Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Well people said that about Sim City and now it's gone - forever...... Also it's not blackmail. You get something for your money.

How much are you going to compromise this title before it's not worth saving anymore?

You argue we MUST buy or it could meet the fate of Sim City, but I think what you're missing is....let's say the Sims is a fancy Ferrari, but every time they partake in a questionable business practice, it's akin to taking that Ferrari to the repair shop and somehow it comes back out as a less fancy, less pleasing and less impressive car, but with the price tag for repairs in tact.

When do you stop visiting the repair shop? When it's a Honda Accord? When it's motor doesn't start unless you kick it a couple times? When it only has three wheels left?

The people arguing for the tough love route want to call EA's bluff. They want to see if EA is truly ready to drop one of the top 10 best selling franchises of all time, (yes, MUCH bigger in importance than Sim City) or if it's all a bluff. Additionally, there's the rationale that if the loss of quality in the product is inevitable and unavoidable, we might as well save ourselves some time and money and just give it a mercy-killing. After all, SimCity may be dead, but Cities: Skylines rose to claim it's throne. Harvest Moon may be dead, but Stardew Valley took up the torch for it. When games that fill a certain niche die, the concept doesn't simply cease to exist. No, it's inevitable that someone wants to fill the gap in our hearts and makes a new one.

Our choices are simple: be coerced into blindly buying every product they release, regardless of quality or regardless of our satisfaction...
    Or we dare to call out the bluff. Either it'll expose itself as a bluff and improvement will follow, or we may be forced to give the game a mercy killing, but a new competitor to the Sims game would undoubtedly arise to claim it's spot.

At some point, you start thinking that the new competitor would be superior to what's left to salvage from our current title, and for many people...? That moment is now.

I couldn't agree more. Well said.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    And all the while fish are just objects that can’t even be fed. ( a first for the franchise)

Won’t no one think of the fish??

Perhaps a Funky Fish SP is in development :p

Besides the base game, what other packs will be required in order for us to be able to feed the fish?

As many as they believe they can get away with.

Or probably a food stuff pack.

Or a fish club using Get Together, lol
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Selarono wrote: »
    But.....HORSES!! I waited years to be able to make CC for my horse when it finally came out and then nope. Just dogs and cats. Before anyone says it, there are plenty of big enough lots and you can still wander the area in order to go on . You would only have a load screen if you wanted to go on a specific lot. There is plenty of room to go riding, plus it would be awesome to take your horses to granite falls and ride around there. I have loved everything so far, but this has been really disappointing.

I'm hoping for a horses GP. <3
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    catitude5 wrote: »
    {EA_Lanna: Quote removed}
    I feel so sorry for the gurus. They work so hard on this game and are wonderful at engaging with the community, and then they have to take all the garbage when people get angry with the decisions from EA's faceless vultures.

It's not the gurus, we all know it's not up to them. Nobody is mad at them.

Do we?

Listen, I also don't know they are behind it, but seeing this post of yours rubs me the wrong way because it implies we know these people and we're good friends with them.

We don't.
    We're not.

At the very least we know they absolutely knew about this pack and saw it's release coming, yet here it is. We also know that some are out there promoting it. Either they don't care and promote it earnestly or they're lying through their teeth about their satisfaction with it. Even if you'd argue "it's their job, of course they do that," well that's my point: their paycheck is more important to them than our satisfaction, clearly, so we can't exactly sit here and act like they're our pals or harbor no guilt whatsoever in this.

I just feel viewing them as good pals is just asking to have them try to play into your sympathies for more sales.

But you should be able to have a respectful conversation with them, despite your anger at something. I go after a situation I don't like. Not a Guru.

I've not been disrespectful to them. However, respect =/= we're friends and I think they can do no wrong. I don't know them so we're not friends, and yes I think they're very much capable of doing wrong. I mean why should I not suspect they could be a part of this?

At the end of the day, it's truly irrelevant. They had an opportunity to stand up and refuse to do this stuff pack, they didn't. Heck, maybe they tried and got strongarmed into making it. It doesn't matter, the result is the same: we get screwed over, and the gurus are sitting there lying through their teeth on twitter about how much they care with this pack and fan feedback, probably because it's expected of them for their job. Where is my motivation to give them the benefit of the doubt? What does it offer to the situation in a practical sense?

The only practical purpose to pity for the Gurus...? EA can exploit that to try and make the outrage die down. "We may be greedy monsters, but think of the poor Gurus!" That's exactly why I spoke out: I don't see why any of us should be discussing them, because it only benefits EA.

Nah, I don't want the Gurus being some sort of emotional shield for EA to hide behind. They had a chance to speak against this, and either they didn't or nothing came of it and now they've been doing what's needed to do EA's bidding. There is nothing personal about this and I don't have any personal hatred or judgement for the Gurus, because I understand how it is. They have a job to do, and sometimes doing your job stinks. It's easy to say they should do everything to stand against this, but sometimes the possibility of losing a job is just too scary. Regardless of the fact that this is no hard feelings though and nothing personal, I see absolutely no reason for me to sit here and throw a pity party for the Gurus. They're still a cog in the very machine we're all mad at, and yes they contributed.

The Guru's are on the front line. That is who you see. You neither have to pity them or be their new best friend. I think they want to hear your feedback. I would think most are interested on what you have to say, since their work has gone into it. No, sometimes it is not what you want. But I don't think they are in it for the money. I think they are in it because they like to make games. The people who care about the money are higher up the chain.

If the Gurus are on the front line, guess who put them there? It certainly wasn't us.

Either the Gurus were complacent with this and share full responsibility, or - best case scenario - they fought against this practice, were strongarmed into making the pack anyways, and now they're stuck on the front lines despite their attempts, and they're stuck there because their employers will gladly use them as human shields.

Sometimes life isn't fair, but all of us have the power to make choices. If they choice to sit there and stick to that job and smile and grin like nothing's wrong because they want their paycheck? It's understandable. However, they must also be ready to face the downsides to the job, this being one of them. They're grown adults, they can handle it. I would hope they know how to take responsibility for their choices and accept the consequences of such choices. I'm sure both you and I make similar choices in our own lives. Sometimes the ramnifications stink and seem unfair, but that's life, and part of life is learning to deal with it.

It is not our duty to worry about them. No, we should worry about us, because the moment we worry about the Gurus is the very moment EA is throwing a pity party to try and distract people away from the outrage and boost sales.

But the problem is you will never really know what went on. Then it just becomes subjective. You have two choices. You can choose not to buy the pack and explain to them why or buy it.

.....wat

Dude I have more than two choices. I could log off right now and never buy and never say another word. It's crazy to think I owe them anything. I mean what the heck, take a step back and acknowledge reality.

But then you just become a number. You have some very good opinions on things, I would never say you don't. So lets just agree to disagree on this one.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Either people shun this pack and make a point that forces improvement of future packs, or they buy it and there will be more of these packs to follow. Time will tell what the community chooses.

Please don't let the community choose. (Laundry Stuff, I'm looking at you).

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    What good is a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hamster anyway? It lives and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in a cage and that's it.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    And all the while fish are just objects that can’t even be fed. ( a first for the franchise)

Won’t no one think of the fish??

Perhaps a Funky Fish SP is in development :p

Besides the base game, what other packs will be required in order for us to be able to feed the fish?

As many as they believe they can get away with.

Or probably a food stuff pack.

Or a fish club using Get Together, lol

Nah, no money in that. :p We need new ways to rip people off “keep people on their toes by bringing them content in new ways”

Has to be a fish stuff pack. After reptiles but before birds because birds are already in game (bird feeder) and I’m not sure we need more birds with jaggy edges that have sticks for legs.

That said the sims 1 had love birds so they could bring those back and their special feature could be they can make your sims flirty

Ahem... on topic of course. :p
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    It means... more interesting stories for my sims.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    What good is a plum hamster anyway? It lives and plum in a cage and that's it.

Back in my day, we got a hamster in our Sims game for free!
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    The pack is a shameless cash grab. There is nothing original about it, and it’s separation from the EP didn’t actually make it any better than before. If anything we are still getting less for more money. In The Sims 3 you got so much more from one $40 purchase than what you’ll have after spending $50 on Cats and Dogs and Hamsters. Dogs still can’t get on Sim beds, and the pets are still super bland and forgettable. This additional stuff pack full of horrendous clothing that no one in their right mind would use doesn’t change that*

*putting your dog or cat in any of the outfits included in the EP or this SP is tacky and cruel. Your dog/cat isn’t a baby, or a child, you don’t need to dress them up in people clothes and pretend they are a human.

I agree mostly excepting in the last part. I would never use clothes on my cats in real life because I know how bothering it's for them... same I would never kill someone in a pool in real life but I do in the sims. We don't need to make people feel bad about dressing their digital animals to make clear this pack is ridiculous imo
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I just digged up a survey from a couple of years ago that stated that you could create dog, cats and horses as well as riding the horses.
    Obviously we did not get the horses only cats & dogs, so knowing them we will probably have a 'My first horse' SP/GP in a few months :| Yeah it might be just horses and a stable but not to worry the stables may include a special feature where your houses can jump into a rocket and fly into space! :D

If we get a farm GP I really doubt that they would bother putting horses into that... After all it is better just to chop everything up into separate stuff packs and game packs - Undoubtedly you get more for your money that way rather then putting it into one whole pack! :)
    oprah-shakng-her-head.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    The survey handed out is Here .
    giphy_1.gif
  • HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    Two words : Cash Grab
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited March 2018
    Ciarassims wrote: »

I doubt they will make a stuff pack for controlling pets (as it stays in the survey), but I see they did consider pets' careers...
    Post edited by MissNightOwl on
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    The only way we can avoid this happening to future packs is to not buy in to it.
    Do not buy this stuff pack.
    Use your wallets as ammo. Let's come together on this one.
    Don't pay for content that was left out on purpose, just to make a quick buck. Game packs and EP's should be complete, like they have been in the past. Maybe, I would have bought this if it were a small animal pack, but only hamsters? Where are the birds and reptiles? No new fish either. We should've gotten The Sims 4 Pets, instead we got Cats & Dogs, then hamsters, next up a snake pack, a gold fish pack, followed by a horse GP.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

Do not buy this stuff pack.

Sorry...
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited March 2018
    Ciarassims wrote: »

Heh, reading that, all I can think is, "Things change." I wonder if the engine had problems supporting their original ideas.

Edit: Honestly, if that had been the pack we had gotten, I'd be a bit more forgiving on this My First Pet Cash Grab Stuff Pack.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Im sorry, but if the sim series end. It will not be our fault.zIt will be ea, and the people who make decions for it.Why should people by something that they fill like it s not worth it.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited March 2018
    Well I'm glad that they put something out for this month, kinda of like what we had for the sims 3 store. I hope they continue putting out stuff every month now. I was tried of all the dry months.
    beville wrote: »
    Well I'm glad that they put something out for this month, kinda of like what we had for the sims 3 store. I hope they continue putting out stuff every month now. I was try of all the dry months.

Same.
  • Feet46Feet46 Posts: 230 Member
    More stuff from a stuff pack.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I will not support holding back content in an EP to make a SP that goes with it. I'm very upset The Sims team is so blatantly taking the community for a bunch of suckers. Im all for spending my money on good content but this.. oh man, it angers me so much.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    1. This SP content should have been in Cats&Dogs.
    2. We want Seasons :/
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • Feet46Feet46 Posts: 230 Member
    I will not support holding back content in an EP to make a SP that goes with it. I'm very upset The Sims team is so blatantly taking the community for a bunch of suckers. Im all for spending my money on good content but this.. oh man, it angers me so much.

They been doing that for years. I don't know why people are shocked by this business tactic; from EA no less. This is an ongoing problem in the gaming industry as a whole.