Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    mirta000 wrote: »
    This is so bad that now I'm playing The Sims Mobile... You know, a "wait this amount of time or pay" sort of game, because they seem less scummy about their practices and it gives me my sims fix. This has gone down a very very outrageous route. What's even funnier is that they didn't catch up on all the backlash and are not even trying to fix this.

Be very careful with that.

I posted like a month ago that I thought Sims mobile was Sims 5, and that something they might try to do is get more and more bold and experimental with Sims 4 until people get sick of it. People feel Sims 4 is going down the drain? They'll try Sims Mobile. Just like that, they're inadvertedly pushing people towards the game with the more exploitative model. They'd even be making money off of those too stubborn NOT to buy the stuff packs.

This
    I looked into mobile yesterday, I immediately decided against it. I only wanted it for when I travel (which I can't anyway because it requires internet), but the second I looked at prices for added content I said forget it. It almost seems like we are being backed into a corner here. If we all buy this new SP we're supporting this new way to nickel and dime for content, but if we boycott we may also doom the series (if EA deems it no longer profitable).

If EA wants to trash a franchise they’re going to do it anyway. It’s not our responsibility to make sure The Sims survives if EA continuously makes bad choices for it.

This is true, especially given the current circumstances. I didn't really mean it's our job to do something to save it, it's just unfortunate we're in the position we're in. I would guess most of the community would like to see the series continue on, it's sad that the future of it looks weak at best. Just my opinion anyway
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I just think that the funniest thing about this pack is the huge focus on dressing your Sims and pets in matching outfits and all of the pet themed furniture. That's just so hilarious to me. I get that it's a video game world, but the idea of someone being that obsessed with their pets that they're buying cat themed chairs and sofas and are dressing in matching outfits is cute and funny at the same time XD.
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    This is so bad that now I'm playing The Sims Mobile... You know, a "wait this amount of time or pay" sort of game, because they seem less scummy about their practices and it gives me my sims fix. This has gone down a very very outrageous route. What's even funnier is that they didn't catch up on all the backlash and are not even trying to fix this.

I posted like a month ago that I thought Sims mobile was Sims 5, and that something they might try to do is get more and more bold and experimental with Sims 4 until people get sick of it. People feel Sims 4 is going down the drain? They'll try Sims Mobile. Just like that, they're inadvertedly pushing people towards the game with the more exploitative model. They'd even be making money off of those too stubborn NOT to buy the stuff packs.

This
    I looked into mobile yesterday, I immediately decided against it. I only wanted it for when I travel (which I can't anyway because it requires internet), but the second I looked at prices for added content I said forget it. It almost seems like we are being backed into a corner here. If we all buy this new SP we're supporting this new way to nickel and dime for content, but if we boycott we may also doom the series (if EA deems it no longer profitable).

I think the series is already doomed, honestly. I never thought a Sims game could be as empty as this game is after four years and I have no real expectations that this team could pull a 180 and come out the other end with a Sims 5 that rivaled their older titles in terms of gameplay, creative freedom and value for the cost. I've gone through my stages of grief and now just play the older games and make sure that I have a computer that will always be able to run them, I will not support this iteration again.

The future of the Sims seems likely to be full of monetizing with very little return. I'd love to be proved wholly and utterly wrong, but... *shrug*.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

This

If EA wants to trash a franchise they’re going to do it anyway. It’s not our responsibility to make sure The Sims survives if EA continuously makes bad choices for it.

This is true, especially given the current circumstances. I didn't really mean it's our job to do something to save it, it's just unfortunate we're in the position we're in. I would guess most of the community would like to see the series continue on, it's sad that the future of it looks weak at best. Just my opinion anyway

Oh I totally agree. The comments made in 2014 pertaining to “if Sims 4 isn’t successful there will be no Sims 5..” bordered on blackmail. What better way to force people into funding your game than to tell them if they don’t it’s gonna cease to exist.
    agustd wrote: »
    It's a brand new low but an expected one.

Months ago I've been talking with people about how it's not likely for them to ever improve pets via stuff pack, because they never do dlc exclusive dlc. That's always less profit for them because the audience is limited, right?

And then I've heard cats&dogs was the best selling sims EP EVER. And I suddenly wasn't so sure.

Now I'm not even surprised. They keep proving it to us the word "shame" does not exist in their book.

Eh I don’t think C&D was the best selling EP in the history of the franchise. Probably the best one for Sims 4, but TS4 underperformed for years before they were able to break out of that funk and get people on board.
  • FredraFredra Posts: 42 Member
    edited March 2018
    I know! It's pretty sneaky plan. They published the trailer now for looking our reaction. When they realized we are, ehm, unhappy with the new content, they will announce that they have heard our voices and update it for free for everyone who had Cats and Dogs befor 13th march (after this date it'll be payable). BOOM! People running for buy C&D. It's brilliant!

jk.I'm still looking for sence in EA mind
    ID: granatoweszklo

Sorry for my english, still learning
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Fredra wrote: »
    I know! It's pretty sneaky plan. They published the trailer now for looking our reaction. When they realized we are, ehm, unhappy with the new content, they will announce that they have heard our voices and update it for free for everyone who had Cats and Dogs befor 13th march (after this date it'll be payable). BOOM! People running for buy C&D. It's brilliant!

I honestly don't see them giving this for free at this point. The only thing I'm holding out hope for, is them patching in other small animals in response to the feedback here (but I won't hold my breath on that either).
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member

This

Especially given that in recent years, indie studios have shown they absolutely have the capacity to "revive" franchises under new names. Harvest Moon went down the drain and Stardew Valley and My Time at Portia stepped up to plate. Kingdom Come is yet another open world RPG completely out of nowhere from another indie studio, and it does a lot to mimic some more old-school mechanics that were long missing from the market.

If Sims were to be starved off by EA, better believe a new brand of life simulator is gonna rise up.

I think that's likely to be the case if The Sims does morph into something unrecognisable. There are many examples of failed franchises being revived by other companies. C:S and Planet Coaster are the obvious ones that come to my mind, in addition to what you've mentioned. The only issue I have with indie games is that they sometimes I feel they lack the nostalgia and history of the original franchises, and I find it a little harder to connect with them (CS being the major one for me).

Though, I don't want to be too courageous in speculating that the mobile version will cannibalise the PC version - I understand them to be two separate, but strong, markets.

• Seth_soulSeth_soul Posts: 25 Member
    Fredra wrote: »

Well it will never happen. Giving it for free, I assume that you're in a dream probably :/ EA is just looking for a max of money from this franchise (and others too. Battlefront 2 recently for example... And it seems that they gonna loose the licence for that franchise because of that...), and absolutely not for the satisfaction of their customers...
    edited March 2018

This

Especially given that in recent years, indie studios have shown they absolutely have the capacity to "revive" franchises under new names. Harvest Moon went down the drain and Stardew Valley and My Time at Portia stepped up to plate. Kingdom Come is yet another open world RPG completely out of nowhere from another indie studio, and it does a lot to mimic some more old-school mechanics that were long missing from the market.

If Sims were to be starved off by EA, better believe a new brand of life simulator is gonna rise up.

I think that's likely to be the case if The Sims does morph into something unrecognisable. There are many examples of failed franchises being revived by other companies. C:S and Planet Coaster are the obvious ones that come to my mind, in addition to what you've mentioned. The only issue I have with indie games is that they sometimes I feel they lack the nostalgia and history of the original franchises, and I find it a little harder to connect with them (CS being the major one for me).

Though, I don't want to be too courageous in speculating that the mobile version will cannibalise the PC version - I understand them to be two separate, but strong, markets.

I’m gonna slightly disagree on Planet Coaster. It’s a fabulous game that I thoroughly enjoy, but Frontier Studios also developed RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 so I don’t really know if I would classify them as an indie developer.

CS is also a fantastic game.
  • Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    I just want to be excited about Expansions and Stuff packs again. For the most part, every pack in TS3 got me all hyped up and I was so excited to play with/use the content that came with each one, and I wasn't dissapointed with it. With Sims 4 there's always something missing. Instead of getting excited about new content announcements I sigh and wonder what they've left out or what missing feature they're finally getting around to adding back in.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member

This

I’m gonna slightly disagree on Planet Coaster. It’s a fabulous game that I thoroughly enjoy, but Frontier Studios also developed RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 so I don’t really know if I would classify them as an indie developer.

CS is also a fantastic game.

Yeah, I wasn't necessarily referring to them as being from an indie developer, but rather an example of a franchise being continued by someone else (Frontier as opposed to Atari), not just indie devs.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Watch as many people will simply buy it for the disease. They'll get their return on the gamble alright. The continuation of this endless cycle will remain. Nothing will change.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    My misunderstanding. 100% on board with your original comment then :smiley:
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm not buying.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Stuff packs basically replace the TS3 store, and I spent more money on less with that game. I'll buy this. Everything adds something new and I love the coffee table and I want minor pets.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I'm going to go ahead and say that someone in development has a "Furry" fetish!

Starting with Outdoor Retreat bears (though I guess they didn't have any other ideas on how to make the bear work).

Then you have furries dressed as Raccoons! So now... I'm starting to wonder!

NOW... they have that creepy furry hamster dancing at the end!

I don't have all the packs, so there's probably another animal outfit that I missed!

UNFORTUNATELY - I can't "unsee" what I already saw - a creepy dancing hamster furry! I must go now and cry in a corner... :bawling:

Thanks EA!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    The purpose of every company or place of employment is to give back to society. Right now all of us are conversing online through the means of products and services that none of us helped create. Some random strangers we don't know are to thank for our keyboards. Some random strangers we don't know developed our computer technology. Others are keeping our internet stable, and some others even built chairs and desks.

We don't know these people and have no way of thanking them, yet they gave us something. The best way we can thank them is by continuing that mindset and giving back to society ourselves. This is how the world goes round: everyone working to aid society.

EA has forgotten what it means to provide a service to society and has become lost in the numbers. To them, it's not about the quality of the work or the service that you provide to society, but rather about the money. They don't care about the service, they care about the wealth. They will gladly minimize work effort and work provided while attempting to maximize profit for it and won't feel any shame whatsoever.

Little moves like this remind me that EA has lost it's way and doesn't want to give back to society, but wants to be as parasitic as possible within the confines of still working a job. Price increases and changes in policy do not occur because they're adapting to the fair market price, but rather because they just want money.

To me? It's a grim reminder that the staff behind Sims 4 does not care about the quality of the game. Quality is only provided when it's a requirement to make money. When it isn't, it's optional. I don't see why I should have faith in any future products from the Sims team if this is their true attitude towards their fans.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • 0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    I feel like they are just sucking money out of simmers. Most simmers paid $50 for that expansion and now they are adding more animals in a separate stuff pack!
    It feels like a quick cash in on the EP’s popularity. If EA wants to release a small pets SP more power too them, but this is pretty much a Cats & Dogs Expansion Stuff Pack featuring one new pet as the gameplay feature. Just my opinion, but they had an entire expansion dedicated to only cats and dogs this time and they couldn’t even give them a sufficient assortment of stuff? Doesn’t really help that the non-pets items in this pack are a continuation of content included in C&D. I’m just not impressed, and really not interested in spending money on it. It feels like it was intended to be in the EP.
  • XwantonXwanton Posts: 85 Member
    I wish, if this splitting the packs route was really necessary, that there were more than just rodents in this. This could have been much further developed into a general small pets pack. I've zero interest in hamsters, but I want birds. Are all other types of small pets just being left out now? This series should be innovating and improving on its predecessors, not taking features away. It's so disappointing.