March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I can already tell that hedgehogs getting clumped into the "rodent" category is gonna bug me at first lol. They're definitely not rodents -- their teeth are way different! My own hedgepig River can demonstrate with style and grace:

reev_by_elemmele-dc5gfe1.png

Darn prickly vampires!

Regardless -- not long now! After watching the stream back I'm loving everything! It's so hard to waaaaait
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LemDoodle wrote: »
    I can already tell that hedgehogs getting clumped into the "rodent" category is gonna bug me at first lol. They're definitely not rodents -- their teeth are way different! My own hedgepig River can demonstrate with style and grace:

Darn plum vampires!

Regardless -- not long now! After watching the stream back I'm loving everything! It's so hard to waaaaait

I agree I'm counting the days
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I spent all day redoing the house I'm living in and I can't wait for my sims to get their first little pet! I have 4 cats in the house at the moment (couldn't give up the kittens) and I'm sure at least one of them will take an interest!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam

Darn plum vampires!

So cute!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I will do my usual tradition of celebrating with a pizza and hotwings from Papa Johns on release day.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I will do my usual tradition of celebrating with a pizza and hotwings from Papa Johns on release day.

no day off? usually you take release day off.
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    I decided to get a hampig too. I dunno what to name it yet.

Release dates fall on my day off. I'm off every Tuesday unless it's around the holidays.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Release dates fall on my day off. I'm off every Tuesday unless it's around the holidays.

i have adulting that day. just 2 hours though.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited March 2018

I like Papa Johns better when it's gone cool rather than straight out of the box for some reason. Do you have Dominos in America? Because they are my favourite takeout Pizza brand.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    @catloverplayer lol sounds like my kind of celebration.
    @Simanite some pizza does just taste better once it chills a bit, odd how that works huh, yeah we do growing up Dominos was one of my favorites.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited March 2018

Darn plum vampires!

No, they are not rodents. I think some people think they are related to porcupines, which are rodents, because they are both spiny. They are not. They are a separate family in the animal kingdom.
    Post edited by Katlyn2525 on
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    River is impossibly cute! I think they did address the generalization on stream and that they know hedgehogs aren't rodents but they lumped 'em altogether anyway for ease (I guess)
    6riwm5.png
    2 Days Left!!!!!!

We actually get it a little faster thanks to Daylight Savings Time in the US if you can call 1 hour faster.
    2 Days Left!!!!!!

We actually get it a little faster thanks to Daylight Savings Time in the US if you can call 1 hour faster.

I'll take every minute I can get! I'm so excited for little critters!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    After the livestream, I'm actually excited. I love the new creatures. Much more detailed than their previous counterparts.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    After the livestream, I'm actually excited. I love the new creatures. Much more detailed than their previous counterparts.

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    So cute!
    River is impossibly cute! I think they did address the generalization on stream and that they know hedgehogs aren't rodents but they lumped 'em altogether anyway for ease (I guess)

Thank you both! And yeah I totally understand it's easier that way lol. I'm not complaining -- I'm just glad we're getting hedgies!
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    No, they are not rodents. I think some people think they are related to porcupines, which are rodents, because they are both spiny. They are not. They are a separate family in the animal kingdom.

The animal kingdom is a vast mystery that's for sure!

Also I see talk about Papa John's and I'm so jealous?? By far my favorite pizza place, but ever since I moved across the country the closest one is a 30 minute drive! TT0TT
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    Well know that I have a pc that works Yay! I’ve got to get a cash card to purchase it tonight lol although know I kinda want papa johns pizza
  • lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    @LemDoodle Are hedgehogs hard to take care of? Because I want one when I'm living on my own so bad!
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
    lopithecus wrote: »
    @LemDoodle Are hedgehogs hard to take care of? Because I want one when I'm living on my own so bad!
    I wouldn't say that they're hard to take care of per-say? But they fall under the category of "exotic," so lots of research is definitely recommended! And I'd also like to recommend finding a really great local breeder. Lots of folks have trouble with hedgehogs they get from pet stores or shady breeders, and those hogs tend to not live very long. I can't recommend a hedgehog highly enough though! The hardest part for me was hand-taming mine, but it makes it so much better when they trust you enough to give you their sweet spikey snuggles ;u; For me it took roughly a month or two before River was totally comfortable. She's such a sweet little grumpy gal lol
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »

Darn plum vampires!

They are actually related to Shrews, Voles, and Ground Hogs.

They are not legal to own in all states. We live in Maine now - and they are not legal here. So I'm going to get one in game dog gone it! LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

1 Day Left!!!!
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    DYEerkPU8AIEi0x.jpg:large
    One more day, and I get to dress up Dex-Starr in more clothes!
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited March 2018
    Here is a countdown for tomorrows release.
    Europeans: please note that this time around, we are getting the pack an hour earlier then usual because the US changed to DST this weekend.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180313T10&p0=137&msg=Countdown+Timer&font=cursive&csz=1

Disclaimer: Release time has in no way been confirmed by EA, but time is instead based of previous pack releases and might not be 100% accurate.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/