Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Mobile: What devices run it???

Comments

• SheraKinzSheraKinz Posts: 6 New Member
    Not an iPhone exclusive, It's only available if you have the budget for an iPhone 6. Wait, no- Sorry, I mean an iPhone 5s, because an iPhone 5c is SO much more lowly than a model that is a few months newer than it.

The Sims Mobile, Now Available- Free To Play!*

*Only after one easy payment of 10,000 dollars for a new iPhone.
  • YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    @Yelleb do you have enough space on your phone? I run the game perfectly fine on a Samsung Galaxy S7.

I have 8.5GB free. How heavy is this freaking game?
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I checked again today. If I Google Sims Mobile Google Play Store a link will come up to download it and if you tap that it says nothing is found. It's still not showing up in the Play Store for me if you search there. A link through EA asks for a mobile phone number but it I want to put it on a tablet so that won't work either.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I checked again today. If I Google Sims Mobile Google Play Store a link will come up to download it and if you tap that it says nothing is found. It's still not showing up in the Play Store for me if you search there. A link through EA asks for a mobile phone number but it I want to put it on a tablet so that won't work either.

Huh, it didn't ask for a mobile number for me. The only reason I have it on my wishlist in the Google play store is from the ea site.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Same thing here not compatible with my Samsung tab e
  • CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    It will most likely only run on the high end devices. I'm not complaining because older generations will limit a games expansion.
  • NautikaNautika Posts: 5 New Member
    I have a Samsung tab a and the reason it is not compatible and many others is because of the resolution. I side loaded it with Aptoide and it plays just fine but it is pixelated as the max resolution is not what ea wants it is B's that play store limits people even if it can be played like on the tab a just because resolution is not high enough to be crisp. I am almost sure most of u r running into that and hopefully ea will fix that
    [quote="Coreyblake;c-16370174"]It will most likely only run on the high end devices. I'm not complaining because older generations will limit a games expansion.[/quote]

Except some people's problem is resolution nothing more. My pad is only 1 year old it's only issue is resolution. Ea should release a lower res version like Sims free play which looks great on my par. I don't get why everyone is pushing 4k resolution when only a few people even have that setup anyways.

Huh, it didn't ask for a mobile number for me. The only reason I have it on my wishlist in the Google play store is from the ea site.

If I Google Sims Mobile on my tablet one site says The Sims Mobile Google Play. I tap that and get "Item Not Found Retry" At the same place there is a button that says install and that also produces "Item Not Found Retry." There's another one at EA.com>games>the-sims-mobile and that's the one that asks for phone number, country and birthday.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    Nautika wrote: »
    I have a Samsung tab a and the reason it is not compatible and many others is because of the resolution. I side loaded it with Aptoide and it plays just fine but it is pixelated as the max resolution is not what ea wants it is B's that play store limits people even if it can be played like on the tab a just because resolution is not high enough to be crisp. I am almost sure most of u r running into that and hopefully ea will fix that

It's not resolution. It's RAM and your devices processing speed.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    I have a brand new Galaxy S7 and the graphics look horrendous on it. :|
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Would it work on a Samsung Sky phone (I believe J3 but i might be wrong)? I can't find it in the app store anywhere.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
    [quote="Coreyblake;c-16370432"][quote="Nautika;c-16370253"] I have a Samsung tab a and the reason it is not compatible and many others is because of the resolution. I side loaded it with Aptoide and it plays just fine but it is pixelated as the max resolution is not what ea wants it is B's that play store limits people even if it can be played like on the tab a just because resolution is not high enough to be crisp. I am almost sure most of u r running into that and hopefully ea will fix that [/quote]

It's not resolution. It's RAM and your devices processing speed.[/quote]

Really because it runs fine only problem is graphics are pixelated last I checked ram and processing power had nothing to do with that try again
    Upgrade
    It has everything to do with it. That's why the resolution is bad :neutral:
    [quote="Coreyblake;c-16371005"]It has everything to do with it. That's why the resolution is bad :neutral: [/quote]

You obviously have no clue about the Samsung tab a it's only negative tech problem was it's horrible resolution which is 768x1024 it is running a 1.2 quad core so don't tell me it's anything but the resolution
    edited March 2018
    I have much of an idea... the tab A Is a low end device.
    Coreyblake wrote: »
    It has everything to do with it. That's why the resolution is bad :neutral:

And performance is what packs the resolution.
    I got some specs from EA support.

*GPU
    - Adreno 330 or Higher
    -Mali T628 or Higher

*CPU
    -Snapdragon 800 or Higher
    -Exynos Oct 5 or higher
    -Tegra 4 or Higher

*Specs
    -GL ES 2.0
    -Quad core processor
    -2 GB RAMe I'm not at all familiar

*API Level 16 (Jelly Bean 4.1)

So now since I'm not at all familiar with comparing components in tablets maybe some kind techie will tell me where my tablet falls short.I know I won't replace a completely serviceable tablet just to try SM but it might help when I buy the next one. Thanks in advance.

Processor
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 APQ8009
    Graphics adapter
    Qualcomm Adreno 304
    Memory
    1024 MB
    , DDR3 1600 MHz
    Display
    10.1 inch 16:10, 1280 x 800 pixel, capacitive 10 finger touchscreen, LCD, IPS, glossy: yes
    Storage
    16 GB eMMC Flash, 16 GB
    , 10.9 GB free
    Connections
    1 USB 2.0, Audio Connections: 3.5 mm jack, Card Reader: micro-SDHC cards max. 32 GB, Brightness Sensor, Sensors: accelerometer
    Networking
    802.11 b/g/n (b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
    Size
    height x width x depth (in mm): 9.5 x 253 x 185 ( = 0.37 x 9.96 x 7.28 in)
    Battery
    10200 mAh Lithium-Ion, Battery runtime (according to manufacturer): 18 h
    Operating System
    Android 5.1 Lollipop
    Camera
    Primary Camera: 8 MPix rotatable to front and back

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited March 2018
    @PHOEBESMOM601 If you look at https://versus.com/en/qualcomm-adreno-304-vs-qualcomm-adreno-330-450mhz then you can see that your GPU is inferior to the Adreno 330 which EA mentioned as minimum.

Also your CPU is only an entry level CPU for mobile phones and tablets according to https://www.notebookcheck.net/Qualcomm-Snapdragon-212-APQ8009-SoC-Benchmarks-and-Specs.169859.0.html So your tablet is either too old or too cheap.
    Erpe wrote: »
    @PHOEBESMOM601 If you look at https://versus.com/en/qualcomm-adreno-304-vs-qualcomm-adreno-330-450mhz then you can see that your GPU is inferior to the Adreno 330 which EA mentioned as minimum.

Also your CPU is only an entry level CPU for mobile phones and tablets according to https://www.notebookcheck.net/Qualcomm-Snapdragon-212-APQ8009-SoC-Benchmarks-and-Specs.169859.0.html So your tablet is either too old or too cheap.

Yeah I just spent about 200, two years ago to basically watch videos and play "time killer" games. I have my gaming laptop for games. I had just never run into the situation I was finding in the play store. I'm curious about SM but not curious enough to replace a perfectly serviceable tablet.

• Phantomlover1717Phantomlover1717 Posts: 64 Member
    > @Yelleb said:
    > Phantomlover1717 wrote:
    >
    > @Yelleb do you have enough space on your phone? I run the game perfectly fine on a Samsung Galaxy S7.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have 8.5GB free. How heavy is this freaking game?

Could you try the suggestions of Mai in this post: answers.ea. com/t5/Technical-Issues/Info-Compatibility-on-Android-devices/td-p/6678650
  • ashdreidashdreid Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been playing on my iOS but my android is running 6.0.1. It wasn't compatible so I got it from APKPure. But then it didn't save my progress. I don't think it is out fully on Android until March 21st. EA.com has a "BE THE FIRST TO PLAY THE SIMS MOBILE!" where you can sign up but then you still aren't able to download from the play store. I also tried playing on NOX with the apk and it never loaded. I hope everyone gets to play soon :smile:
    Not compatible means your phone is not able to play the game at the desired performance. There will be updates and the size of the game will grow. Stop being a dunce please. Anybody should know what that means.
  • CdlollerCdloller Posts: 1 New Member
    I can not even find game on my Samsung galaxy tab a tablet can someone from ea get off there 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and awnser us