The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet SP: Plans & Ideas For Using It (A Positivity Thread)

Hey there, crazy kids!

Let's brush all the hub-bub from the upcoming pack off to the side for a bit. This is a thread for those of us interested in and intending to get the new SP. There have been plenty of threads going on and on about the other side, and this isn't one. Here, I'd like you to share your ideas about what you're going to do with the SP when you have it.

I've been thinking about it all day, and here are my ideas (mostly builds for me, but you're welcome to discuss pets from a family play perspective or whatever too):

-A kid/toddler room with a combo of Kids' Room/Parenthood/MFP furnishings. Could be extended into a full orphanage or nursery.
-A crazy cat lady with a wacky, quirky cat-themed home.
-A pets supply shop. (Can't sell the little pets unfortunately, but can sell everything else!)
-A revamped vet waiting room or entire clinic.
-A quarantine zone for those unlucky Sims infected with the new illness.
-A... zoo? (I'm not sure what the right term is here... showcase?) of all the animals we can collect in the game so far, from the new little pets, to cats and dogs and foxes (and other oddities you can make with those bigger pets in CAS lol), to frogs you can collect, to fish...

Just my ideas, what about you? I know some of you folks are big into families and have Sim kids you wanna give the little pets to. Others maybe have fond memories of real pets you wanna bring into the game. And there are of course the deviants who can't wait to bring on the plague! :D
Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I know I'm gonna use the hamster cage quite often when I build houses, but I wish they'd added more like a terrarium for reptiles/snakes/spiders/frogs
    a256aFi.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'll add the cage to my pet supply shops to sell.

I also might create a ghost hamster to frighten my other sims.
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I have a sim I'm working on having her first child and I am so excited to have the toddler and pets dress alike! I can't even believe how excited I am for that!

I am also very excited to see what all the critters do. I really want to see one take off in the spaceship!

I will also be using the fish tank coffee table! I have 4 cats in my sim home right now and I want to see them react to the fish!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Someone was mentioning hamster suit nights in bars (like bear suit nights). :D Sounds like a funny club idea!
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    edited March 2018
    This pack is gonna tie into the Apocalypse Challenge really well :D Rodent fever started it alllllll... I'm actually looking forward to the pack. I think it's going to be fun to see the rodent have a life and attack sims, that's way more exciting than it's been in previous sims games. Edit: ooooh how about a pet cemetery with rabid hamster ghosts running around.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    If I can get it, I know a few of my apartment sims that would have space for a hedgehog or the like. Either that or a crazy hamster lady...lol
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    I want a Hedge Hog so im stoked
    If I can get it, I know a few of my apartment sims that would have space for a hedgehog or the like. Either that or a crazy hamster lady...lol

Hadn't even thought about apartments! Perfect fit for the little pets!
  • TheNUBaliciousTheNUBalicious Posts: 113 Member
    I've been wanting to build a zoo type build, these little rodents will help fill it in nicely! Also, I can't wait to use the build items...that aquarium table is going to be awesome! And the new illness is going to be hilarious, I'm really excited about it! Could you imagine a skeleton with the illness? Could always enable free build and "donate" a few pets to the jungle dlc, would be interesting to see a rabid hamster Sim in the temple :D
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I do have my thoughts about the marketing of this pack especially (why now? why push "add to the EP" so hard? why not give a discount to people with the EP?), but I also really like that there are hedgehogs and rats, and the idea of a Voidcritter pet, and that aquarium table. There's a lot there that would fit really well with my slightly-off-kilter playstyle, especially if the pets are more interactive than they used to be, or at least somewhat more.

I have Aliens who might well have Voidcritter pets - I'd been thinking about robot dogs for them, but I don't want those wandering around neighbourhoods so I'd been postponing it - and poor Sims whose only pet might be a rat, and obsessed Sims who might dress their children and pets to match (even if I sure never would do anything remotely like that IRL! my Sims are wacky where I am not).

Also my personal head canon would be that it was Voidcritters, an invasive species, that first brought the rodent disease.

<-- spent a good bit of today reading about invasive species

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited March 2018
    Haha love the voidcritter plague idea! :D

Also, rats! I forgot there were rats. Hmm... lab rats for scientist Sims maybe? >:)o:)
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I’m going to decorate my kids room, add the aquarium to a fancy Asian restaurant and let my toddler get her first pet. :blush:
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited March 2018
    I’m really happy about the small rodents in this pack. Before this pack was announced my sims spent a long time in jungle adventure and that’s when I realized they had no time to care for a dog or cat. I was just thinking wouldn’t it be great to have a small pet at a time like this. Low and behold this pack gets announced.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    Awesome ideas. I'm thinking I'll steal the idea of revamping the vet hospital. :) I just started a new game with a single sim so it will be awhile before there's a family and kids so I'll just get her a small pet to keep her company.
    I guess I could go ahead and create my mad scientist. He can create his own pets (in theory) since we now have three void critters. One in dogs, one in cars and, now, one in small pets.

Can you "grow" the pet habitat bigger and how would it affect the pet?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    See, you totally need the C&D pack to enjoy MFP. And it totally is a money grab at hardcore players. But so is every other Stuff Pack. If you don't have C&D and weren't going to get it, I don't feel like this pack is going to make you feel like you need it more. If you're planning to get C&D but need to wait to get the money, you can wait to get this too.

This pet looks good for my kid to have while his mom concentrates on training the doberman. The furniture is super-cute too; I can create a proper Pet Sanctuary with it and other parts will look nice in the kid's bedroom. A room for you to do all things pet-related.

That table will look just awesome in my resturaunt too. It's a table! It's an aquarium! It's a Taquarible! Oh, that's awful...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I know I'm gonna use the hamster cage quite often when I build houses, but I wish they'd added more like a terrarium for reptiles/snakes/spiders/frogs

That would be a lot for a stuff pack....if they were going to make these pets just something like an object that sits in a cage with no real interaction that would be one thing....but if they would each be developed to the level of the hamster, there's no way that would fit the budget of a SP because you'd have to do totally different things for each....can't exactly have them all running around a hamster wheel.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Speaking of spiders, why did Graham tease those other pack icons? Does anyone know?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    Aquarium coffee table can be used

For seafood restaurants

For Nautical Builds

For marine aquariums in the future if we ever get those.
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Speaking of spiders, why did Graham tease those other pack icons? Does anyone know?

I think he was just having fun because the icons looked so similar to EA's. I don't think it meant any thing.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've decided to get it and yes I have ideas.. doesn't mean I'll get to them right away because I'm always stalling myself and starting a different way to play than I thought I would. All the hub-bub over vamps and I'm suddenly actually playing them. Put my jungle play on the back burner for now while I go back and play with an old pack I never explored fully.. go figure.

Either way my thoughts are centered on the small rodents coming. When I play with them I can see giving it to a little aspiring mad scientist... but doubt I'll use it in the adult labs unless I set up a killing room to spread the disease. With of course the main sim always having the cure ready for himself. Poor, poor dirty hamsters...
    I know I'm morbid but I do stuff like that and worse.
    Otherwise I'd like to see what the deal is with the secret lives for the chuckles. I really can't say I have much use for the rest of the pack unless it just fits in with decor otherwise in more normal play save games. The few kids I play tend not to be very normal or colorful.
    I could use them though in my Sims2 Premade save.. Bob & Betty could give a hamster to Brandi. They are safe though.. they will get a cure if they get sick.
    I do like that aquarium table too.. gotta find places to put it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I'm thinking my current Sim will move out of her tiny apartment, and settle down in BB where she'll eventually start gen 10. I love the buy/build items that were in the trailer, I think they will make for an adorable family home in BB. I'm sure the kiddos will get a small pet, right now I'm thinking the hedgehog because they are too cute. It will be fun to see how the two cats she has will react to that as well. For the most part I'll just continue to play as I would have, and use the new items as they fit.
  • DJQ1308DJQ1308 Posts: 44 Member
    I'm planning on getting it.
    No major plans in place yet, but I'm looking forward to making Catarina Lynx place excessively decorated with cat objects.
    Also I'm happy my city dwelling sims can have small pets now. With the toileting issues with dogs I've only really been able to give the San Myshuno residents cats, so it will be nice to add some new pets to the mix!
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Do the have gerbils wan’t to make my own first pet called Pickels RIP little man.
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I came racing over here as soon as I saw -- HEDGEHOGS!! And hamsters too?! I can finally have my whole family in the Sims! Never did I expect them to add hedgehogs. That was an amazing surprise! I'm definitely going to have a mock breeder since I doubt you can breed the small pets. Or at the very least I can have a Sim that's obsessed with them! Oh man... And we don't have to wait that long now either!

my body is not ready
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18