Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy the upcoming hampsters pack?

Comments

• PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    No.
    BooV7227 wrote: »
    No I will not, unless it goes 50% off (for my daughter's sake), but Stuff packs never go that low anymore, so still most likely no.

It feels like a scam. Where are the birds!? The small reptiles? Are we going to get separate stuff packs for them too?

I would have considered a fleshed out GP for small pets (I love the effort that goes into the GPs) that didn't add more clothes and wasn't tied to the EP in any way.
    But if they are going to give us the rest of the Pets piecemeal in SPs with these moments of "oh are you SURE you don't want the EP? there's all this extra 'stuff' in this little pack that you could be using, that you can almost taste, don't you want to access everything you paid for?", then I'm not playing along with them. That's dirty tactics.

I agree. If it was a gamepack with more small pets then I'd think about buying it too. Then I might not even mind the C&D requirement so much because it wouldn't be "80% Cats and Dogs stuff, oh and there is a small creature with a few recolours", but instead like "here, have the small pets so many of you wanted, and some stuff for your larger ones too if you have that pack".
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes.
    HECK YES! I haven't been this excited for a Stuff Pack since the Romantic Garden (I still love that wishing well lol).
    This stuff pack takes me back to the whimsical but also diabolical days of Sims 2, which I desperately miss. We get something dastardly and deadly (the rabid rodent fever) and something silly and whimsical (pets sending me post cards of their nightlife adventures that will probably be more fantastical than anything I can come up with. ROFL).

I just love that your sims will actually die of this disease if we don't cure them, which is just freaking GLORIOUS! So excited to have a sickness that is actually dangerous! I wish all the other illnesses worked this way too. I don't even bother to order medicine for my sims, I just make them power through it because they're really not in any danger. I'll have to break this habit, though, at least when it comes to the rabid rodent fever, or suffer actual game changing consequences, WOOT! Love it!!! Ty ty ty ty!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    Yes.
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Nope. Obvious scam by EA is obvious.

We probably won't even get CAS stuff for sims so I have no use for it...
    In regard to CAS assets, good news! There are the same amount of CAS assets for sims as there are in any other Stuff Pack.
    you’ll be able to use all of the new clothing coming for Sims of all ages.
    there's just as much clothing in My First Pet Stuff as other Stuff Packs have come with
  • PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    Yes.
    HECK YES! I haven't been this excited for a Stuff Pack since the Romantic Garden (I still love that wishing well lol).
    This stuff pack takes me back to the whimsical but also diabolical days of Sims 2, which I desperately miss. We get something dastardly and deadly (the rabid rodent fever) and something silly and whimsical (pets sending me post cards of their nightlife adventures that will probably be more fantastical than anything I can come up with. ROFL).

I just love that your sims will actually die of this disease if we don't cure them, which is just freaking GLORIOUS! So excited to have a sickness that is actually dangerous! I wish all the other illnesses worked this way too. I don't even bother to order medicine for my sims, I just make them power through it because they're really not in any danger. I'll have to break this habit, though, at least when it comes to the rabid rodent fever, or suffer actual game changing consequences, WOOT! Love it!!! Ty ty ty ty!

You said this so well! I totally agree. Isn't it funny that a sim pack with such a seemingly innocuous theme of children's decor and first cute pet ends up appealing to the more deviant and randomness-seeking players? It's a trojan hamster.
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    No.
    I'm a no. There's really nothing in it that I want.
  • PenguinPonyPetsPenguinPonyPets Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes.
    I will purchase it purely because I buy every pack, but I can see why so many people are up in arms about it. I am honestly most worried that there won't be different types of cages, because I would hate to have to try make one style of cage blend in everywhere in my sims' homes.

And, honestly, I can't resist the fact we'll get new pet beds.
    It's disgusting because this stuff should have been included in cats and dogs, but at least we have it now, even if EA is milking it as much as they possibly can. :/
    Yes.
    You said this so well! I totally agree. Isn't it funny that a sim pack with such a seemingly innocuous theme of children's decor and first cute pet ends up appealing to the more deviant and randomness-seeking players? It's a trojan hamster.

Trojan Hamster, BAHAHAHAH! I may have to steal that for a club name in the future... or maybe a night club. lol! You're right, it is rather amusing that the deviant players are clamoring for the fuzziest stuff pack yet. lol I crave variety and states in the game that actually matter to the survival and happiness of my sim. It seems like the devs have started to realize that too pleasant of an atmosphere does make for mundane game play for a decent chunk of simmers, so it's slowly coming back into this iteration of The Sims. So far, it's accompanied by careful counters so the simmers who don't want to lose their sims never have to worry about it, which is honestly probably a good way to go. I don't personally need/want those fail safes, but I know a lot of players do want them, and I can easily bypass them, so it works out in the end. Jungle Adventure added some nice deaths and now this SP with rodent fever... I hope to see more features like this in the future! :squee:

Nice to meet you, btw! Always awesome to meet a fellow deviant/randomness seeking simmer!
  • lucy356lucy356 Posts: 18 Member
    No.
    No. I would not like to buy this stuff pack, especially as I do not own or currently wish to own Cats and Dogs. I am not sure I would want pet beds or bowls as decorations in my sims houses without a cat or dog, it makes parts of this pack useless in my game. In my opinion The Sims 4 has cost more for less from the beginning and this stuff pack that has an attachment to an expansion is not any different. It is worse and possibly a sign of things to come in the future for the sims 4 stuff/game packs. For example, any new pack (stuff or game) could become attached to any previous pack or expansion, which is awesome for people who own the pack but it excludes and takes advantage of people who do not. I imagine mini expansion packs with active careers for Get to Work as being a future possibility. I think it is a sneaky way of giving less stuff to get more money from all players, not only players with Cats and Dogs but players without. Like a few others here, I think the cat and dog items definitely should have been included in the Cats and Dogs expansion. Aside from that, I would like the aquarium coffee table patched in for free for all players.
  • PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    Yes.

Trojan Hamster, BAHAHAHAH! I may have to steal that for a club name in the future... or maybe a night club. lol! You're right, it is rather amusing that the deviant players are clamoring for the fuzziest stuff pack yet. lol I crave variety and states in the game that actually matter to the survival and happiness of my sim. It seems like the devs have started to realize that too pleasant of an atmosphere does make for mundane game play for a decent chunk of simmers, so it's slowly coming back into this iteration of The Sims. So far, it's accompanied by careful counters so the simmers who don't want to lose their sims never have to worry about it, which is honestly probably a good way to go. I don't personally need/want those fail safes, but I know a lot of players do want them, and I can easily bypass them, so it works out in the end. Jungle Adventure added some nice deaths and now this SP with rodent fever... I hope to see more features like this in the future! :squee:

Nice to meet you, btw! Always awesome to meet a fellow deviant/randomness seeking simmer!

Exactly, everything you said! So nice to meet you, too! I'm more excited about this pack than I expected to be. Rodent disease and quirky rats/hamsters are a game changer for me. (I'm also a Jungle Adventure fan!) As much as others are seeing it as a poorly timed cash grab they want no part of (and that's fine!), I'm seeing it as having SO much potential.
  • lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    No.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Maybe for $5.

Ditto. I'd buy it for $5.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Yes.

You two are adorbs! :D And I hope the trojan hamster idea catches on, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Yes.
    I know I have an unpopular opinion, but I will buy it. I'm a bit unsure of how I feel about adding all the cats and dog things in it. It's weird that it's only been a few months since Cats and Dogs released. I really like that they went in depth with the hamsters though. If we would have had all the animals together in "pets", we would have just gotten a crappy hamster.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    edited March 2018
    No.
    Just popping in to say i think it's absolutely hilarious mods closed their announcement thread about this pack.
    What a train wreck.
    And why do all the threads about reviews always get closed. We can talk about the review... But not the reviewer? That line is way to thin, if you ask me.
    Edit: woooo its open again, I almost had a coniption there.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2018
    No.
    I know I have an unpopular opinion, but I will buy it. I'm a bit unsure of how I feel about adding all the cats and dog things in it. It's weird that it's only been a few months since Cats and Dogs released. I really like that they went in depth with the hamsters though. If we would have had all the animals together in "pets", we would have just gotten a plum hamster.

See, but I still see it as unacceptable because we are still missing other small caged pets like birds and reptiles. My first pet irl was a fancy parakeet, and those are about the same size as the in-game rodents of this pack.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited March 2018
    No idea. Can't vote yet.

Well, maybe they will consider doing a proper small animal GP in the future after some of the fury has died down. The surely know by now how much the smaller pets mean to us. It would also be nice to see a farm EP with animals.

I am typo girl today.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    No.
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    No idea. Can't vote yet.

Well, maybe they will consider doing a proper small animal GP in the future after some of the fury has died down. The surely know by now how much the smaller pets mean to us. It would also be nice to see a farm EP with animals.

I am typo girl today.

Ahhhhh thatd be terrible! If they released a GP of small pets INSTEAD of this SP, I'd be down. But a cats and dogs EP, first pet SP, and a small pet GP....? I think no...
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    No.
    I can imagine it’s hard not to for those loving Sims 4 (and if you’re prepared to pay €50 for an EP you just do), but I didn’t care for C&D, I don’t care for this pack and then there’s the principle question. Which, I understand, is easier to stick to when you’re not really interested in the first place.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Maybe.. but if it has cool chairs...
    Oh hamburgers!
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Yes.
    Still a yes after the live stream. I thought it was better than I expected. Yes, it technically should have gone in the C&D EP, but I understand why they focused on vets and better cat/dog behaviors/personalities. I actually think for $10 the content isn't bad. The rodents actually do things in their cage, have story popups that can give you stuff and have secret raves etc. Not that I love everything TS4, they've disappointed me in the past. But for what it is, I like it.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes.
    After seeing the disease in action I am very excited for this pack.
  • NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    No.
    I cannot support this pack. I say this as someone who's actually a fairly new simmer, and has never owned the Sims 3 on PC. I love the Sims 4, but this pack is such an obvious cash grab.

I know there's a lot of people who are of the mindset of "I know this is a cash grab. I don't like it. But I guess I'll buy it anyway cause the objects and hamsters are cute." I totally get it; the items in this pack are very tempting, and I was debating with myself whether or not I still wanted to buy it. But here's the thing; if you buy this pack, you are supporting it. And by supporting it, you are telling EA that it's okay to do stuff like this; that it's okay to make an expansion pack, leave some stuff out, and then put it in a stuff pack and charge ten more dollars. Sure, we can complain and protest all we want, but if at the end of the we give EA our money, it's not gonna teach them anything.

(This isn't meant to shame anyone who wants the pack, it's just my stance on things)
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2018
    No.
    I forsee a stuff pack sale in the near future in an attempt to get this specific pack to have higher sales numbers. That will be their acknowledgement that they really screwed up.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    No.
    People wonder why they're doing this, then you see how many voted yes to buying it. Its the Simmers fault.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    No.
    aws200 wrote: »
    People wonder why they're doing this, then you see how many voted yes to buying it. Its the Simmers fault.

Yeah, and i bet that many of the simmers who voted no will buy the stuff pack aswell.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited March 2018
    ....i buy everything for sims 4. everything. so...yah.eventually.

Ugh. Answer changed to no, after livestream.

The objects would make my homes worse looking and I dont want pets walking around wearing miniature versions of clothing I dont even allow my sims to wear. Nevermind.
    Post edited by TheHarbinger_51 on