Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

so i have to ask is anyone else actually excited for this or even want this.

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    i honestly cant help but feel like people would still buy something sims for related even it was just and in game item that blew up once with confeti inside of it or something.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    In case you haven't seen it, here's the new trailer for the pack so you can get a better idea of what's in it:

Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    In case you haven't seen it, here's the new trailer for the pack so you can get a better idea of what's in it:

i did watch it and it has not done much to make me feel like this pack is a good idea.
  • Options
    JulieJLynnJulieJLynn Posts: 39 Member
    It is cool. Of course i like it. I'm just a bit disappointed that this stuff wasn't included in the Cats and Dogs expansion or in an update. I hope this doesn't become a regular thing for them. To lessen an expansion pack and then come out with a stuff pack or whatever for the cash cow. I get it takes time and what not but this just feels like it could have been included, not an extra cost. The small critters are cool and that aquarium table? awesome looking.
  • Options
    LyniaSCLyniaSC Posts: 1,021 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    i honestly cant help but feel like people would still buy something sims for related even it was just and in game item that blew up once with confeti inside of it or something.

Or, you know, people have different tastes? Not everyone is going to like the same things that you do. We get it, you don't understand why they like that. But interestingly enough, you don't have to. If you don't want this pack, that's fine. If hamsters and pet clothes don't interest you, that's also fine. But these are features that a lot of people have been asking for. And like it or not, EA is going to create content based on what they think a majority of simmers would want, and not just what you in particular want.
  • Options
    RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    No I wont buy it, complete waste of money and I wont be milked for a pet that should have came with a pets pack meaning if they were allrdy making this and they knew it would come out it should have been a pets pack to start with instead of milking ppl for cats dogs then another so called first pet? Next they will think of another pet whether it be a bird, snake, rat w/e and they will make another pack and call it another stupid name. Nope I may act daft at times but I aint no cow and wont be milked for cash when it should be a complete pets pack to start with
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    I didn't get surprised with a new pack for other animals, but releasing a new content for another pack? i've never seem that in The Sims franchise, except for small things like that totem if you have TS3 Supernatural + Seasons.

Actually, the same thing happened with TS3 in the Store, you needed Pets in order to access all content of a store set they released after Pets, I believe it was the Atomic Living set.
    https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13226&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:42770&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=13225

The new gameplay content you got was an automatic pet feeder. (You got this one in Cats & Dogs!)
    There’s a difference: you could buy all those items seperately, not necessarily as a set (like I only have that feeder thing).

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    LyniaSC wrote: »
    brendhan21 wrote: »

Or, you know, people have different tastes? Not everyone is going to like the same things that you do. We get it, you don't understand why they like that. But interestingly enough, you don't have to. If you don't want this pack, that's fine. If hamsters and pet clothes don't interest you, that's also fine. But these are features that a lot of people have been asking for. And like it or not, EA is going to create content based on what they think a majority of simmers would want, and not just what you in particular want.
    That’s right. And they’re so friendly that they offer it shattered over several stuff packs instead of just putting it into one, so you can take your pick. Too bad if you like a thing from this pack, and another thing from that pack etc. Then you’ll have to buy them all but that’s life.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, part of me hopes this is the best selling SP so far, just for the laughs.

Yeah, there is certainly much laughter/excitement to be found in the disappointment of others.

/s

Yes, of course. When a pack sells so well that it breaks records, it's a sad, terrible, funeral like affair, and in no way boosts the game overall, lead to potentially more resources for future packs, or anything of the sort.

Because, you know, Cats & Dogs didn't put Sims 4 on the public map again or anything. :p

What are you talking about? C&D is the best selling EP for Sims 4, but what records did it break?

The game has reportedly been doing just fine for awhile now. If EA were going to put more money into Sims 4 they aren’t going to do it after they release a highly anticipated pack that they knew would sell. If anything they saw that they could sell a pack that added the bare minimum. Barely any toys, barely any beds, dogs can’t even sleep on Sim beds, there’s a handful of interactions between sim and pet (not including the standard socials which are applicable to everyone), no small pets. Assuming they are going to put more money into this game that they have actively cut funding for is just unrealistic.

What records did it break? It's the best selling pack for the Sims 4? :D Pretty sure that's a record right there. It was enough for EA and Maxis to make a big deal about it, considering how seldom they talk about sales and such for the game. I think you're underestimating the impact of it. As for the rest, you're just letting your jaded side color your words, so it's whatever.

When a pack sells well, the game it's attached to always gets a boost. Maybe it's just all profit. Maybe resources go back into the teams. Maybe the EP team gets a boost (or other incentives like bonuses in their paychecks or something). But there is an impact, somewhere. Doesn't matter if you like the pack that sold. That's just personal preference.

By extension, if the new small pet SP sells well, the SP team will undoubtedly get a boost. Who knows what that will lead to?
    It’s the best selling pack because of the theme, not its quality (or quantity for that matter). I’ll predict Seasons will beat it, regardless what’s in it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    OliviaD wrote: »
    It says on the teaser you need C&D for the stuff pack if you look carefully.
    I believe it says you need C&D if you want access to all content.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    I wanted small pets, but not like this. They should have, at the very least, patched the hamster into the game and focused the stuff pack on extra pet furniture, pet clothes, etc. I'd also like the option to feed my fish and clean their tank like all the previous games, but that's just me.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    No I wont buy it, complete waste of money and I wont be milked for a pet that should have came with a pets pack meaning if they were allrdy making this and they knew it would come out it should have been a pets pack to start with instead of milking ppl for cats dogs then another so called first pet? Next they will think of another pet whether it be a bird, snake, rat w/e and they will make another pack and call it another stupid name. Nope I may act daft at times but I aint no cow and wont be milked for cash when it should be a complete pets pack to start with

Rats are one of the rodents were getting in this pack.
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    edited March 2018
    While I can understand that some people are excited about it and that's certainly more than okay, this is a stuff pack that I will be skipping so far. Maybe I'll buy it once LGR reviews it since I may just be mistaken, but this stuff pack seems to be pretty light on the content and doesn't seem to be worth even the $13 CAD price tag.
  • Options
    DarkFoxGirl13DarkFoxGirl13 Posts: 45 Member
    i just want that aquarium coffee table
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    i'll wait for it to go on sale before purchasing. I'll only use half the content (i never use the cat/dog outfits and wont use much of the CAS content and the new hair reminds me of a mullet) so I won't pay full price for it. The new disease, hamster/rodent, and some of the BB objects are the only things that I want)
  • Options
    DBClaytonDBClayton Posts: 74 Member
    I'm not interested in the build mode items, and I don't like pet clothes in general (have you ever seen a real animal look happy being forced into clothes?).
    The fish tank table is kind of cool, seems like a fancy apartment or doctor's office sort of item. But considering it's all I would use, it's not worth the price.