Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    For me, the only ways to fix this would be:

1) Patch the Stuff Pack in free.
    or;
    2) Give us a different free patch with more beds; birds, a smaller hamster/mouse enclosure, and some other small animals. So the EP is somewhere closer to being complete. Then this First Pet SP wouldn't leave such a bitter taste in everyone's mouth.

I think they should have patched birds in, then had one SP with the rodents we're getting now AND lizards - if they couldn't have added them to the EP.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2018
    {EA_Lanna: Removed: No need to bump other peoples comments thank you.}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited March 2018
    Supernatural was an expansion probably due to cutting off content and not placing occult life states in packs where they "should" be. Again they have been cutting off content long before TS4.

I think you have some valid points (Katy Perry leaves a bad taste in my mouth, although there was one dress I liked) but I'm not sure I agree about Supernatural. I think every EP did have a supernatural or new creature of some sort - unlike TS4's. And SN had a lot to offer as an EP.
  • PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member

or;
    2) Give us a different free patch with more beds; birds, a smaller hamster/mouse enclosure, and some other small animals. So the EP is somewhere closer to being complete. Then this First Pet SP wouldn't leave such a bitter taste in everyone's mouth.

I'd like to see someone buy the pack, and separate it into two rooms - one that should've been included in C&D (beds, cat house, etc), and one that could actually stand alone as a SP. Now THAT would be a good visual.

Your ideas to fix it are great! Just give us the stuff that should've been ours to begin with. It's not a tough concept.
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member

or;

I'd like to see someone buy the pack, and separate it into two rooms - one that should've been included in C&D (beds, cat house, etc), and one that could actually stand alone as a SP. Now THAT would be a good visual.

Your ideas to fix it are great! Just give us the stuff that should've been ours to begin with. It's not a tough concept.

Sounds like something LGR would do!
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    Simanite wrote: »
    Basically, if C&D had been a complete/satisfactory Expansion, and then a Pets SP came out with extra related furniture, and maybe a new small pet (In Addition to those in the EP), it would have been okay. But that's not the case.

Ah that's probably how we differ then, because C&D was a great EP for me (I feel like it was much more well done than TS3's, although the latter had more content - I HATED controllable Pets so much so I couldn't enjoy them) so I don't mind paying for this SP.

I agree - COMPLETELY (I really like C & D just the way it is, although I wished I had a few more empty lots in BB) and definitely look forward to this 10 dollar pack too. My only complaint was the boat teleporting. I wish the boats could work like boat do.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Basically, if C&D had been a complete/satisfactory Expansion, and then a Pets SP came out with extra related furniture, and maybe a new small pet (In Addition to those in the EP), it would have been okay. But that's not the case.

Ah that's probably how we differ then, because C&D was a great EP for me (I feel like it was much more well done than TS3's, although the latter had more content - I HATED controllable Pets so much so I couldn't enjoy them) so I don't mind paying for this SP.

I agree - COMPLETELY (I really like C & D just the way it is, although I wished I had a few more empty lots in BB) and definitely look forward to this 10 dollar pack too. My only complaint was the boat teleporting. I wish the boats could work like boat do.

I would love that. :cry:
  • HowmanychairsHowmanychairs Posts: 32 Member
    [quote="Simanite;c-16369602"][quote="Howmanychairs;c-16369590"]Supernatural was an expansion probably due to cutting off content and not placing occult life states in packs where they "should" be. Again they have been cutting off content long before TS4.[/quote]

I think you have some valid points (Katy Perry leaves a bad taste in my mouth, although there was one dress I liked) but I'm not sure I agree about Supernatural. I think every EP did have a supernatural or new creature of some sort - unlike TS4's. And SN had a lot to offer as an EP.[/quote]

I was mentiong that pack because in TS2 we got werewolves with pets, zombies with university, witches with apartments.

By that logic maybe some occults have been cut off, but this is only assumption. I love TS3 supernatural. I'm just trying to say we could apply similar logic to TS3 packs.

Not that I'm trying to defend new pack especially because I'm not getting it.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    SimTrippy wrote: »

The animals themselves are very well done yes, that is true. But a bit more content would've still been nice.

Still @Simanite your question reminded me of the game I enjoy and so I decided you're right. I will forget this SP ever existed or will exist and am going back to my vampire-archeologist house & my beautiful toddler. I hope many people will read @LiELF 's post and share and, and hope things will turn out better soon-ish. But for now, I've expressed about all I could about how I feel about this pack, and will go enjoy my skeletons instead. :)

Aw well I do hope you can still enjoy the game, but it's sad your enjoyment has been marked by this. I think they should really have thought-out this SP more because it was evident it would be very polarizing, and TS4 hardly has the best track record.

Yes I do :) I'm still pretty upset about the whole SP thing, but I've got my favorite couple, cute toddler, beautiful dog and weird skeleton to play with, so hey, that's good at least.. :)
    8zvZptM.png
    RrIUS3F.png
    ceRk0YO.png
    dGVKF3N.png

The animals themselves are very well done yes, that is true. But a bit more content would've still been nice.

Still @Simanite your question reminded me of the game I enjoy and so I decided you're right. I will forget this SP ever existed or will exist and am going back to my vampire-archeologist house & my beautiful toddler. I hope many people will read @LiELF 's post and share and, and hope things will turn out better soon-ish. But for now, I've expressed about all I could about how I feel about this pack, and will go enjoy my skeletons instead. :)

Aw well I do hope you can still enjoy the game, but it's sad your enjoyment has been marked by this. I think they should really have thought-out this SP more because it was evident it would be very polarizing, and TS4 hardly has the best track record.

Yes I do :) I'm still pretty upset about the whole SP thing, but I've got my favorite couple, cute toddler, beautiful dog and weird skeleton to play with, so hey, that's good at least.. :)
    8zvZptM.png
    RrIUS3F.png
    ceRk0YO.png
    dGVKF3N.png

Very cute. :)
  • smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    i really am looking forwards to having the stuff pack thanks EA and the sims team on a great pack and all the other one you all done so far keep up the great work thanks
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    lopithecus wrote: »
    I'll get this. I think it looks cute and I love the thought of having a hedgehog in my game. Do I believe they should have added the small pets in with the C&D expansion? Yes, of course I do. But am I surprised or outraged? No, I'm not.

A lot of gaming industries (and corporations in general) are money hungry. Are people really surprised EA would be any different? I mean, come on, there's plenty of other big named games out there that require you to download $10 or even $20 worth of DLC just to get another side story! EA isn't doing anything new that other gaming industries haven't done as well.

If you don't want the pack, then don't get it. If you want it, then get it. It's every individual's prerogative to do what they want with this pack. But I'm more surprised that people are surprised and angry about it when literally every corporation under the sun rakes people over the coals to buy their stuff.

It's nothing new in this world.

Because they don't have to do it.

They obviously have the talent and resources to put out a good product at least some of the time. Vampires, Parenthood and Jungle Adventures all seem to have been really well received, for example. Now, every property will have a miss once in a while, that's to be expected. There's going to be bits that some players like and other don't (I bought the Fitness Stuff Pack, but I doubt I've used one item from it.)

But this whole situation is so...amateurish. Why should I simply accept being "raked over the coals" when literally all they have to do to make me throw money at them is put out a decent product?
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited March 2018
    Just a reminder that @EA_Lanna is just a helpful moderator for the forums, and is not the replacement Community Manager for SimGuruDrake. Her job is to keep the forum organized and make sure rules and guidelines are followed and all that jazz. A lot of this discussion is misdirected at her, when she most likely won't have the answers for you.

In the meantime until a new CM is announced and active, your best bet would be to direct specific pack questions at the leads, @SimGuruGraham being the one for SPs.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Yubell wrote: »
    Sounds like a pretty pointless cash grab if you ask me.

Just stuff that should have been in the cats & dogs expansion, but instead it's crammed into another pack, because money.

To be fair, this is a business and they are in it to make money. I don't blame them for that at all. Just don't buy the pack if you feel otherwise.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I do hope those putting up a fit over the small pets pack were none of the people wanting small pets and complaining about not getting them.

We all knew from day one - the devs made it clear - that Sims 4 would not be Sims 1,2, or 3 - so even though they never once said anything differently people still keep comparing to Sims 1, 2, and 3. It is simply people refuse to listen at what the Maxis people tell you - so when things are very different in how they make the packs - there is always an uproar of voices shouting money grab or Sims 1 - or 2 - or 3 wasn't like this.

I say - well the devs told you in September of 2014 Sims 4 would not be like those games - they were going back to the roots and basically redoing the game - we could at most think of Sims 4 as a parallel universe but not part of the Sims 1, 2, and 3 trilogy directions.

They cannot help it that after almost 4 years people still choose to compare or get upset when the game again follows a new direction. No matter how much any of us liked the old direction - they made it clear - remember all that talk about "Their Vision and the new direction they visualized for the sims. How they wanted the game so the players had more options by giving them more packs choices.

I see them still following their vision - and they are giving player choices - so yes I can fully see them separating the animals in packs just like they are separating supernaturals. It's their vision and all the fussing in the world is not going to change that.

If you want small pets - well you have the option to have them - other wise you don't get small pets.

I just think people in general don not like or accept change - regardless of how many times the devs tell us "THINGS Change" or bring up their vision.

I don't know - I still love the Sims so yeah - I also like different pets to for some families. Like real life dogs and cats are not allowable every where humans live - so I carry that in my game. Pets for apt dwellers is a good choice and for heaven sakes it's only 10 dollars....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    We live in a time where yes, the companies that actually care about their games are flourishing. EA already has drama on their hands via Battlefront 2, and now they wish to start some more drama, apparently.

Although that's certainly not wrong, EA has been ... well ... treating its customers like cash cows for many, many years now and yet their stock market value tends to go up rather than down. It's magic I guess, or they're just publishing too many games to care about which ones drown. Idk. Just interjecting, carry on everyone.
  • lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    I'll get this. I think it looks cute and I love the thought of having a hedgehog in my game. Do I believe they should have added the small pets in with the C&D expansion? Yes, of course I do. But am I surprised or outraged? No, I'm not.

A lot of gaming industries (and corporations in general) are money hungry. Are people really surprised EA would be any different? I mean, come on, there's plenty of other big named games out there that require you to download $10 or even $20 worth of DLC just to get another side story! EA isn't doing anything new that other gaming industries haven't done as well.

If you don't want the pack, then don't get it. If you want it, then get it. It's every individual's prerogative to do what they want with this pack. But I'm more surprised that people are surprised and angry about it when literally every corporation under the sun rakes people over the coals to buy their stuff.

They obviously have the talent and resources to put out a good product at least some of the time. Vampires, Parenthood and Jungle Adventures all seem to have been really well received, for example. Now, every property will have a miss once in a while, that's to be expected. There's going to be bits that some players like and other don't (I bought the Fitness Stuff Pack, but I doubt I've used one item from it.)

But this whole situation is so...amateurish. Why should I simply accept being "raked over the coals" when literally all they have to do to make me throw money at them is put out a decent product?

I never said you had to accept it. I'm just surprised people are shocked by this "revelation" that a big corporation can be greedy. If you don't want the pack, then fine don't get it. That's perfectly acceptable just like it's acceptable to be mad over it. But people shouldn't be surprised that a gaming company wants all the money they can get out of you, when other gaming companies do the same (I'm talking about all those other games that cost $50-$70), including EA which had the Sims 3 store, which was just another money grabber (I could never pay less than $25 for a Sims/EA card to get points because my local stores didn't sell any, and I couldn't buy points online because I was a minor at the time.) Big corporations are always doing this, and in my experience, no amount of complaining is going to change it.

Now I'm not saying people shouldn't complain, they have every right, but I really wouldn't hold my breath either...
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
    @DeservedCriticism I'm guessing @Noroco is your duplicate account. The mods can see IP addresses so it won't work, henny.

Nonsense; @DeservedCriticism would never apologize for making a massive post.

@Writin_Reg, I do see your point about Sims 4 not necessarily following the same paths as earlier Sims games and have often thought so myself. I can't speak for everyone but what I find jarring about this situation is that it doesn't follow the path that Sims 4 itself has established, either. They didn't put out "Get To Work" and then follow it up four months later with a stuff pack that had some recolored clothes, a new hairstyle and one more active career that depended on GTW to be able to use.

This isn't going to sour me on the game as a whole if it's a one off. It's just a path that I would prefer not to see the development go down.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited March 2018
    Try getting on that leader-board just for posting good pictures from your gameplay. Like I have... multiple times.

The main point was that the leader-boards reflect the discontent we have with the pack. They weren't boasting.

EA have proven they DO care after what they did with toddlers.

And that's meaningless if they then go back and do something, like, well, this...

Don't ever say toddlers are meaningless. You have no idea what they meant to people like me. :#

Probably just as much as they would have if they were in the base game...

Edit: besides, it's not toddlers that are meaningless. It's the sentiment that they were changing their ways.

I never said you had to accept it. I'm just surprised people are shocked by this "revelation" that a big corporation can be greedy. If you don't want the pack, then fine don't get it. That's perfectly acceptable just like it's acceptable to be mad over it. But people shouldn't be surprised that a gaming company wants all the money they can get out of you, when other gaming companies do the same (I'm talking about all those other games that cost $50-$70), including EA which had the Sims 3 store, which was just another money grabber (I could never pay less than $25 for a Sims/EA card to get points because my local stores didn't sell any, and I couldn't buy points online because I was a minor at the time.) Big corporations are always doing this, and in my experience, no amount of complaining is going to change it.

Now I'm not saying people shouldn't complain, they have every right, but I really wouldn't hold my breath either...

Oh, I'm not shocked or surprised in the slightest. I just think they can still make plenty of money without insulting their fanbase.
  • PhoenixFox9PhoenixFox9 Posts: 3 New Member
    When will we get pet rabbits? I'm a huge rabbit lover and my real life pet rabbits are my babies. Can someone let the developers know rabbits would be much loved.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I do hope those putting up a fit over the small pets pack were none of the people wanting small pets and complaining about not getting them.

We all knew from day one - the devs made it clear - that Sims 4 would not be Sims 1,2, or 3 - so even though they never once said anything differently people still keep comparing to Sims 1, 2, and 3. It is simply people refuse to listen at what the Maxis people tell you - so when things are very different in how they make the packs - there is always an uproar of voices shouting money grab or Sims 1 - or 2 - or 3 wasn't like this.

I say - well the devs told you in September of 2014 Sims 4 would not be like those games - they were going back to the roots and basically redoing the game - we could at most think of Sims 4 as a parallel universe but not part of the Sims 1, 2, and 3 trilogy directions.

They cannot help it that after almost 4 years people still choose to compare or get upset when the game again follows a new direction. No matter how much any of us liked the old direction - they made it clear - remember all that talk about "Their Vision and the new direction they visualized for the sims. How they wanted the game so the players had more options by giving them more packs choices.

I see them still following their vision - and they are giving player choices - so yes I can fully see them separating the animals in packs just like they are separating supernaturals. It's their vision and all the fussing in the world is not going to change that.

If you want small pets - well you have the option to have them - other wise you don't get small pets.

I just think people in general don not like or accept change - regardless of how many times the devs tell us "THINGS Change" or bring up their vision.

I don't know - I still love the Sims so yeah - I also like different pets to for some families. Like real life dogs and cats are not allowable every where humans live - so I carry that in my game. Pets for apt dwellers is a good choice and for heaven sakes it's only 10 dollars....

Small pets? You mean we only got rodents? Where are the other small caged animals? Personally "my first pet" was a fancy parakeet. Those are about the same size as the rodents.