Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses in Sims 4?

I personally hope for Horses in Sims 4. Who's with me? And what might it be like?

Apart from that, I think horses WILL be in Sims 4, because it's another opportunity for EA to make money. I think, logically, they would show up coupled with some sort of "Pet Show" thing - for example you can take your Cats and Dogs to the pet show but of course you need both EPs. They work well together and deepen each other but don't require each other. It would also be nice to have a new farm-based world that would be great for roaming on your horses.

I'd hope they'd show in a GP but they'd require a lot of animating (like Cats&Dogs) so maybe not. Perhaps they'll be another EP with as much stuff crammed in as possible to make it 'worth it'. Perhaps that will be the pack that gives us minor pets that involve only "Pet" and "Feed" interactions.
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

Comments

• TynkTynk Posts: 1,316 Member
    I'm kind of torn on TS4 horses. I love horses, and I am all for more animals in general. I'd love small animals that actually had interactions beyond feed/watch.

The idea of horses in TS3 was great, but the execution was horrific.Their pathing was a nightmare, even on home lots. Watching them make an 18-point turn to angle themselves to interact was painful to watch. And I'm not entirely sure they could do much better in TS4. They are huge objects.

I'd like to see the cows and chicken objects from ts3 come back, and it was a nice way to handle another large animal (the cows). But a static horse would cause an uproar to rival toddlers, I'm sure.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Every time I see someone mention horses I think about how slow my game will get if they ever were to add them. I felt the same about Cats & Dogs when they were added and apparently the solution was to limit strays to that one world, aside from a few stragglers in Selvadorada.

So my question to you is, would you be okay with only seeing roaming horses in the new neighborhood as opposed to every neighborhood?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Every time I see someone mention horses I think about how slow my game will get if they ever were to add them. I felt the same about Cats & Dogs when they were added and apparently the solution was to limit strays to that one world, aside from a few stragglers in Selvadorada.

So my question to you is, would you be okay with only seeing roaming horses in the new neighborhood as opposed to every neighborhood?

It's not something that hasn't been done before. You only see the Insect collection in Granite Falls. But comparing the worlds we have now, such as the suburbs of Newcrest and the city of San Myshuno, are not exactly places you'd find roaming horses in. That's why I'd expect a new world with the pack. A farming kind of landscape.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My simself household is still waiting in my library unplayed until we get small caged pets. I have a feeling they may never get played as they are missing our pet birds. Cats and Dogs pack was such a severe disappointment. I am thinking by the way they handled that, horses will not become a reality for those who want it as well. My view of how the gurus are shaping the game is very negative based on the last few packs and much of the free content we have received.
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I'd rather see small or caged pets that don't leave the lots (chickens, hamsters, etc). It would be difficult to ride the horse due to having a loading screen between lots. Although I do own horses so getting to create those for my sim self would be fun.
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    Tynk wrote: »
    I'm kind of torn on TS4 horses. I love horses, and I am all for more animals in general. I'd love small animals that actually had interactions beyond feed/watch.

The idea of horses in TS3 was great, but the execution was horrific.Their pathing was a nightmare, even on home lots. Watching them make an 18-point turn to angle themselves to interact was painful to watch. And I'm not entirely sure they could do much better in TS4. They are huge objects.

I'd like to see the cows and chicken objects from ts3 come back, and it was a nice way to handle another large animal (the cows). But a static horse would cause an uproar to rival toddlers, I'm sure.

I loved the cows and chicken. I wanted to make a farm but I never finished and can't play now...
  • ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    I doubt it, with no open world, horses have no real place to do horse things.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited March 2018
    Well, some accessible areas around lots like those on the island in Windenburg and in that neighborhood in Brindleton Bay where the 64x64 lot is located (forgot what it's called) are actually pretty big. When I had my Sims jog with their dogs there, they'd be gone for hours. Those locations would, imo, be big enough to ride a horse. If they dedicated an EP to farm animals and put horses in there, they could create a new world like Windenburg or Brindleton with large, nature-y neighborhoods for your Sims to ride their horses. They could place some obstacles in there and all... would be pretty fun, I think!

I absolutely love horses and unfortunately never got to play them as I didn't own TS3, so a part of me really wants them in TS4. But like others, I don't know if they'd be done right... so am not sure. But still, I'd probably be super, super excited if they did decide to do a farm pack with horses!
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I really loved horses in TS3. Unfortunately, I think they're going to be a waste of time to develop for TS4. Lots and neighborhoods are just too small to warrant bothering with them. A good reason to buy a horse in TS3 was transportation, and now with the closed world/instant transportation in TS4, there's just more reason why they should not bother.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I really loved horses in TS3. Unfortunately, I think they're going to be a waste of time to develop for TS4. Lots and neighborhoods are just too small to warrant bothering with them. A good reason to buy a horse in TS3 was transportation, and now with the closed world/instant transportation in TS4, there's just more reason why they should not bother.

Most of the gameplay horses offered in Sims 3 took place on a lot, so why can’t the same be done in Sims 4? You know horses could be used for something more than just transporation right?
  • caitybee73caitybee73 Posts: 121 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Most of the gameplay horses offered in Sims 3 took place on a lot, so why can’t the same be done in Sims 4? You know horses could be used for something more than just transporation right?

I agree about horses having good gameplay, even on a single lot. I loved making horses a career for my sims in Sims 3. Gaining riding skill, breeding and selling horses, leveling up jumping and racing, and then entering competition. There were many hands on ways to get involved with them. I was so sad they didn't return with Cats and Dogs EP! Even if wild horses were confined to one area of one world, the way strays are in Selvadorada, that would be fine by me.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I had a lot of fun with horses in TS3, but with TS4 being a closed world, I can't see it being as enjoyable. The freedom to ride the horse through town was what I enjoyed most about them, and even if we get a neighborhood that caters to horses, I have a feeling we'll be restricted to that place as far as horse riding goes.
    Don't forget, when Pets came out, it came with its own world dedicated to Pets. Sure, each lot was open. But pets didn't turn up in other worlds then either; Plus there was Sims 3's "You can only have so many packs activated at once" thing.

In Sims 4 I'm playing with all my packs activated at once so I'm going to resturaunts with Caleb while managing a child, a dog, and a brother with a job as a scientist. Hey, HE asked ME out. I do think it's a shame that every collection doesn't spawn in every world.

Nonetheless the argument that "No point because you won't be able to roam around" has limited effect, especially when you can now go to places like Granite Falls and Salvadorada that involve quite a bit of roaming.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited March 2018
    Loanet wrote: »
    Don't forget, when Pets came out, it came with its own world dedicated to Pets. Sure, each lot was open. But pets didn't turn up in other worlds then either; Plus there was Sims 3's "You can only have so many packs activated at once" thing.

In Sims 4 I'm playing with all my packs activated at once so I'm going to resturaunts with Caleb while managing a child, a dog, and a brother with a job as a scientist. Hey, HE asked ME out. I do think it's a shame that every collection doesn't spawn in every world.

Nonetheless the argument that "No point because you won't be able to roam around" has limited effect, especially when you can now go to places like Granite Falls and Salvadorada that involve quite a bit of roaming.

I never received that message about only certain packs being able to use at a time. I play with all packs installed (except Diesel) because I don't have it. I'm sorry your game won't allow you to play with everything you have installed. It's strange I haven't received notification of that and have no problems running all packs. (edit: A friend just told me it people who play through Origin who get that message? I don't use origin for Sims 3.)

On horses, I loved them in Sims 3! Even without open world in Sims 4, I'd love to see them added. They could walk around most of the open areas easily, and a new world could offer larger lots or more open areas for horses.

It would be perfect with a farm EP, too. I don't know if the Sims 4 team would make them, but I'd like to see them added.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    A lot of players where feeling a bit horse about the lack of... horses...

:no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd love to see horses. I'd definitely be interested. In my case, I wouldn't actually need to have wild, roaming horses in the game unless a world were created to suit them. I could see a world that combines elements of Australia and Colorado or similar, having some wild horses. I'm not personally looking for the wild horses but I'd enjoy them even primarily in one world or I'd keep them on very large lots. I still haven't used the biggest lot in Newcrest, for example.

I'd be mainly interested in the equestrian skills and doing some horse chores. I liked the TS3 approach to horses a lot. I'd be happy to see some forms of that again - racing, horse shows, jumping, rodeo, etc. I don't know, I'd just want lots of things to do with the horses and I'd have sims who would ride and train them. Anyway, I'm the market for this.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • vaderyckvaderyck Posts: 6 New Member
    I think it'd be awesome to have horses in a country living or farm expansion pack (I think someone mentioned this already). It could be a rural map with large plots that allow room for horses to run around in it. I'd even be fine with the horses not being allowed to leave the lot. Maybe they could have a "horse trail" like the jungle, where you ride your horse and have a text dialogue pop up. Anything is better than nothing.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I got mine:
    horse2.jpg
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'd like a western themed pack for horses.. And then a separate old style county farm pack with the ability to cross the two over and have a horse ranch farm etc... I think that would be awesome :smiley:
    I'm not a fan of a western themed pack (maybe it could be a ranch themed pack? [that's probably too close to farming, though]), but I'd still buy it. Haha. Having the ability to cross over to different maps with horses would be awesome! I definitely support that idea.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    A living on the farm pack with horses, chickens, sheep, cows and vicious geese would be great. I've never been a fan of horses personally but I would like more farm animals and this could be a good themed pack. Cows, sheep, geese and chickens giving materials the Sims could use for other things. Geese are also good guard animals.
    iscQh5U.png
    > @RadioAChicken said:
    > A living on the farm pack with horses, chickens, sheep, cows and vicious geese would be great. I've never been a fan of horses personally but I would like more farm animals and this could be a good themed pack. Cows, sheep, geese and chickens giving materials the Sims could use for other things. Geese are also good guard animals.

I think this would definitely be cool. Even if the cows, chickens, etc are implemented like the Sims 3 as objects. I always had fun harvesting eggs and would set up farms for my sims (BTW, I hope we get beekeeping boxes again, too).
    edited March 2018
    Seeing a farm world with roaming horses does seem like an appropriate world.

I wouldn't want my animals to be just objects though. Even if you can't ride your farm animals I'd still want to get more from them than produce. Otherwise it's straight back to fish, with 'view'.

I hate how the terreriums of frogs and insects don't actually do anything. Everything should do something.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sharee wrote: »
    I doubt it, with no open world, horses have no real place to do horse things.
    "No place to do horse things" so the open area every lot has does not count? what if they added lots built for horses with things like a race track and jumps. Sims 4 worlds cant even be designed to be the wild west no one rides their horse across town a open world is not required to have horses.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"