Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who actually USES pet clothing?

Now that we have a 'whole' new stuff pack coming with extra pet clothing I am left wondering, who actually uses that? I mean, sure, my mom dresses her chihuahua princess in a sweater, but shes probably making up for no longer having kids in her house.... I like to play more realistically. As someone mentioned in the pet stuff pack thread, pets don't need clothes, they have fur. (Special human made hairless breeds aside ofcourse). Then why would we even want to pay 10 dollars for even more of this colorful-in-a-trailer but otherwise useless stuff?

Comments

• CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I don’t, to me there is no reason to dress them. If there was a pets fashion show or something of the sort I would but without that I don’t see why. I get they want to add more pet stuff but why not jobs for pets or pet competitions.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I pike the sweater/t-shirts. More collars would be nice. It's not something very enticing for me though and not the selling point of the new stuff pack as far as it concerns me. I just want the new objects-buy I'll refrain.
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I play the sims to escape reality! I love alien abductions! I adore vampires! My sims travel to space and can be a doctor one day and a cop the next or just run around the world collecting rocks!

I don't use the pet clothing in game as much as some I'm sure, but I do like to use it sometimes. With the new pack I am already planning to dress my pets up to match my toddlers! It's so cute!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    No, but I'm going to start.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I do! And I doubt that if the usage stats showed that people weren't using them they'd have added more. We all play differently. I for one am glad they're catering to people who don't play realistically all the time as well as to those who do.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited March 2018
    I was unhappy when C&D had so many pet clothes, because I dislike the idea of dressing up animals. Now we've got the stuff pack coming too, so that's even more... I admit I'm planning to give pet clothing a go at some point, because I like to make use of content that I have. You could say that I'm warming up to the idea (in game).
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    Eh. I use the cute collars, scarves, that one dog sweater, and that vest(?) used for walking dogs.
    I have nothing against pet costumes IRL as long as the pet didn't seem to hate (as in the owner didn't have to fight to get it on) I just don't have any desire to use them in game.
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I see lots of Youtubers who do.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I do give some of my pets sweaters or t-shirts to go with their collars in game. I don't use the costumes or hats though since they don't really go with anything or seem useful to me.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited March 2018
    it's a game
    people can use whatever tf they want :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I tend to use clothing mainly for dogs, with collars and scarves for the big dogs really, but only if it looks like it would actually fit well on them. It's stupid to force something on that clearly doesn't fit the animal. For small dogs, which I don't really play much of, I'm fine with a little sweater for them or something, so long as once again, it's nice fitting for them. Plus I like to put small dogs onto rich-looking and posh Sims, and it's more immersive to their lifestyle to put a fuzzy sweater on their little dog.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    I use the pet clothing. With clothing they look cute and makes pet creating fun. I think that pet clothing makes the pet have unique look.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    No my personal preference is to leave them alone as they don't need to wear clothing. However if we had a seasons ep I would consider putting jumpers and coats on my dogs just to keep them warm when they're on their cold winter day walks.
    giphy_1.gif
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I like to play more realistically. As someone mentioned in the pet stuff pack thread, pets don't need clothes, they have fur. (Special human made hairless breeds aside ofcourse).

Actually there are pets that are made by "mother nature" that NEEDS clothes to be able to go outside. One of those breeds is Devon Rex(cat). I know this because I happen to own two. My cats can't go outside without their sweaters if it's not warm enough(+15C). Devon's don't have actual fur that would protect them from cold and some Devon's barely have any fur on them.

About Devon Rex breed's history:
    They originated in Devonshire, England, in the late 1950s when a Miss Cox found that a stray cat in her care had given birth to a rather odd looking curly-haired kitten. Delighted with the kitten’s elfin features and wavy curls, she named him Kirlee – the founding father of this unique breed.
    Mother Nature created the feline oddity, this lithe and winsome pixie cat. Man had no hand in the mutation, but man did step in and make it possible for the mutation to survive and flourish

So yeah some pets do actually/naturally need clothes to be able to go outside.
  • Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    edited March 2018
    I give small dogs the plain, solid colored sweater sometimes but that's about it. And of course collars but to me that's not clothing.
    Post edited by Xavy_Cat on
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Depends on what the clothing is.
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »

For those types of pets sweaters are fantastic lifesavers! (Though I don't know how such a cat would live in the wild, but that aside....) However, I can't imagine a pet needing a shark or hotdog costume, or the likes of which that are found in the packs. And a regular dog or cat with fur usually doesn't need any clothing at all.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I like to play more realistically. As someone mentioned in the pet stuff pack thread, pets don't need clothes, they have fur. (Special human made hairless breeds aside ofcourse).

Actually there are pets that are made by "mother nature" that NEEDS clothes to be able to go outside. One of those breeds is Devon Rex(cat). I know this because I happen to own two. My cats can't go outside without their sweaters if it's not warm enough(+15C). Devon's don't have actual fur that would protect them from cold and some Devon's barely have any fur on them.

They originated in Devonshire, England, in the late 1950s when a Miss Cox found that a stray cat in her care had given birth to a rather odd looking curly-haired kitten. Delighted with the kitten’s elfin features and wavy curls, she named him Kirlee – the founding father of this unique breed.
    Mother Nature created the feline oddity, this lithe and winsome pixie cat. Man had no hand in the mutation, but man did step in and make it possible for the mutation to survive and flourish

Don't forget the entirely hairless Sphynx cat! But that makes sense since you don't need fur in the desert.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • 0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    I don't.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

I don’t consider that a need. If you live in an area where it gets cold outside, why let the cat out there in the first place?
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I use the pet clothing. Not the sushi or shark or any of that type stuff, but the cute little sweaters and tee's. I've used the winter hat on a dog, but I can't bring myself to use the grilled cheese hat. I just don't go for the ridiculous type clothing, for neither sim nor pet.
  • XwantonXwanton Posts: 85 Member
    No, I don't. I'm not a fan of dressing up animals. My dog isn't either. :tongue:
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    edited March 2018

For those types of pets sweaters are fantastic lifesavers! (Though I don't know how such a cat would live in the wild, but that aside....) However, I can't imagine a pet needing a shark or hotdog costume, or the likes of which that are found in the packs. And a regular dog or cat with fur usually doesn't need any clothing at all.

That's why Devon's aren't meant to be outside cats. I live in Scandinavia so my babies can rarely spend any time outside. But once they have a chance they love it! Ofc I wont let them spend any time outside without me watching over them because they are inside cats.

Don't forget the entirely hairless Sphynx cat! But that makes sense since you don't need fur in the desert.

I love Sphynx cats! I didn't mention them tho because the original post stated "special human made hairless breed" and some people say that sphynx cats are "human made" due the really selective breeding(even tho heirless cats have been recorded throughout history). I didn't wanna cause a fight over that breed. But their actual hairless gene is natural mutation just like Devon Rex's special genes.

Someday when I have enough time for a cat like Sphynx I'm so gonna get one :blush:

Edited because of my spelling mistakes
    Post edited by ItsJanier on