Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet SP: Plans & Ideas For Using It (A Positivity Thread)

Comments

• lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    My babies favorite households will be safe from the Rabid Rodent Fever. The lesser ones better get ready. Time to relive some fond childhood memories.

In my vampires save, I'll have my emotionless Master vampire cause more chaos for his ex-lover. It's a long story but he already turned her human and she's currently an elder. She lives with their son's family. Maybe I should have my MV move in bringing a cute hamster for his granddaughter and have it target his ex. >:)

Ahem. Otherwise, yeah just plan to add new pets and stuff to my households. o:)
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Speaking of spiders, why did Graham tease those other pack icons? Does anyone know?

It may have been due to the creepy crawling lot trait that came with Adventures. Or the spiders that fall on you while you are exploring. Either way I think it was about the adventure pack.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
    I was just talking to my son and had (what I think is) a fun idea! Graham has said that all the items from this pack can be placed even if you don't have C&D. So the litter box, cat tree, and food dish can all be placed but decor rather than interactive.

So I'm going to make an insane sim who believes her stuffed animals are real. She (or maybe he) will have all the items needed to keep her furry friends happy but only have toys. I haven't completed the idea yet, but I am loving the idea. <3

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I was just talking to my son and had (what I think is) a fun idea! Graham has said that all the items from this pack can be placed even if you don't have C&D. So the litter box, cat tree, and food dish can all be placed but decor rather than interactive.

So I'm going to make an insane sim who believes her stuffed animals are real. She (or maybe he) will have all the items needed to keep her furry friends happy but only have toys. I haven't completed the idea yet, but I am loving the idea.
    <3

Love this! And people say you can't use the stuff if you don't have C&D! Ha! :D

I have C&D but I might use that idea anyways lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
    edited March 2018
    I am so excited for the return of Rabid Rodent Fever!!! :squeals and stomps feet excitedly:
    I absolutely cannot wait to start a plague >:) !!! I mean, um... clean rodent cages diligently all day long so nothing bad ever happens to my beautiful si.... you're not buying this huh? Didn't think so... Anyway, THANK YOU, for finally putting in a sickness into the game that will actually threaten my sim's life in a very dramatic and urgent way. I've wanted something dire and serious that actually makes me feel a sense of urgency when my sim contracts it, and until this, nothing in the game has even come close to that. I am extremely excited about this! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG NOW, MATES! Biological Rodent Warfare 101 begins! Muahahahaha I'm going to have a sole survivor sim, and they will become a writer, and that will be the title of their first book. Or maybe I'll start with ... Surviving the Rodent Plague of San Myshuno, but later she/he discovers that it was actually a biological attack by a secret evil organization (Maniacal Gnomes? The name is still a work in progress lol)! Through a series of accidental and unfortunate events my sole survivor sim will get caught up with the counter organization to the evil secret organization (Takemizu Mystics?). There will be tears, war, intrigue, and romance! YES!!! Can I have pack now, please? :smiley:

Also, I'm actually looking forward to owning a rodent that will apparently have a far more interesting nightlife than me. LOL Can't wait to see what little trinkets I get from the furry little imps and what shenanigans they dive into at night while my sim is resting.

Found this in the big ol' mess thread, thought I'd pop it in here since it stands out like a sore thumb over there, lol. Hope you don't mind, @Ceres_Meiriona :) Love the enthusiasm!

Edit/Addition: Found another one! (I knew I saw it somewhere!)
    You said this so well! I totally agree. Isn't it funny that a sim pack with such a seemingly innocuous theme of children's decor and first cute pet ends up appealing to the more deviant and randomness-seeking players? It's a trojan hamster.

Trojan Hamster, BAHAHAHAH! I may have to steal that for a club name in the future... or maybe a night club. lol! You're right, it is rather amusing that the deviant players are clamoring for the fuzziest stuff pack yet. lol I crave variety and states in the game that actually matter to the survival and happiness of my sim. It seems like the devs have started to realize that too pleasant of an atmosphere does make for mundane game play for a decent chunk of simmers, so it's slowly coming back into this iteration of The Sims. So far, it's accompanied by careful counters so the simmers who don't want to lose their sims never have to worry about it, which is honestly probably a good way to go. I don't personally need/want those fail safes, but I know a lot of players do want them, and I can easily bypass them, so it works out in the end. Jungle Adventure added some nice deaths and now this SP with rodent fever... I hope to see more features like this in the future! :squee:

Nice to meet you, btw! Always awesome to meet a fellow deviant/randomness seeking simmer!
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    I'm not sure I want to renovate an old build but maybe make a new one I like so many pieces it's that first use I'm not sure about. I personally like how the disease is set up, some may have strong immune systems, leave their houses to recover. Others you only rotate to let them die, oh dear may need a new save just to be evil to the sims I'm not interested in, the plague is coming...
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png

So I'm going to make an insane sim who believes her stuffed animals are real. She (or maybe he) will have all the items needed to keep her furry friends happy but only have toys. I haven't completed the idea yet, but I am loving the idea.
    <3

I have C&D too but I love the idea of a poor sim being so sure her stuffed animals are real! I love insane sims anyway but I can't wait for Tuesday so I can make this a reality! I'll upload the household to the gallery using only base game and MFP items.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Also, rats! I forgot there were rats. Hmm... lab rats for scientist Sims maybe? >:)o:)

I know this is just a game and you can't do actual tests with those poor rats, but animal testing is wrong and cruel. No one should support it even if it was just in game.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I'm definitely gonna spruce up some vet offices with these little bad boys. I'm also putting a few of my households on hold til the pack releases. I wanna gift my lil toddlers with one for their birthday so they may experience true responsibility as children, lest they doom their household to the plague.

also hoping the modding community is able to go buckwild with this content so our options increase by tenfold. one can hope anyway!
    6riwm5.png
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member

also hoping the modding community is able to go buckwild with this content so our options increase by tenfold. one can hope anyway!

I expect (hope?) one of the first mods to be that NPCs can die from Rabid Rodent Fever.

Hamster Apocalpyse, anyone?
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    Also, rats! I forgot there were rats. Hmm... lab rats for scientist Sims maybe? >:)o:)

I know this is just a game and you can't do actual tests with those poor rats, but animal testing is wrong and cruel. No one should support it even if it was just in game.

That isn't what he said. He said he'd like a rat pet for his scientist sim. My mind went to Pinky and the Brain when I first heard about the secret workshop for them to work on their secret projects.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
    ItsJanier wrote: »

Oh it's all good, lol. The scientists just need companions to talk to while they're busy investigating the aliens. ;)
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member

<3

She is not using the stuff, she is using her Imagination.
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »

I expect (hope?) one of the first mods to be that NPCs can die from Rabid Rodent Fever.

Hamster Apocalpyse, anyone?

Yes please! I will definitely want that MOD (if one is ever created lol).

@TheGoodOldGamer I don't mind at all! Thanks for sharing my quirky ideas here. ;)
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited March 2018
    Full disclosure: I'm not planning to get the pack.

However, the living room in the trailer seemed very kid-friendly so I had a thought about using the animal furniture and other items to create a daycare center and use the toddler playdate and club functions to populate it.
    Post edited by Simpatsyann on
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I woke up with some good ideas. Sorry ya'll if my deviant inclinations hit a button or something but I know I'm not the only one. I have a new way to kill off that stepmom or dad that my little mad scientist hates is one. It could be his turning point or realization in his story line antidote for his dad, none for mean ole step mom. Yeah.
    I liked that in parenthood also. Getting toys or projects that fit what I wanted to mold the child into being when he/she grew up.
    It's so weird how the packs and stuff give you so many more ideas.
    The other is I'm hoping we can have rodents on other lots other than residential. Some lots you have to take care of plants when you go. I'm hoping it could be the same for these little guys. Don't want to get too caught up in that idea yet though.
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I woke up with some good ideas. Sorry ya'll if my deviant inclinations hit a button or something but I know I'm not the only one. I have a new way to kill off that stepmom or dad that my little mad scientist hates is one. It could be his turning point or realization in his story line antidote for his dad, none for mean ole step mom. Yeah.
    I liked that in parenthood also. Getting toys or projects that fit what I wanted to mold the child into being when he/she grew up.
    The other is I'm hoping we can have rodents on other lots other than residential. Some lots you have to take care of plants when you go. I'm hoping it could be the same for these little guys. Don't want to get too caught up in that idea yet though.

Oh by all means, deviant players are welcome! (Just look through the ideas already posted to see some, lol!) And I just asked @SimGuruGraham on Twitter if the new pets can be used on community lots. If he answers, I'll put it in the sourced info thread. :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh thanks @TheGoodOldGamer. Now my mind won't let loose of some idea and it's tugging. I'll be glad to know the answer.
    egTcBMc.png
  • lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    Well, I've always wanted a hedgehog in real life so I'm really looking forward to having my sims be able to have one as well. I'm so glad it's not just a guinea pig. Also rats! I'm looking forward to those as well.

And I love the idea of a pet supply store! It's a great idea!

So I'm going to make an insane sim who believes her stuffed animals are real. She (or maybe he) will have all the items needed to keep her furry friends happy but only have toys. I haven't completed the idea yet, but I am loving the idea. <3

Ooh, I love that idea!!
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Isn't that the truth? My favorite times are when a pack really stimulates/complements my imagination for a good storyline, especially when something hits me out of the blue and I'm excited to just run with it. That's what I get the most satisfaction out of. The rodent disease/new rabid ghost as well as the jungle pack are really getting me back into creative mode again. :)
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Are you guys certain the fish tank coffee table can't be stocked?
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited March 2018

I am, Graham said it couldn't be in one of his tweets. The fish are fully animated, but you can't stock it with fish you've caught. I'll look for the tweet and will link back if I find it.
    No, you don't select which fish go inside it.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

I am, Graham said it couldn't be in one of his tweets. The fish are fully animated, but you can't stock it with fish you've caught. I'll look for the tweet and will link back if I find it.

Aww. Too bad. Thanks, Ceres!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If you buy Vlad a hamster, you could finally get rid of all the vampires! :D