Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons got confirmed by EA customer support staff

2...Next

Comments

• Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    edited March 2018
    While we know that we will most likely get Seasons relatively soon, I would take that "leak" with a huge grain of salt. Support staff probably wouldn't even know about products in development until shortly before they're announced. Plus, the NDA they certainly signed means that any release of unpublished information would result in losing their jobs if not face legal action.
  • BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    I don't see any problem asking what the developers are planning. I wouldn't completely trust what the representatives are saying.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Yeah, no. It sounds like EA isn't properly training their reps.

A second rep commented that upon checking, it is releasing on September 18th, 2018.

DXfx2cXXcAE7Nry-1.jpg

Go ahead and Google "Sims 4 Seasons release date", and you'll be brought to this thread.

In other words, the both of them seem to just be Googling information and retrieving the first thing they find without reading.
    Can’t help wondering if ‘you’ here is called Bernadette. She has visions.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Yeesssss!!! That's great newsss!!!!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Regardless of how fake this most likely is, I doubt it would surprise anyone to know Seasons is probably next in line, lol. It's the most asked for pack we don't have yet, and I'm sure there have been folks who have obsessed over the game codes enough to come up with all kinds of 'hints' and 'clues' and 'conspiracy theories' about it. :p

It would be more newsworthy if it were some idea other than Seasons, lol.

I agree, I definitely think it's coming very soon regardless. I can't see why else The Sims 4 would be at EA Play, unless it's some huge, new feature that has never been done before.

They’ve been at EA Play since EA Play started, Lol
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I would take this with a pinch of salt. I've spoken to Ea customer support via live chat a few times and quiet often you get false information or they get confused and just go with what your saying.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Oh no! Someone might lose their job. Oh gosh, I feel bad for them. Hopefully it'll be fine lol. But yah, kinda an unsaid but almost obvious thing that Seasons would be the next expansion. Which is why i'm always telling people on fb to stop asking for it and put new ideas in their head instead :D

If we believe them that there isn't a set schedule, like Seasons has follwed Pets in the past as the next EP, then it might not even be Seasons EP next but University so those people over on FB need to keep requesting it, if we take Maxis at their word that there is no set EP release rule of which EP they do next.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Regardless of how fake this most likely is, I doubt it would surprise anyone to know Seasons is probably next in line, lol. It's the most asked for pack we don't have yet, and I'm sure there have been folks who have obsessed over the game codes enough to come up with all kinds of 'hints' and 'clues' and 'conspiracy theories' about it. :p

It would be more newsworthy if it were some idea other than Seasons, lol.

I agree, I definitely think it's coming very soon regardless. I can't see why else The Sims 4 would be at EA Play, unless it's some huge, new feature that has never been done before.

Such as hinted at of the cross over platforms, (more of that sort of stuff). That might be the big reveal at EA Play.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I would take this with a pinch of salt. I've spoken to Ea customer support via live chat a few times and quiet often you get false information or they get confused and just go with what your saying.
    I’ve been under the impression it’s a robot you’re talking to more than once. And robots will repeat what you say, in order to suggest an actual conversation.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Was there any doubt that we wouldn't get Seasons, one of the most popular packs in every version?
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’ve been under the impression it’s a robot you’re talking to more than once. And robots will repeat what you say, in order to suggest an actual conversation.

Same here. There's also definitely a language barrier a lot of the times, so they'll just repeat what you're saying.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    As much as I would like Seasons, I will wait to hear official leaks or news from the dev's themselves. Quite frankly I just see this as stirring the pot and getting everyone riled up. No offense.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

But would a robot legitimately make up a specific release date like that for an expansion in TS4 that hasn't happened yet but know people want it? Makes you wonder...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png