Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    As we all know, today we have been shown the trailer to The Sims(TM) 4 My First Pet Stuff. I honestly can't express my dissapointment enough, unless this is a free pack (it isn't very clear) I feel like all of this should've been included in the original Cats and Dogs pack. Why should we have to pay extra? Not only will the expansion w/ this pack cost £40, Simmers who do not have the money for the EP will not be getting full experience like other players. This seems highly unfair.
    I understand that they have done this in TS3 with the weather stone, but the weather stone was a relatively small feature. EA said they'd never do this to players, so why have things changed
    I am the champion, my friend
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Still no mention of what exactly Simmers who don’t own Cats & Dogs will not have if they buy this pack.

I can see a new food bowl in one of the pictures. Presumably it'll be useless without C&D.

Maybe it'll include pet beds too. To supplement the meager two flat ones we got in C&D. People did ask for more pet beds anyway.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    @SimGuruGraham , why just a mouse? Is there no other pets? :(
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm still confused. The fine print says "*Requires The Sims 4 game (sold separately) and all game updates to play. Requires The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs (sold separately) to access all content," which makes it sound like some content doesn't need it. But the launch video says "Do you own The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs? Get ready for more!" which makes it sound like it won't work at all without Cats and Dogs. Which is it?? Until now I was sure it was the first, but people on Twitter are assuming it's the second.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    @plopppo2 It's literally right above you.
    @PeanutButterSims2002 Isn't that what I just said?
  • Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    I am the champion, my friend
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm still confused. The fine print says "*Requires The Sims 4 game (sold separately) and all game updates to play. Requires The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs (sold separately) to access all content," which makes it sound like some content doesn't need it. But the launch video says "Do you own The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs? Get ready for more!" which makes it sound like it won't work at all without Cats and Dogs. Which is it?? Until now I was sure it was the first, but people on Twitter are assuming it's the second.

I think it's just for objects for Cats & Dogs that we need C & D.
    Lu4ERme.gif

In the video, it's mouse, hedgehog ( <3 ), Voidcritter (?!), hamster. (Watch the part in the wheel.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    March 13th!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    I think I see a new cat toilet, but I may be wrong.
  • lucycatherin3lucycatherin3 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > I'm still confused. The fine print says "*Requires The Sims 4 game (sold separately) and all game updates to play. Requires The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs (sold separately) to access all content," which makes it sound like some content doesn't need it. But the launch video says "Do you own The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs? Get ready for more!" which makes it sound like it won't work at all without Cats and Dogs. Which is it?? Until now I was sure it was the first, but people on Twitter are assuming it's the second.

It's probably just the cat and dog costumes that require the sims 4 cats and dog expansion. You can probably buy the stuff pack and just access the new clothes and items/small pets but not the things for cats/dogs without the expansion pack.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited March 2018
    ..... Sigh... okay all my hype and so far it looks like one huge hamster cage. Interactive sure, rocket check. But is that all they can do with the little guy? Do I at least get a plain small starter cage?
    Yeah I'm not into buying a bunch more stuff and furniture for kids and pets otherwise. I stand corrected @drake_mccarty. Now it's just a wait and see. If I get a guinea pig sickness out of the deal at least then I'll consider it. It might be my first no buy.
    egTcBMc.png
  • PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    LOL...
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Oh my god. Make it stop.

When are we getting a doghouse?! Maybe they are keeping that for the next SP? lol.

There's a new cat condo in the picture, so a doghouse wouldn't surprising in this EP.

Of course, I just downloaded CC for that because they couldn't be bothered.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Oh boy.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I'm going to buy it, because I like the content I see.. but it essentially means that the "pet" EP ended up being a $50 pack :|
    edited March 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Still no mention of what exactly Simmers who don’t own Cats & Dogs will not have if they buy this pack.

I wish they'd clarify that. I feel like the fine print says one thing ("*Requires The Sims 4 game (sold separately) and all game updates to play. Requires The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs (sold separately) to access all content," which doesn't say it requires Cats & Dogs to play) and the video implies another ("Do you own The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs? Get ready for more!"). Doesn't affect me — I own Cats & Dogs — but it'll affect other people, and the general principle of the thing.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

In the video, it's mouse, hedgehog ( <3 ), Voidcritter (?!), hamster. (Watch the part in the wheel.)

But no birds, turtles etc... It's just not enough... :(

@NorthDakotaGamer still no birds for you again.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png