boring! But once I started making changes to it so it's the way I want, it has become one of my most favorite worlds. I even added a diving lot to it for my scuba diving addiction (am also thinking about adding more although they would have to be pretty small to fit in those rivers....). All the action seems to be centered on the center island. So I moved the art gallery somewhere else and put my house there. I love that the area is always bursting with town life - lots of sims hanging out at the bistro, or the bookstore, or the supermarket at the corner or the reading room! Very easy for my sims to just walk a few steps and meet new sims!

And because the worlds are so customizable, they can be fixed if needed. The the only problem with Isla Paradiso and Bridgeport that caused lagging were the routing issues and lot design. But once they are edited, those worlds work well with very little lag. The custom-made worlds by simmers are even better because their creators took the time to make sure they ran well with no routing issues or badly made lots.

I also like traits which do make the sims unique from each other. I also like the wants system and goals. I feel they are easier to achieve than the system in The Sims 2 and seem more intuitive.

The Sims 3 also has an unpredictable element to it. It's like the physical version of the chance cards in Sims 2. One time, one of my sims kids was running a bake sale in the park. Not enough people were coming by to purchase baked goods from her (I only found out later that there is a mod that brings more sims to the table) so using Twallan's Master Controller, I invited everyone who was free to come to the park in hopes some of them will go to her table and buy some of her baked goods. Out of the 30 or so sims that came, I was disappointed that only 3 came to her table, BUT another kid comes up to her and was really mean to her! I gave her some nice interactions hoping to smooth over the conflict but the jerky little kids actually gets into fight with her! I was 🐸🐸🐸🐸! So my little sim, being a fairy cast a Hot Head trick on him to teach him a lesson - ONLY HE ENDED UP BEING SET ON FIRE! And he's standing next to a whole bunch of bushes, and they got set on fire too! So what happens? Pandemonium! All the 30 sims doing other stuff in the park besides buy baked goods from my sims came over and just stood there screaming and panicking! And because there were so many crowding in, some of THEM got set on fire too! Oh my GOSH! I wish I video captured it because it was hysterically funny and upsetting at the same time. My little girl caught fire as well, but if it weren't for Ma Bagley, she would have been turned into a sad little pile of ash just like the bully who beat her up and six innocent by-standers. The fireman and some sims with the brave trait came along and rescued everybody else, but it was the most surprising thing that ever happened! I had such a good laugh from it! So yeah, it is unpredictable and surprising a lot of times! It's never the same game even if you do over a saved game!

I also love the challenges people have come up with. I really love the zombie apocalypse challenges especially - SO MUCH FUN! Colonies are pretty fun too!

The Sims 2 comes in second place - I love the details that the devs put in: getting in and out of cars, going to restaurants meant having the maitre'd seat your sims, a waiter takes the orders, and a chef makes the food, running a business was more realistic and not simplified as it is in TS3 (and not much in TS4). Bon Voyage was my absolute favorite EP but Seasons was pretty great too!

The Sims 1 comes in at third place. It is still pretty amazing though for all the content it gave us and I just loved playing so much back then. Leveling up, getting married, and making money isn't as easy as it is in later iterations, but it was still doable and so much fun anyway. My favorite EPs were Making Magic and Superstar.

The Sims 4 is pretty bad and is a huge step backward. Even The Sims 1 is better it was so ground breaking for its time and the content was so creative and meaningful. Everything about The Sims 4 is so 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I bought ALL the EPs for TS1, ALL the EPs and most SPs for TS2, and all the EPs, SPs, and most of the Sims 3 Store items (and still working to get all of it!) for TS3 even if I don't necessarily need them. Know why? It's because this is how I reward game companies who did an amazing job on a game that brings me so much joy - with my hard-earned money. If EA wants more money from me to fund development towards Sims 5, all they need to do is offer new content at the Sims 3 store - the only thing I ask is that the quality of the items be as great as previous content they sold in the store. I'm really unhappy with the stuff coming out for TS4 (like that ball pool for kids, really?!??).

For The Sims 5, EA really needs to hire more creative and inspired people for it - I saw how small the developing team is for TS4. The previous iterations had much larger teams who were truly inspired and motivated (especially with The Island Paradise EP - I love who ever came up with that - so much kudos to you!). TS4 seems more like a money grab as there is nothing amazing about the EPs/GPs/SPs at all. So PLEASE, for TS5, PLEASE let it be the lovely thoughtful details of TS2 with the open world, CASt and unpredictableness of TS3 with improved graphics and routing. I don't really like the art style of TS4 with the goofy looking cartoons so please make the graphics more like TS3 but with better skins for the sims (like Navetsea).

So yeah, The Sims 3 is my absolute favorite! So happy that it is still around and loved by so many people! I really hope The Sims 5 will be a progression from it - maybe even invite back the dev team who made it so wonderful to work or advise on it - not so much involvement from the number crunchers at EA. I heard that it was very difficult for the dev team to code but I want them to know that all that hard work and effort is dearly appreciated by me and that their hard work gave me and a lot of other simmers many, many hours of joy playing that game!
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    I like The Sims 4 the best. It runs smooth with no horrible lag for me like I had in TS3, and I just like the sims themselves better in TS4.
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    edited March 2018
    My order of enjoying so far:
    1) TS2
    2) TS1
    3) TS4
    4) TS3

Even though first and second place swap with each other quite often.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    The Sims 3 is my absolute favorite! When I first played the base game, I was absolutely amazed by the open world and the map was HUGE! I'm thinking: "Oh my GOSH! You mean, my sims can go anywhere on this huge map?!?? WITH NO LOADING SCREENS?!??" I love having my sims just jog around while I sit back and watch the beautiful scenery go by - seriously breathtaking! You can't do that in any of the other Sims iterations. Also love that you set the worlds at different historical settings such as the colonial (Barnacle Bay) or medieval times or even fantasy.

The rabbit holes took getting used to - but I realized they were the physical version of when sims go to work in Sims 1 and 2. Also I felt that they were really useful for when you have more than one sim in your household. For the time that they are working, you don't have to manage them and can focus on other members of your household. But with Zerbu's AMAZING Ultimate Careers mod, I can send my sims to work and actually control what they do at work! And we also have the Ambitions EP which added professions and self-employment. I didn't like that the restaurants were rabbit holes, but with premium content from the Sims 3 store, as well as mods, I was able to create restaurants that you see and control your sims in.

I also absolutely love most of the EPs! My favorite is the Island Paradise EP because it added beach and water activities I never thought were possible like scuba diving! It is my absolute favorite thing to do in The Sims 3! I learned to create diving lots (thanks to SimsVIP) so I've created them in almost all the worlds I've played. (Pro-Tip: If the water is too shallow, just use the terrain tools to deepen the lot to accommodate the taller objects such as large seaweed.) I also love the other water activities, snorkeling, wind-surfing, boating around, and water-skiing. A lot of people complained about the lag, but all it needs is to make some adjustments to the world, save the changes and just play a copy of the saved game. When I start a game of this world, I only load up Ambitions and Late Night along with this Island Paradise (and maybe one more EP for variety) and only store items/CC that I need for it - this way, it plays so smoothly with very little lag. I also love running and designing my own resort as well as discovering new islands! I love this world SO MUCH! I find this EP for me to be essential because I like having water activities in my other worlds (and the ability to run a hotel/BnB/resort in those worlds too!).

I love that I can customize the worlds any way I want. For example, when I first installed Riverview, I hated it! I thought it was so boring! But once I started making changes to it so it's the way I want, it has become one of my most favorite worlds. I even added a diving lot to it for my scuba diving addiction (am also thinking about adding more although they would have to be pretty small to fit in those rivers....). All the action seems to be centered on the center island. So I moved the art gallery somewhere else and put my house there. I love that the area is always bursting with town life - lots of sims hanging out at the bistro, or the bookstore, or the supermarket at the corner or the reading room! Very easy for my sims to just walk a few steps and meet new sims!

And because the worlds are so customizable, they can be fixed if needed. The the only problem with Isla Paradiso and Bridgeport that caused lagging were the routing issues and lot design. But once they are edited, those worlds work well with very little lag. The custom-made worlds by simmers are even better because their creators took the time to make sure they ran well with no routing issues or badly made lots.

I also like traits which do make the sims unique from each other. I also like the wants system and goals. I feel they are easier to achieve than the system in The Sims 2 and seem more intuitive.

The Sims 3 also has an unpredictable element to it. It's like the physical version of the chance cards in Sims 2. One time, one of my sims kids was running a bake sale in the park. Not enough people were coming by to purchase baked goods from her (I only found out later that there is a mod that brings more sims to the table) so using Twallan's Master Controller, I invited everyone who was free to come to the park in hopes some of them will go to her table and buy some of her baked goods. Out of the 30 or so sims that came, I was disappointed that only 3 came to her table, BUT another kid comes up to her and was really mean to her! I gave her some nice interactions hoping to smooth over the conflict but the jerky little kids actually gets into fight with her! I was plum! So my little sim, being a fairy cast a Hot Head trick on him to teach him a lesson - ONLY HE ENDED UP BEING SET ON FIRE! And he's standing next to a whole bunch of bushes, and they got set on fire too! So what happens? Pandemonium! All the 30 sims doing other stuff in the park besides buy baked goods from my sims came over and just stood there screaming and panicking! And because there were so many crowding in, some of THEM got set on fire too! Oh my GOSH! I wish I video captured it because it was hysterically funny and upsetting at the same time. My little girl caught fire as well, but if it weren't for Ma Bagley, she would have been turned into a sad little pile of ash just like the bully who beat her up and six innocent by-standers. The fireman and some sims with the brave trait came along and rescued everybody else, but it was the most surprising thing that ever happened! I had such a good laugh from it! So yeah, it is unpredictable and surprising a lot of times! It's never the same game even if you do over a saved game!

I also love the challenges people have come up with. I really love the zombie apocalypse challenges especially - SO MUCH FUN! Colonies are pretty fun too!

The Sims 2 comes in second place - I love the details that the devs put in: getting in and out of cars, going to restaurants meant having the maitre'd seat your sims, a waiter takes the orders, and a chef makes the food, running a business was more realistic and not simplified as it is in TS3 (and not much in TS4). Bon Voyage was my absolute favorite EP but Seasons was pretty great too!

The Sims 1 comes in at third place. It is still pretty amazing though for all the content it gave us and I just loved playing so much back then. Leveling up, getting married, and making money isn't as easy as it is in later iterations, but it was still doable and so much fun anyway. My favorite EPs were Making Magic and Superstar.

The Sims 4 is pretty bad and is a huge step backward. Even The Sims 1 is better it was so ground breaking for its time and the content was so creative and meaningful. Everything about The Sims 4 is so plum! I bought ALL the EPs for TS1, ALL the EPs and most SPs for TS2, and all the EPs, SPs, and most of the Sims 3 Store items (and still working to get all of it!) for TS3 even if I don't necessarily need them. Know why? It's because this is how I reward game companies who did an amazing job on a game that brings me so much joy - with my hard-earned money. If EA wants more money from me to fund development towards Sims 5, all they need to do is offer new content at the Sims 3 store - the only thing I ask is that the quality of the items be as great as previous content they sold in the store. I'm really unhappy with the stuff coming out for TS4 (like that ball pool for kids, really?!??).

For The Sims 5, EA really needs to hire more creative and inspired people for it - I saw how small the developing team is for TS4. The previous iterations had much larger teams who were truly inspired and motivated (especially with The Island Paradise EP - I love who ever came up with that - so much kudos to you!). TS4 seems more like a money grab as there is nothing amazing about the EPs/GPs/SPs at all. So PLEASE, for TS5, PLEASE let it be the lovely thoughtful details of TS2 with the open world, CASt and unpredictableness of TS3 with improved graphics and routing. I don't really like the art style of TS4 with the goofy looking cartoons so please make the graphics more like TS3 but with better skins for the sims (like Navetsea).

So yeah, The Sims 3 is my absolute favorite! So happy that it is still around and loved by so many people! I really hope The Sims 5 will be a progression from it - maybe even invite back the dev team who made it so wonderful to work or advise on it - not so much involvement from the number crunchers at EA. I heard that it was very difficult for the dev team to code but I want them to know that all that hard work and effort is dearly appreciated by me and that their hard work gave me and a lot of other simmers many, many hours of joy playing that game!

This comment is everything. This thread can be closed now, because the nail has been hit on the head.
  • Renamed190318Renamed190318 Posts: 11 New Member
    Sims 3, but unfortunately they do one thing at a time, but this was before Origin and online downloading which is a downer. I found Sims 4 works if you reset the game to 32 bit finally after a year of fustration. Modifying Sims 3 taught me alot about computers, I love downloading new things for the sims, my favorite is lederhosen! I got locked out of the Sims 3 store (the official one) and it wanted my forgotten password to make a new one! That is crazy, I forgot it. Still locked out so wont be shopping there, urgh...
  • zobotxxzobotxx Posts: 10 New Member
    I have not played the sims 1 or 3, but I can say that after 64 hours of sims 4 I wanted something else. I got sims 2 uc, and I have played for 100 +hours already! Tell me why you can't go to Twikkii island or h&m in ts4? Haha, obsessed, and still finding new things after 100+. Only downside is I can't play on mac. Overall, amazing experience for ts2, deep, meaningful, fun gameplay. Sims 4 is boring, bland, and really shallow. Not at all fun. Not judging if you like ts4. Even the packs are boring after a week. Should have saved my 150 dollars!
  • destineepanicdestineepanic Posts: 20 New Member
    > @kjkjkj123 said:
    > I used to prefer TS3 over TS4 when TS4 just came out, because they didn't have any toddlers and hardly any expansion packs yet. But after all the things they have done so far, I personally am going to have to say that TS4 is my most favorite out of all of them. I feel like in TS4, it really feels "modern" because there are more electronic devices like smartphones that sims can use and take selfies with, and not to mention kids and toddlers using iPads, which is common to see nowadays. Speaking of toddlers, you can do a lot more with them than you could in TS3. They seem more realistic and more fun to play with than toddlers in TS3. However, TS3 gets a point for having an open world, as that is probably the best feature of that game.

I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of dissapointed to see the tablet for the toddlers. You're right, it is realistic, but I loved the thought of toddler Sims learning by various toys. Makes the children's room look decorated too. I do enjoy that the toddlers learn to walk, talk, and use the restroom faster than TS2, and they can nearly take care of themselves. But that is also the reason the nannys don't do anything except make a meal and sit on the couch. Didn't like that. One of my first familys in TS2 was a woman alone with her 3 toddlers that I created. I love that challenge, and that's how I play. It's not realistic for toddlers to be able to grab a full plate of blackened bass off the counter and eat it on the sofa. And I also don't see why a toddler is allowed to leave the lot on its own. I will say that it's cool that they can engage in conversations with anyone, and I can see why most people would enjoy independent toddlers. Super annoying that mine keeps throwing his food on the floor even when he's hungry! lol
  • exyurockexyurock Posts: 25 Member
    Honestly, my heart says TS2, my brain says TS3. Sims 3 is an awesome game when you own all, or most, of the addons, since pretty much a lot of them add a whole new level to the game (except for Sweet Treats, ya know we don't like that one!). Also, I had to upgrade my PC several times just to get them all to work, since we know what's the curse of TS3 (Hint: THE LAGG!). But Sims 2 is just a kind of special game, considering the year it was made. Freakin' 2005. Even Sims 4 can't reach the attraction system of the game, the graphics etc. CAS is great in TS4 though, and that's about it. Overall, Sims 2 is the best out of all of them, and I can't figure out why no YouTubers (Simmers) choose to play it.