Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats vs dogs

What is th point of cats actually ? I can’t really do much with them ! They just go about doing their own stuff. I guess it is like real life. But it makes it boring to own a cat ! I am missing something ?

Comments

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Sorry I post in the wrong category ! Pls move me to EP discussion. Thanks.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    You can play with them, like using the laser or the cat wand. Or pick them up and put them on your lap while watching TV. I don't have a cat IRL, but I imagine it would be the same.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    If you have never had a cat then you won't understand it but they are the strangest most funniest animals but each to their own. You are either a cat person or not.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    This has been the case with every iteration of Sims Pets packs. Cats in real life tend to be the same. However, there are traits like "Friendly" that you can use if you want your cat to give you more attention. I personally find the cats in Sims 4 to be the best of all the games so far.
  • NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    Honestly I am a cat person in real life, but in the sims I play with the dogs more, since with dogs you can go on walks with them. They're just more fun gameplay wise.

I wish you could walk cats. I know that's unrealistic, but I would have a blast walking my cat around town. I don't really play for realism.
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I love cats in the game, especially that I don't need to pay much attention to them overall. When my sim-cat got lectured for scratching the couch and it chose to give my sim a nasty look and claw the couch more aggressively (much to my sim's frustration) it was enough to make me very happy.

Also, territorial cats in the game can be wonderful with a lot of company.

It helps that I am a super cat person.
    a63ftuN.png
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    NiaraTiara wrote: »
    Honestly I am a cat person in real life, but in the sims I play with the dogs more, since with dogs you can go on walks with them. They're just more fun gameplay wise.

I wish you could walk cats. I know that's unrealistic, but I would have a blast walking my cat around town. I don't really play for realism.

I have actually walked a cat. Some cats actually cooperative when you take them on a walk (making it feel like walking a dog), some cats are stuborn, won't even walk with the owners and do everything to get rid of the lead. The cat I walked belongs in the first group. My current cat belongs in the latter group. Overall, it is possible in real life.

I am a cat person, too. I like the fact that sad sims can seek comfort from their pets, because that's what I do, too. I also like the fact that if cat doesn't want to play, they don't even play when sim tries to. Also, is it me or does cats in The Sims 4 really meow lot less than in The Sims 3? I played The Sims 3 last week and cats there meowed all the time.

If you want to make cat more useful, give them Powler trait. Cats with this trait tend to go out to hunt. They may bring back feathers (new collection) or a mystery box, which may contain toys, upgrade parts, crystals, stereos etc.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Cats are the kind of pets that are easy to take care off and don't require much hazzle, both in game and in RL. They can also be very affectionate and great companions. Dogs on the other hand are affectionate but need a lot of care and attention... It just depends on what your preferences are and what you are looking for/need in a pet.

But speaking of leashing and walking a cat. In RL it is possible BUT not all cats will cooperate or more importantly allows you to walk it. I know two cat owners that have cats that love to go for a leashed walk. Another who keeps his cat bound inside the garden boundaries but doesn't walk it. I also know one particular cat that growled when the owner tried to leash her. An honest to god dog kind of growl was heard accompanied by showing off some very impressive sharp teeth. The owner only tried it once. Said cat is now an outdoor cat outfitted with a gps locator and a clowns collar.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I just started playing with dogs they are so much fun !!!! I love it better than cats :)
  • PgreenePgreene Posts: 7 New Member
    CATS...I don't have the expansion....BUT CATS.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I prefer the dogs as well. People say they're high maintenance, but with the right traits you can have a dog that's as low maintenance as a cat, while still having all the other fun options
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I guess if you have pets in the game more due to gameplay than preference for one over the other, then dogs give you more active gameplay (helpful if you play a single Sim or maybe just a couple), while cats give you more chill gameplay (helpful if you have a full house of Sims otherwise, I suppose).

For me, it's more about personal preference. I have cats and dogs in the games for a bunch of reasons, most of which don't even consider gameplay behind them, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Once my sims had kids I stuck with cats. Don’t need to walk them and they are pertty good at taking care of them self’s. Dogs are good for explouring and going on long walks with. It gives your sim a reason to leave he house. But they are more needy. As someone else mentioned it’s about the traits too. There are lazy dogs who just want to lay on the couch and cats who jump on everything getting into trouble.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I just started playing with dogs they are so much fun !!!! I love it better than cats :)

Ok. It's great to see you're enjoying playing with dogs.
    Enjoy!
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I am a cat person and that was enough reason for me to get the cats and dogs pack! I like dogs too, but in this game I just can't stand the whiny cry from the dogs, and they have to be bathed too often in this game. I gave one of my main sims an adorable Newfoundland, but it was so clingy! I ended up moving the dog to another household that my main sim is good friends with, so at least they can still visit each other.
    I thought the cats in the game were well done. As a cat person, I don't have too much to complain about with the sim cats. I was pretty miffed though when my spayed cat ended up having a litter - twice. I hope that is a bug...... I tried getting her 'unspayed' and then spayed again and it seems to be working so far.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Hm, can't cats and dogs be trained to perform certain actions?

Anyway, I like just watching them, wondering what they are up to and so. Love that they can walk under some big furnitures, and jump on top of others :) In a way they make the house feel more spacious :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg