Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Education ep or gp coming soon?

aero2491aero2491 Posts: 55 Member
I have seen a few things that could be hinting at a education ep or gp. What about you guys?

These are opinions so don't be rude to people.

Comments

• MgalbMgalb Posts: 62 Member
    I'd be super excited for a possible education pack. What do you think might be hinting at it?
  • NicoleaNicolea Posts: 48 Member
    What things have you seen?
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I really really really hope so
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Hints about an education pack? This is news to me
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I haven't heard any news but I've seen people as well as myself voicing our opinions about having something about Education Pack I suggested a school day Game Pack because I've seen a lot of people don't like how really don't have much to do and teens looking like YA but they go to school. My thing is what does kids/teen life consists of that's education now if we get education in the game not only will it give kids more activities but the teens will act more like teens also add in education like teacher/principal as a job.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd like to see an education pack that includes more educational options, such as either homeschooling or s, ome sort of "active school" options, similar to the CL careers. So you could choose each day whether your children/teens would go to the offscreen "school" or if they "study from home" with two or three tasks, like collect three frogs or catch three fish for Biology Lab, or pick 5 plants for Botany (or Herbology if there's a Harry Potter/magic component down the road) after the ability for children to harvest plants is patched in, or you interview an Elder about life during their childhood then write an essay. Class assignments could be adjusted for what packs you have; if you have CL then maybe your assignment for Cooking Class would be to eat from 3 different food carts, if you have Kids Room Stuff your child would have to give a puppet show, or if you have Fitness Stuff your teen could have to work out on the fitness wall for 2 Sim Hours. Add in activities like Graduation (for both children and teens) and Prom for teens which could be active rather than a rabbit hole like Sims 3, and held at one of the nightclubs or maybe a hidden lot with everything needed like food and drink. Maybe an active Daycare career where toddlers (and babies if they're ever transformed from mere objects) are dropped off and your Sim (maybe one or two others if it's treated similar to the Retail and Restaurant business options) had to take care of them (take care of needs, play with them to develop skills)

It could even add some limited education options for adults, at least the ability for online learning which can help with job promotions, then a future University pack could expand more on post-secondary (college/university) educations, adding an actual college, active classes as well as rabbit hole, and on-campus life. Sims can bring their entire family to the university world (since the spouse/offspring can go to work/school from anywhere) so that the whole family can benefit from what's available on campus. Or maybe you just have your Sim commute to campus, which would be cheaper but would mean less participation in extracurricular activities.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    What hints have you seen?
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    What hints have you seen?

Probably none, just one of the many things posted in "speculation and rumor" that would be better posted in the ideas corner.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    I’d love this. Maybe an active teacher career. Or bring back in home daycare.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I want active school. Using the get to school mod (which is not equal to what a Game pack could be) only confirmed that for me.I want active school for high schoolers and kids with sports and extracurricular activities . Graduation ceremonies and drop outs. Or failing grades leading to being held back .
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I’d love this. Maybe an active teacher career. Or bring back in home daycare.

I love the idea of an active teacher career! Had never even thought about something like that even though I am actually studying to become a teacher. :sweat_smile:
    Also, as a student... I'd also be fully contented with the good ol' University making another comeback. :) But for the sake of actually adding new stuff, I'd love an active teacher career or an active high school! Not so interested in the child stage myself, but something like working from home where you collect things like @stilljustme2 mentioned would be nice to add for children and not all too difficult for the gurus to implement I suppose. (:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • BjDabomb24BjDabomb24 Posts: 15 Member
    I really just want my Sim to go to College tbh lol
  • BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    Education gamepack should include: New school types (Middle school for preteens, preschool for toddlers, academies, private school, military school), school uniforms, preteen life stage
  • Stephy1231Stephy1231 Posts: 21 Member
    I would love an education pack! After school activities, prom, basketball, soccer, baseball teams and all of the above!
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »
    Education gamepack should include: New school types (Middle school for preteens, preschool for toddlers, academies, private school, military school), school uniforms, preteen life stage

I would also like a tween lifestage added because it adds more fun and it's never been done. Also school will give them more to do since most of kids,tween, and teen life is nothing but school life Game name idea School Life Gamepack.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I would SO love this! That would actually be really fun. May I ask where you found this info though.
    Who said that a Education GP was coming soon because no sources at all have information about this?!
    giphy.gif

giphy_1.gif
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2018
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    I would SO love this! That would actually be really fun. May I ask where you found this info though.
    Who said that a Education GP was coming soon because no sources at all have information about this?!
    giphy.gif

jagxmd.gif
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    That would be pretty great.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    What are these hints you're speaking of?
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ChelsialyChelsialy Posts: 25 Member
    I really hope so, because I'd love a university or an education pack!
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    ''I have seen a few things that could be hinting at a education ep or gp''

As this question hasn't been answered, I'm guessing it's just a hunch purely to start up a fire and there's no info seen anywhere.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
    Gelysen wrote: »

As this question hasn't been answered, I'm guessing it's just a hunch purely to start up a fire and there's no info seen anywhere.

Yeah pretty much it's people asking for Education Pack because really kids/teens haven't much to do in the game and kids and teens life consists fully around education and school at this age so why not ask/give ideas to the gurus it will teens/kids more things to do.
    Gelysen wrote: »

I dont see a problem at all with people talking about what they would like to see in the game. Its in the speculation forum, so no one should be mislead.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Well, technically the "want" or idea of an Education pack came from an old survey that talked about "School" for younger ages, over the traditional university. Over time it inspired idea threads (there's a massive one that I could think of automatically but I can't find the link) that added on to the survey's ideas. Personally, in my own old thread, I thought of an educational system that would deep root itself in the current school system that would follow the kids from (optional) preschool toddlers to college young adults. I've heard from other simmers of online classes which I find just as interesting as well. Even homeschooling. an actual learning daycare (pretty much preschool I suppose)

Some have even found useful ideas for "preteens" just in school pack thoughts alone. Considering school is something that pretty much all ages have to experience (well minus very young babies :lol: ), It's very easy to broaden it's approach outside of the party hard college kids. So It's something I really hope they look into.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
    Oh yeah! The survey! :) It had so many great ideas! :) Go to school is my favorite one <3

If they ever chose to make a pack so awesome, as the go to school one would be i would have so much more fun playing this game. children and teens feel like a large part of their life is missing. no way in 2018 our kids should still be disappearing off to rabbithole schools. In America , we spend over a decade of our lives in public school, Children/teens life stage feels incomplete.