Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deligracy's review of the new SP trailer

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
Actually I'm not just sharing this because I agree with it, but because I also wanted share an example of another YouTuber being able to be critical ;) Back on topic ... I don't understand why they're doing this, I honestly just don't. Even if I technically like the stuff that's in it, as opposed to these early access reviewers, I don't get these packs for free and I just cannot bring myself to pay for this one. I feel like I already did. Sorry SP team, but no dice this time. And I hope that won't have to become a habbit..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpUJBAoJb8E

Comments

• Options
    LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Back on topic ... I don't understand why they're doing this, I honestly just don't.

I really hope this doesn't come across unkindly, but do you really not? They're testing the waters to see what they can get away with. EA does this with every series.
    Even if I technically like the stuff that's in it, as opposed to these early access reviewers, I don't get these packs for free and I just cannot bring myself to pay for this one. I feel like I already did.

Because we did.
  • Options
    KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    I don't really keep up with who's cool in the Sim community (social media gives me a headache!), but I'm glad to see some popular, influential people take a stand against this. Loud opposition is the only way EA might consider paying attention to their customers for once.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    Wew. Even Deligracy...

"...but I don't want EA to get into the habit of giving us less in expansion packs, dumbing the expansion packs down in order to make an add-on enticing”

This is only the beginning. They've managed to resist, but expect more carved-up content in the future.

Honestly, there's a strong chance I'll stop playing. I paid full price for C&D, and I own every pack released. EA's history shows this can only get worse.

I sincerely hope enough people will stand up against this for them to realise there's a limit before I ever need to turn my back on this franchise ... cause I really do enjoy the game and own every pack & I honestly don't regret buying them, but I couldn't ever forgive myself for buying this one.

And yeah, I get they may be "testing the waters", but it seems like such an incredibly dumb business decision, I can't get over it ..

ETA: what I mean by dumb is that they already don't have too much goodwill to go by ... I sometimes feel like every time they get some credit from the community, they do whatever they can to reverse it :D and the fact they're barely even trying to hide what they're doing this time? Yeah, no, this will continue to baffle me.
  • Options
    SylvanGladiatorSylvanGladiator Posts: 74 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm so glad the youtubers are voicing their real opinions on this! Hopefully this makes a difference as to whether EA does this stuff in the future or not
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    We better get ferrets in the future.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Youtubers have a lot of power in how content is received by the public (who may not necessarily be avid players like the people on this forum for example). It's good that most of those who I watch have expressed their concerns. Hope this is the last we see of this exploitative model of marketing from the game
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    tobumon wrote: »
    We better get ferrets in the future.

And rabbits
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member

I sincerely hope enough people will stand up against this for them to realise there's a limit before I ever need to turn my back on this franchise ... cause I really do enjoy the game and own every pack & I honestly don't regret buying them, but I couldn't ever forgive myself for buying this one.

And yeah, I get they may be "testing the waters", but it seems like such an incredibly dumb business decision, I can't get over it ..

I really hope it didn't come across as really rude the way I asked that. I reworded it like 5 times, but couldn't get it right. It sounded aggressive no matter how I put it.

_____

I think... when EA does stuff like this, or like the recent lootbox thing, they include into their calculations a number of customers leaving the series and not spending any more money. It's a cost of doing business to theoretically make more money with whatever business practice they've decided to go ahead with.

So they'd expect people to quit, and that it would be outweighed by those who buy into the lootboxes, or the gutted and sliced content. Because it usually does.

I really really really hope this time it costs them far more to go down this road.

It sure does help to see influencers bothered by it and speaking out about it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Actually I'm not just sharing this because I agree with it, but because I also wanted share an example of another YouTuber being able to be critical ;) Back on topic ... I don't understand why they're doing this, I honestly just don't. Even if I technically like the stuff that's in it, as opposed to these early access reviewers, I don't get these packs for free and I just cannot bring myself to pay for this one. I feel like I already did. Sorry SP team, but no dice this time. And I hope that won't have to become a habbit..

She complained about it yes but she still says she's looking forward to buying it.
  • Options

She complained about it yes but she still says she's looking forward to buying it.

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing they will probably send her a review copy, so she will be reviewing it either way
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

No, she didn't say that, she said she'll be "getting it", because she gets them for free.

Even if she gets them for free, she pretty much makes a living through youtube I believe, so she needs to buy the packs to stay up to date. (Just like how lgr buys them)

@op, I am glad you made a thread so I didn't have to. I was saying a couple days ago how I like Deligracy, she also tells it how it is.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    The saddest part about the pack is, the only thing they added aside from hamster and well I guess aquarium,...they didn't have any unique toys, not even unique pet beds....so in a way, at least the way I see it...this pack still didn't truly complete C&D.

I think the best way they could have done this was a free C&D animal print stuff/new toys. And then create a GP for a variety of new small pets.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options

No, she didn't say that, she said she'll be "getting it", because she gets them for free.

Even if she gets them for free, she pretty much makes a living through youtube I believe, so she needs to buy the packs to stay up to date. (Just like how lgr buys them)

@op, I am glad you made a thread so I didn't have to. I was saying a couple days ago how I like Deligracy, she also tells it how it is.

If she gets them for free, then no, she doesn't have to buy them. LGR has to buy them because he was too critical and wasn't good for the brand anymore so they stopped sending him review copies.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I always thought it would be neat to expand on expansion packs. I could have accepted a game pack with small pets like hamsters, turtle's, rabbits, birds, goffers and snakes that you could sell. I don't think having a stuff pack just for hamsters was a good idea though.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

If she gets them for free, then no, she doesn't have to buy them. LGR has to buy them because he was too critical and wasn't good for the brand anymore so they stopped sending him review copies.

Yes, but I'm saying that even if she didn't get them for free, she would still buy them, because she makes a living with them, just like LGR does.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member

Exactly, and she is obligated to promote it too!
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I'm so glad the youtubers are voicing their real opinions on this! Hopefully this makes a difference as to whether EA does this stuff in the future or not

When have youtubers verbalized non-real opinions? What criteria do you use to determine real versus non-real opinions?
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    I'm glad that the YouTube influencers are speaking out against the pack. I'm not opposed to them making stuff packs (although I would prefer more GPs/EPs) but this seems like such a blatant...segmentation of features that should've been in an EP. Maybe this will be the limit of how they segment things if there's enough backlash.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top