Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CONFIRMED: Guinea Pig Disease in new Stuff Pack!!

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
It's now officially confirmed by SimGuruGraham!

The Stuff Pack team knows what players want! :)
We finally get the Guinea Pig Disease back from The Sims 1. It took them 18 years!

In the 18th anniversary blog by Grant Rodiek, he talked about the Guinea Pig Disease from the original Sims game and made this statement...

Every time we release a hamster, or womrat, or any small, fluffy creature, there’s a slight panic in our community. Will this be the return of the plague? All I can say is — maybe.

The "All I can say is - maybe" seems like a hint to me. It seem to suggest as recently they talked about rodents. (I was already thinking it was weird before the new rodent Stuff Pack was announced)

What if the hamster Sim we saw in the teaser wasn't actually wearing a costume, but being a hamster was a symptome of the guinea pig disease?
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Now that would be entertaining
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I have pleaded and begged EA for years for the return of guinea pig-related sim death. I hope they've finally opened their ears to my cries!
    6riwm5.png
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2018
    I have pleaded and begged EA for years for the return of guinea pig-related sim death. I hope they've finally opened their ears to my cries!

I just don't think they will go the traditional dark route again we're used to from previous games... it will probably be like the usual Sims 4 Happiness that the Sim becomes a rodent himself and is super happy or some crap like that :(
    a256aFi.gif
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member

I just don't think they will go the traditional dark route again we're used to from previous games... it will probably be like that the Sim becomes a rodent himself and is super happy or some plum like that :(

that'd be a bummer but I guess beggars can't be choosers. . . at the very least maybe it'd lay the groundwork for talented modders to make the death-by-guinea-pig we all deserve.
    6riwm5.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Ahhh great find on the quote. I kept thinking I hope well get that disease back! I think if we do though there will be a cure or other way out. So there is that. I'd rather have a darker side too... but it is what it is.
    As for the hamster suit ... I have no clue. I'd rather stay in the dark and just let it be a costume for now but really cool tie in idea.
    egTcBMc.png
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Wait a minute!

Let's just all pause and breathe.

Are we saying a Sim can turn into a huge rodent?
    edited March 2018
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Wait a minute!

Let's just all pause and breathe.

Are we saying a Sim can turn into a huge rodent?

Yes

Or it's just a costume
    a256aFi.gif
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited March 2018
    The good old days of watching a whole household perish for not washing their hands after looking after the guinea pig... o:)

I quit without saving because they were among my favorites but yeah. :D Would be cool to have it back.

I think the dancing hamster is yet another obnoxious costume. If not, oh well.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Come on you guys, don't be so negative! The hamster could still be the carrier of a terrible disease that brings death and despair to your Sims. Maybe he is just dancing to celebrate his last victim or warming up for the next one!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    We will deffo need a Global Support Network for this - we can map it into the TS3 deformed Pets one.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I hope there's no disease, I didn't like how contagious it was, I will most likely mod it if it's in.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited March 2018
    Neia wrote: »
    I hope there's no disease, I didn't like how contagious it was, I will most likely mod it if it's in.

I always had them washing their hands afterwards. But I see what you mean. I use a mod for the GTW illnessess because they are visually invasive (I love to take screenshots). A TS4 hamster disease would probably do the same.
    edited March 2018

The Guinea Pig Disease from The Sims 1 is back! :) It took them 18 years!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

What was this disease?
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited March 2018

What was this disease?

Guinea Pig Disease is introduced in Livin' Large. Sims can catch it if they are bitten by a guinea pig that has a dirty cage, or from other Sims who have been infected with the disease. Objects cloned from the guinea pig can also cause this disease. Sims infected with Guinea Pig Disease will sneeze and cough frequently, and their Comfort and Energy motives will rapidly decline. An infected Sim will die if not treated within time.

Treatment

Keep the infected Sim home from work or school and try to keep their Comfort and Energy motives up.
    Purchasing The Forgotten Guinea Pig painting will clear the disease from the household after 16 Sim hours.
    A Sim who drinks a white potion created with The "Concoctanation Station" chemistry set will be immediately cured of the disease. Additionally drinking a blue potion will restore three random motives which, while not directly curing the disease, can help them to recover from it.
    a256aFi.gif
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    But there are no guinea pigs in this pack. From the blog:
    With The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff, you can add small pets to households, like a hamster, rat, pygmy hedgehog, or miniature bubalus.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    But there are no guinea pigs in this pack.

That's true, and even then I don't guinea pig disease is worth $10

• KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    That's really nice! Looking forward to it.
    With The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff, you can add small pets to households, like a hamster, rat, pygmy hedgehog, or miniature bubalus.

I think you might want to take a closer look at the trailer. I have definitely seen guinea pigs.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Okay good to know. I'll watch the livestream. I'm disappointed though overall.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited March 2018

Then it's called "Rodent Disease"

But you never know, maybe a hamster and hedgehog can also have the infamous Guinea Pig Disease, even though they aren't Guinea Pigs?
    a256aFi.gif
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I'm so happy about this!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Klthf wrote: »
    That's really nice! Looking forward to it.

I think you might want to take a closer look at the trailer. I have definitely seen guinea pigs.

If there were guinea pigs, they would've mentioned it in the blog surely? I don't see them mentioning ferrets or birds or turtles or lizards either because it's not in the pack.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited March 2018
    I loved guinea pig disease (although how can it be guinea pig disease with no guinea pig? ;) )

But sorry EA I don’t support this pack.

I loved guinea pig disease (although how can it be guinea pig disease with no guinea pig? ;) )

Maybe it spreaded onto hamsters and other rodents?
    I mean humans can get the swine flu after all and the most humans aren't pigs. (The most!)
    a256aFi.gif
  • PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    haha as a Sims player from the very beginning, this made me laugh. Happy they're bringing it back, and most certainly it's not going to be as bad as the original. At the time, it caused chaos because people weren't sure how their sims were contracting it and why they were dying.