Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So the next EP will probably be named "3 seasons" and we only get winter if we buy a stuff pack...

ichchenichchen Posts: 84 Member
Seems like it, doesn´t it? Might be sarcastic...

Oh, and of course the stuff pack would only work functionally when "3 seasons" has already been purchased by the player.

Yeah ok that was sarcastic.

But what I actually wanted to ask: Isn´t there something called community management at EA? I mean... they must be aware of the backlash that is caused by releasing a stuff pack for which you partly must rely on another pack. That includes content that actually... don´t get me started.

I mean... I get it. Sims 4 and all its packs are so full of content, they must get rid of some beloved things and then add them later via additional purchases. But I think I am being sarcastic again...

What I am talking about: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936328/the-sims-4-my-first-pet-stuff-a-stuff-pack-filled-with-fur/p1
Please don´t zagadoo me. I cannot deal with something like this and will have nightmares eventually. Like this one time, when I dreamed about a scary woman that told me "YOU RULE" in this very creepy voice and then clapped her hands, releasing a bunch of mindless dancers.
Post edited by ichchen on

Comments

• Options
    DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    has seasons been announced or something?
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Um... OK then.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @Devinale Seasons wasn´t officially confirmed.

They will release a stuff pack that requires "Cats and Dogs". But in all their kindness they made this pack also playable for those that don´t have the EP. But of course those players don´t have to pay less for less features. Features that probably were supposed to be in Cats and Dogs but were not completed in time...
    Please don´t zagadoo me. I cannot deal with something like this and will have nightmares eventually. Like this one time, when I dreamed about a scary woman that told me "YOU RULE" in this very creepy voice and then clapped her hands, releasing a bunch of mindless dancers.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I think you're on to something, I can see that happen...

Or alternatively, we'll get an EP that only adds weather and then a GP that adds the Seasonal activities seperately. You'd have to have the GP to have fun in the snow or in the rain...
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    This is blatant moneygrubbing tactic. I hope it sells abysmally badly.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    It'll be called "Sims 4 Rain" and then later we'll get a "Sims 4 Snow". With a Springtime SP later.
  • Options
    itslouisitslouis Posts: 24 Member
    I feel like there are some very dark analogies to the relationship EA has with it's gamers. They are constantly pushing it too far, then releasing apologetic content in response. If the fan base didn't kick up a fuss every time they do something ridiculous like this with pack content, we'd never have gotten toddlers and dishwashers and pools free.

All I can say is that I buy very few stuff packs and I certainly will never buy this one. I think it's probably about time that EA make some of it's worse-selling stuff-packs free as apology for all we've endured.
  • Options
    :)

They cold make a collection out of it.

Like... buy "Sims 4 - One Cloud" and you get some unsunny days. But "Two clouds" and you get occasional rain. Buy "Three clouds" for thunderstorms. "Four Clouds" for a little bit of snow...
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    What about a hotel SP, but the vacation destinations are sold separately? And without the hotel SP you can only rent houses.

Even that sounds better than a hamster SP though, because you can at least make amazing hotels in your home worlds.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    'Might' be sarcastic. :D

What isn't about this thread? :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It will happen if this SP will well sell.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    'Might' be sarcastic. :D

What isn't about this thread? :p

no way, it is not! You´re being sarcastic now... :p
  • Options
    KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    The worst part is that I can seriously see this happening. As for their community management? Non-existent because EA don't care. The only way they'd consider listening is if their profit margin dropped and I can't see that dramatically happening anytime soon. Can't wait to read the non-ironic responses from people who would love to buy all seasons separately! ;)
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I really hope this SP will be a huge flop.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    I really hope this SP will be a huge flop.

Yeah, I hope so too...
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I always though they’d start with an expansion, something like “nerfed deadly wind” (which would have new food recipes, new pet clothes, new clothes for hamsters, and lots of new wind effects that shake the trees. Maybe a few windows too) and then add in each season and weather type separately through stuff packs. Rain stuff. Heavy rain stuff, snow day stuff, snowman stuff, autumn party stuff, spring rain stuff, etc

/s
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm all for packs working together and could care less about the animal costumes for cats and dogs that are locked never used a animal costume and don't plan to. I'm more annoyed about Pets becoming just Cats and Dogs and having to pay piece by piece for other animals had they at least made this stuff pack birds fish AND hamsters this might not feel like a total money grab.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2018
    We'll get all four seasons in one big pack, maybe a sprinkling of new items, and then more seasonal items in another. I promise you this.

If you've already got Cats&Dogs, there's no reason not to buy My First Pet. But keep in mind that this shows how popular C&D was, that they created a pack in which half of the stuff can't be used without C&D.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Our community manager has gone I think. Probably good timing for Drake with this announcement.

I agree, it's going to be Seasons but if you want snow it will be 10 bucks, ditto rain (although we will get pet jackets!) and activities?
    Stuff pack per activity. Graham once said he wants to make a pool floats stuff pack so lets begin there and see how we go...
  • Options
    JulieJLynnJulieJLynn Posts: 39 Member
    That's a possibility :/ but at least I heard that if they do Seasons, the seasons won't be confined to just one world.
  • Options
    DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    ichchen wrote: »
    @Devinale Seasons wasn´t officially confirmed.

They will release a stuff pack that requires "Cats and Dogs". But in all their kindness they made this pack also playable for those that don´t have the EP. But of course those players don´t have to pay less for less features. Features that probably were supposed to be in Cats and Dogs but were not completed in time...

then I get it! but I feel like they allready have been like this from day one, I mean it took some time to get pools and even longer to get toddlers!
    The business model with SP, GP and EP is sort of stupid in my opinion, I have all the EPs, 2GPs and 3 SPs and if I compare it to the other sims games like 1 and 3, I had alot more at this point! Although you can't compare the TS3 stuffpacks to the ones that are now I think. I never owned a stuffpack in TS3 or I got the katy perry thing for free but I didn't like it. I feel like EPs now have alot less content and lower quality. I'm just hoping the next sims game will happen and that it will be better, but if it's going to continue like this... Might get even worse with the next one I don't know. :/
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I'm just curious what the next quaterly teaser will be after this great stuff pack.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm just curious what the next quaterly teaser will be after this great stuff pack.

Well, they'll probably place in an April Fool for sure.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png