Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skull dust??

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yup, useless for the antidote, but i believe can be sold for $100. which is...something? it's nice decor, if any sim or lot wants that type of thing (maybe hold onto it for halloween!). and it does tell a bit of a story, just by the name and description
  • Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    I just click the Statue next to the fountain in Selvadorada market to cure some of those illness
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    At level 5 Salvadoradian, you can buy bone dust (and a few other things) directly from the merchants.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where to get this? My sim got poisoned in the jungle and it looks like he has 3 days till he dies. I talked to locals and they all keep asking for skull dust. Any idea where this is?

In the temple.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    At level 5 Salvadoradian, you can buy bone dust (and a few other things) directly from the merchants.
    You can find that excavating the piles.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    that's just the thing. you *can* find the powder from excavating sites, treasure chests, or 'failing' certain traps for the first time. but, with culture skill 5 you *will* get the powder from asking the merchants to see their secret wares. guaranteed to be there, while all the other options are just 'possible to be there'
  • Options
    ZloytlZloytl Posts: 78 Member
    mshadai wrote: »
    Also, on my first trip through the temple, I found piles of bones that I could place in my inventory, but did not register as anything, not even for bone dust. Does it have any practical use or is it really useless?

I think we need the bones dust to make a cure for things u cant order a remedy on the computer at museum for .. but danged if I know what other ingredients we need ..hoping someone can advise I have googled it n looked on a couple of Sim help sites its so new that no one hasn't posted yet tho I'm still looking

Most curses can apparently be cured by visiting the statue in the market i donated $250 simolens and was cured :)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    My sim chose the wrong answer in the temple and was covered with bone dust. When she visited the market place to find the antidote a merchant made it for her.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 15 Member
    [quote="mshadai;c-16353685"][quote="hmae123;d-935850"]Does anyone know where to get this? My sim got poisoned in the jungle and it looks like he has 3 days till he dies. I talked to locals and they all keep asking for skull dust. Any idea where this is? [/quote]

my sim got the sneezing issue (cant remember the name) n it spread to the others I'm looking for remedy of ancients .. re ur dust it is in the temples in the tomb thingys dang my brain LOL sorry I know where to find it hard to explain I will come back n re-write this properly but my sims just found 4 of the dust on their last expedition and the first one they got 1 of them ..

Anyone know how to get remedy of ancients for sneezing .. and no u cant order it from computer at the museum I tried .. :( [/quote]

[quote="mshadai;c-16353685"][quote="hmae123;d-935850"]Does anyone know where to get this? My sim got poisoned in the jungle and it looks like he has 3 days till he dies. I talked to locals and they all keep asking for skull dust. Any idea where this is? [/quote]

my sim got the sneezing issue (cant remember the name) n it spread to the others I'm looking for remedy of ancients .. re ur dust it is in the temples in the tomb thingys dang my brain LOL sorry I know where to find it hard to explain I will come back n re-write this properly but my sims just found 4 of the dust on their last expedition and the first one they got 1 of them ..

Anyone know how to get remedy of ancients for sneezing .. and no u cant order it from computer at the museum I tried .. :( [/quote]

• Options
    matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 15 Member
    Ok, so once you get the sneezes and you have bone dust in your inventory, you can actually cook remedy of the ancients on the stove!
  • Options
    FrogPrinceFrogPrince Posts: 485 Member
    edited March 2018
    Angel98366 wrote: »
    go the museum there is a computer there and you can order an antidote.. i had the same thing happen
    I tried to get the antidote from the computer. What do you have to look fo rin the options that show when you click on the computer?

I discovered you have to have the illness (green circles) in order to get the antidote from the computer!!!
    Post edited by FrogPrince on
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited March 2018
    I've lost a sim when I sent them down there. Don't see myself playing this pack that much. Beautiful scenery and all but I liked the Open World of Sims 3's World Adventure alot more. I could play that for long periods and never get bored but you can pretty much go thru this world pretty fast and get killed pretty fast too. Not sure if there is any logic to how you know which levers to pull or if it is entirely random each time?
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Zloytl wrote: »
    Also, on my first trip through the temple, I found piles of bones that I could place in my inventory, but did not register as anything, not even for bone dust. Does it have any practical use or is it really useless?

I think we need the bones dust to make a cure for things u cant order a remedy on the computer at museum for .. but danged if I know what other ingredients we need ..hoping someone can advise I have googled it n looked on a couple of Sim help sites its so new that no one hasn't posted yet tho I'm still looking

Most curses can apparently be cured by visiting the statue in the market i donated $250 simolens and was cured :)

I had a relic curse my sim with sneezing and it said I could go get an antidote and I'd be fine... went on vacation to go see a merchant as I had bone dust but the interaction never came up.. I then remembered about offering to the statue and my sim was fine - but i was baffled as to why the interaction for an antidote didn't come up
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Zloytl wrote: »

I had a relic curse my sim with sneezing and it said I could go get an antidote and I'd be fine... went on vacation to go see a merchant as I had bone dust but the interaction never came up.. I then remembered about offering to the statue and my sim was fine - but i was baffled as to why the interaction for an antidote didn't come up

That's because the antidote is only for curing poison, there is a separate cure for those curses, and of course you can also have bone dust to make it. I'm guessing it's the Curse of the Ancients, and one way you can cure that is by having bone dust and making Remedy of the Ancients on the cook stove.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    actually, one curse does need the poison antidote, though yeah, this case was one of the three 'curse of the ancients' (sneezing, yawning, yelling. they're all curse of the ancients) that need 'remedy of the ancients' cooked using bone dust
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    actually, one curse does need the poison antidote, though yeah, this case was one of the three 'curse of the ancients' (sneezing, yawning, yelling. they're all curse of the ancients) that need 'remedy of the ancients' cooked using bone dust

and I can see why this can get quite confusing for which cure works for what curse(s)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @rosemow Thanks for the sharing the link. Got the cure to take care of the sneezing curse. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    Molz96Molz96 Posts: 1 New Member
    If you go to Puerto Llamante Marketplace then right by the entrance place by some flowers there is a white statue of a lady, if you press it says ‘donate to dispel curse’ it’s 250 simoleons and it gets rid of any curse straight away.