Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    The pack is a shameless cash grab. There is nothing original about it, and it’s separation from the EP didn’t actually make it any better than before. If anything we are still getting less for more money. In The Sims 3 you got so much more from one $40 purchase than what you’ll have after spending $50 on Cats and Dogs and Hamsters. Dogs still can’t get on Sim beds, and the pets are still super bland and forgettable. This additional stuff pack full of horrendous clothing that no one in their right mind would use doesn’t change that*

*putting your dog or cat in any of the outfits included in the EP or this SP is tacky and cruel. Your dog/cat isn’t a baby, or a child, you don’t need to dress them up in people clothes and pretend they are a human.

Do you know that the Sims isn't actually real life? :grey_question::confused:
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    What this SP means to me:

My Sims (and I) will have so much fun with it! :kissing_heart:

You mean 2 weeks (hopefully) of fun and then wait until the next pack comes out?
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    Additional content for my sims. No different than any other stuff pack.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Why only a mouse? :( ;(

So they can milk ppl and add a rat at a later date.
    SeriouslyIf there was a thumbs down button on the forum I'd be wacking it by now

Uhh, there is a rat. There's Mouse, Rat, Pygmy Hedgehog, and a pink sheep looking thing.

Is a Voidcritter
    The pack is a shameless cash grab. There is nothing original about it, and it’s separation from the EP didn’t actually make it any better than before. If anything we are still getting less for more money. In The Sims 3 you got so much more from one $40 purchase than what you’ll have after spending $50 on Cats and Dogs and Hamsters. Dogs still can’t get on Sim beds, and the pets are still super bland and forgettable. This additional stuff pack full of horrendous clothing that no one in their right mind would use doesn’t change that*

*putting your dog or cat in any of the outfits included in the EP or this SP is tacky and cruel. Your dog/cat isn’t a baby, or a child, you don’t need to dress them up in people clothes and pretend they are a human.

Oh durr, how could I forget? Thanks for the reminder that this video game isn’t real life!

They marketed this game on how “realistic” the pets are. You can’t have it both ways. We were going for realism, but at the same time we weren’t because this is not real life. Blows a hole through their arguments, such as dog kennel owners being bad owners per Grant’s official statement.

Oh yeah I want a dog house. Maybe it will come in its own SP.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    5 pets that act exactly the same. What a joke. Really, we should at least have got birds and turtles too.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Oh durr, how could I forget? Thanks for the reminder that this video game isn’t real life!

They marketed this game on how “realistic” the pets are. You can’t have it both ways. We were going for realism, but at the same time we weren’t because this is not real life. Blows a hole through their arguments, such as dog kennel owners being bad owners per Grant’s official statement.

At this rate they probably will, and they will be nothing more than a reskin of the existing pet beds. Lol
    edited March 2018
    What this SP means to me:

My Sims (and I) will have so much fun with it! :kissing_heart:

You mean 2 weeks (hopefully) of fun and then wait until the next pack comes out?

No, I meant what I said (mind-blowing, huh?)

1509470187684.gif

My Sims will enjoy having small pets and decorating their homes and kids rooms with the stuff from this SP for as long as I play the Sims 4, because I don't just exclusively play with one pack at a time and nor do I think of a tiny SP as a complete game changer.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Idk how much money LGR is getting from doing his Sims videos but I'm of half a mind to suggest he SKIP doing the review for this pack just off principle.

No he needs to blast into the fiery char that it deserves, this is truly deserving of all the vitriol he can muster.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member

• RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm absolutely livid. I mean I'm already cynical about this game and EA in general but I was still taken aback by this. I sorta half expected them to take stuff that would've been in the Pets EP (conveniently named Cats and Dogs to deflect any criticisms about not including other animals), but I didn't really expect them have the audacity to ACTUALLY do it, not after all the bad publicity EA has had recently with other games. They're trying to push how far they can go with this for sure, and how far they can push us to make as much money as possible before we kick back. If we buy this now then this will be the new norm for future EPs, and they will also be working on how to milk us further. I'm expecting Sims 5 will have micro transactions and lootboxes, and I wouldn't be surprised if they start trying this with the Sims 4 in the near future. I can bet your bottom dollar that if this SP sells well, they will certainly be at least thinking about it as a next step.

But the worst thing for me is seeing a franchise I love and have played since 2001 being run into the ground more and more, that's partly why I'm so angry. I stopped playing after City Living because I'd had it with the way this game was going, but up until now I've still held some hope that it might get better. This tells me that it won't, and that EA's greed is really what's behind this game being so awful, not innocent mistakes or incompetent developers. If all other EA game franchises are anything to go by, then it's not going to get better, it's just going to get worse. Then they'll stop making the Sims altogether, completely shut down Maxis and blame it all on the developers/gamers rather than themselves, which is what they've done to other franchises. Time for me to mourn this series and hope a decent competitor comes along a la cities skylines.

I also want to say that, even after all this, if anyone has any modicum of doubt about EA not being greedy and not caring two hoots about us, then please look into what they've done to the rest of their games. Yongyea is a good channel YouTube and he does very well researched and sourced videos about this. It's very unwise to think that EA is on our side in any shape or form. Once I realised that, understanding why this stuff happens became a lot easier.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I bought a DLC for 100% of the game's price. That was already too much. Okay, to be fair, I probably should've waited for a sale. So that was still quite acceptable.

But now they want me to get another DLC for the first DLC, and that new one costs another 25% of the first DLC. That's ridiculous.

I legitimately had some trust in EA. But now? I guess I won't get their packs at all anymore. Frankly, I'm fed up with this. Maybe Sims 5 will be better. I wouldn't expect that either though.
  • SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    I bought everything till now and not at discounted price (I even pre-ordered some of packs, last being Cats & Dogs).
    I played Sims3 and apart Katty Perry thing I own all packs. So in other words, I am a big fan of the game.

I watched the trailer several times, just to be sure that I am not missing anything and each time I ended by raising one brow.
    One pet: a rat. That should have been in a GP with lots of other small animals.
    Lots of clothes for cats and dogs - which by the way I am not using, animals do not need clothes. They have fur. I believe only some small/very sensitive dogs may be dressed in winter time, when it's freezing. But let's say this is my game-play, not to generalize it.
    Pet beds - this is something that annoyed me, cause for 40 Euro I expected more from Cats & Dogs. Most of you will probably not agree with me, but Cats & Dogs is below my expectations, both content and game experience point of view. I feel (again) stupid that I ran out and pre-ordered. Should have waited for sales.

Even from build/buy perspective, I am not convinced. Table is nice, but that's all. Dinner set - would never use it, it looks appropriate for a dollhouse.

For me, this pack is a no-go. It is not about the price, it is about expectations. Mine are still high on what it concerns this game, and I am not willing to compromise on that.
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    edited March 2018
    I respect everyone's opinions on here and have been reading them.

It's obvious now that there are some that like the way things are going, and some of us that don't like the way its going so far.
    That's fine and normal.

I really love stuff packs actually, I always have. When they came out with the first expansions and stuff packs for the sims game I was so awed. lol. I loved it.
    I'm a big fan of stuff packs, and even game packs. That's why I bought toddler stuff, and all the others. Most even when I really didn't think I would play it cause it just made the world... much more. That's it. Options!

I suppose I could really deal with this pack being mediocre better if it wasn't something that needed an expansion to be played.
    up until this point.... there has never been a pack, that needed anything more than the base pack to be played.

It's not the end of the world... no... but it is a game changer in the way things have been so far... and its kinda confusing to consumers who are new who may buy it thinking it works like every other game pack, and its IN MY OPINION... only, a rip off. It just doesn't seem right or fair.
    Yah, so simple, don't buy it, okay.

but we are talking about how people feel about it, and that mostly is what has me upset.
    Why has it really come to doing something like that? That's what I don't understand.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    Are you kidding me? I refuse to buy this pack, I'm actually boggled that EA would look on this idea and think it acceptable. You've literally taken a perfectly good expansion pack and split it into different parts that you can sell off for £20 each. Do you genuinely not care about your consumers or the people who have been following your games for the past 18 years? Do you really only give a crap about how much money you can scrape together from this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 poor excuse of a pack? This is a freakin' joke. You've gone to far EA. I'm so upset and disappointed. It's funny how this comes a few months after you decide to raise your prices. Honestly, you think people are blind to your Mr. Monopoly man ways.

It's nice to see that this is how you feel you can treat loyal customers. You're pushing your luck EA. There's only so much you can get away with before you lose a large share of your regular consumers. For me personally? This is it. I'm done now.
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    edited March 2018
    Well, I actually dont mind that the stuff pack is tied to an expansion. What bothers me is the small amount of content. Yikes, to require cats and dogs and then make a 10 dollar hamster/hedgehog/rat add on is disappointing. I fully expected to see multiple creatures that live in a habitat/cage in a "pet stuff pack". Turtles, Birds, Spider, Bunnies, Guinea Pigs, etc. If they added small animations only (holding, petting, talking to, putting back in cage), they could have done most of these in a stuff pack. Also, if they left out animal clothing and cat/dog objects, they could have done this pack without requiring cats and dogs. I think having a solo stuff pack, with small creatures, might have been more pleasing.

All I know is..im not buying this stuff pack.
    edited March 2018
    Bonnie wrote: »
    You've literally taken a perfectly good expansion pack and split it into different parts that you can sell off for £20 each.

SPs are £10 and EPs are £35 (formerly £8 and £30).
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    With simmers feeling things were missing from Cats & Dogs, like pet beds and dog houses, this way of releasing new content wasn't thought through at all. What they should have done is to make a game pack with smaller animals, like rodents, birds, lizards etc. and include non-EP specific objects lilke beds and tables, aswell as CAS items that aren't for dogs in that pack. Then they should have patched in pet objects and pet clothes for the Expansion instead. People would have gotten more incentive to buy the expansion, and we would have gotten a great GP. That way EA would have made tons of more money and we'd all be happy instead of this mess. As it is now, the pack will sell bad, and EA ends up with a ton of unsatisfied customers. The 10 bucks they get per person that actually buys the pack is not worth the mess they've made. If they instead had made some effort to please simmers, they would make ALOT more money in the process.

It's official, EA, you're doing it wrong.

You couldn’t be more right. I deeply agree with all you said.
    EA, you are (and have been) doing it (all) wrong!!

I started to feel like it’s anyway a waste of time and energy to even have some part of my mind occupied with any thoughts about this company.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I can't believe this is happening. This is real? Are you actually launching a DLC from an expansion? This is a lack of absurd respect with the community, Maxis is making it a point to increasingly spoil a game that has already been released spoiled.

One of the biggest questions when The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack was announced was: Will we have small animals? And the answer to not having small animals is simply this: THEY WERE ALREADY PLANNING LAUNCH SMALL ANIMALS SEPARATELY, like paid content. This is further reinforced when we take into account that the development of a new package starts many months before it is released.

The worst part is it isn't even a small pets pack.... Its just hamsters....
    I honestly would feel better if it was a small animal game pack. I know itd cost more as a GP, but I think its be a less obvious cash grab if they added many small animals at once. Adding only 1 definitely makes it feel like a cash grab, and makes simmers wonder if they'll add each small pet in a pack : not good.
    I'm really dissapointed also... Especially because they're bringing back the guinea pig disease... That's the icing on the cake of "all we want is to tease you so we can get your money" its terrible.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited March 2018
    Bonnie wrote: »
    You've literally taken a perfectly good expansion pack and split it into different parts that you can sell off for £20 each.

SPs are £10 and EPs are £35 (formerly £8 and £30).
    You missed the part where gamepacks increased. :)
    Gamepacks used to be £14 and are now £18.
    giphy_1.gif
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    EA gon' EA. *eyeroll* Anyone who has played any other EA game will know, unfortunately, that this is the norm for this company.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree