March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses in Sims 4?

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Horse GP? Then wait for the buckets, brushes, halters, saddles in a stuff pack? Probably.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited March 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Horse GP? Then wait for the buckets, brushes, halters, saddles in a stuff pack? Probably.

You gotta give them some credit. It'll probably have, like, one of each in the GP. And then they'll sell an SP with more variants once people complain about the lack of variety of horse items.

/s
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • DBClaytonDBClayton Posts: 74 Member
    I'd be cool with that if the horses had costumes so they 'transformed' into cars.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I really loved horses in TS3. Unfortunately, I think they're going to be a waste of time to develop for TS4. Lots and neighborhoods are just too small to warrant bothering with them. A good reason to buy a horse in TS3 was transportation, and now with the closed world/instant transportation in TS4, there's just more reason why they should not bother.

Most of the gameplay horses offered in Sims 3 took place on a lot, so why can’t the same be done in Sims 4? You know horses could be used for something more than just transporation right?

A good portion of the lots in The Sims 4 are extremely small, at least, for me.

If they were to introduce horses in a pack, hopefully it'd be a farm pack which includes plenty of larger lots.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The Districts make lots much bigger.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Tynk wrote: »
    The idea of horses in TS3 was great, but the execution was horrific.Their pathing was a nightmare, even on home lots. Watching them make an 18-point turn to angle themselves to interact was painful to watch. And I'm not entirely sure they could do much better in TS4. They are huge objects.
    This. I love the idea of horses, but they were awful in ts3 and I have a feeling it would be very similar in ts4.

InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
    edited March 2018
    It irritates me when people say "We had horses in Sims 3; why can't we have them now?"

First of all, Horses weren't really that awesome in Sims 3. Which is understandable since it was their first outing.

Secondly, the answer is obvious - horses take time to code and animate. They'd even need their own section in CAS. You'd need to wait another year to have horses in the pet pack as well.

"I would trade in some of the quality of the pets to have horses."

That's a lie. A flagrant lie that such complainers really ought to be ashamed of. Yeah, I'm disappointed too. But no, I would NOT trade in quality. I would still rather wait with the knowledge that horses would be smarter and more fun in Sims 4 than just dumped in. And I don't believe that those people are telling the truth when they say they'd do that - especially since this time they wouldn't even be able to play AS them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    On the one hand, I think the large open areas of Selvadorada are encouraging that we could have a suitable world built for horse riding but I don't know if EA think there is enough demand for horses. I loved them in Sim3 and would buy them in a heartbeat. I think they feel they've done enough with pets though, what with an expansion and a pointless stuff pack. The only way I seem them happening is if we were to finally get a farm type expansion pack but I don't think we will - I think there are other iterations of packs they would want to produce versions of first such as Seasons and University.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    It irritates me when people say "We had horses in Sims 3; why can't we have them now?"

First of all, Horses weren't really that awesome in Sims 3. Which is understandable since it was their first outing.

Secondly, the answer is obvious - horses take time to code and animate. They'd even need their own section in CAS. You'd need to wait another year to have horses in the pet pack as well.

"I would trade in some of the quality of the pets to have horses."

That's a lie. A flagrant lie that such complainers really ought to be ashamed of. Yeah, I'm disappointed too. But no, I would NOT trade in quality. I would still rather wait with the knowledge that horses would be smarter and more fun in Sims 4 than just dumped in. And I don't believe that those people are telling the truth when they say they'd do that - especially since this time they wouldn't even be able to play AS them.

Oh, Loanet, I thought horses were awesome in Sims 3. Why did you not like playing with them?

I thought they were so much fun which is a main reason why I'd like to see the Sims 4 add them as well.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
    edited March 2018
    Don't get me wrong, they weren't BAD. It was cool that they were there. But we didn't have former iterations of horses to compare them to. They just didn't feel like pets. Not like the Dogs and Cats were. So if they can be better than living bicycles this time, I'd like it.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    I love horses in Sims 3 (also the wild ones). Never had issues with them either. And I never brushed my bicycle (nor tried to tame one or whispered to one or feed one or jumped through burning hoops with a bike). I think horses could work in TS4. They would require larger lots of course, or space, but they can do that.
    5JZ57S6.png
    People say there's nowhere to ride your horses - while obviously they don't work for just travelling from Lot to Lot, there are some really large areas since the Base Game. The Bluffs or the Ancient Ruins are large areas with small lots, the new District functions make the world larger, Granite Falls and Jungle Adventure could use something that saves you from walking everywhere.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    There’s a lot more possible for horses than riding. So that aspect - no open world - doesn’t have to hinder horses in Sims 4.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    I would love to see horses- but not in the same way sims 3 had it. I would prefer owning a paddock that the horse has to stay on. Or having to own a giant block of land in a new world that was created for a farm pack.
    They made cats and dogs more realistic so why not horses. Or even just having horse or camel rides at festivals or along a packed beach. :)
    I would love to see them but I wouldn’t be upset if they never made it to TS4.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited March 2018
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    I doubt it, with no open world, horses have no real place to do horse things.
    "No place to do horse things" so the open area every lot has does not count? what if they added lots built for horses with things like a race track and jumps. Sims 4 worlds cant even be designed to be the wild west no one rides their horse across town a open world is not required to have horses.

Its funny how super-stuck on open world people are. Like it needs to exist to do anything including cars, even though we only got open world in one series in the whooooole thing and TS1 and TS2 were just fine without it hahahahaha
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • michkath121michkath121 Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Loanet;d-936183"]I personally hope for Horses in Sims 4. Who's with me? And what might it be like?

Apart from that, I think horses WILL be in Sims 4, because it's another opportunity for EA to make money. I think, logically, they would show up coupled with some sort of "Pet Show" thing - for example you can take your Cats and Dogs to the pet show but of course you need both EPs. They work well together and deepen each other but don't require each other. It would also be nice to have a new farm-based world that would be great for roaming on your horses.

I'd hope they'd show in a GP but they'd require a lot of animating (like Cats&Dogs) so maybe not. Perhaps they'll be another EP with as much stuff crammed in as possible to make it 'worth it'. Perhaps that will be the pack that gives us minor pets that involve only "Pet" and "Feed" interactions.[/quote]

[quote="Loanet;d-936183"]I personally hope for Horses in Sims 4. Who's with me? And what might it be like?

Apart from that, I think horses WILL be in Sims 4, because it's another opportunity for EA to make money. I think, logically, they would show up coupled with some sort of "Pet Show" thing - for example you can take your Cats and Dogs to the pet show but of course you need both EPs. They work well together and deepen each other but don't require each other. It would also be nice to have a new farm-based world that would be great for roaming on your horses.

I'd hope they'd show in a GP but they'd require a lot of animating (like Cats&Dogs) so maybe not. Perhaps they'll be another EP with as much stuff crammed in as possible to make it 'worth it'. Perhaps that will be the pack that gives us minor pets that involve only "Pet" and "Feed" interactions.[/quote]

• michkath121michkath121 Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes I want horses in sims 4! It would be so awesome! Sims 3 pets had too many bugs in it. Maybe a horse expansion pack or a Wild West expansion pack.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Never really been a big fan of horses. I rarely played with them in TS3.

I can see why people want them though, but if they decide to not add them to TS4, I wouldn't mind.

Personally I'd much rather have smaller animals to take care of.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I love horses IRL and would love them in TS4, but only if they're nothing like the TS3 horses. Other than the already mentioned problems, they were way too time consuming. Yes, I know that horses IRL are time consuming and that sims take longer time than an actual person would doing something, but at least for me in TS3 I could either play with horses and do hardly anything else or play with the rest of the game. I don't want my game to be just horses.

As far as the world goes, I think it'd be best if they were somewhat confined to a world. Not saying that I want them to make it impossible to have horses anywhere else, but we don't need packs of wild horses roaming the streets of suburbia.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We need horses. How can they be in TS3 but not 4?

T3 was an open world where a herd horses or a horse and rider could roam around the entire world unobstructed. S4 is a smaller, closed world that would require loading screens to travel and break the immersion that everyone needs. I see horses being added in a vacation GP like a Dude Ranch in Death Valley where your sim could explore the entire world on horseback and explore a ghost town and/or old gold mine.
  • Lianimal_1Lianimal_1 Posts: 198 Member
    I would LOVE to see horses in Sims 4. The Sims 3 ones did a number on my computer, but I have a better one now, so it would probably be fine lol. I'm no tech person, and though I can imagine how hard it would be from a game designer stand-point, They have the TS3 experience and models to build on. It seems like they could do it. I like the idea of a vacation world or a farm world.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would like this it would go great with my sim who's a knight
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I really loved horses in TS3. Unfortunately, I think they're going to be a waste of time to develop for TS4. Lots and neighborhoods are just too small to warrant bothering with them. A good reason to buy a horse in TS3 was transportation, and now with the closed world/instant transportation in TS4, there's just more reason why they should not bother.

Most of the gameplay horses offered in Sims 3 took place on a lot, so why can’t the same be done in Sims 4? You know horses could be used for something more than just transporation right?

it would be so cute if kids could ride them this time
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    edited April 2018
    I would like this it would go great with my sim who's a knight

I wonder if they will make a medieval world? Like that of Dragon Valley but with castles.
    Post edited by jude72pla on