Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Mobile: What devices run it???

I have been looking forward to this for MONTHS, and hearing it was finally coming out today? I was delighted until when going to the app store, it said that my Android 4.4 tablet isn't compatible. I'm just wondering what devices it DOES run on, or what operating system. I really hope it's not a smartphone exclusive, because I don't have one. I'm also wondering if it's my OS, if there's a way to update it.
Story_Banner.png
Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)

Comments

• cooldj210cooldj210 Posts: 29 Member
    Hmm I don't know anything about that but I did remember they say in a FAQ that the sims mobile can run Android 4.0 and above but it may have change as for the updates to the game since soft launch.

Google play says that The sims mobile is not compatible with my Android 7.0 LG Aristo, but the sad part is that the game runs perfectly fine because I got the apk for the game but I want to download through the play store instead. Hopefully they can fix or clear up this issue.
  • ragefire88ragefire88 Posts: 11 New Member
    Can't run it ? Have you tried Side loading the APK ? Go to Google play get the game link & find a apk downloader, just cause it states it can't run it from google play doesn't mean it's true.. I had a Android tab 4.2 long ago and learned many games worked side loading in.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Hmm... My Tablet is a Trio:)... I wonder if it's the brand or something? I really don't want to do side loading, it seems like a bit of an unnecessary hassle and stuff. I'd really rather do things properly.
    Story_Banner.png
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I was wondering the same thing because I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A and it ran fine on that APK and now its saying my device isn't compatible.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    Can we get a guru to set us straight??? The only problem is I'm not sure who to tag... :sweat_smile:
    Story_Banner.png
  • cooldj210cooldj210 Posts: 29 Member
    Yeah me too. The only one I know is @SimGuruKate . We need an official post or a simguru because I'm just so confuse :sweat_smile:
    @SimGuruKate Excuse us! Could you please tell us if there's certain brands or why it won't work on our devices???
    Story_Banner.png
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 tablet, android 5.1.1 and the Play Store says I don't have a compatible device.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    edited March 2018
    I can't even find it in Google Play on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy) or on my phone (LG X Power) :/ It was there for the pre-register, now it's gone completely and when I search for it, I get everything but the actual game.
    I can't even find it in Google Play on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy) or on my phone (LG X Power) :/ It was there for the pre-register, now it's gone completely and when I search for it, I get everything but the actual game.

I couldn't find in the store either. I found it using Google and it had a link to get it from the Play Store.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

I couldn't find in the store either. I found it using Google and it had a link to get it from the Play Store.

Either can I. I can find it on the app store online on my computer.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member

Yup same here. Just before it disappeared from the Play Store, I was able to bring it up on my phone, but it said my phone wasn't compatible. :/ Then it just disappeared all together. My husband checked on his phone too, as it is older than mine and he also couldn't find it in there.

Yup same here. Just before it disappeared from the Play Store, I was able to bring it up on my phone, but it said my phone wasn't compatible. :/ Then it just disappeared all together. My husband checked on his phone too, as it is older than mine and he also couldn't find it in there.
    I don't understand why it only says it Requires Android 4.1 and up and mine is on nougat but it says its not compatible on the website version of google play.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited March 2018
    It seems like there's quite a variety in the devices it says it's not compatible with... I wonder why it isn't even properly showing up on Google Play???

EDIT: I just had a thought. I saw on Twitter that users in the UK were able to play, as well as that it takes time for it to properly show up in app stores around the world. I wonder if it's our location??? I'm US based.
    Story_Banner.png
    edited March 2018
    It seems like there's quite a variety in the devices it says it's not compatible with... I wonder why it isn't even properly showing up on Google Play???

EDIT: I just had a thought. I saw on Twitter that users in the UK were able to play, as well as that it takes time for it to properly show up in app stores around the world. I wonder if it's our location??? I'm US based.

I can get it to show up on the google play store but its not compatible so its hidden from my view. But who even knows the specs because its only showing it needs to be higher then android 4.1.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    I have the same issue with my tablet, but it seems like your OS version is not the only requirement- I think your device should have more than 1 GB of RAM in order to be able to run the game.

If your device does meet all the requirements, I saw some people recommending clearing your app's cache (App Store or Google Play) and make sure your app is up to date.

Maybe @EA_Mai could shed some light on this topic. :)
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
    I have the same issue with my tablet, but it seems like your OS version is not the only requirement- I think your device should have more than 1 GB of RAM in order to be able to run the game.

If your device does meet all the requirements, I saw some people recommending clearing your app's cache (App Store or Google Play) and make sure your app is up to date.

When you go to the app it actually says the device is not compatible.....and I have close to 10G available.

When you go to the app it actually says the device is not compatible.....and I have close to 10G available.
    he is saying ram and I can't get mine up to 1 because of my apps.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited March 2018
    I have an older Lenovo Yoga tablet with Android 4.4 (KitKat) and it runs on mine. It doesn't seem to be available for Kindle, though.

I also play on BlueStacks, an Android emulator that runs on KitKat as well.
  • YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    It's not compatible with my phone either and I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

I would understand if I had a really old phone or something, but my phone is pretty dang recent and it's a decently powerful. There's no reason for this game to be incompatible with it.

They made us wait this long for a game that's basically only compatible with iPhones. Cool.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    I noticed that when I searched Google Play for The Sims 4 Mobile, the only thing that would show up are apps related to the sims 4 and sims freeplay. When I searched just "sims mobile" I was able to find it. See if that works.
  • Phantomlover1717Phantomlover1717 Posts: 64 Member
    @Yelleb do you have enough space on your phone? I run the game perfectly fine on a Samsung Galaxy S7.
    Also wanted to let you guys know I'm keeping a list on AHQ of compatible devices: answers.ea. com/t5/Technical-Issues/Info-request-What-Android-device-are-you-running-the-game-on/td-p/6676802
    So is it pretty much an IPhone exclusive??? Salt just got rubbed in the wound because I just got an email saying Sims Mobile is out... I know it's out, but my tablet won't let me have it ;-;
    Story_Banner.png
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I had no problems installing it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet. Google found the old unficial install that I made some months ago and just updated it to the new official version.
  • NikkiKaur15NikkiKaur15 Posts: 477 Member
    the sims mobile says its not compatible with my phone too its a Samsung Galaxy A3 i really wanted to play it too lol too bad