Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of the Warrioress Gen 2 - Updated 05/30

Comments

• SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    @MrsRacooney Chapter splitting really does help! :D
    I both liked and disliked Haimon, so mainly I'm just glad he got a taste of that coveted freedom before his time came. Not surprising that Penthesilea killed him, but the reasoning behind it was. I'm also curious how she'll get home and if Haimons people will seek their own revenge (maybe even next generation).
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    @Sarahkay Yes, definitely. Although that only means one chapter in the time of two at the moment :joy:
    Yes, I had a feeling you kind of foresaw his death. Glad you were at least surprised by the motive thought :D And I promise Penthesilea won't just get away unharmed, the Westerners are very resentful! Who knows, maybe you're even right with that something of that dispute will enter the next gen?
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Those who are on Tumblr already know but I wanted to tell the others, too. Exams are covering me head over in work so as sorry as I am, there will be no chapter for at least one week. Mind can't bear doing productive things in the evening any more. But I can already tell the next one's gonna follow Penthesilea and a few... problems she's getting. ;)

Meanwhile, I've played around a bit in CAS and some of the results are quite good! Please take that as a peace offering :p
    2nqz9zm.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Those who are on Tumblr already know but I wanted to tell the others, too. Exams are covering me head over in work so as sorry as I am, there will be no chapter for at least one week. Mind can't bear doing productive things in the evening any more. But I can already tell the next one's gonna follow Penthesilea and a few... problems she's getting. ;)

Meanwhile, I've played around a bit in CAS and some of the results are quite good! Please take that as a peace offering :p
    2nqz9zm.png

I accept that. I know the stress of exams well! :#
  • DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member

2nqz9zm.png

Peace offering accepted *generous*

Seriously, Godspeed! *pressing all the thumbs forya*! :D.
    @Bugsie2016 @Damaro Wow what am I lucky to have such forgiving and generous readers :D<3
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Sadly, this is no new chapter but a little special that @Bugsie2016 and I have worked on for a while. So, Happy Easter and have fun with C.I.A.R.A.! ;)

53pfyv.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Sadly, this is no new chapter but a little special that @Bugsie2016 and I have worked on for a while. So, Happy Easter and have fun with C.I.A.R.A.! ;)

53pfyv.png

So for everyone who wanted to read yesterday and accidentally isn't fluent in German, I hope you have survived our little April Fool well ;) Of course, this story will stay in English and @Bugsie2016 and I have published the English version of the special today. Have fun!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Haha, I wondered who will prank his readers on Aprils fool day. :D.

Überaus nettes Extra, hätte gern mehr davon. :)
    Ich fand die Idee gar nicht so schlecht dass du ab sofort in deutsch weiter schreibst. Mixt etwas Multikulti in den Cocktail 8'D ( Und es ist wesentlich einfacher für mich... aber psssscht. Alles nur für die sprachliche Weiterbildung der Mitleser. XD)
    edited April 2018
    @Damaro Haha, yeah we couldn't resist :D
    Freut mich, dass es dir gefallen hat. Ob und wann es noch weitere Extras gibt, noch keine Ahnung. Dabei bist du natürlich auch eine der Wenigen, die die erste Version verstanden haben :D 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Deutsch wäre für mich auch einfacher.. aber egal. Sind wir mal egoistisch und dienen nicht der sprachlichen Weiterbildung der anderen, sondern unserer :p

For everyone who'd like to meet Penthesilea's Goddess at last while waiting for the next chapter (it's hopefully gonna be out there until Sunday), here's a little presentation about her. More about other deities and legends will be added later and have a site on the blog as well for those who aren't motivated enough to check for updates on tumblr. ;)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Please fasten your fancy Amazon leather seatbelts, ladies and gentlemen, because we actually have a real, non-fake and true chapter today! Well, the missing half of it :D
    And fate (or karma, whatever you prefer) doesn't seem to let Penthesilea get away with her deed so easily in chapter 47.5

1jaxs8.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    I got no words right now..you left me wordless. :lol:
  • SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    That was intense! I am happy to see that she made it out of the that scuffle! It was an emotional chapter, poor Penthesilea. The whole ordeal couldn't have been easy. I hope that she makes it back home alright.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    You had me on the edge of my seat there! :D. Good job, very intense chapter!

Beautiful landscape btw! :open_mouth:
    The little hills are cc objects?

Will we ever find out what Haimon's relationship with that woman was?
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I'm still not sure if I should cheer for her and wish for her to escape. She killed my favourite Haimon after all.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

And there I though this chapter would be easier to stomach than the last one... :cold_sweat:
    That was intense! I am happy to see that she made it out of the that scuffle! It was an emotional chapter, poor Penthesilea. The whole ordeal couldn't have been easy. I hope that she makes it back home alright.

It seems Penthesilea still holds some sympathy from you which makes me glad :) The Goddess was definitely with her in that one, otherwise even an experienced fighter like her wouldn't have made it. And you're totally right, she's drained :/
    Damaro wrote: »
    You had me on the edge of my seat there! :D. Good job, very intense chapter!

Beautiful landscape btw! :open_mouth:
    The little hills are cc objects?

Will we ever find out what Haimon's relationship with that woman was?

Thank you, the landscape was the main reason why the making took so long. Spend many, many hours on that :s Yes, the hills are cc.
    You will indeed find out who she is and how she is related to Haimon. Soon, even .
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I'm still not sure if I should cheer for her and wish for her to escape. She killed my favourite Haimon after all.

Let's say I'm a bit surprised in a positive way that there is still so much understanding for Penthesilea? However, of course you're right. Her deed can never be justified. She will not get away without any kind of punishment.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26

And there I though this chapter would be easier to stomach than the last one... :cold_sweat:
    It's a good thing to leave me wordless...means you did good as always. Ever notice my lack of words after reading a chapter? Means I enjoyed it too much to form sentences afterwards.
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Well, she could escape from Westerners, but she"ll never escape from herself. It will haunt her to the end of her life.

It's a good thing to leave me wordless...means you did good as always. Ever notice my lack of words after reading a chapter? Means I enjoyed it too much to form sentences afterwards.

Goodness my dear don't make me blush :o:sweat_smile: Thank you! <3

@roseinblack69 Wise words are escaping your mouth...

And for everyone who isn't on tumblr and has seen the posts there already, a page about the Goddess of War has been made here. With time, more deities of Santrake and the other tribes, too will be added. So far, please enjoy the two present ones!
    33olkpv.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited April 2018
    @MrsRacooney The picture is awesome! I love the mythology you create for your story. What an amazing idea!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Nice trivia, I'm a sucker for that! xD
    Can't wait for the sea god and the bright goddess.
    Is the dark goddess another form of the goddess of Santrake too or does she get an own page?
    Poor Goddess' daughters ... for ever standing in your mother's shadow... so much no one sees you and knows you are there :open_mouth:
    Yikes, first reply got lost so now to type everything again :s

@Maladi777 @Damaro Thanks! Whenever someone gives such information away for their own story I'm the first to practically soak it in, too :D

@Damaro Those two will follow when the Santrake mythology is finished. They still need a makeover in CAS.
    You got it right, the Dark Goddess is another form of the Goddess of War and yet she will have an own page.

The thought behind that was that those countless Amazon tribes needed something they'd have in common to make them allies rather than enemies in general. So what if they all worshipped the same goddess?
    Now when @roseinblack69 's Amadahy Blessing Moon visited Penthesilea and advised her referring to the Goddess, she gave me the idea that maybe all those different deities from other author's tribes might be one. Maybe in the beginnings of the Amazon lifestyle there only was one goddess on whom the view changed for each tribe on its own according to their different cultures and living conditions so that in the end, she was completely different and unique.
    Those authors who like that idea are invited to see it that way, too without the Santrake Goddess being "the true" or "the first" one or whatsoever. She's only one of many incarnations that evolved from the primordial goddess.
    Those who don't like it may see it differently, though. I surely won't dictate anyone how to view their tribe's deities :p It's like a theory and theories have the characteristics that they may or may not be true :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    Omg, I'm almost caught up, not quite, but I had to say you're making me SUPER nervous with what may be going down in the next couple chapters :#
    /Peeks through fingers
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    edited April 2018
    @WagonFruit Yes, followed your journey on Weebly with, uh, a little delay :D Thank you for reading! <3
    Well, considering the situation it might not be unwise to be nervous? :# Maybe? Or maybe not? Although one would think your own Amazons have toughened you :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    Pfft! What are you suggesting?? (tries to hide all the dead bodies) o:)
    FzWOQ8X.jpg