Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we get clarification on YT review threads being closed all the time?

This isn't a thread to question moderation actions, but after seeing that LGR's review for both Laundry Day and Jungle Adventures as well as Deligracy's review of the My First Pet trailer have gotten closed for the same exact reasons, could perhaps @EA_Lanna provide us some moderation clarification as to why these kinds of threads seem to get closed all the time and what steps we should take to not repeat the same mistakes with each of these kinds of threads?
Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2018
    She clarified it pretty well, I think. We can discuss content, but not people. It's in the forum rules. So, discuss the reviews but not the individuals who made them. And of course, threads will get closed in general if they devolve into arguing or personal attacks.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16367898/#Comment_16367898
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    Once more. It is not appropriate to discuss people as per the rules. If you'd like to review the content that's fine, let's get it back on topic but the moment the discussion becomes about a person it is not longer appropriate and will be closed along with users moderated.

I've had to make this same post a bit too often now. I will not be making another public post to share this information again any time soon so please take note of it.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I haven’t seen anyone attack LGR or Deligracy on a personal level so I am stumped as well.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    She clarified it pretty well, I think. We can discuss content, but not people. It's in the forum rules. So, discuss the reviews but not the individuals who made them. And of course, threads will get closed in general if they devolve into arguing or personal attacks.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16367898/#Comment_16367898
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    Once more. It is not appropriate to discuss people as per the rules. If you'd like to review the content that's fine, let's get it back on topic but the moment the discussion becomes about a person it is not longer appropriate and will be closed along with users moderated.

I've had to make this same post a bit too often now. I will not be making another public post to share this information again any time soon so please take note of it.

If they didn't get it the first time, then they wouldn't get it the next two times either. Closing down one thread should've prevented the other two, but no. Plus, those threads are buried in their respective areas and I think a clarification in this section will help more members easily find info on what not to do concerning threads of the same kind of nature.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    I have been very vocal about the reasons such threads end up closed. Thank you @IceyJ for sharing one of my posts on the matter. If you ever have any such queries in future please reach out to the moderation team via messages which is adivsed in the rules also:
    Not sure if it’s following the rules? Check out the official EA Forum Rules & Guidelines below and the EA User Agreement. You can also ask an EA Community Manager.

Please aim to do so going forward as creating threads to discuss moderation actions IS breaking a forum rule and IS discussing moderation.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top