Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    CringecrewCringecrew Posts: 150 Member
    This is sad. A DLC for a DLC. Buying this would make EA think that it's okay to continue this kind of scammy behavior. DO NOT BUY IT! If you want it so badly, then torrent it. It's not worth it.
    latest?cb=20060827184625

• Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm not saying you can't be angry about it. Just don't keep complaining about it. There's a difference between not liking something and mentioning it, and endlessly complaining about the same thing for days/weeks/months/years like I see many fans do. I don't see the point in it, and it's not productive or healthy. Once is enough. I don't need to hear you say you hate something more than once.

It's silly to think that people who say 'move on' aren't passionate about the subject. I've been a Sims fan since the very first game, and I have purchased every expansion pack and some stuff packs from every game from 1 to 4. I am pretty sure that makes me some what passionate, but whatever I enjoy, or don't enjoy, I don't go around constantly moaning about things I don't like. I just 'move on' (the same way I am telling people to) and just do the things I like instead. I don't see the point in fans who always in the negative and talk about the same things over and over as if they have literally nothing else to do. It's just the way I am. Obviously some people just like to complain, but that's not my style.
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    edited March 2018
    lele62 wrote: »
    tobumon wrote: »
    I'm not saying you can't be angry about it. Just don't keep complaining about it. There's a difference between not liking something and mentioning it, and endlessly complaining about the same thing for days/weeks/months/years like I see many fans do. I don't see the point in it, and it's not productive or healthy. Once is enough. I don't need to hear you say you hate something more than once.

It's silly to think that people who say 'move on' aren't passionate about the subject. I've been a Sims fan since the very first game, and I have purchased every expansion pack and some stuff packs from every game from 1 to 4. I am pretty sure that makes me some what passionate, but whatever I enjoy, or don't enjoy, I don't go around constantly moaning about things I don't like. I just 'move on' (the same way I am telling people to) and just do the things I like instead. I don't see the point in fans who always in the negative and talk about the same things over and over as if they have literally nothing else to do. It's just the way I am. Obviously some people just like to complain, but that's not my style.

I'm not angry and I certainly do not hate the pack or hate the game. This has pretty much been an ongoing debate. I have been both negative and positive about this game. For example, I'm completely happy with Jungle Adventures.

As far as I can see, this has not been weeks, months or years. This thread began March 6th. Tomorrow will be a week.

To say that voicing your opinion is not productive or healthy is a fallacy. To bottle up you emotions, your upsets is far less healthy. Without the dark, how could you appreciate the light? Without the storm, how could you ever see a rainbow? How would any one know you are unhappy about something unless you speak up?

I hear a lot of "I" in this and "me/my."

I agree with @lele62 people need to vent to let it be known how they feel, and this forum was made for all of us to do it about this game. Most of us love this game, and most of us have had some positive and negative to say.
    A lot of us have been giving criticism, not "complaining." Of course some extremes have come from both sides, but that is what I've said previously "mods and Gurus" are here for, and also forum rules. Things that fall in the extremes based on those rules have been deleted or removed or modded.

A lot of forum users have been discussing things, and even giving others insight on the other end of the spectrum. Thou I am one that is not happy about this pack, I do understand more why some people in fact, do, by reading comments and listening and participating in discussions. There is nothing wrong with that, and again is what we are all here for in the end.

People deal with things in their own way, besides. What's one person's "style" will not be another persons.
    There is no need to tell people to do it your way. You can move on and let them do it their way instead thou, and accept that people are different than you, which I believe is another thing about this forum that is awesome and great despite the very different views.

We can still all talk about it, have different views about it, then move on the way each other wants to.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    So yes, people will still swarm to future Sims packs. Either because they have some weird form of Stockholm syndrome, are very young and don't understand that they're getting exploited or just because the theme of the pack(s) sounds promising.

Or, hey, maybe they like the game, think the packs they purchase look great and feel they're worth they're money. Just because you and others don't like the game, don't like the pack or think it's some kind of scam doesn't actually mean that those who do are: suffering from Stockholm syndrome (really??), very young, being exploited, or buy things only because they "sound promising" (the descriptions and liveplays with the gurus are generally thorough enough so people should know what they're getting).

There are way too many assumptions going on in your comment. Maybe dial it back a bit and focus on your perspective rather than telling others why they might be doing something and getting it completely wrong.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    tobumon wrote: »

The devs have told us to keep telling them. One of them literally said to keep yelling at them.
    "We’re already listening to fans and I want to encourage them to keep telling us things, keep yelling at us online. We love that. Not just from a business perspective; I’m a video game developer and I want to make the most fun game possible. Keep up what you’re saying and tell us what you want.”

I don't see any problem with telling them what we want to see or what we want changed. True, that feedback may not always come out as constructive depending upon levels of frustration, and the gurus have been guilty of that themselves in the past, we're only human (well, most of us :wink: ), that's bound to happen, especially with so many passionate people. In some cases, depending on what it is that we're providing feedback about, that ship may have sailed already for this game. Some thing can't be changed but that's still no reason to not keep stressing our feelings and opinions.

Some of us repeating the same things constantly have moved on. Onto the next pack, or we're already at the starting gate for the next game. We know it's not going to happen here, but if there's a Sims 5 after this then all these things continuously being hammered into their heads, metaphorically speaking of course, if they are listening, might just come into play.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    RadicalMissyMRadicalMissyM Posts: 41 Member
    If I had the money I'd probably just buy the cats and dogs expansion, but I wouldn't buy the pet stuff pack, I don't like it when people put their pets in clothes unless they need them, like this dog we were given had almost no hair and needed to wear a sweater in the winter or he'd freeze, and we live in Florida so you know it was bad. lol
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Share your thoughts and first impressions :)

My honest thoughts and first impression (after just now watching the trailer) -- this pack should be a freebie. :/
    Everything I'm seeing in that trailer should have been included in Cats & Dogs.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2018
    Finally some holiday sweaters for toddlers,children,cats,small dogs and big dogs. Saw it on Iron Seagull's CAS review. I like the new clothing and hats in general for pets. So many choices now.
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Finally some holiday sweaters for toddlers,children,cats,small dogs and big dogs. Saw it on Iron Seagull's CAS review. I like the new clothing and hats in general for pets. So many choices now.

Holiday items for kids, toddlers and pets should have been patched into the Holiday Pack not included in a paid pack.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options

Holiday items for kids, toddlers and pets should have been patched into the Holiday Pack not included in a paid pack.

Well even so I'm glad were getting them.
  • Options
    Watching CAS/P and BB reviews. Many Game Changers are pointing out the small amount of items and the huge amount of pets' clothes that are just recycled patterns from base game and toddler stuff pack. And yes it can be cute to some players to dress the pet as the human sim but there really are a loooot of recycled patterns.

Msny of these objects should have been in the EP. The most shameless example:
    Left: My first Pet desk and chair
    Right: Cats and Dogs (incomplete) room set
    Screenshot_20180312-112855.png

Also, it is really odd that you have to purchase a different but identical cage for each of the rodents. 4 cages, that are the same, for 4 rodents that don't even have any swatches themselves.
    - 1 cage for 1 brown and white hamster
    - 1 cage for 1 grey and brown hedgehog
    - 1 cage for 1 dark grey rat
    - 1 cage for a purple bulbasur or whatever that critter is called.

??????

I'm very confused as to why they went through with this at all. Nothing makes sense here. What was their thought process? Why did they decided it was OK?

Now objective numbers:

My first pet: 58 objects (including CAS/P and BB), from which 22 of them are only usable if you own Cats and Dogs. New gameplay objects: 1

Not being able to have but one rodent in a cage is disappointing I'll agree.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    NickSims wrote: »
    After watching some overviews I can actually say that I won't be supporting this.
    Even without all of the C&D, DLC for DLC, debacle I find this to be quite a lousy pack.

The CAS is very slim. I don't like most of the items. The toddler onesie is cute though.

The build/buy is kind of cute, but I don't see myself using it a lot of times.

The gameplay is also just so weird. The rodent is cute, but that's about it for me. There is only one cage, which looks nothing like anything I've ever seen IRL for pets like these. You can't grab your pet and let it run around the house. You can't have different colours for these pets. All of the pets are literally the same. The disease with the foam is kind of disturbing and gross? I do like that we have it though and that we have a new way to die. You have to give your pet a treat to prevent it from going on a rocket?? Like shouldn't it be the other way around? You can't have more than one pet in one cage! To own more pets you have to buy another one of these huge cages! Idk all of the gameplay just seems so childish and limiting.

And on top of all of this is everything regarding the C&D EP, which really won't make me buy this.

Everything in this SP just screams limits. It seems this like the history of TS4, but now it really also looks like the future. After last year and the beginning of this year I was quite hopeful, but now they've really damaged my trust again.
    Couldn't agree more. It's a shame we've come to this...
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member

I think the objects are adorable. <3 First thing I'll be doing is redecorating my vet clinic.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Wow, that's sad.

Now it's even clearer that it's a rip-off to anyone who'd buy this.
    Simmers without C&D would barely get their money's worth while Simmers with C&D would just pay more for what should have been in the EP itself.

I agree. As a reviewer said, this makes me concerned for the future of the franchise.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited March 2018
    > @Cringecrew said:
    > {EA_Lanna: Removed. Please review the forum rules}

I don't think it's fair to say "do not buy it" or especially "it's not worth it". I do want to buy it, and to me and many others, it is worth it. Just my opinion :/

> @Omri147 said:
    > catloverplayer wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wow, that's sad.
    >
    > Now it's even clearer that it's a rip-off to anyone who'd buy this.
    > Simmers without C&D would barely get their money's worth while Simmers with C&D would just pay more for what should have been in the EP itself.

I personally wouldn't consider it a rip off because it's something I think I'd really like, but that's just me :/
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited March 2018
    > @Cringecrew said:

> {EA_Lanna: Removed. Please review the forum rules}

I don't think it's fair to say "do not buy it" or especially "it's not worth it". I do want to buy it, and to me and many others, it is worth it. Just my opinion :/

> @Omri147 said:
    > catloverplayer wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wow, that's sad.
    >
    > Now it's even clearer that it's a rip-off to anyone who'd buy this.
    > Simmers without C&D would barely get their money's worth while Simmers with C&D would just pay more for what should have been in the EP itself.

I personally wouldn't consider it a rip off because it's something I think I'd really like, but that's just me :/
    At the end of the day it's subjective. If you like it, have fun. :)

I just personally see it as a rip-off for both parties.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    edited March 2018
    It's also suspicious that you can't filter My First Pet in CAS. Deligracy's video showed that you can only filter C&D.

Edit: I mean you can't filter in create a pet!
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• Options
    It's also suspicious that you can't filter My First Pet in CAS. Deligracy's video showed that you can only filter C&D.

Possibly a bug. Tagging @SimGuruNick