Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim Needs A Woman and I Need Help!

I'll admit it, I am not understanding what makes one Sim attracted to another at all anymore. Back in the day it used to be things like traits, favorites, jobs and the sheer amount of time they spent together which would endear my Sims to another. Now-a-days, I have no clue what my little digital buggers want or are looking for in a mate.

I'm in Barnacle Bay and every female Sim my Sim meets, he has no interest in (according to NRaas) or if he is attracted (slightly) to them, they go out of their way to avoid him. The only female who came close to becoming anything to him is Odessa Cross, who he found to be gorgeous (8/10) on the Nraas attraction rating but, 1/4 on the attraction gauge! She is his oldest friend but will go out of her way NOT to go home if he is standing anywhere near her house when she gets off of work.

I really don't want to add another Sim to my game, I would like for him to find someone already there but things are to the point I'm going to have to start combing the High Schools to help him find a girlfriend (and hopefully) future wife. I have purposely avoided this not because I am against teen/YA romantic relationships, but because he is employed as a High School Simlish Teacher.

Here's what I'm working with:

Young Adult Male, Artistic, Brave, Green Thumb, Computer Whiz and Bookworm. Skilled in charisma, painting, athletics, cooking, gardening, writing & logic. His sexual orientation is straight (-1000 for males/ 100 for females). Oh, his LTW is Professional Author.

Does anyone have any ideas what type of Sim woman may peek his interest?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2018
    That is exactly the reason I don't play Barnical Bay, too many romantic problems. Just a suggestion, start up a new town that you have installed in your game, look through and find a few sims that look interesting to you, and save them to the family bin. Then go back to B.B. and move them in, then see how it goes.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited March 2018
    LOL! i was going to ask if he was attracted to the gentlemen! i see that is not the case.

I don’t have mods but with my Sims it seem everyone is attracted to a Sim with a few skills, especially charisma. It also seem to help if they have compatible signs. I have no idea why the poor guy is not getting more bites...maybe it’s the dang women and not him. He sounds cool to me....
    Post edited by Charlottesmom on
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I've seen some Sims have this happen. But not to my own . You could try ghosts even. Maybe you will have a beautiful corpse bride ;) craven often resurrects the ghosts . If you are at the point your going to pull your hair out then I would make 3 women,put them in a house, and immediately meet them . Hopefully he would be attracted to one or all three! Sorry I wasn't much help here
    Happy Simming!♥
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Try buying the Attractive LTR. (It's 15k points.) Most of my sims get it eventually, and it seems like everyone they meet thinks they're totally irresistible. This can actually be a problem sometimes, as they get hit on by married people and those way out of their age range, but I've never had a problem getting another sim to respond favorably to the advances of a sim with this LTR. As a bonus, it also gives a relationship boost to anyone new your sim meets after it's purchased.
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Thanks to all for your suggestions.

@LaBlue0304 - I may just have to do that if things don't improve for him!

@Charlottesmom - With the kind of luck my Sim (Bishop) is having, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm in a 'Cheaters' world. Married women have no problem expressing their interest in him and will stop by for a visit. However, single women will run like the wind! He did meet one woman who was interested in him, then I found out she has the 'Heartbreaker' LTW *sigh :(*!

@MemoriValentine - You were more help than you know, you've given me another option to consider. I would rather bring a Sim back from beyond than start using the local High School as a shopping ground.

@puzzleaddict - Not a bad idea, but he will have to wait a while to get it. He has less than 5,000 points at the moment.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I play mod free and sometimes I find the simplest solution is to move the two sims in together. A couple of days of them meeting over the breakfast table and him being utterly charming should do the trick. So get him to get interested in her, flatter her etc. I know you miss out on dates which is sad but at least he is not stalking her by waiting outside her house. She has no option but to go to her new home. One thing do check as far as you can that she actually likes gentlemen :) Good Luck and pics of the happy couple are always appreciated.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    @Bettyboop55 - I would like it if my Sim chose his own mate. I would definitely move her in (separate spaces, of course) if that was the case. So far, he hasn't met anyone which he vibes with and I don't want to force things upon him or her. I dunno, maybe the woman for him hasn't come into Barnacle Bay yet. Or, maybe if I stop looking she will find him. If he does find someone (or Vice-verse) I will definitely post pictures with the title 'Hallelujah! Finally!' :)

Here's a few pics of my Sim (the pirate thing was just for fun), the other is his plain ol' everyday self.

Bishop Bailey:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/66682158@N03/albums/72157692557005571
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Dang, want my simself? He's one good looking sim! :D
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2018
    @mw1525 Anyone in Barnacle Bay is attracted to Odessa *One of my fave townies period any world* <3<3<3 even the one eyed pirates notice her :D But several factors determine attractiveness

Trait compatibility
    Astrological sign
    A sims net worth $$
    LTRs
    Favorite Colors and foods
    Having mental based traits in general and several like

Artistic
    Handy
    Genius
    Natural Cook etc etc

Those traits above that are tied to actual skills help and several on same sim help even more.

EDIT: Sadly BB has one of the U*liest groups of townies in Sims 3 with rare exceptions like Odessa and a couple of others you will have to find out on your own

*Cough* Fountain Of Youth the reclusive elder 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with the stars on her face

:smirk:

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    I play mod free and sometimes I find the simplest solution is to move the two sims in together. A couple of days of them meeting over the breakfast table and him being utterly charming should do the trick.
    LOL I'm sorry, I know you are trying to be helpful here but do you have any idea how this would play out in real life if the couple in question were not morning people?

"Ugh, I hate mornings!"
    "Me too. And this coffee is too weak."
    "I'm tired of lowfat milk on my cereal, why can't we have whole milk?"
    "My head hurts. I hate mornings."
    "We already said that."

(awkward silence)

"Well, I have to go to work now. Same time tomorrow?"
    "Sure."

I ask you, is this really enough to base a relationship on? ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2018
    @mw1525 Just saying will not spoil with results do what my sim is doing below to her in BB.Just cause it's an elder maybe she is the one ?? ;)

6PLFBwd.png

And for fun cause I luff her Odessa

VrY2VkJ.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    Do what I often do: Let the sim flirt with anyone YOU think is attractive for whatever reason and be patient! That will work, and remember that they don't have to be the perfect couple. No such thing exists in real life anyway. :blush:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @Bettyboop55 - I would like it if my Sim chose his own mate. I would definitely move her in (separate spaces, of course) if that was the case. So far, he hasn't met anyone which he vibes with and I don't want to force things upon him or her. I dunno, maybe the woman for him hasn't come into Barnacle Bay yet. Or, maybe if I stop looking she will find him. If he does find someone (or Vice-verse) I will definitely post pictures with the title 'Hallelujah! Finally!' :)

Here's a few pics of my Sim (the pirate thing was just for fun), the other is his plain ol' everyday self.

Bishop Bailey:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/66682158@N03/albums/72157692557005571

What a handsome sim :) I'm sure it won't be long before Mrs Right appears. Look forward to seeing the hallelujah thread :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    @Goulsquash- Thank you.

@CravenLestat - I knew things like traits, favorites and the likes would help make a Sim attractive. However, I didn't know how much moolah...er...simoleons a Sim has were also a factor (okay, maybe for a gold digger) but an average Sim?? What ever happened to plain old 'love' (past physical attraction)?? I agree, the pickins' are slim in this town. BTW, the old 🐸🐸🐸🐸 woman left the world some time ago so she's off of the list. Thanks anyway.

@Cororon - I wanted Bishop and Odessa to get together, just based on how well they meshed when interacting with other. But, alas, when I sent him over to her house to initiate a few romantic interactions (just to get the ball rolling), I found out he was two seconds too late, she has already chosen a partner. Since I'm not going to bust up any marriages, I guess I'm going to add a few women to town.

@Bettyboop55 - Thank you. I only hope his 'Mrs. Right' isn't already married! In addition to the stream of calls he gets from his married female 'friends', he now has quite a bit of 'irritated husbands and boyfriends' showing up at his door ringing his doorbell! (I'd better get him to max his athletic skill, just sayin' :D!)
    edited March 2018
    For those who may be interested, here is the game's attraction formula (without mods intended to influence things). It's in code, but there's some English here and there. There is a fair amount of randomness involved, but we can also see the moolah impact further down. :)

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=4052680#post4052680
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Thanks, @igazor, for the link. It makes so much more sense why single sims just starting out can barely get the time of day from anyone, but happily married sims get harassed at all hours, often by other (allegedly) happily married townies. Or how my elder sim, with about 35 total skill points, the Attractive LTR, having long ago topped out in her career and finished her LTW, and of course being fabulously wealthy from all those money trees, would be getting calls from seemingly every guy in town the day he ages up. I guess it would also explain the teens being hit on way too much, as their families might also be rich, and they tend to have lots of skills already and are often self-employed in whatever hobby they pursue (and might well have completed their LTWs). A couple of questions, though, if you don't mind: What is this?

<kLikingBonusForAttractedSimsInRomanticSocials value="20">
    <!--Range: positive float Description: Bonus added to the relationship's liking value when calculating the suitability of a romantic social.-->

Does it just mean that the value of the sims' friendly relationship is added to the total score? (with that +20 bonus) So that two sims with a maxed out friendly relationship will get a +120 boost? That seems high, but again would explain quite a lot. Or is it something else?

<kAttractedLTRChangeMultiplier value="1.25">
    <!--Range: positive float Description: Multiplier to LTR gains for attracted sims.-->

<kAttractedRomanticSocialChanceMultiplier value="1.3">
    <!--Range: positive float Description: Multiplier to LTR gains for attracted sims.-->

I'm not sure I know what exactly these mean, either. And how are the LTR gains counted? Some of them require a lot more components to complete than others (i.e. learn every recipe vs. max three skills). Is it a percentage towards completion or something else?

And I know that just because one sim finds another attractive doesn't mean that a romantic advance will be accepted if the recipient is already in a relationship. Is there scoring for that as well? I always thought that it depended on either the total relationship value between my sim and the other, or the amount by which that value exceeds the relationship value of the recipient sim and his or her partner. But that's only because I overcame my sims' rejections by building the relationship more and then trying a romantic interaction again.

Regardless of the finer points, that was fun to read.
    edited March 2018
    A couple of questions, though, if you don't mind: What is this?

<kLikingBonusForAttractedSimsInRomanticSocials value="20">
    <!--Range: positive float Description: Bonus added to the relationship's liking value when calculating the suitability of a romantic social.-->

Does it just mean that the value of the sims' friendly relationship is added to the total score? (with that +20 bonus) So that two sims with a maxed out friendly relationship will get a +120 boost? That seems high, but again would explain quite a lot. Or is it something else?
    We don't actually see the attraction score between two sims. We only see their relationship score (-100 to +100, bitter enemy or whatever to best friend, red bar to green). That's not the same thing. However the attraction score is calculated, it is affected in both long term sustainable ways (the sims are partners with each other, they have meshing traits, etc.) and short term ways (sim A thinks sim B is extremely irresistible, one or both of of them are freshly bathed, cinnamon or romantic drinks are in play, etc.). I believe that the bonus to the attraction score mentioned here is applied if the short term romantic chain is deemed to be sustainable at that moment.

I'm not sure I know what exactly these mean, either. And how are the LTR gains counted? Some of them require a lot more components to complete than others (i.e. learn every recipe vs. max three skills). Is it a percentage towards completion or something else?

<kAttractedLTRChangeMultiplier value="1.25">

<kAttractedRomanticSocialChanceMultiplier value="1.3">
    Context fail detected. LTR here doesn't mean LifeTime Rewards. It means Long Term Relationship score (the -100 to +100 again).

We can kind of get close to seeing something similar to the actual attraction score that two sims have for each other and can demand an up to the moment recalculation of it, but that requires a command from our W-mod so it cannot be discussed here.

And I know that just because one sim finds another attractive doesn't mean that a romantic advance will be accepted if the recipient is already in a relationship. Is there scoring for that as well? I always thought that it depended on either the total relationship value between my sim and the other, or the amount by which that value exceeds the relationship value of the recipient sim and his or her partner. But that's only because I overcame my sims' rejections by building the relationship more and then trying a romantic interaction again.
    Yes, whether two sims are attracted to each other or not and whether they will actually act on it or accept actions on it are two very different things. I can't really go into the details of when sims will actually initiate or accept flirty and romantic actions, I mean real in-person ones not the Seasons patch initial potential for attraction nonsense or random date calls/love letters in the mail, because some of it again is affected by that mod we cannot discuss and some of it is actually beyond my pay grade to understand, so to speak. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @mw1525 , Bishop is a nice looking dude, you’d think the women would be pounding down his door (instead you just have peeved husbands... :D ).
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    @Cororon - I wanted Bishop and Odessa to get together, just based on how well they meshed when interacting with other. But, alas, when I sent him over to her house to initiate a few romantic interactions (just to get the ball rolling), I found out he was two seconds too late, she has already chosen a partner. Since I'm not going to bust up any marriages, I guess I'm going to add a few women to town.

Aw, she was already married, and you are too nice... ¬.¬ I would let them still be friends and maybe the other guy would become jealous and break up with her by his own, without you doing anything nasty... Oh, well! There are other fish in the frog pond! Yeah, I use to add more sims to the game as possible future partners for my sims, too. When I do that I never give them certain traits, but let them be "random" sims just to make it a bit of a challenge. :smile:

cUrfGkA.gif
    @Igazor - Thanks for posting the informative link. I have 'that which shall not be named' daily data (yeah, debugging is on) and his numbers are negatively impressive! I'm thinking Bishop is going to be alone for a verrrry long time.

@Charlottesmom - Thank you. I'm thinking of giving him a makeover, maybe he's too scraggly for the Sim women of the world. I know he's too geeky, all the man thinks about is books! But, I did discover one positive thing; he definitely does not want a teenage love interest! Oh yeah, last night one of those husbands (of the criminal chick) drove by, got out of his car, rang the doorbell, got back in his car and drove away :D!

@Cororon - No, Odessa didn't marry, she just found a man she wanted to be with, who happens to have two motherless kids (good luck with that, Odessa ;)). I attempted (and failed miserably) at trying to push things in the direction I wanted them to go by adding a Sim I had created for another game to his household. Well, Bishop took one look at her and found her 'Stunningly Beautiful 10/10 plus he hung on her every word 4/4 rating, even wanted to have his first kiss with her. Problem was she found him neither attractive nor interesting (1/10 & 1/4)....so there went that! :)
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Problem was she found him neither attractive nor interesting (1/10 & 1/4)....so there went that! :)
    I have had this happen but the numbers aren't set in concrete! Give her time to get him to know her better and the numbers might change.

@Mikezumi - Nah, she really wasn't feeling him so it was best that I removed her. For some strange reason, I kept hearing Grant Rodiek (Sims 3 producer) in my head when he said 'Sims can SEE each other' and Simmer, FordGT90Concept when he said 'Sims are "aware" of their surroundings including other Sims.' Which lead me to the path of 'What if its his 'look' that's holding him back. So, I decided to give him a make over, nothing drastic just a hair cut and more groomed goatee plus, I sent him to the gym for a bit of strength training. My Goodness did that do the trick! The single women aren't running away anymore. In fact, we have a new problem 1). The teen girls are looking in his direction and 2). The married women are demanding 'hangout' time with him (their hubbies aren't liking that :D)! Still, haven't found that special Sim for him, but at least now the 'searching through options' is a lot easier!
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited March 2018

I had a female I wanted to get married, so I put three male sims into a house so she would run into them, I did have my favorite I wanted her to marry. Now one of the males Bob did not want anything to do with her. Now I had my favorite Mike I wanted her marry, so I tried getting them together, but he seemed to be just friends, one day while I was trying again to get her together with Mike, the other male John started talking to her, he seemed to like her. Now she became friends with them both. So I decided to stop medaling and said ok, who ever comes to her house I'll let it be, So John started coming over. Mike did become jealous, but still only wanted to be friends. So she married John, But the strange thing is that Mike was still friends, coming over all the time, but just friends. They were friends until he died. And her husband was friends with him too. So I don't know why the first Bob had no interest at all, Mike only wanted to be friends but John married her. Funny how it works out.