Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Would Be Your Recommended Stuff Packs to Purchase?

Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
Am now going to be looking for Stuff Packs after getting my last two EPs (in June). Which ones would you recommend?

Evidently the poll doesn't allow me to go back at edit the poll itself - after it decided that it would post without allowing me plenty of time to complete the entries for the poll.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

What Would Be Your Recommended Stuff Packs to Purchase? 39 votes

SP02: Fast Lane Stuff Pack
12%
JoAnne65cwaddellSindocatTreyNutzSultanCanAli 5 votes
SP03: Outdoor Living Stuff
15%
EvalenKgaffParyKarritzking_of_simcity7TØP 6 votes
SP04: Town Life Stuff
30%
typicalgeminialanmichael1zagboorulesemorrillMyrrhawaMineWarsInternal_ChaosRedShoe7comicsforlifeIVXXXVIDomaticIncAlliandre 12 votes
SP05: Master Suite Stuff
41%
LaBlue0314AnmirlaJessabeansKATENESSMikezumiSimplyJenBuffyspikerCravenLestatlittlemissgogoGITTE2001KelvinjordandItsJanierbebasimpuzzlezaddictAmy7434 16 votes

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I like the furniture in HELS and use it frequently, so that's my first recommendation. Town Life is mostly rabbit hole lots to use in CC worlds, or to add to EA worlds. I rarely use them, but I do like the style. Master Suite stuff is great if you want lingerie for female sims, but it has little else. Fast Lane has some nice cars and garage themed items. Outdoor Living...I probably use those items for time to time but couldn't pick them out in Buy mode.

It really depends on how you play and what you think you'd use. Check out Carl's Guide. Carl's has a page on each SP which details all the items each has. That really helped me prioritize which SPs I wanted first and which I could wait on (I eventually bought them all over several Steam sales).

I like Movie Stuff too. I use the outhouse/all-in-one on community lots frequently, and I use the crazy movie outfits from time to time on sims.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I voted Outdoor Living because it's probably the pack I get the most use out of. I too like Fast Lane a lot, but I use more things from OL in my day to day sim life.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Master suite for sure!!! am not kidding that pack gets used constantly.Three of the female hairstyles are must haves and you see me use em all the time.

This is one MS hair

GiM6Gru.jpg

oJipPlA.png

This is one and my favorite MS hair

9wAuAxQ.png

kukbZth.jpg

This one,the outfit is also MS Stuff

rBsYICH.jpg

ALL!!! the lingerie is sooooo good and detailed.

Example of only one cause could blow this thread up

dCDZ2Tf.jpg

Master Suite :love: get your freak on pack.

The official EA trailer is done like a Vi**ra spoof commercial watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3puuNxeNnM

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Out of these definitely Fast Lane for me, I love a broader choice of cars (Master Suite as a close second, which is funny because back then I refused to purchase it initially because I thought it was useless).
    (overall I think Diesel is my favourite and most used one)
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited March 2018
    @JoAnne65 Will say I do love the heels in Fast Lane with the cute ribbon/bow,I way overuse them shoes :grimace:

And the motorcycles are cool.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I don't build or decorate so Master Suite would be my choice because I like to give my sims' daughters nice sleepwear before they leave the nest :)
    @CravenLestat Never realized those were from Fast Lane, or the dress (just went over to Carl’s to see what heels you meant). Turns out I use a lot more from that pack than cars <3

(have you ever used the cars as decor for screenshots?)
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited March 2018
    @Mikezumi Speaking of that I think as a public service to those not familiar with Master Suite you should take a few shots of one of your sims in a few of those outfits.you know for the new players that might want to see the clothes used in game.I don't know maybe ummmm whats her name ?? Elspet,yeah her she would be a good model.

Do it for the simmers they need guidance.Now go toss her in a garter and lace quit slacking :rage:

DfydFiZ.gif
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @CravenLestat Elspet has already flown the coop and I don't think my boys would appreciate being dressed in garters and lace :p
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @CravenLestat Never realized those were from Fast Lane, or the dress (just went over to Carl’s to see what heels you meant). Turns out I use a lot more from that pack than cars <3

(have you ever used the cars as decor for screenshots?)

Ummm give me a bit BRB ;) my screenshot army is huge.

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited March 2018
    @JoAnne65

Starting with this,not a Fast Lane bike but love the beast

3PoakDV.jpg

ldESRPm.jpg

goeA2Rr.png

Is this Fast Lane if not got a bunch am going through screenies now

td4HfCl.png

Z3kNRtL.png

P63fV0p.png

Ns2pAt4.png

Fast lane truck

f3HeSQ7.png

Fast lane car

uJaItTE.png

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat Knew it! Perfect <3
    5JZ57S6.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @CravenLestat Elspet has already flown the coop and I don't think my boys would appreciate being dressed in garters and lace :p
    Hey, I wanna see this. No wonder Fife almost never smiles, he's been waiting for you to do that to them! (just kidding, of course) >:)

But on that trailer. "Studies have shown the TS3 Master Suite Stuff Pack to be...a literal pack of stuff." LOL! :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited March 2018
    @JoAnne65 A couple vids of Fast Lane cars and simmy models,some reg cars mixed in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBHPfe5yamI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEJeMeasU7A

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat Amazing! (also love your choice of music in both, very supporting and fitting)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Outdoor living is good of you like gardens! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I’ve always regretted we never got an SP with garden plants and trees and flowers and ornaments...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @JoAnne65 Yes I agree I would have loved more plants :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited March 2018
    I love the stuff Master Suite added to my game. I don't think I could make an argument that's anywhere near as effective as the one @CravenLestat presented above. But even without his phenomenal color and pattern skills, I can still make my sims look great with these outfits. And I really appreciated getting more options for decorating bedrooms, as the game doesn't have all that many high-end items.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Elspet has already flown the coop and I don't think my boys would appreciate being dressed in garters and lace :p

@Mikezumi It's not for the performer, it's for the audience. Imagine how happy your sims would make their boyfriends if they *dressed up* for a special occasion. Or you could have them give each other wedding gifts, you know, something they could unwrap on the honeymoon.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited March 2018
    This game seriously lacks undergarments without the Master Suite SP. The female pieces are really cute enabled for maternity too. I really wish this SP also got the male garter outfit from the Movie Stuff SP in this pack... It would've mixed in perfectly.

"Seat of Romance" ;)
    https://youtu.be/kZG9KI-7o4o

The other SPs are good options too. I use at least something from all packs when enabled, no matter what.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’ve always regretted we never got an SP with garden plants and trees and flowers and ornaments...

The Bohemian Garden set from the store has lots of goodies for outdoors too. Including new plants and flowers.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Of those you listed, I use Master Suite, Outdoor Living and Town Life A LOT, and probably in that order as to how much, with MS being most. I've only recently purchased Fast Lane, and I am enjoying it but can't tell yet just how vital it's going to feel. Talking about others, I think if I had to narrow down to only one pack (not sure I could actually do that :o ), I'd pick Diesel. I like High End Loft a lot as well.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I like Master Suite a lot too. But I actually thought of the bathroom stuff before I even remembered the hair and clothes. :D I really like flowers and candles too. <3
    giphy.gif

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    KATENESS wrote: »
    I like Master Suite a lot too. But I actually thought of the bathroom stuff before I even remembered the hair and clothes. :D I really like flowers and candles too. <3
    Love those items as well. Oh, and the little window seat.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I'll have to admit that I purchase stuff packs simply because of certain CAS contents they have in there that's not available somewhere else. I'm strictly a EA/Maxis-match CC shopper and in my opinion, some (but not all) of the hairstyles made by EA/Maxis are actually pretty neat.

Back to the topic, if you want a variety of new sleepwear and some bedroom/master suite themed décor for your sims then feel free to grab Master Suite stuff. I like some of these items' design.

Feel free to check out other review videos on YouTube (I recommend LGR) before making the decision. I can't really say if Town Life stuff is worth it or not since I got it for free from EA (I still have a hard time believing that they actually gave it out for free) a couple years ago. Town Life stuff gives you laundry and some rabbit hole venues. A number of hairstyles and clothing for men and women and children are available from this pack as well.

Personally, I don't care much about cars. Some racing-related build and buy objects look cool and can come handy for storytelling purposes. The CAS content from this pack is... alright I think. Some people love it and others dislike it. You'll probably get a better image after watching reviewing videos online.

My favourite out of these three has to be Master Suite.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.