Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i wonder if will get those balls small pets run around in. not sure what there called.
  • CazualKarmaCazualKarma Posts: 85 Member
    tobumon wrote: »
    Hey guys. Let's have some fun with this pro-only thread in the forum. What small pets are you going to have for your Sims?.

I think I will get a hamster for my sim because I have one in real life, and maybe a Bubalus? But what is a Bubalus?
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited March 2018
    i wonder if will get those balls small pets run around in. not sure what there called.

It's called a hamster ball, although they work with several other small animals (that aren't hamsters) as well. Guinea pigs though should never be put into one of those. Their backs are quite fragile. Something to do with the spine, I think, and they could potentially break their backs and perish if they run around in those.

I think I will get a hamster for my sim because I have one in real life, and maybe a Bubalus? But what is a Bubalus?

It's one of the voidcritters featured in The Sims 4. It looks like a duck mixed with a sheep. You can see it in the trailer.
    DXtvmakWkAEN9Zc.png

Also, there are no hamsters in The Sims 4, remember? I told you that. The Guru dude mistook the guinea pig for a hamster. No hamster appears in the trailer, unless you count that Sim costume, although it could be a mouse.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Well, I think it looks like a guinea pig as well, but that "Guru dude" (heh) made the pack, so he should know. :wink:
  • CazualKarmaCazualKarma Posts: 85 Member
    [

Also, there are no hamsters in The Sims 4, remember? I told you that. The Guru dude mistook the guinea pig for a hamster. No hamster appears in the trailer, unless you count that Sim costume, although it could be a mouse.

Ahh now I get it! I just saw this tweet. :# Well than my First pet will be a Bubalus
    edited March 2018
    Well, I think it looks like a guinea pig as well, but that "Guru dude" (heh) made the pack, so he should know. :wink:

Hey, even gurus can be wrong :3. Heck, I don't think many people are that knowledgeable about animals. You just have to look at Youtube comments to realize it. People don't know jack about dog breeds too. My neighbour from ages ago thought my German Shepherd was a lab.
    Well than my First pet will be a Bubalus

Well you could still get that guinea pig. Just imagine it's an oddly shaped hamster.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @tobumon Your house is so cute! <3
    edited March 2018
    Simanite wrote: »
    @tobumon Your house is so cute! <3

Why, thank you!! I'm gonna deck my house with more pet themed items when pack comes out!! I showed the bedroom to my online friend and she loves it too haha.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    [

Ahh now I get it! I just saw this tweet. :# Well than my First pet will be a Bubalus

whats a baulus?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    5 Days Left!!!!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Have they announced a livestream for this yet? I wanna watch it.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited March 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Have they announced a livestream for this yet? I wanna watch it.

Yes it's coming Friday 11am Pacific 2pm Eastern.

• AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    5 Days Left!!!!
    Apologies that this is unrelated, but I just wanted to say your avatar is awesome. What a gorgeous cat. I love the big ears.
    5 Days Left!!!!
    Apologies that this is unrelated, but I just wanted to say your avatar is awesome. What a gorgeous cat. I love the big ears.

Thank you.
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Live stream should be interesting
    Just hope the poor gurus wont be snowed under with complaints :s
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I'm going to start making room for my critter cages! I just downsized my house and I think that was a mistake. Maybe I'll just move back LOL.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    Live stream should be interesting
    Just hope the poor gurus wont be snowed under with complaints :s

I think they'll survive. :) If they could get through the toddler frenzy they'll get through this.
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Call me a sucker but I'll definitely be buying this bad boy. One of the few SPs I'm actually really interested in! I totally get where some folks are coming from, but color me not surprised by this move. Still, I'm excited for it, so I'll be purchasing :) And I'm glad I'm only just now finding out about it -- less time to wait! :0
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
    I'm going to start making room for my critter cages! I just downsized my house and I think that was a mistake. Maybe I'll just move back LOL.

I just upsized my house for this very reason, and I'm glad I did. My new house is bigger and roomier, even though it's on the same lot my old house was on!
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    LemDoodle wrote: »
    Call me a sucker but I'll definitely be buying this bad boy. One of the few SPs I'm actually really interested in! I totally get where some folks are coming from, but color me not surprised by this move. Still, I'm excited for it, so I'll be purchasing :) And I'm glad I'm only just now finding out about it -- less time to wait! :0

My son was looking over my shoulder while I was reading and saw your avi and demanded I go to the gallery and download it! He's going to get the kitty for himself when he gets on. You now have two new fans ;) . Now I will have another kitty to play with the fish in the new fish tank table!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
    edited March 2018
    I decided to name my future rat Darktan. Fans of Terry Pratchett should get the reference.
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    LemDoodle wrote: »

My son was looking over my shoulder while I was reading and saw your avi and demanded I go to the gallery and download it! He's going to get the kitty for himself when he gets on. You now have two new fans ;) . Now I will have another kitty to play with the fish in the new fish tank table!
    Haha, that's awesome!! Absolutely made my day :) I'm so glad you guys like my colorful cat so much! ;u;
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Thank you for a positive place to hang in, life is a bit difficult at the moment so it is nice to have a calm corner to enjoy things in.

I am really looking forward to the livestream on this one, never got the Laundry Pack but this could be something for me. Hope they will show us all the different kinds of pets that are in it. Rats especially for my part :)
    edited March 2018

Hope they will show us all the different kinds of pets that are in it. Rats especially for my part :)

The trailer showed them all. You can get a rat, guinea pig, african pygmy hedgehog, and a mini bubalus (voidcritter)