Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do sims 2 fans prefer sims 3 or sims 4?

Comments

• QueenEcheveriaQueenEcheveria Posts: 61 Member
    I have to say my favourite so far is Sims 4. While I do prefer Sims 3 over Sims 2 due to it's open world and ability to customise clothing and furniture. I do miss some of the features that where in Sims 2. Only reason I prefer Sims 4 over Sims 3 is that for me while I do love the detail they put into Sims 3, it seems to have been rushed and even now still has issues. For me Sims 4 runs a lot smoother, I do still play Sims 3 occasionally though.
    pouladb96c2.png
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    The Sims 4 as it is very hard to play rotationally in The Sims 3. Retire a businessman, come back and see that he had become a low-level chef, losing the pension. This doesn't happen in The Sims 4.
  • FaultexFaultex Posts: 6 New Member
    The Sims 4. Even though my computer could handle TS3 it was a ram and graphics hog that had very long loading times despite the open world. I have also experienced fewer bugs and glitches in TS4 compared to the TS3 (remember the freaky stretched pets??). I also tend to prefer the way the sims themselves look in TS4, I don't know if it's me but I found a lot of ugly ones in TS3 and don't get me started on the babies and toddlers...lol.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I had more fun playing Sims 2 and Sims 3. I installed the base game of Sims 4, played a little and quit. I went back to 2 and 3. I miss the unusual occurrences from 2. Like when a teenager would get abducted by aliens if they looked through a telescope too much LOL
    I could name a hundred but you know what I mean. I loved being able to zoom down in the city in Sims 3. I would like for Sims 5 to be a combination of 2 and 3. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I might give 4 another chance.
  • TeoKnowsBestTeoKnowsBest Posts: 81 Member
    If you would've asked me this question like... some months ago, I would've said TS3, but now, since I gave Sims 4 a chance, I think I'm starting to like it better. The thing that I don't like about Sims 4 is that the graphics make it look boring... But other than that, I really like it. Really looking forward to seeing new expansions since they make everything so good lately.

Origin: TeoKnowsBest
  • MythicBiscuitMythicBiscuit Posts: 32 Member
    I think 4, as it resembles TS2 in more ways (closed world, etc).
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    I had returned from 3 to 2 before the 4th iteration was announced already. Sims 3 made rotational play a burden plus story progression. Open world with actual travel times, clearly defined workplaces that left little room for imagination and curfew were too far from what I had come to view as the sims gaming experience to enjoy the game long term. Sims 4 allows me to enjoy the elements I loved about Sims 3, for example collecting, and I'm also in love with the flexible CAS and household management.
    I'm afraid when it comes to my favourite games I can take change in small doeses only, lol.
  • SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    TS4 would be my favorite but bcause my sims 4 game lags like crazy I chose sims 3 it still lags it's er a bit more boring aspect bcause nobody is at a concert.....restaurant or anywhere but it works better on my computer and has Create a Style.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I never really played the Sims 3, it is just not my style. I don't like how they look and how the objects look. Also how they go in the car and how baby's look, it's just a step back from the Sims 2 imo. The transition from 1 to 2 was the best.
    I like Sims 4 but I'm back to 2 now.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Francais411Francais411 Posts: 34 Member
    I liked Sims 3 better, as it was just harder to do anything in the game, and I feel like there was more creativity in 3.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I hated 3. Never played 4.

So I have been playing sims since sims 1. And I was not even 12 years old yet lol. And I think sims 2 and Sims 4 are the best. I did not connect at all with Sims 3. I noticed that people who adore sims 3, hate sims 4. Which is fine. I just don't relate to all of the fan-fare over TS3, its probably a great game, I just feel Sims 4 has more lifelike sims and more soul. Sims 2 has an endearing quality to it as well. I am pretty much tied with liking Sims 2 slightly more than Sims 4.

And I agree, I pretty much hated sims 3 @WarGreymon77
    TS2 is definitely my favorite. I really liked TS2 University. I really miss playing TS1 Makin' Magic. That was the most out-of-the-box expansion I've ever played. I skipped TS3 all together and played TS4 next. I really like TS4's graphics. I downloaded TS3 after playing TS4 obsessively for months. The shoddy graphics in TS3 really killed it for me. I wasn't able to get past that one thing and haven't played since.

I don't like sims 3 graphics either. Or the way sims look, even sims 2 sims look better. And that's saying a lot. But Sims 2 is so endearing, that I could play it right alongside sims 4 and still feel that its just as good as sims 4, if not better! @hannahdesney_ <3
    garapoes wrote: »
    I never really played the Sims 3, it is just not my style. I don't like how they look and how the objects look. Also how they go in the car and how baby's look, it's just a step back from the Sims 2 imo. The transition from 1 to 2 was the best.
    I like Sims 4 but I'm back to 2 now.

I'm playing sims 2 again, as a sims 4 fan and Sims 2 is so cool also! :)@garapoes
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    edited February 2018
    I loved sims 2 and went from there to sims 3 medieval, then to sims 3. I prefer sims 3 to 4 like...so...very...much.

My thought process over the years with sims 3 has been:
    Oh wow I can change patterns and colors to whatever I want of just about anything!? What? Making replica's of real buildings here I come! Open world? What? Who's that...what're they doing? omgawsh sorry fam, gonna be playing that family for a bit. Oh look over there I can jog across the town and visit anything my little heart contents.

I can, explore China, France, Egypt? What? (bonus they actually look and feel like you're in the country, from the songs you can learn, to the food, the artifacts you can excavate, to learning kung fu and spar, or be a wine...connoisseur. )

I can be a mermaid and explore pockets of the ocean!? WHAT!?
    And that's not including being able to change neighborhoods, create worlds, silly random things, silly random deaths...my teen trying to be a pyromaniac and set the neighbors house on fire...

Then to sims 4, Well, the pixar-lite-open up painter-n- paint-rocks-look isn't my cup of tea,
    but hey sims 2's noses grew on me...
    Oh...no more CAS...okay well I can live with that.
    No more open world...okay...well I can sorta, mmm...suddenly I feel like I'm in a dollhouse in a glass box. (really felt like there's a world out there you can never touch or be a part of)
    Okay, well not so different from other games before like sims 2, I can try to go back to that feeling.
    Wow. Emotions all over the place, and not even what I feel my sim whose based on a character or person should even feel...that's immersion breaking. Why is everything like the stepford wives? And rinse and repeat a few cycles of life and those feelings and I'm so bored...

To me, sims 4 feels like a step back instead of advancement in gaming, it feels like it took everything that was new and different in sims 3 and then double down on making it sims 2 lite. Perhaps that was the plan...
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Let me start by saying that TS2 is hands down my favourite Sims iteration. I can't see that changing anytime soon. Admittedly, I have a huge amount of nostalgia with it but TS2 is still the Sims game that I have clocked the most amount of time into and that keeps me coming back for more.

It took me a few years to consider trying out 4, I pretty much detested 3 and it left a sour taste in my mouth. I hadn't heard too many great things about 4 and I saw no real incentive to try it when I figured that 2 was giving me everything I crave in my gameplay anyway. Recently, I played the trial of 4 and to my surprise, I liked it far more than I imagined I would. I bought it with Cats and Dogs and then Vampires and City Living as they were on sale and I got City Living for free with a gift card. I'm happy that it's back to a closed world gameplay. Open world is something I never wanted in my Sims and I wouldn't want to see it again. Or at least, certainly not 3's version where a good chunk of the world was a rabbit hole anyway! I love 4's version of vampires and I'm thoroughly enjoying apartment living and the little festivals. I'm a big fan of the CAS too, though it did take me a while to get used to pinching and pulling my sims around.

But despite my praise for 4, it still leaves me feeling hollow compared to the depth that I felt I got from 1 and 2. Maybe it's because I'm older now and I'm not as charmed, I don't know. Its 'worlds' shouldn't be considered such, they're tiny and sad. So while I may enjoy most of the elements of its actual gameplay, I still find that the game is quite superficial and is lacking what I think makes The Sims The Sims; nigh unlimited customisation. 2's ability to change neighbourhoods and subhoods is second to none and no other customisation feature has come close to touching it as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't care less about 3's clunky create-a-style but 4 still could have easily implemented a colour wheel into CAS. I'm not impressed with sims vanishing into thin air when they leave for work either. And as an old school player, let me tell you that I was shocked when I couldn't find a landline phone and when the paper delivery person never came!

So in short, I prefer 4 over 3 (which wasn't difficult in my eyes, for me, it couldn't have got any worse than 3) but I'd still take 2 and 1 above 4. The only reason I'm not still playing 1 is because I'm too inept to get it to work.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • DatRandomSimmerDatRandomSimmer Posts: 59 Member
    This is a hard one I've played all from 1 to 4 hmm I prefer both 2 and 3
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    For PC my order goes 2, 4. I just wish they would have put more features in four from the second game. I have never understood why everyone goes crazy over the open world feature of 3. It was way to much of a lag fest even for my gaming computer. It would have been awesome if they put open world on console with all the EP and SP. Then it might have run like a dream.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I prefer Sims 2 over 3 and 4. I can start a game with a Young Adult and send them to college to earn more skills and friends which will promote them to higher career levels. I can also find a future spouse for my Sims there and start a family sooner after college.
  • MomoChuMomoChu Posts: 6 New Member
    Sims 2 will always be my favorite edition of The Sims. The cutscenes, non-rabbit hole community lots, home businesses and silly deaths, as well as the option to go to private school, were some of the things that kept me coming back. TS2 had a story-building aspect to it that its successors just don't have. The plumbob used to actually be apart of the Simverse and had purposes - it wasn't just a sim marker like it is now.

In terms of graphics, TS3 was the least attractive to me. Sims looked metallic and stiff, the world was littered with rabbit holes and inaccessible terrain, and the UI was uncomfortably shiny. I haven't experienced any of the lags or glitches I keep hearing about, though that doesn't deduct the fact that it's still a major problem in TS3. Sims 4 thankfully retracted from that style, but everything looks like it came straight out of a Facebook game.
  • r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    Sims 3
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I feel 2 is better in a lot of its games.
    Three as better worlds.
    Story progression
    Create a sim
    Create a pattern
    And great new features.
    Lots of content.

But interactions, sims and animations and a lot of content is better in two.

Two was great with sims, three was great with worlds content and tools.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• WinthorpeWinthorpe Posts: 119 Member
    I bought Sims 4 because my (Windows) computer died and I have only Mac at that time, now I have another Windows then it's time for fun again!
  • WinthorpeWinthorpe Posts: 119 Member
    > @Winthorpe said:
    > I bought Sims 4 because my (Windows) computer died and I have only Mac at that time, now I have another Windows then it's time for fun again!

Sorry, I was referring to my Sims 2 UC on Windows.
  • dezoutlouddezoutloud Posts: 35 Member
    I'd say my favorites in order are ts2, ts1/ts3 are tied, ts2 Castaway, my sims, then maybe the sims 4 makes the bottom of the list. The sims 1 and 2 are so full of nostalgia, and always ran the best for me. Ts3 had beautiful graphics, I loved the open world, and the amount of content that came with the packs. My sims was a cute game to play on the wii, I'm still playing ts2 castaway on mac and wii and I love it on the mac so far, and don't get me started on the list of reasons why I hate ts4.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2018
    I hated 3. Never played 4.

So I have been playing sims since sims 1. And I was not even 12 years old yet lol. And I think sims 2 and Sims 4 are the best. I did not connect at all with Sims 3. I noticed that people who adore sims 3, hate sims 4. Which is fine. I just don't relate to all of the fan-fare over TS3, its probably a great game, I just feel Sims 4 has more lifelike sims and more soul. Sims 2 has an endearing quality to it as well. I am pretty much tied with liking Sims 2 slightly more than Sims 4.

And I agree, I pretty much hated sims 3 @WarGreymon77

I agree the sims are betterbetter looking in 4. More life like sims and soul tho. :#

agree 2 is better. Addictive game.time fly's and before I know it been playing 8 hours.
    Better sims and packs.

4 has better looking sims. But a lot of the packs are underwhelming.
    Not addictive. I get bored quickly.
    And of course life stages are poor in 4.

Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon