Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    Mouse1996 wrote: »
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Ill buy it for the fish tank table. I don't really dress up my cats and dogs but Ive never seen a reason to.

It's really sad to see that you want pay 10$ just for a tank table.

Why judge a person on what they want to spend their money on? I'm sure there will be more in the set that they use, but if they want to buy it strictly for the table, who are we to judge and then call them out on it? We don't have to accept everyone's choices here, but we should still be respectful and not attack them over how they want to spend their money. Not attacking you, just hoping we can keep the conversation respectful and not attack people and put a much unneeded spotlight on them over something as silly as pixels on a screen.
    Mouse1996 wrote: »
    Ill buy it for the fish tank table. I don't really dress up my cats and dogs but Ive never seen a reason to.

Why judge a person on what they want to spend their money on? I'm sure there will be more in the set that they use, but if they want to buy it strictly for the table, who are we to judge and then call them out on it? We don't have to accept everyone's choices here, but we should still be respectful and not attack them over how they want to spend their money. Not attacking you, just hoping we can keep the conversation respectful and not attack people and put a much unneeded spotlight on them over something as silly as pixels on a screen.

The problem is when we get situations like this and greedy companies are trying to do things that are a slap in the face and a cash grab, and people buy it, that then gives them the green light to continue and thus continues to ruin it for everyone and the quality of this game continues to get dragged down whilst EA continue to push it as far as they can. Fans of other games however have put their foot down, and that forced the game company to stop doing what they were doing (Star Wars Battlefront 2 people kicked off about the lootboxes and they removed them!). So yeah people have every right to be annoyed by this.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hamster and furniture look great, but does anybody ever use these pet clothes?

I guess people like me, who are closer to the target group (in what we want from the game, not in our age). It's not so different from enjoying playing sims in the criminal career: a thing you'd never condone irl but that can be fun in a game. At the moment I'm leaning 50% towards buying the pack and the costumes are the main reason for that.

They probably didn't anticipate the avalanche on the forums when they prepared the trailer, but starting it with "Do you own pets & dogs" when the main gripe is the SP requirering the EP (and the secondmost critique being that these items could easily have been included in the EP, the SP being a money grab), ugh, that's not the most clever marketing move.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    RnM92 wrote: »

Eh you don't have to buy it. It's not like anyone is being forced too. There are other things but regardless if you're already hating the pack even if I said I love everything in it Id just get another comment that states why its sad people are defending the pack and buying it at all.

It's sad because this should all have been in the Pets EP, like with every other Pets EP in Sims 1-3, yet they are taking advantage of us selling it separately for another £10. There is absolutely no reason why this could not have been part of the EP. If you really cannot see anything at all wrong with this then you are being extremely naive. Plus what's more the more we buy into stuff like this, the more they continue to carve up content into bite sized pieces, and so it continues. Many of us are fed up with this game being treated like a bloody cash cow. What's more you only need to look at EAs other games to see how greedy they are and how Iittle they care about the fans of their game franchises.

Ok lets be realistic. Ofc I would love for this to be in the pet EP, who wouldn't? But lets face the fact that its not. Should it be? Yes. Being navie and being positive is 2 different things. I can come on and rage about everything I dislike about the sims 4 but not everyone wants to hear that.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

He can use his money however he likes. That is quite a nifty table after all. Not gonna lie. Lol
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Hamster and furniture look great, but does anybody ever use these pet clothes?

I guess people like me, who are closer to the target group (in what we want from the game, not in our age). It's not so different from enjoying playing sims in the criminal career: a thing you'd never condone irl but that can be fun in a game. At the moment I'm leaning 50% towards buying the pack and the costumes are the main reason for that.

They probably didn't anticipate the avalanche on the forums when they prepared the trailer, but starting it with "Do you own pets & dogs" when the main gripe is the SP requirering the EP (and the secondmost critique being that these items could easily have been included in the EP, the SP being a money grab), ugh, that's not the most clever marketing move.

Then have fun with the costumes :) . I'm sure this will be the best selling SP of the series.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Ya'll act like you don't remember the sims 3 store. Stuff packs are basically the new store (but better in my opinon). The reality at the end of the day is Maxis is a business. They have deadlines and yadda yadda. This stuff probably wasn't ready when pets were announced. Or maybe it wasn't planned til they saw how much you guys wanted small pets or used pet clothes (they have data on this, regardless of how many of us use it). The fact is we don't know when this was in development. Could be a cash grab. Either way, it's happening and you can vote with your wallets or wait for a sale or whatever. But it's not a scam. It's just business.

That being said, that hamster has a rocket. Where is it going?!
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    I'm so plumbing excited and I don't care if it's ridiculous it looks so much FUN!!!!!!!!! I swear I saw a hedgehog <3
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    There was a rat/mouse, hamster, hedgehog and something that looked like a small sheep on the trailer... My question is what was that fourth thing that we just saw?
    I really don't wanna make a new post for this question so I hope that someone replies haha
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    There was a rat/mouse, hamster, hedgehog and something that looked like a small sheep on the trailer... My question is what was that fourth thing that we just saw?
    I really don't wanna make a new post for this question so I hope that someone replies haha

The ram looking one? That is a void critter, a miniature bubalus.
    edited March 2018

Eh you don't have to buy it. It's not like anyone is being forced too. There are other things but regardless if you're already hating the pack even if I said I love everything in it Id just get another comment that states why its sad people are defending the pack and buying it at all.

It's sad because this should all have been in the Pets EP, like with every other Pets EP in Sims 1-3, yet they are taking advantage of us selling it separately for another £10. There is absolutely no reason why this could not have been part of the EP. If you really cannot see anything at all wrong with this then you are being extremely naive. Plus what's more the more we buy into stuff like this, the more they continue to carve up content into bite sized pieces, and so it continues. Many of us are fed up with this game being treated like a bloody cash cow. What's more you only need to look at EAs other games to see how greedy they are and how Iittle they care about the fans of their game franchises.

Ok lets be realistic. Ofc I would love for this to be in the pet EP, who wouldn't? But lets face the fact that its not. Should it be? Yes. Being navie and being positive is 2 different things. I can come on and rage about everything I dislike about the sims 4 but not everyone wants to hear that.

Not it's not being positive, it's overlooking it and accepting it. Stop rolling over and just accepting stuff like this! I can't believe this community sometimes! Buying these stuff packs that should've been EP content is rewarding this greedy behaviour and means it's going to keep happening. Would you be happy if we got Seasons but the weather was sold to us in a SP? Or all of the activities that came with previous Seasons EPs? The only way to get them to stop doing stuff like this is to not buy it. You might be ok with it but it's absolutely ruining this game for many of us.
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    edited March 2018
    ItsJanier wrote: »

The ram looking one? That is a void critter, a miniature bubalus.

Oh that explains A LOT :mrgreen:! Thank you @Cheekybits
    np @ItsJanier I had to watch the trailer a few times to make sure xD

Not it's not being positive, it's overlooking it and accepting it. Stop rolling over and just accepting stuff like this! I can't believe this community sometimes! Buying these stuff packs that should've been EP content is rewarding this greedy behaviour and means it's going to keep happening. Would you be happy if we got Seasons but the weather was sold to us in a SP? Or all of the activities that came with previous Seasons EPs? The only way to get them to stop doing stuff like this is to not buy it. You might be ok with it but it's absolutely ruining this game for many of us.

So to my understanding you don't want anyone to buy this pack? Cause that's what it sounds like.
    At 0.24 in the trailer you see a cat sitting on the fish table and grabbing for the fish. Is this a new animation or was it already in the game?
    edited March 2018
    {EA_Lanna: Quote removed}

I agree that this SP is a symbol for a hidden price rise in TS4 - but is this really such a sin? Can we expect EPs to cost 40 dollars in TS1, TS2, TS3 and TS4 while in the same time inflation and wages have risen by 35 %? I think a lot of angry posters here are pupils and have never worked for a company that struggles every year to make profit and save their employees jobs. For me that is the daily reality and I don't agree with all these calls to have everything for free.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited March 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    {EA_Lanna: Spam removed!}

Lol, that was funny the first time.
    edited March 2018

You just used the sims 1-3 to justify your beliefs in the previous comments.... Why can't they do the same?
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Looking really cute and all but I don't know. I am gonna buy this pack obviously but mayb when it's on sale. Love Hamsters :heart:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
    edited March 2018

I agree that this SP is a symbol for a hidden price rise in TS4 - but is this really such a sin? Can we expect EPs to cost 40 dollars in TS1, TS2, TS3 and TS4 while in the same time inflation and wages have risen by 35 %? I think a lot of angry posters here are pupils and have never worked for a company that struggles every year to make profit and save their employees jobs. For me that is the daily reality and I don't agree with all these calls to have everything for free.

That might apply to a small business or indie developer, but like I just said EA is making record profits, they are certainly not struggling. They have been making billions, much of it off lootboxes (and this is profit, not revenue). And as games are actually now getting cheaper to make, keeping the price at $40 dollars shouldn't be an issue. And even if it was, I'd be happy to pay another few quid and get a full expansion, rather than have everything carved up. There's enough info out there that EA is always trying to make as much money as possible using often disingenuous tactics, so it shouldn't come as a surprise they're doing this to the Sims.

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Hey, I've paid $10 for a pizza that was gone the same evening more times than I can count. This tank table will last years, man.

#Lol.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    7 more exciting days to watch these forums devolve into chaos and madness >:)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Ya'll act like you don't remember the sims 3 store. Stuff packs are basically the new store (but better in my opinon). The reality at the end of the day is Maxis is a business. They have deadlines and yadda yadda. This stuff probably wasn't ready when pets were announced. Or maybe it wasn't planned til they saw how much you guys wanted small pets or used pet clothes (they have data on this, regardless of how many of us use it). The fact is we don't know when this was in development. Could be a cash grab. Either way, it's happening and you can vote with your wallets or wait for a sale or whatever. But it's not a scam. It's just business.

That being said, that hamster has a rocket. Where is it going?!

Stop using the Sims 3 to justify what's happening with the Sims 4. Two wrongs don't make a right. Yes it was bad, and we shouldn't have accepted that either, but people did and that's why they've continued.

Again, more justification for greedy practices. There's a difference between just being a business and using all manners of unscrupulous tactics to bleed everyone dry, giving people worse and worse quality products. It's anti consumer and it's a slap in the face. And yes scams do exist and it's not considered business, why else would we have laws protecting against them?

Utter rubbish. You can't seriously believe they didn't think to add small pets when every other EP for the Sims included them? Or at the very least the idea didn't occur to them? They clearly chose not to. Or if they did and they couldn't fit them in, then they needed a bigger budget. The budget allowed for it in 1-3 and EA is making record profits. There's absolutely no excuse for them not to have been excluded.

You just used the sims 1-3 to justify your beliefs in the previous comments.... Why can't they do the same?

The difference is I am comparing to show what they are capable of and why there's no good reason we can't have the same because they've done it before. You are doing it to silence my criticism of this pack. You are basically saying "well it happened in the Sims 3 so stop complaining because nothing's changed".
    edited March 2018

That might apply to a small business or indie developer, but like I just said EA is making record profits, they are certainly not struggling. They have been making billions, much of it off lootboxes (and this is profit, not revenue). And as games are actually now getting cheaper to make, keeping the price at $40 dollars shouldn't be an issue. And even if it was, I'd be happy to pay another few quid and get a full expansion, rather than have everything carved up. There's enough info out there that EA is always trying to make as much money as possible using often disingenuous tactics, so it shouldn't come as a surprise they're doing this to the Sims.

Generally true, but imagine the outcry if Cats & Dogs (with hamster) had cost 50 $ ... I don't know anything about EA's financial situation, but I think making profit with PC games is not getting easier.
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    This stuff pack really is a nice surprise. I am looking forward to it and I am certainly going to buy it.