Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »
    Basically, if C&D had been a complete/satisfactory Expansion, and then a Pets SP came out with extra related furniture, and maybe a new small pet (In Addition to those in the EP), it would have been okay. But that's not the case.

Ah that's probably how we differ then, because C&D was a great EP for me (I feel like it was much more well done than TS3's, although the latter had more content - I HATED controllable Pets so much so I couldn't enjoy them) so I don't mind paying for this SP.

I agree - COMPLETELY (I really like C & D just the way it is, although I wished I had a few more empty lots in BB) and definitely look forward to this 10 dollar pack too. My only complaint was the boat teleporting. I wish the boats could work like boat do.

Same! I love the C&D EP!! It's my favorite pack so far. But, of course, I never had a problem with them being uncontrollable (I hardly ever controlled the pets in the Sims 3 as it was) and although not having a UI and family tree for them is a bit annoying, you get used to it pretty quickly and it stops being as annoying (not completely but it definitely lessened for me at least.)

I'm really looking forward to this pack as well. :)
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited March 2018
    I do hope those putting up a fit over the small pets pack were none of the people wanting small pets and complaining about not getting them.

We all knew from day one - the devs made it clear - that Sims 4 would not be Sims 1,2, or 3 - so even though they never once said anything differently people still keep comparing to Sims 1, 2, and 3. It is simply people refuse to listen at what the Maxis people tell you - so when things are very different in how they make the packs - there is always an uproar of voices shouting money grab or Sims 1 - or 2 - or 3 wasn't like this.

I say - well the devs told you in September of 2014 Sims 4 would not be like those games - they were going back to the roots and basically redoing the game - we could at most think of Sims 4 as a parallel universe but not part of the Sims 1, 2, and 3 trilogy directions.

They cannot help it that after almost 4 years people still choose to compare or get upset when the game again follows a new direction. No matter how much any of us liked the old direction - they made it clear - remember all that talk about "Their Vision and the new direction they visualized for the sims. How they wanted the game so the players had more options by giving them more packs choices.

I see them still following their vision - and they are giving player choices - so yes I can fully see them separating the animals in packs just like they are separating supernaturals. It's their vision and all the fussing in the world is not going to change that.

If you want small pets - well you have the option to have them - other wise you don't get small pets.

I just think people in general don not like or accept change - regardless of how many times the devs tell us "THINGS Change" or bring up their vision.

I don't know - I still love the Sims so yeah - I also like different pets to for some families. Like real life dogs and cats are not allowable every where humans live - so I carry that in my game. Pets for apt dwellers is a good choice and for heaven sakes it's only 10 dollars....

Small pets? You mean we only got rodents? Where are the other small caged animals? Personally "my first pet" was a fancy parakeet. Those are about the same size as the rodents.

You are getting two rodents, a hamster and a rat. You are also getting a hedgehog, that is not a rodent, and a void critter. They will all have the same actions.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    Temporarily locking this thread for further cleanup and user moderation!

OK, I've reopened the thread.

I have removed a number of posts from recent pages for thread derailment among other rules. Once more I must ask you all to keep the forum rules and guidelines at the forefront of your minds when posting to ensure the rules are upheld and help the thread stay on topic if you'd like a space to discuss this.

While part of my job is moderating infractions, I don't enjoy sanctioning members. A lot of infractions that have occured could have easily been avoided. I am genuinely asking you to protect your forum accounts and uphold the rules in place please. There is no reason why the rules cannot be followed.

While reviewing the last few pages, I can see I've gotten lots of tags from folks with feedback. That's fab and thanks so much! Lots of constructive points to review :) Please know that while I wont have information, I will gather and relay on the feedback provided.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• giveit2megiveit2me Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2018
    Looking forward for this and will buy it.
    I will never complain about having more stuffs, especial for pets.
    I wish pets will be not forgotten in future game updates and packs, not only new pets, old one as well.
    Hedgehog is cute.

Wish only there are more kinds of design for pets furniture, toys and collars.
    Guess this pack have such design, because this is tie up with other kids furniture style in game.
    I have only one complain:
    why so many functional items in sims 4 are so huge, in this pack too?!
    Please make compact version of them in future or better give us one big and one small, so we have choice.
    Else, please make stuff more different and less kitschy, if it possible in future.

Else, this is not for SP team maybe, but just in case:
    I wish to have more big palette for cats and dogs eyes and skin colours.
    Hope to see pet shops and pets cafe one day, but guess it will not be in stuff pack, too big for them.
    Post edited by giveit2me on
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    When will we get pet rabbits? I'm a huge rabbit lover and my real life pet rabbits are my babies. Can someone let the developers know rabbits would be much loved.

You might have to wait for my second pet, when ever that come out.
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    Well, at least we know why the Pets EP was so light on content. Chop it up and put it into stuff packs. Every time I think EA can't get any lower they always manage to prove me wrong.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited March 2018
    tobumon wrote: »
    All I gotta say to EA is Cities: Skylines. EA lost a billion dollar title to a small development team. I'm excited to see what new competitor comes out of this. SimCity was ok, but Cities: Skylines was amazing and continues to be. I never would have thought a game could be everything I ever wanted and more.

I like SimCity a lot more than Skylines. SimCity had lots of neat ideas, but there's no chance of any sequel now. Thanks a lot, 'fans.'

Thanks a lot, EA* I mean, how do you even blame someone for losing interest in a game and stop feeding it money? Feedback was just a symptom, the lack of consumer interest and 'thinking with their wallet' is the result of the outcome. Simcity can't keep interest with their neat ideas? Their fault and not so 'neat' ideas to keep people investing their money into. That's how economy and business goes. Blaming fans is a bit redundant (Translation of your reponse: "I arrogantly but sarcastically thank all the fans for not spending money on the game I adore. You ruined the franchise that I loved, so all you should have been obligated to buy it for my selfish sake") :):p

Post edited by DragonCat159 on
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    Bonnie wrote: »
    and for heaven sakes it's only 10 dollars....

$10 might be "only $10" for you. It might be "only $10" for people who have very decent jobs. But for me that's a lot of money. And I'm sure it's a lot of money for other people as well. I get that it might be an insignificant amount for some but for a large majority of people $10 can actually be a struggle to find. And if this is the "first" of this kind of pack, how much do you think they'll amount to in total? Personally I can't see many parents being interested in spending that amount on an expansion for a game for their children just for another one to come out in a couple months time. The same with students at college or university or single parents trying to make ends meet. $10 (around £8 in the UK where I'm from) can get me three meals a day for half the week if I'm careful about it. I don't think it's fair of you to downscale it just because it feels like nothing to you.

Honestly, I can afford to blow just 10 dollars, and I'm still upset and won't be buying this.

It isn't about the money at all.

Thank you! That's what I was trying to say, but in less words and more elegantly put then I could manage. Lmao. People shouldn't focus on the money but if you're going to make money a part of it you should recognise that some people genuinely can't afford it (not you in particular, just using the word as a generalisation).
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I'm curious to see what happens after the livestream tomorrow. What will people be saying about the pack after that? Will those who spoke out against it continue to do so? I really wish we would hear something from the company. It's not like they have no idea. :|
    #Team Occult
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    I do hope those putting up a fit over the small pets pack were none of the people wanting small pets and complaining about not getting them.

We all knew from day one - the devs made it clear - that Sims 4 would not be Sims 1,2, or 3 - so even though they never once said anything differently people still keep comparing to Sims 1, 2, and 3. It is simply people refuse to listen at what the Maxis people tell you - so when things are very different in how they make the packs - there is always an uproar of voices shouting money grab or Sims 1 - or 2 - or 3 wasn't like this.

I say - well the devs told you in September of 2014 Sims 4 would not be like those games - they were going back to the roots and basically redoing the game - we could at most think of Sims 4 as a parallel universe but not part of the Sims 1, 2, and 3 trilogy directions.

They cannot help it that after almost 4 years people still choose to compare or get upset when the game again follows a new direction. No matter how much any of us liked the old direction - they made it clear - remember all that talk about "Their Vision and the new direction they visualized for the sims. How they wanted the game so the players had more options by giving them more packs choices.

I see them still following their vision - and they are giving player choices - so yes I can fully see them separating the animals in packs just like they are separating supernaturals. It's their vision and all the fussing in the world is not going to change that.

If you want small pets - well you have the option to have them - other wise you don't get small pets.

I just think people in general don not like or accept change - regardless of how many times the devs tell us "THINGS Change" or bring up their vision.

I don't know - I still love the Sims so yeah - I also like different pets to for some families. Like real life dogs and cats are not allowable every where humans live - so I carry that in my game. Pets for apt dwellers is a good choice and for heaven sakes it's only 10 dollars....

It doesn't matter that its only 10 dollars. Its the principle. Also not a good thing to say to a community where the target fan base is teenagers.

Forget about sims 1-3 for a second. Lets pretend they don't exist.

Now lets go back to the scenario we are in now with content that could easily have made it into the cat and dog expansion didn't. Instead the cries of "can we have small pets please?" before release are ignored. (Also happened)

Now you discover that small pets are happening, but you find out its not a lot of small pets its one rodent re skinned, furniture very similar to the expansion, clothes for pets (many which are already in the game but just made for pets) and the company want an extra 10 bucks off you.
    I remember you saying a few months ago (as did I) that you suspected small pets would be added later. Is this the form in which you had in mind? Stuff pack per creature type, four months after the event? Because I'll be honest while the bar is low with EA, I think they have dug a trench this time.
    I would have accepted small pets (not just rodents!) in a game pack. I don't accept hamsters and re used cruel pet costumes. That is a cash grab. But they know their audience and they expect to get away with it.

I love the Sims that doesn't mean I cheer wildly every time they do something and I just accept it. Loving the game doesn't mean opening my wallet blindly. Loving the game means wanting the best for it and for it to be given the love and support it deserves, not turned into a cash cow.

Before toddlers came out and you didn't like the game that much, would you have applauded this move? I'm genuinely curious.

I would not have noticed seeing I stopped buying and went back to Sims 3. When I got a notice about toddlers - I came back and true to my word I bought up ALL the packs I had not gotten that very day we got the toddlers. I was also happy when packs came out for the toddlers. In fact I would love to have more toddler packs - clothes, hairs, furniture. So yes -since I did get toddlers which was my happy place - I appreciate more packs - especially when they are just 10 dollars.

I also know each kind of pack has an animation budget the devs cannot exceed - and they could not have added any more animation to the EP even had they wanted to. Like they said - they had a choice of more pets or the Vet Career. Well people have been begging for a having a vet and being a vet since Sims 2 so they chose the Vet Career. More pets were not possible - period once that was decided.

A vet career could not be in a stuff pack - as Graham has said he could not even have a pet shop or a laundromat or anything like those in a stuff pack but he could provide these few pets, so he did. I am glad he made the choice.

But to get to your point - I would not have had any opinion on pets at all had they not delivered toddlers as I was technically done, so I probably wouldn't have known period. I am a family player and that is just the way it is. My sims kids need a Hedgehog and Gerbil.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited March 2018
    Well, to be honest, it is kind of a hard choice for me. Animals are my toddlers. But I would have been more happy if they had just made it a My First Pet Pack that combined only the kids and the small pets. Instead of dog beds, have the kids decorate the cage with new houses, logs, and food and water bowls. Give them cuddle cups and hamacks to sleep in. A maze they could run, or a ball. I would have left Cats and Dogs out of it. It is too late now.
  • PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Well, to be honest, it is kind of a hard choice for me. Animals are my toddlers. But I would have been more happy if they had just made it a My First Pet Pack that combined only the kids and the small pets. Instead of dog beds, have the kids decorate the cage with new houses, logs, and food and water bowls. Give them cuddle cups and hamacks to sleep in. A maze they could run, or a ball. I would have left Cats and Dogs out of it. It is too late now.

a maze would've been SUCH a good idea, especially for mad scientists and whatnot. (But then EA would've been like "required GTW!")
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

edited March 2018

a maze would've been SUCH a good idea, especially for mad scientists and whatnot. (But then EA would've been like "required GTW!")

I think they could have found a workaround.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    tobumon wrote: »
    All I gotta say to EA is Cities: Skylines. EA lost a billion dollar title to a small development team. I'm excited to see what new competitor comes out of this. SimCity was ok, but Cities: Skylines was amazing and continues to be. I never would have thought a game could be everything I ever wanted and more.

I like SimCity a lot more than Skylines. SimCity had lots of neat ideas, but there's no chance of any sequel now. Thanks a lot, 'fans.'
    I like Skylines because they did it right in regards to it being better than Sim City 2013. EA/Maxis did it to themselves by not listening it's "fans" so I do not blame any of the fans. The game never lived up to it's potential and it got canned. However, back on topic Sims 4 and all it's packs will always be controversial.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm curious to see what happens after the livestream tomorrow. What will people be saying about the pack after that? Will those who spoke out against it continue to do so? I really wish we would hear something from the company. It's not like they have no idea. :|

I'm very curious, too. I won't have time to watch the stream but I'll catch up on it later. Who knows, maybe they'll be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat (see what I did there? - not that a rabbit would solve everything, though).

I doubt it, though. I'll keep an open mind, but for me, this pack is tainted by questionable business decisions.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
    Omri147 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    mirta000 wrote: »
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    Hey Simmers, I’ve just been catching up on the thread. A big thank you for all who have shared their feedback on the pack. Please continue to do so, there are some great posts to be found with excellent critiques. Just a reminder, let’s look to keep posts constructive when relaying feedback whether that be negative or positive. Share your thoughts on the SP. What would you have liked to have seen in the SP? How you would have liked it to go? What are your critiques, thoughts and feelings on the content? Please let us know. :)

I do want to also acknowledge this too. There have been a lot of pointed comments targeting Guru's multiple times throughout this thread and it really isn't ok. I can see from the posts in here that many are feeling disappointed and it’s ok to share that here. Please note however, that once the discussion becomes focused on people rather than content it's no longer an appropriate discussion to have as per the rules in place. If the rules continue to be broken, the thread will be closed, and users moderated for how they've conducted themselves and the conversation. We encourage your feedback, but we do not support the targeting of others; members and staff alike. So, with that please do aim to keep critiques to the content.

I have merged some threads with this one. The same points were being discussed so to limit duplicate threads they've been merged.

If you're really taking critique:

- postpone the product to design extra pets themed items
    - all cats and dogs related things - remove that from the stuff pack right now and release it as a free patch. All you did was make your customers feel like they've bought an incomplete product. Specifically when some furniture fits into specific item collections, making it very obvious that it was developed alongside and for cats and dogs.

Otherwise, I'm sorry, but how expressing critique will do any good to anything? By the time this pack is out and passed, reputation is already damaged regardless of what you do with other packs. Trust has been ruined. Next expansion, the first thought to cross peoples minds will be "am I buying an incomplete product?"

I don't feel this way about the GPs (yet...), but yes indeed, I'll analyze the next EP much more carefully than I ever have before... if they cut seasons into parts like this, I'm done with this franchise .. And I don't want that :(
    I've been doing it since City Living to be honest, I still find it to be one of the worst EPs made and I'm skeptical ever since

I tend to agree, I did buy it and moved one of my families there and did not care for it and moved back to thier original spot. The Apt concept for me was too restrictive.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    When will we get pet rabbits? I'm a huge rabbit lover and my real life pet rabbits are my babies. Can someone let the developers know rabbits would be much loved.

You might have to wait for my second pet, when ever that come out.

That may happen too. :D
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018

There is a maze - Graham mentioned it on twitter. I believe it will be shown on the live play tomorrow.

This kind of thing:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0752XD9T7/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B0752XD9T7&pd_rd_wg=ZQQHm&pd_rd_r=T3DJCB1CM3D7MFM99SD7&pd_rd_w=PXGaS

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

There is a maze we can add to - Graham mentioned it on twitter. I believe it will be shown on the live play tomorrow.

Thanks. I didn't see that. I will be watching.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    IMO, 'criticism' isn't the problem. Jabs at the player base, such as 'lacking self discipline' and 'headache from your posts' and 'you must be one of those that have no respect for your parent's money.../sure you're not a kid hahahahahahahaha!!111' and so on is.

And to be fair, it goes both ways. Jumping to conclusions is the most obnoxious thing I've been reading on the forums lately. Could we possibly try to keep the discussion based on the game, the pack, the concepts, etc and not on random people? That would be nice.

This is my point too. I'm all for criticism in fact I welcome it but as long as people don't respect other peoples opinion's no one will take what they're saying seriously.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member

Honestly, I can afford to blow just 10 dollars, and I'm still upset and won't be buying this.

It isn't about the money at all.

It is and it isn't about the money... If it were free, we wouldn't be having this uproar. If it were only $1.99 I doubt we'd be having this uproar as well.

For me personally, at this stage in my life, $10 is not a significant amount of money. However... for other people, $10 represents a lot more, as @Bonnie noted. For some it's the actual amount, and for others, it's what it symbolizes.

There was another thread where many people admitted they would buy a new computer just to play the Sims. And yet there are people very angered about a $10 stuff pack. Like the entire Sims community, there is a lot of polarity here.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I do wish we had other minor pets and for some reason a bit more interactions with fish like feeding them. I wonder what happened to the horse idea, I remember someone found a code in the game for horses a few years back. I hope they didn't can it.